d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Talk
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 98,921.50
Oct 25 2020 08:09am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 25 2020 09:31am)
I played with toy guns as a kid all the time, no one shot me.
In fact no kid anywhere in australia has been shot by some demented sub 90 iq pig for playing with a toy.

Luckily for you there aren't any of the black neighborhoods like in the US where we see armed gang bangers selling crack at every street corner and cops having the duty to deal with this shit because society demands action against these fucking mobsters

Gold: 127.69
Warn: 10%
Oct 25 2020 08:41am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 24 2020 10:10pm)
A serious lack of empathy around here. It is almost like this is a forum full of privileged white guys.

Nailed it.
Gold: 22,202.22
Oct 25 2020 09:08am
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 25 2020 04:31am)
I played with toy guns as a kid all the time, no one shot me.
In fact no kid anywhere in australia has been shot by some demented sub 90 iq pig for playing with a toy.

but were they realistic replicas that you pointed at a cop?

doubtful...
Gold: 500.00
Oct 25 2020 09:33am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 25 2020 02:59am)
Steal some cigars and jaywalk, instant death penalty. The pro life stance.

Nothing of value was lost in the michael brown case, society is better off

This post was edited by duffman316 on Oct 25 2020 09:34am
Gold: 633.87
Oct 25 2020 09:35am
Quote (Mangix @ Oct 25 2020 02:51am)
I posted quotes about a case with zero emotion behind the post, that someone else brought up.
I'm sorry if that offends you.

The officer promptly apprehended a violent felon. If only all such cases had happy endings.

Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 25 2020 02:59am)
Steal some cigars and jaywalk, instant death penalty. The pro life stance.

Yes, to the left beating up a store clerk and robbing him blind is normal youthful indiscretion.

But to the facts of the case, Michael Brown promptly attacked the officer because he really seems to have been an irredeemably violent felon. If he had any semblance of self-control he would alive and walking free.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 25 2020 09:45am
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 25 2020 08:33am)
Nothing of value was lost in the michael brown case, society is better off

Society would be better off if every cop got a bullet to the head.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 25 2020 10:06am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Oct 25 2020 11:45am)
Society would be better off if every cop got a bullet to the head.

Ugh.

edgelord.jpg
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 25 2020 10:32am
this is not a lack of empathy or understanding of the issue. who, at this point, still denies the existence of systemic racism, and makes excuses / rationalisations for the killings of breonna taylor, tamir rice, george floyd, and all the others, is willfully ignorant - and it doesn't take a genius to figure out where they are coming from. you won't be able to convince such a small and bigoted mind with facts and statistics - this thread is full of proof of that.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 25 2020 10:50am
Quote (Djunior @ Oct 25 2020 10:09am)
Luckily for you there aren't any of the black neighborhoods like in the US where we see armed gang bangers selling crack at every street corner and cops having the duty to deal with this shit because society demands action against these fucking mobsters

There were two shootings in my high school, a lot of casual gang violence, seen a stabbing in a girl fight in a class. People would roll up blunts and walk out of class to smoke them. The lunch guard you could give a dollar and smoke cigs at lunch all week, give 10 and he would sell some weed and a hall pass. He did get fired for this while i was there. We have a police contingency force in my school, was one of the first to get metal detectors because rampant gangsterism, and generally the school didn't have the resources to deal with its 4k students, with 1500+ incoming freshmen and graduating classes around 400-500 in size. West High was a shit hole, but Pete Rose, the greatest among us (lol), graduated from there.

After i got expelled from West High we moved to a smaller neighborhood outside the city that was kind of rural suburbs, mostly white, where everyone had nice things and fights = shoving each other and getting loudly emotional with each other, no gangs, nobody jumping you for your new shoes, nobody taking your money, none of your peers are homeless or have parents on crack, nobody is worried about all the terrible things that used to cause so much anxiety, depression, and self-hate.

I've had a dozen friends die violently, half of them killed by the police over the 41 years I've been here. I've had the police kill white friends and black friends. Some deserved it maybe, but one example was a guy on my high school wrestling team, murder-suicide during a high speed chase....

I don't know why I'm telling you this other than just to express that some lives are irrationally fast and violent.

I had both parents who love me very much and a good upbringing but I've had all this chaos around me my whole life as well.

There are factors in your life that are controlled by people and then there are facts about you that are inherited for lack of a better word.

You are picking a side in the nature vs nurture argument and oversimplifying a complicated thing.

Oh, also to be clear, I have friends from this same environment who have been in the Cincinnati Police for decades serving their community while being aware of the actual plight of the young urban person growing up. Because its fucking scary.

I just Google the school and they're still suspending 6 times more students than the average Cincinnati high school, over 10% of its body has been suspended or expelled. Still an exciting place. It seemed like pre-prison to me. School to prison pipeline is real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/676319001

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 25 2020 10:59am
Gold: 14,569.69
Oct 25 2020 11:18am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 09:50am)
There were two shootings in my high school, a lot of casual gang violence, seen a stabbing in a girl fight in a class. People would roll up blunts and walk out of class to smoke them. The lunch guard you could give a dollar and smoke cigs at lunch all week, give 10 and he would sell some weed and a hall pass. He did get fired for this while i was there. We have a police contingency force in my school, was one of the first to get metal detectors because rampant gangsterism, and generally the school didn't have the resources to deal with its 4k students, with 1500+ incoming freshmen and graduating classes around 400-500 in size. West High was a shit hole, but Pete Rose, the greatest among us (lol), graduated from there.

After i got expelled from West High we moved to a smaller neighborhood outside the city that was kind of rural suburbs, mostly white, where everyone had nice things and fights = shoving each other and getting loudly emotional with each other, no gangs, nobody jumping you for your new shoes, nobody taking your money, none of your peers are homeless or have parents on crack, nobody is worried about all the terrible things that used to cause so much anxiety, depression, and self-hate.

I've had a dozen friends die violently, half of them killed by the police over the 41 years I've been here. I've had the police kill white friends and black friends. Some deserved it maybe, but one example was a guy on my high school wrestling team, murder-suicide during a high speed chase....

I don't know why I'm telling you this other than just to express that some lives are irrationally fast and violent.

I had both parents who love me very much and a good upbringing but I've had all this chaos around me my whole life as well.

There are factors in your life that are controlled by people and then there are facts about you that are inherited for lack of a better word.

You are picking a side in the nature vs nurture argument and oversimplifying a complicated thing.

Oh, also to be clear, I have friends from this same environment who have been in the Cincinnati Police for decades serving their community while being aware of the actual plight of the young urban person growing up. Because its fucking scary.

I just Google the school and they're still suspending 6 times more students than the average Cincinnati high school, over 10% of its body has been suspended or expelled. Still an exciting place. It seemed like pre-prison to me. School to prison pipeline is real.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cincinnati.com/amp/676319001

hes wants to reply its the parent's responsibility to fix this..
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1789101114Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll