d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > 2014 Mock Draft 1.0
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.27
Sep 18 2014 11:21pm
It's that time again. I know my mocks are bad and I should feel bad but yeah, have at it. :)

Draft order taken from here http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2015.php

Round 1
1. Oakland (0-2) – Marcus Mariota, QB, Oregon
If the Raiders do end up picking #1 then Carr is shit and they have to go QB. Personally I think they’ll be closer to pick 10 when all is said and done and will be addressing their defense or going with a WR. Either way, if they’re at #1, it’s a QB or trade but fuck trades.

2. Jacksonville (0-2) – Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford
This is a no brainer. Move Joeckel to the right side, Peat takes over the left and protect Bortles.

3. New York Giants (0-2) – Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
The Giants defense needs to be bolstered and as of now, Gregory is the best defensive player in this draft. Match him up with JPP and they’ll have that ferocious pass rush once again. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Giants possibly take Todd Gurly (RB, Georgia) here. I know RBs don’t really go first round anymore, let alone top 3 but the kid is talented and could help make life a lot easier for Ryan Nassib in his first year as a starter.

4. Tampa Bay (0-2) – Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
McCown, meh. Glennon, meh. Winston, meh. He’ll fit right in.

5. Kansas City (0-2) – Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M
Similar to Jacksonville, their 2013 first round OT is proving to be a RT in the NFL so they need to bolster their line. Could be a WR here but there will always be a lot more WR talent than OT talent in any draft.

6. Pittsburgh (1-1) – Leonard Williams, DE/DT, USC
Pittsburgh continues to rebuild their defense with youth. If they’re picking this early I wouldn’t be surprised if they go with a QB. No QB has really solidified themselves as the #3 QB behind Mariota and Winston just yet but someone will and I could see the Steelers eyeing one in a surprise move.

7. Tennessee (1-1) – Landon Collins, S, Alabama
Honestly this could be any defensive position and it would be fine. Collins is just the BPA at this point.

8. Dallas (1-1) – Sean Mannion, QB, Oregon State
I said last year that I believe Mannion will end up being the best QB from this class. Dallas is done with Romo after another lackluster season. JJ was ready to draft Johnny Football, now that was more for the name than the position but maybe his son bitch slaps him again and makes a wise decision, we’ll see.

9. Washington (1-1) – P.J. Williams, CB, Florida State
Eventually Washington is going to need to address their secondary. HEY! They have a first round pick again! Holy crap I forgot they were allowed to pick in the first round. Funny how they gave all those picks up just to draft Kirk Cousins backup.

10. New York Jets (1-1) – Trae Waynes, CB, Michigan State
For the love of god finally the Jets get a fucking cornerback worth having on the roster.

11. Miami (1-1) – Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
Enough of this fucking merry-go-round at RB the Phins have had. Miller is a bum, Knowshon is a slightly better bum. They grab Gurley, a top 3 overall player in this draft and solidify their run game for a long time.

12. Cleveland (1-1) – Amari Cooper, WR, Alabama
Let’s face it, Gordon isn’t going to stop smoking weed and even if he does, the Browns are still going to be desperate for another receiving threat. Cooper is the best WR in this class so solid grab here.

13. Cleveland - from Buffalo (2-0) – Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State
I remember when I kept giving the Browns a pass rusher early on last year that someone kept trying to defend Mingo. I said it when he was drafted, I said it last year, I’ll say it now, Mingo was overrated as fuck and he sucks.

14. Chicago (1-1) – Ronald Darby, CB, Florida State
Tillman may be hanging up the cleats. Even if he wasn’t the Bears still need some help in the secondary. They had a wonderful draft last year getting some very nice young talent for their defense so they could sit on a CB and go with an OL piece to sure up their Oline but I like Darby a lot more than the OL pieces available here.

15. Houston (2-0) – Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State
Does this really need any further explanation?

16. St. Louis (1-1) – Ty Montgomery, WR, Stanford
The Rams wouldn’t be so fucked by Bradford’s injury if Hill/Davis/Whoever the fuck is up next had someone to throw the goddamn ball to. Tavon is starting to slip into the possible conversation of bust, Britt hasn’t done much, Quick, Givens and Pettis are all complimentary guys so they really have no true #1 option. Montogmery comes in and gives them that from day 1.

17. Minnesota (1-1) – Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
Replacing Adrian Peterson will be tough but Melvin Gordon is one hell of a RB and will help the Vikings put all this AP ugliness behind them.

18. Atlanta (1-1) – Leonard Floyd, DE/OLB, Georgia
The Falcons REALLY wanted Khalil Mack last year, they improved their pass rush through FA but they still need a guy for the future and Floyd is that guy. Plus I always like to see guys stay in the same state. Idk why, just think it’s nice.

19. Detroit (1-1) – Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, CB, Oregon
If the Lions select anything but CB with their first round selection, I’d have to name them the Cowboys of the North because my god. Ebron is a beast but the fuck were they thinking last year? Hopefully they can fix that fuckup this year (the fuckup being not selecting a CB, not actually selecting Ebron).

20. Carolina (2-0) – La'el Collins, OT/G, LSU
There is a lot of debate about what position Collins is in the NFL. I personally say it’s a RT or G but many say LT is totally possible. If the Panthers believe that then he is definitely the BPA and fills a huge hole. If not then Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa would be the selection here.

21. Baltimore (1-1) – T.J. Yeldon, RB, Alabama
I hate copying what everyone else is doing but this pick just makes too much sense. Ravens need a reliable RB, Ozzie has that massive hard on for Bama, he fits what Kubiak wants to do on offense, it’s the perfect match.

22. Indianapolis (0-2) – Shawn Oakman, DE/DT, Baylor
There is A LOT of corner talent in this draft and most of the possible first round options are gone (there’s a few left). Oaklman could possibly go top 10 so the value here is incredible and would be an instant upgrade to the Colts front 7.

23. Philadelphia (2-0) – Cody Prewitt, S, Ole Miss
Upgrading the secondary will be a must for the Eagles in this draft. I wouldn’t be surprised if Kelly traded up for Ekpre-Olomu.

24. Arizona (2-0) – Vic Beasley, DE/OLB, Clemson
Cardinals desperately need stability at the OLB position. Beasley was an easy first rounder last year and continues to do that this year. He hasn’t done anything to help or hurt his stock just yet but if he climbs into the top 10, I won’t be surprised at all.

25. Cincinnati (2-0) – Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State
The Bengals have very few needs. Center is probably their biggest need but Bodine is still young. If he doesn’t pan out though they may go for a center here. If they believe in him then getting a more reliable WR2 across from Green will definitely help Dalton.

26. San Diego (1-1) – Brandon Scherff, OT, Iowa
With all the best RBs off the board the Chargers grab themselves an upgrade for their OL but believe me, if one of those top RBs is here or they fall in love with another, they’re taking a RB. They have to be absolutely done with that piece of glass Mathews.

27. Green Bay (1-1) – Erik Kendricks, ILB, UCLA
Green Bay could go for a lot of different pieces for their defense but Kendricks fills the biggest void in the middle.

28. New Orleans (0-2) – Dante Fowley, DE, Florida
The Saints just need help all over their defense and Fowley is a top 20 talent so he has amazing value here.

29. New England (1-1) – Hroniss Grasu, C/G, Oregon
The Patriots biggest weakness is clearly the interior of their OL. They tried to address it last year with a few mid round picks but then they went and shipped off Mankins so unless their young guys develop, they’ll need to get some better talent.

30. San Francisco (1-1) – Malcolm Brown, DT, Texas
Niners could go in a few directions. Crabtree might leave as a FA, Boldin is getting old and Johnson has struggled so WR is totally a possibility. Who knows how everything with Aldon will turn out so a new OLB is an option. Justin Smith is close to the end of his career so his replacement is possible. Corner is always an option too. Niners go with the smartest and best option and go with the BPA lol.

31. Denver (2-0) – Denzel Perryman, ILB, Miami
Denver finally fucking finds a solid LB to fill the middle of their defense, a unit which has already taken quite a few strides in the right direction, only missing a couple of minor pieces.

32. Seattle (1-1) – Stefon Diggs, WR, Maryland
Percy is healthy…..for now. Paul Richardson has huge upside but let’s throw one more talented receiver into the mix and give Seattle’s offense a dynamic it has not had in awhile.

Previous Year Mocks:

2014 Draft Analysis/All Mocks/Other Threads: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=70753997&f=204

2013 Final Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67113792&f=204
2013 Live Mock: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67170870&f=204
2013 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=67228920&f=204

2012 Draft Analysis: http://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=62247355&f=204[/QUOTE]
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 18 2014 11:24pm
Diggs in the first round B)

I know Lamar likes all of the top-3 RBs this year, but I'd prefer a legit #2 CB and move Webb into the slot... or a legit #1 WR, never had one of those in franchise history
Gold: Locked
Sep 18 2014 11:25pm
Nah Oakland will not pick a QB #1 over all after watching what Carr has been able to do in his rookie campaign. Even if we lose every single game.
Gold: 14,000.00
Sep 18 2014 11:25pm
i figured it was a troll thread after i seen 2014 draft. then i read our pick and i rofl'd. clearly it's a troll thread
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 18 2014 11:27pm
Quote (Hako @ Sep 19 2014 01:25am)
i figured it was a troll thread after i seen 2014 draft. then i read our pick and i rofl'd. clearly it's a troll thread

You need someone to protect Chad Henne while Bortles learns how to tie his shoes for another year.
Gold: 43.99
Sep 18 2014 11:27pm
Quote (BardOfXiix @ Sep 19 2014 01:25am)
Nah Oakland will not pick a QB #1 over all after watching what Carr has been able to do in his rookie campaign.  Even if we lose every single game.

This
Gold: 2,900.49
Sep 18 2014 11:29pm
Bucs get the first overall and hopefully trade it away because they need a ton of help and can't be saved by one player. If there was a player like Clowney available I'd say keep it but I don't think there is.
Gold: Locked
Sep 18 2014 11:29pm
Quote (Kamahl16 @ Sep 18 2014 10:29pm)
Bucs get the first overall and hopefully trade it away because they need a ton of help and can't be saved by one player. If there was a player like Clowney available I'd say keep it but I don't think there is.

Could get a franchise QB from this draft.
Gold: 1,014.14
Sep 18 2014 11:30pm
We don't need a running back

Gold: 14,000.00
Sep 18 2014 11:31pm
Quote (Terps @ Sep 18 2014 10:27pm)
You need someone to protect Chad Henne while Bortles learns how to tie his shoes for another year.

i'd half way bite on the bait if it wasn't for the left side of our OL being half way decent. it's from the Center, to the right side of the line that needs the help and our starting RT has been out with a broken hand since the Bears preseason game.

so it's clearly a troll thread looking for views/posts and Randy strikes again
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll