d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2013 Nfl Mock Draft!
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Apr 2 2013 10:13pm
4/6 - 3 Round what I think will happen mock
4/20 - 7 Round what I think should happen mock with explanations/analysis
4/25 - The Draft ^_^

Well, a few days early to my expected date but that's good. :)

Do me a solid and try to read what I have written in this first part so you don't ask a question that has been answered already and make yourself look foolish. :)

I started this on Sunday, March 31 so any events, trades, etc that take place after that will not be reflected in this mock.

This is my “what I think will happen mock” meaning, I am throwing my rankings of players out the window, my team needs out the window and attempting to look purely at what has been said by teams, what the “experts” are saying about teams/prospects, etc. I have included a few trades listed below as well.

Trades
1) Jacksonville trades the #2 overall pick to the Miami Dolphins for the #12 and #79 overall picks in the 2013 draft and the Dolphins’ second round pick in 2014.

2) Detroit trades the #5 overall pick to the Buffalo Bills for the #8 and the #105 (round 4) overall picks.

3) Tampa Bay trades the #13 and #44 overall picks to the New York Jets for CB Darrelle Revis.

4) Cleveland trades the #6 overall pick to the New York Jets for the #9 and #106 (round 4) overall picks.

5) New England trades the #29 overall pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for the #35 and #136 (round 5) overall picks.

Round 1
1. Kansas City (2-14) – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Every year, eventually the first overall pick becomes obvious and this year is no exception. The Chiefs are going to grab Joeckel and try to trade Albert and is not, play Albert at LT and Joeckel at RT this year and allow Albert to walk next year while Joeckel can step into that starting LT spot with ease.

2. Miami – from Jacksonville (2-14) *1 – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
TRADE: Miami has a handful of picks and in this scenario, Jacksonville isn’t exactly all that in love with someone so when Miami comes knocking, Jacksonville is happy to take this trade (if Jacksonville doesn’t want to make this move and they do not select Fisher, look for Miami to turn to Oakland next and attempt the same trade which I believe Oakland would jump at with little hesitation). Miami lost Jake Long, that’s OK, he was quickly declining and asking for way too much money, so they move up, assure themselves a top talent and solidify the left tackle spot for years and years to come with Eric Fisher.

4/1 Update: Seems as if Jacksonville is quite interested in Sharrif Floyd so this trade may happen with Oakland.

3. Oakland (4-12) – Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
As you can see 2 picks down, Buffalo wants to move up to secure Geno. They may move here to leap frog Philly so it seems like it’s not needed now. The Raiders just need talent. They need talent at almost every single position on an NFL roster. Floyd is arguably the top talent overall in this draft so the Raiders actually make a smart decision.

4. Philadelphia (4-12) – Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
Philly doesn’t get a top offensive lineman, they have shown more interest in EJ Manuel than Geno Smith, they’re switching their defense and they desperately need a true nose tackle to fill the middle of their DLine. Star has recently received nothing but positive new about his heart condition and he is the top talent overall in this draft imo so the Eagles make a great move, get a great talent and fill a need to make this transition to a 3-4 easier.

5. Buffalo – from Detroit (4-12) *2 – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
TRADE: It seems that Detroit has their hearts set on one of those top offensive linemen. Well they don’t get one and when Buffalo wants to move up, Detroit is happy to drop down only a few slots and add an extra pick. Buffalo added Kevin Kolb recently but that isn’t going to stop them from doing whatever it takes to get Geno Smith. I was a little generous with this trade, having Buffalo only give up a 4th rounder (although it is only a move of 3 spots so it’s not a major one) but I believe they have set themselves up for a major asking price when they start asking to move up simply because teams know how interested they are in Geno now. Anyway, they want to leapfrog Cleveland and Arizona to make sure they get the QB they want and they do.

6. New York Jets – from Cleveland (5-11) *4 – Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
TRADE: See trade #3/*3 as well for more info here. Cleveland is in kind of a tough spot here. There really isn’t a great fit for them. Milliner would be a nice addition to their defense, they could add a piece on offense, but when the Jets want to move up to get Milliner as a replacement for Revis (again, see trade #3/*3), the Browns happily drop back a few spots to see how the next few picks play out and give themselves another pick later on. The Jets however, find themselves with a few picks after trading Revis (*3) along with a need for a new corner. They take the plunge, sacrifice a 4th round pick and replenish their secondary, at least a little bit, with the selection of Milliner.

7. Arizona (5-11) – Dion Jordan, OLB/DE, Oregon
This pick could very easily be Lane Johnson but the Cardinals have been true to their word about drafting the BPA (that makes sense though) over the past few drafts. They stick to their guns here and take Dion Jordan. They need pass rushing help across from Sam Acho since Schofield has been less than effective and has trouble staying healthy.

8. Detroit – from Buffalo (6-10) *2 – Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
TRADE: This trade was discussed above at Buffalo’s pick (#5). Detroit has a few needs they could address here. They could easily go Ziggy Ansah and add a dynamic pass rusher, Lane Johnson or Chance Warmack to help their OLine but they go with Tavon Austin knowing that this draft class is much deeper at pass rush and oline than it is at receiver. Austin has been receiving quite a bit of top 10 buzz lately and Detroit confirms that here. They need help at receiver with Titus Young going bat shit crazy and Austin is the absolute PERFECT complement to Calvin Johnson. If Reggie Bush can produce just a little bit in the run game and with the addition of Austin, the Lions can very easily have the most explosive offensive in the entire NFL.

9. Cleveland – from New York Jets (6-10) *4 – Cordarrelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
TRADE: Trade was discussed above at New York’s pick (#6). Cleveland is again in a tough spot here. There’s really just no player that truly fits great for them. If I was in charge of the Browns, I would select Chance Warmack here and be happy to have one of the best guard prospects to ever enter the NFL. But, I believe the Browns will go in a different direction and select Patterson to give Weeden/Mallett a weapon rather than protection. Can’t fault the Browns at all here though. Patterson has the highest ceiling of any receiver in this year’s draft and he could be an incredible talent with a little bit of time to develop. With Horton in charge of Cleveland’s already pretty solid defense and their offense starting to gain some nice pieces, the AFC North better be on high alert.

10. Tennessee (6-10) – Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
Tennessee has said they wanted a corner but with Dee off the board, they will go with Chance Warmack and boost their offensive line even more. The interior of their line was absolute garbage last year and was a contributor of CJ’s failures (CJ being a hunk of shit doesn’t help either but that’s for another time. ;) ) They signed one of the best guards in the NFL (Andy Levitre) and now they add the top guard prospect to ever enter the NFL draft and they turn one of the worst offensive lines into one of the best very quickly.

11. San Diego (7-9) – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
This one is easy. San Diego’s oline is garbage, they must improve it, there isn’t another player on the board who makes sense, whichever top offensive lineman is available at this pick, that will be the selection.

12. Jacksonville – from Miami (7-9) *1 – Ziggy Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
TRADE: Trade was discussed above at Miami’s pick (#2). Well well well, would you look at this. Jacksonville may have taken Ziggy Ansah #2 overall. They pass on him to make a trade with Miami, add a pick and look what happens, Ziggy falls. What happens at the #2 overall pick will drastically alter where a few different players go in this draft and in this scenario, the Jaguars are rewarded by Ziggy’s fall.

13. New York Jets – from Tampa Bay (7-9) *3 – Barkevious Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
TRADE: The Jets take Tampa’s offer of this year’s first and second round picks for Revis, they move up from their pick to replace Revis and now they turn to their need for a pass rushing presence. It’s weird; to see good, intelligent moves being made by the Jets. Maybe Rex Ryan decided he better start doing something right if he wants to keep his job?

14. Carolina (7-9) – Sheldon Richardson, DT, Missouri
Carolina desperately needs help at DT, Richardson is a dynamic and incredibly talented player, it’s a match made in heaven.

15. New Orleans (7-9) – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
The Saints are making the move to a 3-4. They don’t exactly have the talent on their roster to support that move fully. They need a player who can put constant pressure on the opposing QB. Jones had some medical red flags but the Saints will take the risk to get the once thought to be best overall player in this draft. Jones has the ability to put pressure on the QB every down and drop back into coverage.

16. St. Louis (7-8-1) – Kenny Vaccaro, FS, Texas
St. Louis has a few needs and could go in a few directions with this pick. Safety is one of their largest needs so they address it immediately with the best safety from this class in Vaccaro.

17. Pittsburgh (8-8) – Bjoern Werner, DE/OLB, Florida State
Pittsburgh has a few needs they need to address and their aging defense is one of them. I’d love to see them take Jonathan Cyprien to be Troy’s successor but they won’t. They don’t take secondary needs early in the draft. So, they go with the top pass rushing option in Werner (which still isn’t a bad choice, just not what I’d like to see) and add a new, young, talented name to fall in line with the long list of names that have been a part of the Steelers’ historic defense.

18. Dallas (8-8) – Datone Jones, DE/DT, UCLA
Dallas is changing to a 4-3, Datone Jones can play a DE or a DT in the 4-3, I mean how can you not want him on your team? They need both positions, this allows them to see what falls to them later and select a better DT or DE in the later rounds rather than being forced to take one of the other.

19. New York Giants (9-7) – D.J. Fluker, OT/G, Alabama
The Giants realize they have offensive line issues here. There are a few defensive pieces they could take here but Eli is their franchise and they need to protect him. He has the weapons, he needs the protection, Fluker can step in from day one and play RT or either guard position.

20. Chicago (10-6) – Arthur Brown, LB, Kansas State
Chicago needs help on the offensive line and at the linebacker position, even with their acquisitions through free agency; they need to address those positions early in the draft. Arthur brown is a great pick for the Bears because he can play inside our outside linebacker in the 4-3 very successfully.

21. Cincinnati (10-6) – Alec Ogletree, LB, Georgia
They resign Maualuga even though he was awful last season. Burfict was fantastic but they need that third guy. Ogletree is a lot like Burfict in the sense that they both can play inside our out in the Bengals system. So, this will allow them to move Rey back outside and then mix and match Burfict and Ogletree as they see fit and give their defense a new dynamic.

22. St. Louis - from Washington (10-6) – Keenan Allen, WR, California
They took care of a major need on defense with their first pick now the Rams address another glaring issue. Sam Bradford, even when they had Amendola, has no weapons! He has no one to throw the ball to. Keenan Allen was once regarded as the top receiver in this draft (and still can make a case for that title). This pick is going to make Bradford a very happy man.

23. Minnesota (10-6) – Sylvester Williams, DT, North Carolina
The Vikings need someone better next to Kevin Williams, Sylvester Williams is one of the top talents on the board, it’s a good pick that makes sense.

24. Indianapolis (11-5) – Xavier Rhodes, CB, Florida State
This pick could be a couple of things. It will either be a RT, pass rusher, corner or NT. It will all depend on who is available. The top of those needs is a tackle to protect Luck but next in line is a corner. Indy’s corner play was less than good last year so they jump at the chance to select Rhodes with this pick

25. Minnesota - from Seattle (11-5) – DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson
They signed Greg Jennings but they still need receiver help. Hopkins is a very solid talent and the fact that he won’t have to be the #1 yet will only help him become an even better player because he’ll have time to learn.

26. Green Bay (11-5) – Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina
Green Bay is absolutely cumming in their pants because Cooper has fallen. That’s no bad mark on Cooper, there’s just not a lot of demand for interior offensive linemen. Saturday retired, they need a center, Cooper is an elite talent, this is a great matchup.

27. Houston (12-4) – Tank Carradine, DE/OLB, Florida State
Houston could do in a number of directions here but I have them adding another dynamic pass rusher to go along side Watt and give them an incredibly powerful pass rushing unit.

28. Denver (13-3) – Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
This is just another smart selection, taking a good talent to fill a position of need. Not much to say here.

29. Philadelphia – from New England (12-4) *5 – E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State
TRADE: Remember I said the Eagles are showing more interest in Manuel than Geno? Well here you go. There’s always a few teams who jump back into the end of the first round and the Patriots are a typical trade partner for those teams. Chip Kelly pushed for Manuel hard at Oregon and he’s going to do the same here in the NFL. It’s a good fit; Manuel can run Kelly’s system very well. Vick isn’t the answer, Dixon is a backup of course, bring in EJ and move forward.

30. Atlanta (13-3) – Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Atlanta needs quite a few pieces on defense. Trufant is an incredible talent and is going to immediately bolster the Falcons’ pass defense. He has good instincts so when the Falcons run into the read option again, they won’t be toyed with like they’re a bunch of pop warner kids playing in the NFL. Trufant is a guy who can read and react very quickly and realize he can leave his coverage assignment to go knock the shit out of the QB. :)

31. San Francisco (11-4-1) – Jonathan Cyprien, SS, Florida International
The Niners have been linked to Cyprien on a few occasions. Although they have a number of draft picks, I believe, with the fear the Ravens may want to snatch up Cyprien, they’ll go ahead and make this selection before addressing other needs.

32. Baltimore (10-6) – Menelik Watson, OT, Florida State
Ravens have said they want to attend to needs on the offensive line a few times. Although they have some more pressing needs on defense, they’ve made some solid FA moves to stop the bleeding and they can afford to make this selection now. Watson is an incredible talent who can immediately step in and play RT as good as anyone and if the Ravens are feeling ballsy, he could start at LT from day one and learn on the job.

Post too long, round 2 and 3 in the next post.
Apr 2 2013 10:14pm
Round 2
1. Jacksonville (2-14) – Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Jacksonville needs corner help, Banks is a corner back, do you need more explanation here? Haha. While I am not all that high on Banks anymore (believing a handful of corners that will come after this pick are better) many teams still like Banks a lot so Jacksonville snatches him up here.

2. San Francisco - from Kansas City (2-14) – Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
But the 49ers have Vernon Davis right? Yep….. lol. Harbaugh loves to use the multi tight end sets, they lost Walker, they have very few true needs, why not bolster their pass attack and give Kapernick all the weapons you possibly can? Also, VD is starting to get up there in age so not only can Eifert jump in and contribute from day 1, but he can be VD’s successor eventually.

3. New England – from Philadelphia (4-12) *5 – Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
TRADE: Discussed above at Philadelphia’s pick in round 1, pick 29. New England is building a young, talented and dynamic defense and here they add another great piece. Hunt can play on the edge or inside very effectively and New England needs another DE and DT to pair up with Chandler Jones and Vince Wilfork. The pick of Hunt will allow them to take either a DT or DE later one, if they so choose, depending on what position has a better talent available. The nice thing is, if they choose to run a 3-4 at any time (situational use or making the actual change of their base defense), Hunt is the absolute ideal 3-4 DE so this one pick gives them a lot of new options.

4. Detroit (4-12) – Kyle Long, OT, Oregon
Detroit missed out on Joeckel and Fisher in round 1 and moved back to give Stafford another true receiving threat so here they address the OL and give Stafford some more protection. Long has the NFL in his blood and can play RT (maybe LT but doubtful) or either guard position so he brings some nice versatility to the table as well.

5. Cincinnati - from Oakland (4-12) – Johnathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
The Bengals are in desperate need of a running back and Johnathan Franklin is their man. A lot of buzz has been flying around about Franklin lately and I would not be surprised one bit of teams view him as the top back in this class. It’s not that Bernard or Lacy have performed poorly, it’s just that Franklin has been that much better on his own he not only caught them in the rankings, but has surpassed them as well.

6. Arizona (5-11) – Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
With the likely addition of Palmer coming soon and no offensive tackle worth this pick, the Cardinals continue to address and bolster an already talented defense. With the selection of Minter here and Jordan in round 1, the Cardinals 4 starting LBs will be: Sam Acho, Daryl Washington, Kevin Minter, Dion Jordan….that’s a pretty damn good set of linebackers. This pick could also very easily be a corner or safety but the value of Minter far out weights any corner or safety at this pick.

4/2 Update: Yep, Carson is official now so don’t look for the Cardinals to make any move on a QB in this draft unless someone just absolutely WOWs Arians.

7. Cleveland (5-11) – 2012 Josh Gordon
Cleveland selected Josh Gordon with a supplemental pick in 2012.

8. New York Jets (6-10) – Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State
Mark Sanchez, Greg McElroy, David Garrard, is there really anymore to say?

9. Tennessee (6-10) – Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
Tennessee made a wise choice in the first round taking Warmack rather than reaching for a corner. No matter how badly they want one, Warmack is a better choice than any available corner at their pick. Now they still are able to land a very nice talent at corner. Slay has leaped over Banks as the 4th best corner in this draft imo so the Titans are getting a very nice pick here in the second round.

10. Buffalo (6-10) – Justin Hunter, WR, Tennessee
They got Geno, they need to give him another weapon. This pick will either be Hunter or Zach Ertz, I’m having a difficult time deciding. Hunter is receiving a lot and I mean A LOT of first round buzz lately so if he’s at this pick, the Bills would be foolish to pass on him.

11. Miami (7-9) – Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
They moved up to replace Long and now they address a need on the other side of the ball. Moore has fallen quite a bit. The once upon a time top 5 selection will be extremely lucky to crack the first round now. That’s not to say he isn’t talented, he just isn’t what people thought he was. The Dolphins need someone who can put constant pressure on the QB other than Cameron Wake and Moore can be that guy. This is the perfect situation for Moore. He doesn’t have to be “the guy” right away so this allows him to learn on the job while learning from one of the best in the league without all of the weight on his shoulders.

12. New York Jets – from Tampa Bay (7-9) *3 – Matt Elam, SS, Florida
TRADE: Discussed at the Jets selection in round 1, pick 13. The Jets put themselves in a nice position with the trade of Revis and the trade to move up to grab Dee to replace Revis. Now they address the rest of the secondary. They need two safeties and Elam is the best one on the board. So far the Jets addressed 3 needs on defense (CB – Dee, Pass rush – Mingo, Safety – Elam) and snagged themselves a hopeful QB for the future. Not bad for only being into the second round.

13. Carolina (7-9) – Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State
Corner and DT are Carolina’s top needs. They took care of the DT in round one so they go after a corner here. Taylor may not be quite as known as some of the other corners in this draft but do not sleep on him. Taylor is my 5th ranked corner in this draft (Trufant = Dee > Rhodes > Slay > Taylor > Alford > Banks) and he is rising up team’s draft boards as well. This is a very nice selection for the Panthers and they should be quite happy with the way their draft is going.

14. New Orleans (7-9) – Bountygate
Pay me my money!

15. San Diego (7-9) – Justin Pugh, G/OT, Syracuse
Did I mention that San Diego’s OL is garbage? Lol. Pugh is a nice pick up because he can play either guard position or RT. With the selection of Lane Johnson in the first, they could have both of their tackle positions solidified for years to come.

16. St. Louis (7-8-1) – Terron Armstead, OT, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
The reason Sam Bradford has yet to reach his potential is that he has had no weapons and no protection. The Rams were able to get Jake Long and although he isn’t the LT he once was, he’s still better than anything the Rams had. Now they take care of the right side of the line with Armstead. This selection allows them to move Saffold to guard (where he’ll be better suited to dominate guys) and take a fairly crappy OL and make it a very solid one.

17. Dallas (8-8) – Manti Te’o, LB, Notre Dame
Isn’t this just the most absolute perfect thing you can see the Cowboys doing? Te’o and all the hype and drama he will bring just screams Cowboys sooooooo much. With that said, the Cowboys need personal to support their 4-3 defense now. Te’o can play inside or outside linebacker for the Boys depending on the other personal they have/acquire which will be nice for Kiffin. What people are forgetting amongst the poor National Title game performance, the girlfriend scandal and the poor combine numbers is that Te’o is an incredible football player. He had an incredible season, is an incredible talent and a true leader. The only time Te’o really had a poor performance, as I said, was in the title game so no one should worry, it’s not like the Cowboys will be playing for a title anytime soon. ;) lol sorry Cowboy fans, couldn’t help myself. <3

18. Pittsburgh (8-8) – Terrance Williams, WR, Baylor
Mike Wallace was an overrated bum, Miami can have him lol. Williams will be a great compliment to the receiver the Steelers already have on roster. He can run a lot of the same routes as Wallace did (straight and fast) with 2 differences. He’s not as fast as Wallace but, he can actually catch the ball. Ben is going to shit himself when his new receiver actually catches the ball consistently.

19. New York Giants (9-7) – Alex Okafor, DE/OLB, Texas
Took care of the OLine, time to work on the DLine. The Giants are foaming at the mouth over this pick. Okafor has the talent of a first round pick, he falls simply because pass rushers this year are just sooooo deep. It’s really just that simple of a pick. Great talent, fills a need, easy pick for the Giants.

20. Chicago (10-6) – Larry Warford, G, Kentucky
Chicago overpaid for the overrated Bushrod but they still have needs on the interior of their offensive line. Warford can fill those needs, help keep Cutler upright and open lanes for their runners.

21. Washington (10-6) – David Amerson, S/CB, N.C. State
Everyone, and I freaking mean everyone is saying New England or Baltimore only for Amerson. Did everyone else forget there are 30 other teams in the NFL? Amerson was once thought to be the top corner in this draft. He had a down year but that’s not saying the talent isn’t there. The Redskins need secondary help badly and Amerson can provide that. Whether they use him as a safety or a corner, he can be a key contributor on a young, talented and very dangerous team.

22. Minnesota (10-6) – Blidi Wreh-Wilson, CB, Connecticut
Wreh-Wilson is finally getting some of the recognition he deserves. He has some very nice talent, the Vikings need some help at corner, this pick could be a free safety to pair up with Harrison Smith but the talent at FS right here will be right about the same in the next couple of rounds so take the better talent, still fill a need in the secondary and that’s exactly what the Vikings do.

23. Cincinnati (10-6) – Eric Reid, SS, LSU
Reid is a great talent and fell some not due to his weaknesses but mainly due to other safeties just out shining him and teams needing to address other areas before safety. With that said, the Bengals are extremely happy with this pick. They need safety help at both spots so when they see Reid still on the board at this pick, they take all of about 3 seconds to send in that card.

24. Miami - from Indianapolis (11-5) – Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama
Bush is gone, hard to trust Miller and Thomas as your featured backs so the Dolphins solidify the position with Eddie Lacy. Lacy looks like a 3 down back in the NFL but the Dolphins will have the luxury of Miller and Thomas still so they can utilize all 3 backs any way they see fit and have a dynamic rushing attack.

25. Green Bay (11-5) – Jamie Collins, DE/OLB, Southern Miss
Need for pass rush, top pass rusher on the board, anything else?

26. Seattle (11-5) – Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Kawann Short is a first round talent. He falls because the DL prospects in this draft are just sooooo talented and there are so many of them. Seattle is OK with that. They get a top notch prospect at the largest area of need and continue to build an already dominate defensive unit.

27. Houston (12-4) – Matt Barkley, QB, USC
OK, I hate to do this but I have to preface this pick by saying that I can totally see the Texans making this selection but then at the same time, I can completely see every reason as to why they won’t. With that said, I say they go for it. Schaub is getting older and many believe he can’t get the job done anyway. Barkley wasn’t all that impressive but he wasn’t too terrible either at his Pro Day. He has some nice qualities to his game and could develop into quite the QB for the Texans if he sits behind Schaub for a few seasons.

28. Denver (13-3) – Phillip Thomas, FS, Fresno State
Denver continues to address their defense. Flacco and the Ravens torched the Broncos’ secondary so they need to address nearly every spot in that secondary. They helped out their corners by signing DRC but they still need safety help. Phillip Thomas is very underrated imo and he could turn into an absolute steal for the Broncos here in the second round. Peyton is still playing great but he’s only got a few years left in the tank. Have to address these issues now while the window is open.

29. New England (12-4) – Robert Woods, WR, USC
The Patriots signed Amendola to replace Welker but they still don’t have a #1 option. Robert Woods is that guy. Woods should be ranked much higher than he is but due to poor play his senior season (due in large part to injury/subpar play from his QB and offensive line) he will absolutely thrive having a QB like Brady. The Jets, Bills and Dolphins should be shitting their pants with this pairing; luckily for the Jets at least, they were able to replace Revis.

30. Atlanta (13-3) – Corey Lemonier, DE/OLB, Auburn
It was blatantly obvious that the Falcons needed help getting to the quarterback. They signed Osi but he’s not the guy he once was. Lemonier is a dynamic pass rusher with tons of potential. He will benefit a lot in this situation since he won’t be relied on entirely to do everything. He can learn on the job and develop into an elite talent in just a few seasons imo.

31. San Francisco (11-4-1) – William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
The Niners find their eventual replacement for Justin Smith. When Smith was out, their defense took a major turn for the worse. They passed on Hunt earlier in the round so now they get Gholston. Gholston is not the elite talent Hunt is but he is not to be overlooked. He can help as a rotational guy now, learn behind one of the greatest to ever play the position in Smith and eventually take over the duties of Smith with few struggles.

32. Baltimore (10-6) – J.J. Wilcox, SS, Georgia Southern
The Ravens helped themselves by signing Huff but they still need another safety. Wilcox is an absolute great fit. He’s my #3 overall safety in this draft, he has everything you want in a safety. I know teams will not view him as highly as I do so this is about the right spot for him realistically. I’m a little upset, I wanted him to fall to the Cardinals haha.

Post is too long, round 3 in next post.
Apr 2 2013 10:14pm
Round 3
1. Kansas City (2-14) – Kiko Alonso, ILB, Oregon
Unfortunately, the Chiefs are in need of an ILB following the Jovan Belcher tragedy. Alonso is being overlooked by a lot of teams. Well, maybe not so much overlooked, but definitely undervalued. He has some incredible physical tools and the Chiefs were able to get a very good look at him at Oregon’s pro day.

2. Jacksonville (2-14) – Matt Scott, QB, Arizona
Gabba Gabba has had it pretty tough since he entered the league (there you go Hako) but he is not the answer for the Jaguars. Matt Scott has been generating a lot of buzz and the Jags seem to be the most interested. He could be the next big thing in the read option or he could be a bust, it’s really hard to tell right now but worst case scenario, the Jags can try Gabbert, if he does well then great, if he plays poorly, give Scott a shot. If Scott fails, they can always go back to Gabbert and give him yet another go.

3. Detroit (4-12) – Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
With the departure of Avril and KVB being cut, the Lions need help at DE. Sam Montgomery has first round talent but a 5th round attitude. The Lions will be willing to take the risk and get themselves a great talent a little later than expected.

4. Oakland (4-12) – Zach Ertz, TE, Stanford
Oakland just needs talent. They just need talent at so many positions. I would never expect this pick but I can understand it completely. They just got Flynn, he has literally no one to throw the ball too. Give him a talented, young tight end to be pretty much his #1 target and safety net. Although there are much more pressing needs for the Raiders, this is actually quite a good selection in the grand scheme of things. They won’t be contenders next year so they may as well do whatever they can to keep Flynn happy for now.

5. Philadelphia (4-12) – David Bakhtiari, OT/G, Colorado
Philly’s OLine is not as horrible as people think it is. It isn’t in great shape, but they can sit on the position for a few rounds. Hopefully Peters can come back and play LT at the same level he used to. If that’s the case, Bakhtiari will be a great fit in Philly. He can be an incredible RT in this league and if the Eagles have another option that they like there, they can plug Bakhtiari in at either guard position.

6. Cleveland (5-11) – Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse
McCoy is gone and in this scenario, the Browns aren’t able to work out a trade for Mallett (yet) so they go with the backup plan in Nassib. Not a whole lot to say here. This year’s QBs suck, top to bottom, but the Browns will need something extra whether it be Mallett, a rookie or some vet they have interest in, they need another option other than Weeden for at the very least a backup.

7. Arizona (5-11) – Dallas Thomas, G/OT, Tennessee
Now, the Cardinals have waited to make this pick for a little bit now but we all knew it was inevitable. Bruce Arians says that his offensive line is just fine. Well, he may have confidence in the group but insurance is always nice. Dallas Thomas can play RT and both guard positions very successfully and that will be nice for the Cardinals. There is talk that they will move Levi Brown to guard which likely leaves Snyder without a spot in the starting rotation. Their starting OL would look like this. Potter, Brown, Sendlein, Colledge, Thomas/Massie. That’s a definite upgrade over last year and creates some real depth.

8. Tennessee (6-10) – Cornelius Washington, DE/OLB, Georgia
One of those no brainer picks. Tennessee addressed their two largest needs already, they need help rushing the passer, Washington has nice value at this pick, like I said, no brainer.

9. Buffalo (6-10) – Travis Frederick, G/C, Wisconsin
Buffalo lost Levitre in free agency to the Titans so they take care of that problem here with Frederick. He can play guard or center (which is the case with most guards and centers) and will help keep Buffalo’s investment in the first round (Geno Smith) upright.

10. New York Jets (6-10) – Giovani Bernard, RB, North Carolina
The Jets starting running back position could go to anyone at this point. Bernard suffers a pretty far fall due to other backs rising and the Jets jump on him. Bernard will be the best runner on the Jets and help to take a lot of the pressure off whoever their starting QB is.

11. Tampa Bay (7-9) – Bennie Logan, DT, LSU
Tampa no longer has a need for a corner (Revis with their young corners should do the job) so they address their second largest need which comes in the middle of their line. Don’t be surprised if this pick, in this scenario is Jordan Reed or one of the other TE’s that are next in line. Tampa really wants a TE threat so they may ignore a talent like Logan falling and grab that TE they want.

12. San Francisco - from Carolina (7-9) – Johnathan Hankins, NT, Ohio State
Again, the Niners have very few actual needs. They do have a lot of need for depth though so they get it here.

13. New Orleans (7-9) – Robert Alford, CB, Southeaster Louisiana
New Orleans needs quite a bit of help on the defensive side of the ball. They’re switching schemes but Alford is an incredible corner and should help their horrible secondary.

14. San Diego (7-9) – Christine Michael, RB, Texas A&M
Recent X-Rays show that Ryan Mathews is in fact made of glass. I mean come the fuck on, who breaks their collarbone twice in a season?

15. Jacksonville – from Miami (7-9) *1 – Brennan Williams, OT, North Carolina
TRADE: This trade is discussed above at Miami’s pick, round 1, pick 2. Jacksonville has a need, Williams fills that need, this is the proper area for him to be selected, easy peasy.

16. St. Louis (7-8-1) – Jordan Reed, TE, Florida
Hey, the Rams are finally realizing that Bradford needs weapons. Reed is a big, physical guy who will go up and get the ball and be a headache for opposing defenses.

17. Pittsburgh (8-8) – Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers
Khaseem Greene should go much earlier than this but because of the uncertainty as to what position he needs to play (LB or Safety) in the NFL, I think teams will pass on him. The Steelers, being an intelligent organization, will not. They draft him to play LB for them but worst case, he moves back to SS and will be Troy’s successor.

18. Dallas (8-8) – D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina
Dallas needs to make some changes in their secondary. They need to replace both safeties and Swearinger is the top safety on the board. Smart selection to fill a glaring need.

19. New York Giants (9-7) – Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
Webster went to shit, they signed Aaron Ross but that isn’t enough. Poyer is a very talented corner and can start in this league and cover #1 receivers. Worst case scenario, the Giants solidify at least one of their 2 starting corner spots with this pick.

20. Miami - from Chicago (10-6) – D.J. Hayden, CB, Houston
Miami made some moves in free agency that were nice, massive overpays, but nice moves. They still need corner help. Hayden is fairly unknown but look for him to climb up draft boards as the draft creeps closer.

21. Minnesota (10-6) – T.J. McDonald, FS, USC
Although McDonald is a bit of a risky pick, his potential far outweighs that risk. This gives the Vikings a very dynamic duo at safety (pairing McDonald with Harrison Smith) and what could quite possibly emerge as one of, if not the top safety duos in the NFL in a few seasons.

22. Cincinnati (10-6) – Quinton Patton, WR, Loisiana Tech
Sanu has some talent but he wasn’t exactly what the Bengals had hoped for last year. They need some better depth anyway so grabbing a guy like Patton at this point in the draft is a good move. Either Patton or Sanu will emerge as a clear cut #2 for the Bengals while the other will be the 3rd guy on the depth chart. Not a bad trio with AJ Green for Dalton to throw to.

23. Washington (10-6) – Marc Anthony, CB, California
They resigned Hall and drafted Amerson but they still need secondary help. That should be a glaring sign of how bad this secondary is. They can move Hall or Amerson to safety and have the other, along with Anthony, be their starting 2 corners. These 2 draft picks take Washington’s crappy secondary and quickly turn it around into a very respectable one.

24. Indianapolis (11-5) – Barrett Jones, G/C/OT, Alabama
It’s simple. Protect Andrew Luck. Do not allow anything other than the bottom of his cleats touch the grass! Jones can play anywhere on the line other than LT in the NFL. His versatility will allow the Colts to mix and match the other pieces they have on their OL and plug in Jones at the weakest spot for an immediate upgrade.

25. Seattle (11-5) – Vance McDonald, TE, Rice
They want a TE, passed on Ertz because Short was too good to pass on, so they get a solid option for Wilson now. Zach Miller seems to still have a lot in the tank, but the Seahawks have been open about their want for a young TE so here it is.

26. Green Bay (11-5) – Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas
Green Bay needs a true option at running back. Knile Davis proved he’s a physical freak at the combine and although that doesn’t automatically make him the best running back, going to a team like the Packers is an absolute perfect fit. The Packers are obviously a pass first attack, Davis won’t be relied on to carry the offense, that’s PERFECT for both sides. There really isn’t anything else to say here except the Green Bay Packers offense has a run game. /scared

27. Houston (12-4) – Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina
ILB is up in the air for the Texans at the moment. Reddick isn’t being looked over for a poor combine performance. Ignore it, look at the second half of last year, he was very very solid for the Tarheels. Throw him on an already solid defensive unit like the Texans that has some great leaders, Reddick will thrive and could turn out to be the steal of this draft.

28. Denver (13-3) – Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
Moreno is not to be trusted. McGahee remembers his pet T-Rex, they need a reliable, durable running back. Montee Ball should, I repeat, Montee Ball SHOULD be the very first running back selected in this draft. He won’t be but he should. That being said, Denver gets an absolute steal here. They’re going to provide Peyton with an incredible running attack now and just make that offense even more scary than it already is with the addition of Welker.

29. New England (12-4) – Tyler Bray, QB, Tennessee
Now I said earlier that the Patriots and the Browns did not work out a deal for Mallett before the draft. That doesn’t mean they won’t or someone else won’t come knocking for Mallett. New England will need a new backup to Tom Brady and in this scenario, who better than Bray? Bray has all the physical and mental tools to be a very good QB in this draft, but he’s immature and needs a leader. Can you think of a better mentor and leader to a young QB than Brady? Neither can I.

30. Atlanta (13-3) – Jon Bostic, ILB, Florida
They took care of their needs at corner and DE, now they work on the LB corps. They need a weakside and inside linebacker. Bostic has very high value at this point in the draft and can start from day 1. It’s a no brainer pick here.

31. San Francisco (11-4-1) – Da'Rick Rogers, WR, Tennessee Tech
Even with the addition of Boldin, the Niners still need, at the very least, some depth at the receiver position. They have the luxury to take a guy like Rogers, who has some character issues, and if things were to go south, they could simply boot his ass to the curb and move on, not needing him as a major part of their offense. The Niners also have some INCREDIBLE leaders in their locker room and Harbaugh won’t be taking shit from a mouthy player so this team can whip Rogers into shape and have yet another incredible weapon for their offense.

32. Baltimore (10-6) – Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M
Have to find a replacement for Boldin. Swope is the man for that job. He’s an excellent complement to the skills that Torrey Smith brings to that offense and gives Flacco a nice new shiny toy to play with (as if that contract wasn’t big enough for him to buy all the toys he wants).

33. Houston (compensatory) – John Jenkins, NT, Georgia
Holy shit is all I can say. Houston comes in with the mother fucking STEAL of the draft here. Jenkins was a first round talent; he fell to the second but should fall no more than the mid second. How he makes it to the end of the third round is beyond me. Houston will not complain one bit though. They need a NT, Cody is still a FA (if my memory serves me right) and if they resign Cody eventually, Jenkins could honestly start over him anyway so there’s no bad reasoning for this pick. Excellent pick for Houston.

34. Kansas City (compensatory) – Stedman Bailey, WR, West Virginia
Bowe is so overrated it’s beyond the point of being a funny joke anymore. The guy is not a good receiver. The Chiefs had other more pressing needs to address before receiver but they finally are able to grab Bailey here. He has good speed, he’s a bit small but nothing too worrisome and if the Chiefs are going to make Bowe their #1, Bailey is an excellent complement to Bowe’s “talents”.

35. Tennessee (compensatory) – Bacarri Rambo, FS, Georgia
Tennessee made some good moves in FA with Wilson and Pollard but they could still use another safety just to be safe (lol). Rambo can play strong or free safety and he’ll be a nice guy to have on the depth chart just in case, primarily in case Pollard falls short.

Post-Combine Mocks:
v1.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66687321&f=204
v2.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66745424&f=204
v3.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66809288&f=204
v4.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66902412&f=204

Team Needs:
http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66891920&f=204

Pre-Combine Mocks:
v1.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65243377&f=204
v2.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65360987&f=204
v2.1 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65435021&f=204
v3.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65466957&f=204
v4.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65564883&f=204
v5.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65657494&f=204
v6.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65761210&f=204
v7.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65854525&f=204
v8.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=65940667&f=204
v9.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66026530&f=204
v10.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66102420&f=204
v11.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66185513&f=204
v12.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66261608&f=204
v13.0 - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66380771&f=204

Other Mocks:
Random Draft Order - http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66639583&f=204

Pre-Combine Player Rankings:
QB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66429688&f=204
RB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66443964&f=204
FB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66535281&f=204
WR: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66510186&f=204
TE: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66483178&f=204
OT: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66562032&f=204
G: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66548483&f=204
C: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66519688&f=204

DT/NT: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66457812&f=204
3-4 DE: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66495698&f=204
4-3 DE: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66495692&f=204
3-4 OLB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66495708&f=204
4-3 OLB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66495722&f=204
ILB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66571976&f=204
CB: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66470785&f=204
S: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66586683&f=204
K/P: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=66595308&f=204
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 2 2013 10:15pm
I was strongly considering interrupting your posts, but used discretion.
Apr 2 2013 10:16pm
Quote (Terps @ Apr 2 2013 09:15pm)
I was strongly considering interrupting your posts, but used discretion.

Was honestly surprised no one did haha.
Warn: 10%
Apr 3 2013 12:25am
Why wouldn't Cleveland just take Milliner? Seems like it'd be a good fit, since they just let Sheldon Brown go, and Milliner combined with Haden seems like a good strong combo.

I have this funny feeling someone is going to snipe Lane Johnson ahead of the Chargers lol.

Seems like every mock I see has the Vikings continuing the Williams wall in one way or another lol.

I like the Menelik Watson pick for the Ravens, I would be excited if that happened, but I bet he gets taken earlier. No ILBs taken... gonna have to draft at least one capable of starting week 1, even if they sign a FA. Maybe they'll grab that kid out of Oregon, or move up in the second. Also like the Swope pick, his speed would be such a change of pace in the slot from Boldin, just hope his dropped passes aren't too much of a change of pace either lol. -However, with the WR need, I think Ravens will pick up David Nelson or a piece of shit like Kevin Walter and feel satisfied with the #2 spot next season.

This post was edited by Terps on Apr 3 2013 12:32am
Apr 3 2013 12:57am
Like the picks fill need and have great value I do however see Atlanta movin up in the second or third. As of right now 4 roster spots are open and we have 11 picks lol. Btw... Atlanta has interviewed every player you named ;) nicely done.
Gold: 41,504.11
Apr 3 2013 01:00am
every mock draft you make, makes me want the NFL draft to happen even more
Apr 3 2013 12:43pm
60 views, 7 replies.....

You guys suck.
Gold: 14,000.00
Apr 3 2013 02:43pm
Waste of a high 3rd round pick on QB imo. Matt Scott isn't even that good and played one year? What was the biggest knock on Gabbert, that he was scared to take a hit. I've read multiple reports that Scott is the same way. Do we really want to go through all that crap again? You also can't start Gabbert, then if he struggles put in Scott and if Scott struggles, you put Gabbert back in. You can't play musical chairs with QBs like that.

Caldwell is trying to trade the #2 pick, so I could see a Miami trade happening. Apparently we aren't in love with any of the top prospects and would like to add a couple extra picks in a trade down. However, I read that Caldwell has it narrowed down to about 6 prospects, that he would consider taking at #2 if we can't trade back.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll