d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2015 Mock Draft 8.0
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Nov 4 2014 08:04pm
I think this is the first time nf.com has actually been useful. Draft order from here: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000407751/article/updated-2015-nfl-draft-order-top-3-needs-for-all-32-teams

Trades

1) The Oakland Raiders trade the #1 overall pick to the Houston Texans for picks number 14 (round 1), 45 (round 2), 2015 round 5, 2016 first round and 2016 third round.
Reasoning: The Raiders will be trying to sell the #1 overall pick to the highest bidder. You have to assume that the Jets will be taking a QB at #2. They’ve benched Geno for Vick purely to try and satisfy the fan base for now. Rex is likely gone, the entire coaching staff and front office is likely gone so new coaching/front office usually means new QB. If you want Marcus or Jameis you have to trade with Oakland. Tampa Bay and Houston will be the two contenders for this trade. Tampa, unwilling to give up what Oakland wants to move 3 spots falls back and Houston comes in with an offer of 5 picks. The Texans are really just a QB away from being a legitimate threat to the Colts in that division. If Mallett does not show any signs of life once he’s given the starting job, then they will be selecting a QB early.

2) The Jacksonville Jaguars trade the #3 overall pick to the New York Giants for picks number 10 (round 1), 41 (round 2), 2015 round 6, 2016 second rounder.
Reasoning: In a very un-Giant like move, the Giants make a rather big trade. While they do have a few needs, their glaring issue is pass rush. They couldn’t get anything going against the Colts unless they brought 5 or 6 or more guys. This draft has a lot of top tier pass rushing prospects but with Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Tennessee, Washing (if Orakpo leaves) and Chicago all needing pass rushers as well, the Giants have to move to land a top one. Now if the Giants resign JPP and are able to lure Suh away from the Lions then this trade doesn’t make sense, but I’m only predicting trades right now, no FA shit haha. Now for the Jaguars, they could use a good pass rusher but they have more needs than just that. They move back and acquire a handful of picks to help their rebuilding phase. They didn’t get the haul they wanted for this pick (2 first rounders) but they take the best offer on the table without taking a loss.

I won't be doing any trades again for awhile lol. I spent more time thinking of fair and sensible trades than I did doing this mock. >.<

Round 1
1) Houston Texans from Oakland (0-8) – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
2) New York Jets (1-8) – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
3) New York Giants from Jacksonville (1-8) – Randy Gregory, DE/OLB, Nebraska
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-7) – Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
The Buccs wanted a QB here but with Mariota and Winston gone, they can’t pull the trigger. Although Ray and Williams are tempting prospects for their defense, franchise LTs don’t just come around every day. Their OL needs help or else it won’t matter who is taking the snap. Whether they stick with Glennon or McCown or get someone as a FA or draft a QB later in this draft, they need to make sure the OL is ready to protect that guy and they can address their defensive needs later.

5) Atlanta Falcons (2-6) – Leonard Williams, DE, USC
Atlanta has their choice of pass rusher here between Williams and Ray. Williams is much bigger and probably better suited inside but even at his current weight he seems so much more comfortable, natural and productive when he’s on the edge getting up field and disrupting the pass. If the Falcons were to draft him he’s got the work ethic to lose a little weight and up his speed and become a dominate force.

6) Tennessee Titans (2-6) – Shane Ray, DE/OLB, Missouri
7) Washington Redskins (3-6) – La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU
8) Chicago Bears (3-5) – Landon Collins, S, Alabama
9) St. Louis Rams (3-5) – Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
The Rams have started to win a little bit. Austin Davis hasn’t been great but he’s definitely playing well enough. If they get a little support on defense, the OL and some receivers, he could be very Alex Smith-esque and play just well enough to let the team succeed around him.

10) Jacksonville Jaguars from New York Giants (3-5) – Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
Jacksonville moves down 7 spots and still gets a top 5 prospect (in my opinion). Peters has quickly become my #1 CB in this draft and #4 overall player. This will go a long way in helping their defense.

11) Carolina Panthers (3-5-1) – Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
The Panthers could easily go with Scherff (OT), Oakman (DE/DT) or one of the Corners still on the board but Strong is too good to pass up. The combination of Strong and Benjamin is going to be scary and I’d hate to play corner in the NFC South.

12) San Francisco 49ers (4-4) – Shawn Oakman, DE/DT, Baylor
13) Minnesota Vikings (4-5) – Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
14) Oakland Raiders from Houston (4-5) – Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
Just like the Jaguars, the Raiders move down in the first and still get a top 5 pick (imo). Beasley is a monster and pairing him with Khalil Mack will give the Raiders one of the best young pass rushing duos in the league. If they do go this route though then they almost have to move to a base 3-4 defense which they have the personnel for anyway. Wilson at DE, Ellis at NT, Smith at DT (could draft a young guy for this later wink wink lol), Mack and Beasley on the edges, Moore and Burris in the middle. That’s pretty fucking solid imo. Beef up the secondary a bit I FA or the draft (wink wink) and who knows what Jon Gruden can do with this team.

15) Cleveland Browns (5-3) – Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Kevin White and Sammie Coates are better WRs but Cooper is a better fit to pair up with Gordon.

16) Miami Dolphins (5-3) – P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
17) Green Bay Packers (5-3) – Eric Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
18) Cleveland Browns from Buffalo (5-3) – Dante Fowler Jr., DE/OLB, Florida
19) San Diego Chargers (5-4) – Cedric Ogbuehi, OT/G, Texas A&M
In 2013 the Chargers took a struggling OL who was expected to bust and he ended up being the best OL pick from that draft (DJ Fluker, OK Bears fans, Kyle Long as an argument too). With an OL which is still struggling the Chargers do the same again. At one point Ogbuehi was mentioned as a better prospect than Peat. Since then he’s fallen quite a bit. He’s versatile though so the Chargers can use him inside or at tackle (likely will use him at guard).

20) Baltimore Ravens (5-4) – Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
I’m still seeing Gurley projected as a top 10 pick. While it wouldn’t surprise me in the end, I just don’t see it. Even if he’s the next great thing at RB, you just don’t see teams invest high picks in RBs anymore, especially ones who have off the field issues (even if they are stupid ones). The Ravens though give zero fucks and take the BPA at an area of need as well.

21) New Orleans Saints (4-4) – Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
22) Seattle Seahawks (5-3) – Danny Shelton, DT, Washington
23) Kansas City Chiefs (5-3) – Kevin White, WR, West Virginia
24) Cincinnati Bengals (5-2-1) – Alex Carter, CB, Stanford
25) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) – Jalen Collins, CB, LSU
26) Dallas Cowboys (6-3) – Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State
27) Indianapolis Colts (6-3) – Markus Golden, DE/OLB, Missouri
28) Detroit Lions (6-2) – Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State
29) Philadelphia Eagles (6-2) – Cody Prewitt, S, Ole Miss
30) Denver Broncos (6-2) – Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
31) New England Patriots (7-2) – Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
32) Arizona Cardinals (7-1) – Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB, Georgia

Round 2
1) Oakland Raiders (0-8) – Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
The Raiders continue to draft smart. Rather than reaching for a DT or a CB or S they draft one of the BPAs and still fill a need.

2) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8) – Benardrick McKinney, OLB, Mississippi State
3) New York Jets (1-8) – Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
Percy and Decker are nice but they still need another weapon for Winston or else he’ll fail just like Geno did.

4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-7) – Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
The Buccs missed out on a QB in the first but they got lucky with Cook falling into the second. This won’t happen in real life but in this scenario where I’m only predicting those early trades, this is entirely possible.

5) Tennessee Titans (2-6) – Garret Grayson, QB, Colorado State
6) Atlanta Falcons (2-6) – Alvin Dupree, DE, Kentucky
Regardless how the Falcons use Williams they’ll need another pass rusher and Dupree provides quite a bit of value here, being a very underrated prospect thus far.

7) Washington Redskins (3-6) – Lorenzo Mauldin, ILB, Louisville
8) St. Louis Rams (3-5) – DeVante Parker, WR, Louisville
9) Jacksonville Jaguars from New York Giants (3-5) – Devin Funchess, TE, Michigan
10) Chicago Bears (3-5) – Jalen Mills, S/CB, LSU
Just like Fuller, Bears take another hybrid DB and continue to strength their secondary with youthful talent.

11) Carolina Panthers (3-5-1) – Tyrus Thompson, OT, Oklahoma
12) San Francisco 49ers (4-4) – Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest
13) Oakland Raiders from Houston (4-5) – Arik Armstead, DT, Oregon
Again, the Raiders continue to draft smart. They need a corner but a lot of corners have come off the board and there isn’t a lot of talent sitting out there right now. Instead they continue to bolster the front of their defense (which is now a 3-4 remember ;) ) and get a young DT to pair with their young DE and NT.

14) Minnesota Vikings (4-5) – Nate Orchard, DE/OLB, Utah
Anthony Barr is a fucking stud as expected but the Vikings still need help with their front 7.

15) Miami Dolphins (5-3) – Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia
16) Green Bay Packers (5-3) – Malcom Brown, DT, Texas
17) Buffalo Bills (5-3) – Brett Hundley, QB, UCLA
Bills cut their losses with Manuel and give it another shot.

18) Cleveland Browns (5-3) – Corey Robinson, OT/G, South Carolina
19) Baltimore Ravens (5-4) – Rashad Greene, WR, Florida State
20) San Diego Chargers (5-4) – Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State
21) New Orleans Saints (4-4) – Ty Sambrailo, OT, Colorado State
22) Seattle Seahawks (5-3) – Nick O'Leary, TE, Florida State
23) Kansas City Chiefs (5-3) – Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
24) Cincinnati Bengals (5-2-1) – Karl Joseph, S, West Virginia
25) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) – Hau'Oli Kikaha, DE/OLB, Washington
26) Dallas Cowboys (6-3) – T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama
The Cowboys can’t continue to allow Murray to handle as big of a workload as he has been, he’ll break halfway through next season. Getting a better compliment for him is a must.

27) Indianapolis Colts (6-3) – Reese Dismukes, C/G, Auburn
28) Detroit Lions (6-2) – Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State
Let’s be real here, it’s very unlikely that Suh and Fairly will be back next year so the Lions will be looking for some help at DT for at the very least some depth.

29) Philadelphia Eagles (6-2) – Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE/OLB, UCLA
30) Denver Broncos (6-2) – Carl Davis, DE/DT, Iowa
31) New England Patriots (7-2) – Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
32) Arizona Cardinals (7-1) – Shaq Thompson, ILB, Washington

Round 3
1) Oakland Raiders (0-8) – Steven Nelson, CB, Oregon State
2) New York Jets (1-8) – Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas
3) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-8) – Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State
4) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-7) – Jordan Jenkins, DE/OLB, Georgia
5) Atlanta Falcons (2-6) – D.J. Humphries, OT/G, Florida
6) Tennessee Titans (2-6) – Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford
7) Washington Redskins (3-6) – Derron Smith, S, Fresno State
8) New York Giants (3-5) – Eric Striker, LB, Oklahoma
9) Chicago Bears (3-5) – A.J. Johnson, LB, Tennessee
10) St. Louis Rams (3-5) – Hroniss Grasu, C/G, Oregon
11) Carolina Panthers (3-5-1) – Wayne Lyons, CB, Stanford
12) San Francisco 49ers (4-4) – Nelson Agholor, WR, USC
13) Minnesota Vikings (4-5) – Mario Edwards, DT, Florida State
14) Houston Texans (4-5) – Ramik Wilson, ILB, Georgia
15) Green Bay Packers (5-3) – Pharaoh Brown, TE, Oregon
16) Buffalo Bills (5-3) – Jordan Richards, S, Stanford
17) Cleveland Browns (5-3) – Sam Carter, S, TCU
18) Miami Dolphins (5-3) – Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse
19) San Diego Chargers (5-4) – Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
20) Baltimore Ravens (5-4) – Byron Jones, CB, Connecticut
21) New Orleans Saints (4-4) – Cedric Reed, DE, Texas
22) Seattle Seahawks (5-3) – Trey Flowers, DE, Arkansas
23) Kansas City Chiefs (5-3) – Cam Thomas, CB, Western Kentucky
24) Cincinnati Bengals (5-2-1) – Za'Darius Smith, DE, Kentucky
25) Pittsburgh Steelers (6-3) – Anthony Harris, S, Virginia
26) Dallas Cowboys (6-3) – Senquez Golson, CB, Ole Miss
27) Indianapolis Colts (6-3) – Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska
28) Detroit Lions (6-2) – Arie Kouandjio, G, Alabama
29) Philadelphia Eagles (6-2) – Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina
30) Denver Broncos (6-2) – Christian Covington, DT, Rice
31) New England Patriots (7-2) – Henry Anderson, DE/DT, Stanford
32) Arizona Cardinals (7-1) – Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma

Previous Mock:

2015 v1.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71436334&f=204
2015 v2.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71459446&f=204
2015 v3.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71490449&f=204
2015 v4.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71517481&f=204
2015 v5.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71535211&f=204
2015 v6.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71560434&f=204
2015 v7.0: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=71582492&f=204

Previous Year Mocks:

2014 Draft Analysis/All Mocks/Other Threads: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70753997&f=204

2013 Final Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67113792&f=204
2013 Live Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67170870&f=204
2013 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67228920&f=204

2012 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=62247355&f=204

This post was edited by Randolph on Nov 4 2014 08:13pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Nov 4 2014 08:07pm
no idea who Brandon Scherff is, but im all for fixing our horrible OL
Gold: 395.22
Nov 4 2014 08:12pm
Um....jay gruden?
Nov 4 2014 08:13pm
Quote (OmegaRed07 @ Nov 4 2014 07:12pm)
Um....jay gruden?

Shhhh you saw nothing.
Gold: 809.00
Nov 4 2014 08:26pm
Lol dope. I would consider taking Cooper over Beasley in the first round. We're averaging a league worst YPC because our receivers cannot get any separation. But it also hurts that Streater is out. Beasley is still a solid pick. That'd be so filthy with Khalil
Nov 4 2014 08:29pm
Quote (Benny21 @ Nov 4 2014 07:26pm)
Lol dope. I would consider taking Cooper over Beasley in the first round. We're averaging a league worst YPC because our receivers cannot get any separation. But it also hurts that Streater is out. Beasley is still a solid pick. That'd be so filthy with Khalil

If you guys go WR first, it's gotta be Strong, White or Coates. Cooper can't be the #1, he'll be a great #2 but I'd hate to try and see him be the #1 option.

But yeah I considered it but liked the combo of Mack and Beastley too much to pass and switching them to a 3-4, getting a young DT in there as well and letting them just wreak havoc would be scary. Peyton, Rivers and Smith would shit their pants as soon as the pick was made.

EDIT: Also, whoever lands DGB is going to make out like a fucking bandit. Of course I had to snatch that pick up. B) lol

This post was edited by Randolph on Nov 4 2014 08:43pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 4 2014 09:01pm
Rank these receivers:

White, Cooper, Parker, Strong, DGB, Coates, Diggs, Montgomery, Green

green= first round
black=second
red=third

This post was edited by Terps on Nov 4 2014 09:02pm
Nov 4 2014 09:09pm
Quote (Terps @ Nov 4 2014 08:01pm)
Rank these receivers:

White, Cooper, Parker, Strong, DGB, Coates, Diggs, Montgomery, Green

green= first round
black=second
red=third

Personal opinions and this is in order.

Strong
DGB
White
Parker
Coates

Green
Diggs
Cooper
Montgomery

How I think it'll go, in order as well. Only difference here is DGB, red is like 5th or 6th round, not third.

Strong
Cooper
White
Montgomery

Coates
Green
Parker
Diggs
DGB

Gold: 0.00
Nov 4 2014 09:15pm
Wow, why the Cooper hate?

Also after watching Strong's vids on draftbreakdown and his last two games, I feel like there are some catches he should make that he doesn't (he still makes some crazy catches, however). He doesn't have much experience though, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Really liking Parker the more I watch him, very physical
Gold: 250.00
Nov 4 2014 09:17pm
If DGB gets his head out of his ass, he could be a scary wr. Dude has Julio Jones-like talent.
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll