d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Fisa Watchdog Report Released
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 633.87
Dec 11 2019 11:42am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 10:43am)
There's always accusations in the media... standard policy is for DOJ to not talk about ongoing investigations. And this wasn't swatting down an accusation, it was basically claiming that wrongdoing occurred related to the opening of Crossfire Hurricane, without any evidence presented. It seems like a nakedly political way to blunt the IG report's impact on the endless conspiracy theories.

1. The fact is that there were two ongoing investigations during the campaign into Hillary... and we knew about them during the campaign. McCabe authorized releasing information to the media regarding the Clinton Foundation case. We didn't know about the Russia investigation during the campaign.
2. Can you quote the part of the article where the investigation got leaked?
3. I don't see how this contradicts what I said. Trump wasn't being investigated until after he fired Comey.

Comey wrote memos because Trump is a pathological liar. It was wise for him and others involved in this stuff to write memos.

So they were debating whether to continue the meritless investigation? They considered closing it two weeks after opening?

They gave their reasons under oath as to what the text meant, and it's a much more reasonable explanation than what you've managed to theorize here.

Still waiting on an answer though... how was the investigation a fail safe? Play it out for us... cause the investigation absolved Trump and his campaign of conspiring and Trump is still in the White House. I've been told his presidency has been super successful.

My explanation is in line with Lisa Page's explanation. I'm really confused what you think they meant. Rather than ask suggesting question after question, you might want to just state your opinion.

Lol @ oath. Massive, systemic violations are being exposed at the FBI, but when one of their former employees, fired for misconduct, speaks, we ought to take him at face value.
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 11 2019 11:47am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 12:38pm)
1. Nobody set Trump up. The worst revelation in the IG report is that the FISA warrant(and renewals) for Carter Page were missing exculpatory information... but Crossfire Hurricane was already opened. Stop making shit up when we have a 400+ page IG report in front of us that disputes your conspiracy theories.
2. I skimmed the article and didn't see where the Carter Page investigation was leaked. Feel free to quote it here.
3. Investigating campaign associates =/= investigating Trump directly.

1. this report says otherwise. again the Jan 6th meeting that Comey had with Trump "was" the setup.
https://oig.justice.gov/reports/2019/o1902.pdf
2. the whole news thread is the investigation leak, but if you want specific terminology.... here's the first ctrl+f.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/09/the-mystery-of-trumps-man-in-moscow-214283
Both claimed to me that the FBI was investigating Page for allegedly meeting with Igor Sechin and Sergei Ivanov, who was until recently Putin’s chief of staff—both of whom are on the sanctions list—when Page was in Moscow in July for that speech.

3. it was all lumped together. just because Mueller took over, the scope never changed. it remained under the guise of investigating Russian election interference and "Russian Collusion" with the Trump campaign.
do you all not remember spouting this crap? let's bring back the old thread and see what people were saying.

edit:
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 12:41pm)
Horowitz testified that Durham showed him no evidence that disputed the report's findings.

can you link that please?

either way, Horowitz is not part of Durham's investigation. a lot of this is still classified information and not to be shared just to prove Durham's point.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Dec 11 2019 11:50am
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 11 2019 11:49am
Quote (bogie160 @ Dec 11 2019 12:42pm)
My explanation is in line with Lisa Page's explanation. I'm really confused what you think they meant. Rather than ask suggesting question after question, you might want to just state your opinion.

Lol @ oath. Massive, systemic violations are being exposed at the FBI, but when one of their former employees, fired for misconduct, speaks, we ought to take him at face value.

I'm still waiting for you to defend your opinion. The fact that you aren't able to answer my simple questions tells me that you're just repeating dopey talking points that fall apart under scrutiny.

It's not taking someone at face value, it's evaluating their explanation against alternative theories.
Gold: 2,094.99
Dec 11 2019 11:50am
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 11:07am)
I don't have a problem with Comey leaking the memo in order to reveal Trump's corrupt behavior.

You don’t have a problem with it because it fits your echo-chamber narrative. Specifically what “corrupt” behavior are you referring to ? Trump was cleared of any wrongdoing while the IG issued a report stating Comey not only broke DOJ & FBI policies, but broke his FBI employment agreement by keeping 4 of his memos in his personal safe, & leaking 1 to his law friend.
Gold: 5,016.77
Dec 11 2019 11:58am
Quote (IgoSoHard @ Dec 11 2019 12:50pm)
You don’t have a problem with it because it fits your echo-chamber narrative. Specifically what “corrupt” behavior are you referring to ? Trump was cleared of any wrongdoing while the IG issued a report stating Comey not only broke DOJ & FBI policies, but broke his FBI employment agreement by keeping 4 of his memos in his personal safe, & leaking 1 to his law friend.

Lol @ bold.

The president can't be indicted, so the fact that he wasn't indicted absolves him of any wrongdoing?

Comey violated certain FBI policies in order to blow the whistle on Trump's attempt to corruptly influence the Russia investigation.
Dec 11 2019 12:00pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 12:58pm)
Lol @ bold.

The president can't be indicted, so the fact that he wasn't indicted absolves him of any wrongdoing?

Comey violated certain FBI policies in order to blow the whistle on Trump's attempt to corruptly influence the Russia investigation.

how did Trump attempt to corruptly influence the Russia investigation?
don't tell me Comey blew the whistle on Trump because he knew he was getting fired.
Gold: 633.87
Dec 11 2019 12:03pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 11 2019 12:49pm)
I'm still waiting for you to defend your opinion. The fact that you aren't able to answer my simple questions tells me that you're just repeating dopey talking points that fall apart under scrutiny.

It's not taking someone at face value, it's evaluating their explanation against alternative theories.

It is irrelevant that the investigation was already open, because they are talking about the investigation. They both admit that.

Are you confused about that? Do you think they were talking about something else?

The investigation into Trump is an insurance policy whether or not Trump is guilty or innocent. If he loses, it's irrelevant, he goes back to being a nobody. If he wins, the investigation exists to bring him down.

Were Strzok and Page believers? I don't know, and I don't think it matters much whether their animus was the result of belief in a ridiculous conspiracy theory or just revulsion towards Trump.
Gold: 57.00
Dec 11 2019 12:42pm

lmfao
world's most timid thug subversive leaker comey gets brutally bamboozled by reality (again)
Dec 11 2019 01:39pm
https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf
Executive Summary
pg. XIV (pdf pg. 19)
In our view, this was a failure of not only the
operational team, but also of the managers and
supervisors, including senior officials, in the chain of
command
. For these reasons, we recommend that the
FBI review the performance of the employees who had
responsibi lity for the preparation, Woods review, or
approval of the FISA applications, as well as the
managers and supervisors in the chain of command of
the Carter Page investigation, including senior officials,
and take any action deemed appropriate
. In addition,
given the extensive compliance failures we identified in
this review, we believe that additional OIG oversight
work is required to assess the FBI's compliance
with
Department and FBI FISA-related pol icies that seek to
protect the civil liberties of U.S. persons. Accordingly,
we have today initiated an OIG audit that wil l further
examine the FBI's compliance with the Woods
Procedures in FISA applications that target U.S. persons
in both counterintelligence and counterterrorism
investigations
. This audit will be informed by the
findings in this review, as well as by our prior work over
the past 15 years on the Department's and FBI's use of
national security and surveillance authorities, including
authorities under FISA, as detailed in Chapter One.

the abuse of the FISCA was so bad, new audits are opening into other cases. even outside of the counter-intelligence operations.

This post was edited by tagged4nothing on Dec 11 2019 01:41pm
Gold: 10,655.00
Dec 11 2019 02:28pm

Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567813Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll