d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > The Talk
Prev191011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 25 2020 12:35pm
Quote (Djunior @ Oct 25 2020 02:35pm)
Told you how many times already I work fucking hard for my money? It's my own fucking choice to either work hard or become a criminal / drug addict

When you tell those kids they simply say: YOLO lets go for crime and "fame" in da hood. Only later they'll find out how stupid they really are

White fragility, ladies and gentlemen of PaRD.
Gold: 9,276.00
Oct 25 2020 12:39pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 02:20pm)

It is amazing what not being able to buy houses, socially advance, or transfer generational wealth can do to generations of people over time. Look at the political effects on the Koreas...one Korean is damn near a foot taller due to 60 years of different food rationing policy. The black americans today were the ones descended from those who survived the American eugenics program of slavery only to become the urban underclass necessary to keep wages low for the capitalist.

Why isn't the story of Black Wall Street in history books in our classes? Looking at you Texas Board of Education. So many of these pogroms have been ignored by history and now people think racism isn't real lol.

This point would probably pass the smell test if you weren't responding to a first gen immigrant who came here as a kid with his parents while they had like 1000 dollars to their name. Thing is it's not only me but hundreds of other immigrants that I personally know who came here with nothing and found a way to build wealth and save within a very short amount of time. I know people who came here less than 20 years ago that had nothing who have net worth in all their assets that are in the upper 6 figures. That'll probably be me by the time I retire.

Who is stopping blacks today from advancing? Who was stopping them 20 years ago? In the state I live you can get a 4 year degree for free. Most corporations are actively targeting blacks for hiring to meet D&I quotas. Why are so many of these excuses so nebulous that proponents so often have to speak in generalities?
Oct 25 2020 12:42pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 02:39pm)
This point would probably pass the smell test if you weren't responding to a first gen immigrant who came here as a kid with his parents while they had like 1000 dollars to their name. Thing is it's not only me but hundreds of other immigrants that I personally know who came here with nothing and found a way to build wealth and save within a very short amount of time. I know people who came here less than 20 years ago that had nothing who have net worth in all their assets that are in the upper 6 figures. That'll probably be me by the time I retire.

Who is stopping blacks today from advancing? Who was stopping them 20 years ago? In the state I live you can get a 4 year degree for free. Most corporations are actively targeting blacks for hiring to meet D&I quotas. Why are so many of these excuses so nebulous that proponents so often have to speak in generalities?

Because the number one measurement of the success of a person was and still is the level of education of the parent. That is the reality and that is in the data and the facts despite your emotional pleas and anecdote.

If your parents left whatever shithole they were in to fly to the fucking United States they weren't pulling themselves up by their boot straps. Those are the people walking here you're telling to get out.

If it was in Eastern Europe I have probably been there and it was probably a lot nicer than our ghettos. Safer for sure.

Do you support Affirmative Active? You are sounding like you do but you don't because you're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 25 2020 12:46pm
Gold: 1.93
Oct 25 2020 12:48pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 26 2020 05:39am)

Did your parents start out in south central la? Were you in a Latin king or crip neighborhood?
Did you get your ass kicked every day for not repping a set or block?
If not then your situation was nothing alike to many peoples.
These kids kill eachother for shoes.
Gold: 9,276.00
Oct 25 2020 12:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 25 2020 02:42pm)
Because the number one measurement of the success of a person was and still is the level of education of the parent. That is the reality and that is in the data and the facts despite your emotional pleas and anecdote.

If your parents left whatever shithole they were in to fly to the fucking United States they weren't pulling themselves up by their boot straps. Those are the people walking here you're telling to get out.

If it was in Eastern Europe I have probably been there and it was probably a lot nicer than our ghettos.

Neither of my parents are college educated and neither of them made any money really. Enough to pay the bills but not low enough to qualify for all the aid. Mom was a janitor and dad worked at a junk yard.

You know nothing and are just filled with undergrad sociology level excuses. American society is weak, the handouts made it weak. That's why immigrants are eating your lunch today.

This post was edited by ofthevoid on Oct 25 2020 12:50pm
Oct 25 2020 12:51pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Oct 25 2020 02:48pm)
Did your parents start out in south central la? Were you in a Latin king or crip neighborhood?
Did you get your ass kicked every day for not repping a set or block?
If not then your situation was nothing alike to many peoples.
These kids kill eachother for shoes.

His parents were MS-13, he was trafficked here by a coyote unironically named "El Coyote". He was raised in a lean-to on the coast of Guatemala, and his father deserted at an early age, and his mother made a living by prostituting and selling hand-carved wooden bowls to tourists.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 02:49pm)
Neither of my parents are college educated and neither of them made any money really. Enough to pay the bills but not low enough to qualify for all the aid. Mom was a janitor and dad worked at a junk yard.

You know nothing and are just filled with undergrad sociology level excuses. American society is weak, the handouts made it weak. That's why immigrants are eating your lunch today.

Immigrants are eating my lunch? My diet is varied, usually organic and meat is grown on the range, so they're lucky. I eat a lot of ethnic food so they might get something familiar, unless its dog. They are also being split up from their children at the border as a rule due to Stephen Miller and President Donald Trump.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 25 2020 12:52pm
Gold: 1.93
Oct 25 2020 12:52pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 26 2020 05:49am)

How many times were you shot for being born on eighteenth street?
Gold: 12,730.67
Oct 25 2020 12:54pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 11:49am)

No, the handouts didn't make society weak. I agree that immigrants are eating our lunch and that's a good thing. If I could trade a white-trash Republican for ANY immigrant, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Gold: 260.11
Oct 25 2020 12:57pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 25 2020 01:49pm)

If your parents made enough that they didnt qualify for assistance you were more privileged than you realize.
Oct 25 2020 12:59pm
Quote (thundercock @ Oct 25 2020 02:54pm)
No, the handouts didn't make society weak. I agree that immigrants are eating our lunch and that's a good thing. If I could trade a white-trash Republican for ANY immigrant, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Ditto. I don't fear meritocracy and agree with Nietzsche that we need to move away from the life-defeating values.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev191011121314Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll