d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Fisa Watchdog Report Released
Prev12345613Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 633.87
Dec 10 2019 02:21pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2019 03:17pm)
If the investigation already began, why would they be debating whether to enact the insurance policy(investigation)? And how was the investigation a fail safe?

So if the investigation preceded the conversation, it can't be viewed as an insurance policy? I'm confused, because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 10 2019 02:27pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Dec 10 2019 03:21pm)
So if the investigation preceded the conversation, it can't be viewed as an insurance policy? I'm confused, because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in Andy’s office — that there’s no way he gets elected — but I’m afraid we can’t take that risk,” he wrote. “It’s like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before 40.”

This text happened two weeks after Crossfire Hurricane was opened. What would a reasonable person infer by this text? Are you arguing that they were debating whether to investigate Trump campaign associates even after they opened the investigation already?

Why aren't you answering my question? How was the investigation a fail safe?
Gold: 2,094.99
Dec 10 2019 02:36pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2019 12:03pm)
Bar is a nut job repeating Fox News talking points. He has no credibility.

The U.S Attorney General has no credibility, but the extremely biased guy on a gaming forum who has been consistently wrong for years now, does

Gold: 24.06
Dec 10 2019 03:19pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Dec 10 2019 01:36pm)
The U.S Attorney General has no credibility, but the extremely biased guy on a gaming forum who has been consistently wrong for years now, does

https://media.giphy.com/media/Fml0fgAxVx1eM/giphy.gif

Poor failmage.
Dec 10 2019 03:59pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Dec 10 2019 03:36pm)

I don't see any rebuttal here to the facts I laid out.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 10 2019 04:08pm
Quote (IgoSoHard @ 10 Dec 2019 21:36)

Nominated by Trump ? Lose credibility at best, go to jail at worst. It's scientifically proven now.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 10 2019 04:16pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2019 12:44pm)
Pretty bizarre to see Durham speaking out like this about an ongoing investigation... and Barr also disputes the IG's findings without providing any evidence to the contrary.

Barr's speaking out again today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/barr-thinks-fbi-may-have-acted-bad-faith-probing-trump-n1098986

I don't think Barr is operating as a conspiratorial Trump hack because he wants to impress his boss... he actually believes this stuff. Crazy times.

Could have something to do with the president and his allies repeating for three years that it was a deep state coup. The debunking of that narrative is more important than systemic FISA abuse.

Durham: there was a news article claiming Durham supported some specific results. it was more in response to that than anything.
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2019 01:03pm)
https://twitter.com/alex_mallin/status/1204453908791406593

1. Obama DOJ had two investigations open into Hillary Clinton in 2016.
2. The Russia investigation didn't even leak during the campaign.
3. Trump wasn't officially being investigated until after he fired Comey.

Barr is a nutjob just repeating Fox News talking points. He has no credibility.

1. one of those was being buried by McCabe as he withheld key evidence for months, waiting for the other investigation to end.
someone finally leaked out what was going on, and McCabe was forced to shuffle papers out. (this was also why Comey suddenly felt a need to update congress that there was an on-going investigation into Clinton. just before the election)
The second one was buried through Comey's FBI as they rushed out the decision while admitting they didn't take time to look at much of the evidence.
2. aspects of the Russia investigation were leaking before the election.
you can find lots of examples, but here is just one from a Sep. 23, 2016. (before election)
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/the-mystery-of-trumps-man-in-moscow-214283
3. "trump"'s campaign and circle was being investigated well before the election. numerous news media leaks made sure we all knew about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) opened the Crossfire Hurricane investigation of Russian interference on July 31, 2016, including a special focus on links between Trump associates and Russian officials and suspected coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. The FBI's work was taken over in May 2017 by former FBI director Robert Mueller, who led a Special Counsel investigation until March 2019.

Comey also set-up president Trump on the Jan 6th. 2017 meeting where he was supposed to "update" the president. instead, he wrote down memo's of the conversation and released them to the press days later.

in short, this was everywhere before the election. Barr is not mistaken. even after the election, Trump was being set-up to establish a base for a continued investigation.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Dec 10 2019 04:16pm
Gold: 633.87
Dec 10 2019 08:06pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 10 2019 03:27pm)
This text happened two weeks after Crossfire Hurricane was opened. What would a reasonable person infer by this text? Are you arguing that they were debating whether to investigate Trump campaign associates even after they opened the investigation already?

Why aren't you answering my question? How was the investigation a fail safe?

They're discussing the need for the investigation in context of the "risk", Strzok's words, that Trump might win the election.

To your earlier point. In the midst of flagrant violation of FBI policy, I don't think either has the credibility to tell us what they really meant.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 11 2019 09:41am
Dec 11 2019 09:43am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 10 2019 05:16pm)
Durham: there was a news article claiming Durham supported some specific results. it was more in response to that than anything.

1. one of those was being buried by McCabe as he withheld key evidence for months, waiting for the other investigation to end.
someone finally leaked out what was going on, and McCabe was forced to shuffle papers out. (this was also why Comey suddenly felt a need to update congress that there was an on-going investigation into Clinton. just before the election)
The second one was buried through Comey's FBI as they rushed out the decision while admitting they didn't take time to look at much of the evidence.
2. aspects of the Russia investigation were leaking before the election.
you can find lots of examples, but here is just one from a Sep. 23, 2016. (before election)
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/the-mystery-of-trumps-man-in-moscow-214283
3. "trump"'s campaign and circle was being investigated well before the election. numerous news media leaks made sure we all knew about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_interference_in_the_2016_United_States_elections

Comey also set-up president Trump on the Jan 6th. 2017 meeting where he was supposed to "update" the president. instead, he wrote down memo's of the conversation and released them to the press days later.

in short, this was everywhere before the election. Barr is not mistaken. even after the election, Trump was being set-up to establish a base for a continued investigation.

There's always accusations in the media... standard policy is for DOJ to not talk about ongoing investigations. And this wasn't swatting down an accusation, it was basically claiming that wrongdoing occurred related to the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, without any evidence presented. It seems like a nakedly political way to blunt the IG report's impact on the endless conspiracy theories.

1. The fact is that there were two ongoing investigations during the campaign into Hillary... and we knew about them during the campaign. McCabe authorized releasing information to the media regarding the Clinton Foundation case. We didn't know about the Russia investigation during the campaign.
2. Can you quote the part of the article where the investigation got leaked?
3. I don't see how this contradicts what I said. Trump wasn't being investigated until after he fired Comey.

Comey wrote memos because Trump is a pathological liar. It was wise for him and others involved in this stuff to write memos.

Quote (bogie160 @ Dec 10 2019 09:06pm)
They're discussing the need for the investigation in context of the "risk", Strzok's words, that Trump might win the election.

To your earlier point. In the midst of flagrant violation of FBI policy, I don't think either has the credibility to tell us what they really meant.

So they were debating whether to continue the meritless investigation? They considered closing it two weeks after opening?

They gave their reasons under oath as to what the text meant, and it's a much more reasonable explanation than what you've managed to theorize here.

Still waiting on an answer though... how was the investigation a fail safe? Play it out for us... cause the investigation absolved Trump and his campaign of conspiring and Trump is still in the White House. I've been told his presidency has been super successful.

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345613Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll