d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2013 Nfl Draft Quarterback Rankings
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Feb 11 2013 03:58pm
I'm going to rank and give a quick analysis of some of the top talents per position in this year's draft. I am going to make a new thread for each position and will keep old threads listed in each new thread.

Keep in mind, this is purely my opinions. I am not saying this will be the order, this will be how players turn out or anything along those lines, it's just simply my own personal thoughts.

If you'd like a specific position to be done next, feel free to post, I don't mind jumping around. If not, I'll go in order (QB, WR, RB, TE, OT, etc...)

Quarterbacks:

1) Landy Jones, QB, Oklahoma – Jones has a strong arm and is fairly accurate. He has the ability and power to make all the throws at the NFL level and he has real pocket presence. He has good size but if he steps outside the pocket, he’s pretty much fucked. He won’t be running for many first downs.

2) Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas – Wilson’s greatest strength is his decision making. He’s very clear and decisive and doesn’t hesitate. He also has a strong arm and is accurate enough to play in the NFL. Some time to develop and he can easily be one of the top names in the league. Wilson is also slightly more mobile than Landry Jones.

3) Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia – There’s a lot to like in Smith. He had a monstrous start to the season and kind of trickled off towards the end. He is very athletic, has a good arm and decent accuracy. His mobility is one of the best in this class but he needs to continue to develop his pocket passing, along with his decision making.

4) Mike Glennon, QB, N.C. State – Glennon’s numbers were down this past season but he played much better than they indicate. Poor play around him dropped Glennon’s numbers. He has a big arm and great pocket presence but his accuracy sucks. He must make MAJOR improvements in this area to be anything more than a career backup.

5) Ryan Nassib, QB, Syracuse – Nassib is an interesting prospect. He has one of the weaker arms in the draft but he’s accurate, has great field vision and is very good in decision making. He’ll be best suited going to a running team where all he has to do is manage the game well.

6) E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State – The big concerns about Manuel were his field vision and accuracy. He improved these things last season but still has a long way to go. He has a strong arm and is very mobile. Sent to the proper team with the proper guidance from players and coaches, Manuel could be the steal of this draft.

7) Matt Barkley, QB, USC – Barkley is the most intriguing QB prospect in this draft. His only real fault is he doesn’t have the strongest of arms. Barkley had an absolutely shitty year and obviously should have entered last year’s draft. It’s not all Barkely’s fault, there were plenty of mistakes made by the coaching staff and that led to a lot of Barkley’s short comings this year. If Barkley is available in the third round or so and a team with an already established QB takes a chance on him, they could really hit a diamond in the rough. He needs someone to learn behind for a little bit though. Dallas, New York Giants, New England, Denver, San Diego, Green Bay, Chicago, New Orleans and Houston could all be viable options imo (also, yes, I am very aware some of those teams already have young guys learning behind their starter, it’s just a hypothetical)

8) Zac Dysert, QB, Miami of Ohio – Dysert is kind of the meh prospect of the QB class. He doesn’t excel in any area in particular and he didn’t perform all that well against better talent in college. He didn’t have much of any help around him but he didn’t do much to make his teammates better. Dysert could excel in the right program with the right coaching, but he could flop just as easily.

9) Matt Scott, QB, Arizona – Scott is one of the better developmental projects in this draft. He has very nice dual threat abilities as a runner and a passer. He’s no RGIII of course, but like Dysert, in the right system with the right guidance, he could turn into something.
Gold: 107,018.00
Feb 11 2013 04:06pm
RB then TE pls Randy. =]
Gold: 0.27
Feb 11 2013 04:08pm
Quote (GoAGoA @ Feb 11 2013 03:06pm)
RB then TE pls Randy. =]

I'm going to do them all, was just saying if anyone had any in particular they'd like done sooner. I'll do RB next.

Planning on just doing one a day for the next few weeks.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 11 2013 04:14pm
Jones looked absolutely fucking turrrible at the senior bowl. Dunno why you have him first but cool to see your opinion so if AZ had to take a QB you would select Jones over all te others?
Gold: 2,450.00
Feb 11 2013 04:21pm
Mostly agreed, I put Tyler Wilson as #1 though because his quick decision making, as you said, will translate to great success (inb4 Borat) in the NFL.

I'll probably get some shit for this, but I see Wilson as very Rodgers-like.

On an off topic note, thanks Randy for doing this. (Providing something to talk about up until the draft)
#respekt

This post was edited by RiCCAY on Feb 11 2013 04:23pm
Feb 11 2013 04:34pm
Jones should not be #1.
Gold: 6,313.21
Feb 11 2013 04:41pm
DLine next imo.

Doing an overall ranking at the end?

This post was edited by Crashnburn_819 on Feb 11 2013 04:42pm
Gold: 752.10
Feb 11 2013 05:11pm
Way off base on Barkley and Jones, imo.
Feb 11 2013 05:16pm
DB after above requests please.
Gold: 77,153.84
Feb 11 2013 05:19pm
such a shitty QB class.

Landry Jones is easily the only good one in here.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll