d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Talk
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 25 2020 11:47am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 05:50pm)
There were two shootings in my high school, a lot of casual gang violence, seen a stabbing in a girl fight in a class. People would roll up blunts and walk out of class to smoke them. The lunch guard you could give a dollar and smoke cigs at lunch all week, give 10 and he would sell some weed and a hall pass. He did get fired for this while i was there. We have a police contingency force in my school, was one of the first to get metal detectors because rampant gangsterism, and generally the school didn't have the resources to deal with its 4k students, with 1500+ incoming freshmen and graduating classes around 400-500 in size. West High was a shit hole, but Pete Rose, the greatest among us (lol), graduated from there.

After i got expelled from West High we moved to a smaller neighborhood outside the city that was kind of rural suburbs, mostly white, where everyone had nice things and fights = shoving each other and getting loudly emotional with each other, no gangs, nobody jumping you for your new shoes, nobody taking your money, none of your peers are homeless or have parents on crack, nobody is worried about all the terrible things that used to cause so much anxiety, depression, and self-hate.

I've had a dozen friends die violently, half of them killed by the police over the 41 years I've been here. I've had the police kill white friends and black friends. Some deserved it maybe, but one example was a guy on my high school wrestling team, murder-suicide during a high speed chase....

I don't know why I'm telling you this other than just to express that some lives are irrationally fast and violent.

I had both parents who love me very much and a good upbringing but I've had all this chaos around me my whole life as well.

There are factors in your life that are controlled by people and then there are facts about you that are inherited for lack of a better word.

You are picking a side in the nature vs nurture argument and oversimplifying a complicated thing.

Oh, also to be clear, I have friends from this same environment who have been in the Cincinnati Police for decades serving their community while being aware of the actual plight of the young urban person growing up. Because its fucking scary.

I just Google the school and they're still suspending 6 times more students than the average Cincinnati high school, over 10% of its body has been suspended or expelled. Still an exciting place. It seemed like pre-prison to me. School to prison pipeline is real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/676319001

Can't these kids handle the complete freedom they have in the US? What do you think would happen if kids behave like that in Russia or China? Off to a rehab / integration facility you go buddy, until all crap is beaten out of you.
The US is like a paradise compared to other shithole countries, how come these kids don't seem to realize this anymore and behave the way they do?

Civilized people don't want these gangbangers fucking up their neighborhoods which is why police are patrolling these places more heavily than other places. What are you expecting?

Do you really believe that pulling the cops out or defunding them will help these crime ridden neighborhoods?

Quote (theCrossbones @ Oct 25 2020 06:18pm)
hes wants to reply its the parent's responsibility to fix this..

You reply is useless as usual. Keep voting left and get ready to be CHOPed again, hopefully in your own neighborhood this time

Gold: 22,202.22
Oct 25 2020 11:54am
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 25 2020 11:33am)
Nothing of value was lost in the michael brown case, society is better off

his family would disagree with the first half, but the second part is probably true.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 25 2020 11:45am)
Society would be better off if every cop got a bullet to the head.

oh, like these guys?

https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/justice-studies/blog/positive-police-stories-that-will-change-your-mind/

i dont deny that there are bad cops out there, but to say that all cops are bad is just willfully stupid.
Gold: 9,276.00
Oct 25 2020 12:03pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 12:50pm)
There were two shootings in my high school, a lot of casual gang violence, seen a stabbing in a girl fight in a class. People would roll up blunts and walk out of class to smoke them. The lunch guard you could give a dollar and smoke cigs at lunch all week, give 10 and he would sell some weed and a hall pass. He did get fired for this while i was there. We have a police contingency force in my school, was one of the first to get metal detectors because rampant gangsterism, and generally the school didn't have the resources to deal with its 4k students, with 1500+ incoming freshmen and graduating classes around 400-500 in size. West High was a shit hole, but Pete Rose, the greatest among us (lol), graduated from there.

After i got expelled from West High we moved to a smaller neighborhood outside the city that was kind of rural suburbs, mostly white, where everyone had nice things and fights = shoving each other and getting loudly emotional with each other, no gangs, nobody jumping you for your new shoes, nobody taking your money, none of your peers are homeless or have parents on crack, nobody is worried about all the terrible things that used to cause so much anxiety, depression, and self-hate.

I've had a dozen friends die violently, half of them killed by the police over the 41 years I've been here. I've had the police kill white friends and black friends. Some deserved it maybe, but one example was a guy on my high school wrestling team, murder-suicide during a high speed chase....

I don't know why I'm telling you this other than just to express that some lives are irrationally fast and violent.

I had both parents who love me very much and a good upbringing but I've had all this chaos around me my whole life as well.

There are factors in your life that are controlled by people and then there are facts about you that are inherited for lack of a better word.

You are picking a side in the nature vs nurture argument and oversimplifying a complicated thing.

Oh, also to be clear, I have friends from this same environment who have been in the Cincinnati Police for decades serving their community while being aware of the actual plight of the young urban person growing up. Because its fucking scary.

I just Google the school and they're still suspending 6 times more students than the average Cincinnati high school, over 10% of its body has been suspended or expelled. Still an exciting place. It seemed like pre-prison to me. School to prison pipeline is real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/676319001

It starts at home. Government can’t solve socialization no matter what. It doesn’t matter if you give people food stamps, welfare, section 8, scholarships, etc that doesn’t do shit for family cohesion.

You may not like it but there was a time when a woman was much more dependent on the man so in some ways she was stuck with him. All the social safety nets removed that dependency and we’ve seen a massive wave of fractured homes. These safety nets replaced the need for the man and we’re seeing fatherless rates explode which leads to so many layers of deviance.

Fix the home, that’s the elephant in the room. Not police brutality not institutionalized racism not access to schools, etc.

Gold: 260.11
Oct 25 2020 12:11pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 01:03pm)

Fix the home, that’s the elephant in the room. Not police brutality not institutionalized racism not access to schools, etc.

Yes because one definitely doesn't feed into the other. Mass incarceration of black males cant lead to fractured homes. No sir
Gold: 119,903.34
Oct 25 2020 12:13pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 02:03pm)
It starts at home. Government can’t solve socialization no matter what. It doesn’t matter if you give people food stamps, welfare, section 8, scholarships, etc that doesn’t do shit for family cohesion.

You may not like it but there was a time when a woman was much more dependent on the man so in some ways she was stuck with him. All the social safety nets removed that dependency and we’ve seen a massive wave of fractured homes. These safety nets replaced the need for the man and we’re seeing fatherless rates explode which leads to so many layers of deviance.

You are conveniently ignoring people being put in prison for drug use/possession and then having the rest of their life doomed.

Government has failed its citizens and we can change the way our government governs , so maybe we should focus on things we can change.

There is an issue with single parent households though but telling women they have to stay in a relationship and be dependent on someone else financially is not a solution.
Gold: 9,276.00
Oct 25 2020 12:14pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 25 2020 02:11pm)
Yes because one definitely doesn't feed into the other. Mass incarceration of black males cant lead to fractured homes. No sir

It certainly did but it’s not the main driver. I live in the hood. Most of my neighbors are black, my high school was half black. People having kids outside of marriage then the father just dipping or some issues and the couple splits is way more common.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 25 2020 12:20pm
Quote (Djunior @ Oct 25 2020 01:47pm)
Can't these kids handle the complete freedom they have in the US? What do you think would happen if kids behave like that in Russia or China? Off to a rehab / integration facility you go buddy, until all crap is beaten out of you.
The US is like a paradise compared to other shithole countries, how come these kids don't seem to realize this anymore and behave the way they do?

Civilized people don't want these gangbangers fucking up their neighborhoods which is why police are patrolling these places more heavily than other places. What are you expecting?

Do you really believe that pulling the cops out or defunding them will help these crime ridden neighborhoods?

You reply is useless as usual. Keep voting left and get ready to be CHOPed again, hopefully in your own neighborhood this time

Your privilege is showing sir. Your experience isn't the same for everybody. My kids are in paradise now, because they have parents with college educations, a nice house, and safe schools.

I didn't grow up in paradise. The first time I had a gun pointed at me was in seventh grade at school. There isn't danger like that in paradise. You're very very sheltered, sir.

Side note, my dream non-profit agency is a physical place that uses fauna and flora to help young men and women formulate positive identities. The psychosocial conflict during teenage years is identity vs role confusion then industry vs inferiority. If you fail either of these conflicts it is much harder to achieve generativity in adulthood and actualization later. Given that so much cathexis is being spent on identity at this time, and all the social forces pointing to negative identities for POC and poor whites, my agency will be a resource available that young people can go to and connect to positive aspects of their cultural identity and learn positive aspects of others. I'm including urban Appalachian whites because they're basically treated the same as POC in many ways. When I say flora and fauna I am going to probably buy something large like an old movie theater and put large exhibits consisting of biotopes from places such as central america, africa, eastern united states wilderness, south east asian, etc, with aquariums and a lot of plants. I would use the water generated from the fish (created ammonia -> nitrites -> nitrates as it cycles biologically) to feed the plants and create byproducts from the waste I can sell as organic plant food to bring in income outside of normal non-profit development. I'll offer after school with homework help in connection with The Lighthouse Youth Services, offer nutrition through The Freestore Foodbank, and health education and minor interventions through Heath Resource Center. I would attempt to get real role models from the community give workshops and offer lessons in their trade on a charity basis because I can be persuasive when I get to someone.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 02:14pm)
It certainly did but it’s not the main driver. I live in the hood. Most of my neighbors are black, my high school was half black. People having kids outside of marriage then the father just dipping or some issues and the couple splits is way more common.

It is amazing what not being able to buy houses, socially advance, or transfer generational wealth can do to generations of people over time. Look at the political effects on the Koreas...one Korean is damn near a foot taller due to 60 years of different food rationing policy. The black americans today were the ones descended from those who survived the American eugenics program of slavery only to become the urban underclass necessary to keep wages low for the capitalist.

Why isn't the story of Black Wall Street in history books in our classes? Looking at you Texas Board of Education. So many of these pogroms have been ignored by history and now people think racism isn't real lol.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 25 2020 12:27pm
Gold: 25.00
Oct 25 2020 12:31pm
Quote (fender @ Oct 25 2020 12:32pm)
you won't be able to convince such a small and bigoted mind with facts and statistics - this thread is full of proof of that.

Its not really for them though as much as it is for people who are less confrontational/browse more casually that pass by to see them flounder when they lose an argument and look like idiots.
Those people aren't as entrenched in their narrative. Then slowly other things chip away at them, and the propaganda wheels start to fall off.
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 25 2020 12:35pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 07:20pm)
Your privilege is showing sir. Your experience isn't the same for everybody. My kids are in paradise now, because they have parents with college educations, a nice house, and safe schools.

I didn't grow up in paradise. The first time I had a gun pointed at me was in seventh grade at school. There isn't danger like that in paradise. You're very very sheltered, sir.

Side note, my dream non-profit agency is a physical place that uses fauna and flora to help young men and women formulate positive identities. The psychosocial conflict during teenage years is identity vs role confusion then industry vs inferiority. If you fail either of these conflicts it is much harder to achieve generativity in adulthood and actualization later. Given that so much cathexis is being spent on identity at this time, and all the social forces pointing to negative identities for POC and poor whites, my agency will be a resource available that young people can go to and connect to positive aspects of their cultural identity and learn positive aspects of others. I'm including urban Appalachian whites because they're basically treated the same as POC in many ways. When I say flora and fauna I am going to probably buy something large like an old movie theater and put large exhibits consisting of biotopes from places such as central america, africa, eastern united states wilderness, south east asian, etc, with aquariums and a lot of plants. I would use the water generated from the fish (created ammonia -> nitrites -> nitrates as it cycles biologically) to feed the plants and create byproducts from the waste I can sell as organic plant food to bring in income outside of normal non-profit development. I'll offer after school with homework help in connection with The Lighthouse Youth Services, offer nutrition through The Freestore Foodbank, and health education and minor interventions through Heath Resource Center. I would attempt to get real role models from the community give workshops and offer lessons in their trade on a charity basis because I can be persuasive when I get to someone.

Told you how many times already I work fucking hard for my money? It's my own fucking choice to either work hard or become a criminal / drug addict

When you tell those kids they simply say: YOLO lets go for crime and "fame" in da hood. Only later they'll find out how stupid they really are

Gold: 1.93
Oct 25 2020 12:35pm
Watch the wire if you want an accurate representation of the situations these kids face day to day.

Quote (Djunior @ Oct 26 2020 05:35am)
Told you how many times already I work fucking hard for my money? It's my own fucking choice to either work hard or become a criminal / drug addict

When you tell those kids they simply say: YOLO lets go for crime and "fame" in da hood. Only later they'll find out how stupid they really are

Some of these kids are THIRD generation gang bangers, others get their ass kicked every day until they join a gang, others see all their friends killed before they turn fourteen.
You have no idea wtf you are talking about because you never grew up in this shit.

This post was edited by Plaguefear on Oct 25 2020 12:37pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev18910111214Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll