d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Random Order Mock Draft > For Funsies
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Feb 27 2013 09:49pm
I randomized all 32 NFL teams and did a mock based off of that order just for fun. It was actually pretty challenging to be honest.

Hope you guys enjoy. :)

1) Chicago – Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
Well, Chicago’s offensive line was horrible and they can instantly upgrade it here with this year’s safest pick. Franchise left tackles of this talent level don’t come around very often so this is tremendous for the Bears’ organization.

2) Pittsburgh – Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
The Steelers’ defense is getting up there in age and adding a top talented pass rusher like Ansah will instantly give them youth and new life. They were in the middle of the pack last year in sacks so they opt for the pass rusher rather than the DT.

3) Philadelphia – Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
As I said in Chicago’s eval, franchise left tackles of this talent level do not just come around every year. There are two, possibly three or four this year which is ridiculous. Fisher is every bit as talented as Joeckel and the Eagles will need to provide Vick MUCH more protection if they really are going to continue on with him.

4) Denver – DeMarcus Milliner, CB, Alabama
Well, we finally saw that Champ’s age has caught up to him. It’s unfortunate but inevitable so the Broncos are going to be salivating at the chance to get Milliner. Not only are they getting a top talented corner, they’re going to provide him an A class mentor for at least a year in Champ.

5) Miami – Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Poor Miami. Only 4 picks in front of them and the top 3 players they need are gone. They’re going to need a new LT and they could really use some help at corner. But, no player falls in that value range here for them so they take the top talented DT which still fills a need, but not as big of a need as an LT or corner would have filled.

6) Cleveland – Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
Poor Miami I said? Shit, poor Cleveland. Even in a random order they get the 6th pick haha. But, at least they fill their biggest need here. Jordan is a freak of nature and can play DE or OLB with ease imo. Cleveland fans are going to be salivating over this pick for years. Some will be jerking over this pick for minutes on end!.......lol. :D

7) Buffalo – Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Well, I kind of hate giving Buffalo a QB here but they’ve been saying over and over again they want one so here it is. The “top” QB in this class falls to them at 7 or 8 (8 is their actual draft spot) and they grab him up. They’ll have a QB battle for sure this offseason.

8) St. Louis – Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
St. Louis needs to bolster their offensive line to protect Bradford better and let him finally live up to his potential. Warmack is the best guard prospect to come into the NFL in the past 10 years or possibly ever (said the same thing about DeCastro last year so that’s saying something).

9) Houston – Cordarelle Patterson, WR, Tennessee
Houston finally….FINALLY gets another wide receiver. Patterson is the perfect complement to Andre Johnson as a deep threat that can learn from Johnson and develop his game while not having to be the guy just yet. When Johnson retires, Patterson can step in and fill the void with ease.

10) Cincinnati – Jonathan Cyprien, S, Florida International
OK, I really hate Cinci here because idk who to give them. There’s better talent available but not really at any major position of need. I give them the top safety here purely out of desperation for a pick lol (could plug in Vaccaro too if you wanted).

11) Kansas City – Jonathan Cooper, G/C, North Carolina
OK, this whole random order thing is kind of a bitch. It’s really fucking with my head because teams are way out of place and it’s forcing me to draft players out of my comfort range to plug them in lol. Cooper is very talented and versatile being able to play all 3 positions on the interior of the line. KC needs guard help and depth at center so this is a nice piece for them.

12) Washington – Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Washington doesn’t have a first rounder this year so this is fun for them to speculate on I guess lol. They need secondary help badly so they take the top corner overall in my opinion in Trufant. I almost put Rhodes here because they can plug him in at corner or safety but Trufant is too good to pass up in their situation.

13) Atlanta – Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
Werner has fallen some but Atlanta would jizz in their pants over the thought of having them on their team. He fills a major need and fits this range now so it’s a no brainer.

14) New Orleans – Sheldon Richardson, DE/DT, Missouri
Saints need help along the defensive line and Richardson can play whichever position they really need him to. No brainer selection here.

15) Indianapolis – Star Lotulelei, NT, Utah
Indy needs a difference maker on defense and their current NT’s contract is not only up, but he was playing in the wrong position anyway. It recently came out that Star has a heart issue so his stock has dropped off some. I think Indy will jump at the chance to take one of the top overall talents that fills a massive need for them.

16) Baltimore – Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU
Lewis is gone, grab the best overall ILB in this class and never second guess it. Sounds like a solid plan to me.

17) Carolina – Xavier Rhodes, CB/S, Florida State
Carolina needs corner and safety help. Rhodes can provide either. He’s versatile, fills either need and really shined at the combine, helping his stock a lot. It’s a nice fit.

18) Arizona – Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia
Arizona needs offensive line help, along with a QB as the top two priorities but they also need help rushing the passer. With that said, they take the once thought #1 overall pick happily. His health issues could be a concern but right now this is the range for him and he fills a need with better value than any OL or QB does.

19) Seattle – Tavon Austin, WR, West Virginia
Seattle needs to give Russel Wilson a true receiving threat whether that is at WR or TE, it needs to happen. Austin’s stock has been massively on the rise since the combine gaining comparisons to Wes Welker and Percy Harvin.

20) Dallas – Barkeveous Mingo, DE/OLB, LSU
Dallas has stated that they want to add someone across from Ware so here it is. Mingo has excellent value here and will do well not having to be “the guy” since they have Ware to do that.

21) Tennessee – Johnthan Banks, CB, Mississippi State
Tennessee has said a few times now that they want a top notch corner. Well, Banks had a horrible combine which has caused him to fall along with others having such incredible combines. Banks still has talent and should be able to turn himself around and do well at the NFL level.

22) Green Bay – Barret Jones, C/G/T, Alabama
Jones has versatility and talent. Green Bay needs a new center which is the best spot for Jones at the NFL level and even though there is some better talent available at other positions, taking Jones here isn’t a reach and fills their greatest need.

23) San Francisco – Kenny Vaccaro, S, Texas
With their safeties being free agents and didn’t exactly wow anyone last year, the Niners may be looking to spend an early pick on a young, talented safety. Vaccaro is their man in this scenario.

24) Minnesota – Keenan Allen, WR, California
They may trade Percy, they may just wait and lose him, they may keep him, in any of these scenarios, Minnesota still needs a number 1 receiver and Allen is considered the most all around sound receiver in this draft.

25) San Diego – Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
Johnson really helped his stock a lot at the combine and he really should have been taken already. The Chargers desperately need OL help so this is a match made in heaven.

26) New England – Damontre Moore, DE/OLB, Texas A&M
Moore’s stock has plummeted but if anyone can get the best out of him, Belichick can. They need another pass rusher to complement their young and talented core and there isn’t a receiver or corner available that has the value Moore does.

27) Detroit – Datone Jones, DE, UCLA
Detroit needs help at DE and Jones’ stock is on the rise. He really impressed and that pissed me off because I wanted him to fall so the Cards could snag him late. So much for that now lol.

28) Oakland – Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Oakland needs a lot of help at DT, Short is the top DT on the board, is there really much more that needs to be said?

29) Jacksonville – Margus Hunt, DE/DT, SMU
I was already super high on Hunt and after the combine, he’s solidified himself as a top notch talent. He’s big, strong, fast, versatile, intelligent and all around a solid player. Jacksonville can plug him in at DE or DT and anchor down that DL for years and years to come.

30) New York Giants – Alec Ogletree, ILB, Georgia
ILB isn’t the most pressing need for the Giants but it is a need none the less. Ogletree provides great value here, will fill in nicely at the ILB spot for the Giants, he’s a 3 down linebacker, what more can I say?

31) Tampa Bay – Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State
Slay climbed up draft boards after the combine. He’s not a first round talent but he’s on the cusp so it’s not a huge reach for the Buccs here.

32) New York Jets – D.J. Fluker, OT, Alabama
The Jets need a RT and Fluker can be that guy. He provides nice value at the end of the first round and fills a need so it’s a nice match.
Gold: 16.80
Feb 27 2013 10:02pm
This is kind of a tease
Gold: 1,255.00
Feb 27 2013 10:24pm
jets winning sb? rofl
Gold: 0.01
Feb 28 2013 12:07am
-.-

isthisreallife.jpg
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2013 12:29am
Quote (Wydz @ Feb 27 2013 11:24pm)
jets winning sb? rofl

Nah, they just traded with the champs; Ravens had to grab an ILB
Feb 28 2013 01:00am
cool I would say give Bucs a TE - Eifert since they are so far back instead of reach for a cb, can always grab one in the next round :).. Super bowl losers lol.
Warn: 10%
Feb 28 2013 01:03am
I cannot fap to this though... knowing Ravens probs wont get Mninter... or even draft in the 1st round knowing Ozzy lol
Feb 28 2013 05:13pm
Quote (Gangbang @ Feb 27 2013 09:02pm)
This is kind of a tease

Oh very much so if you're a team that got a good spot, but if you're the Jets, this is just stupid lol. :D

Quote (Wydz @ Feb 27 2013 09:24pm)
jets winning sb? rofl

Yeah, that was the first thing I noticed too haha. Didn't even really take into account the fact that it happened to work out that an NFC and AFC team were last and second to last. I just randomized once and went off of that.

Quote (Diggins @ Feb 27 2013 11:07pm)
-.-

isthisreallife.jpg

#1 overall doesn't mean you had the worst record, just means you got the first pick. Could have just traded for it lol. :)

Quote (sryan66611 @ Feb 28 2013 12:00am)
cool I would say give Bucs a TE - Eifert since they are so far back instead of reach for a cb, can always grab one in the next round :)..  Super bowl losers lol.

Thought about it but I really like Slay. He's an early second round pick that will probably break into the first round when all is said and done. He really shined and has shown some incredible talent.

Quote (Terps @ Feb 28 2013 12:03am)
I cannot fap to this though... knowing Ravens probs wont get Mninter... or even draft in the 1st round knowing Ozzy lol

Minter may very well be there for you guys. Minter, Ogletree or Te'o should be there no problem.
Gold: 77,153.84
Feb 28 2013 05:17pm
lost in the superbowl to the Jets.

Are you fucking shitting me?
Feb 28 2013 05:38pm
Quote (hokies @ Feb 28 2013 04:17pm)
lost in the superbowl to the Jets.

Are you fucking shitting me?

Don't feel bad. The at least you were there. The Jets being in the Superbowl means 30 other teams failed and then the Buccs failed in the end too lol. Everyone loses and feels like shit when the Jets win.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll