d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Another Innocent Citizen Killed By Police > Shot In Her Own Home
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 14 2019 09:35pm
the female cop that killed botham jean was convicted of murder, right? this one should be a pretty easy second degree murder conviction as well imo.
Gold: 57.00
Oct 14 2019 09:49pm
Quote (Skinned @ 14 Oct 2019 18:34)
Well, there is a murder weapon and a body, kind of case closed.

Are you saying a murder didn't happen? Tell that to the kid who will need counseling.

are you saying that? cuz we know commies tend to shoot first and ask questions never
Gold: 5,169.82
Oct 15 2019 12:05am
It ain't no secret
you can get killed just for living in
your American skin
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 15 2019 05:44am
Quote (fender @ Oct 14 2019 10:35pm)
the female cop that killed botham jean was convicted of murder, right? this one should be a pretty easy second degree murder conviction as well imo.

No, it won't be easy, because unlike the Botham Jean case, this officer was on duty. US courts long ago manufactured an extra-legislative protection of public servants in the performance of their duties called qualified immunity. This is the legal reason cops get away with murder.
Gold: 253.00
Oct 15 2019 02:27pm
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/15/atatiana-jefferson-pointed-gun-out-window-before-fort-worth-officer-killed-her-nephew-told-authorities/

What sucks is it sounds like both of the people involved where pretty decent human beings that got caught up in an extremely shitty situation.

Jefferson had a normal human reaction of arming themselves when a threat is perceived and investigating that threat, Dean reacted to a threat the way he was trained. I don' believe Dean should be charged with murder, there wasn't intent to do harm and he has a very valid claim in that he saw a weapon and reacted the way he was trained. I do think Jefferson's family has a valid claim against Dean and the Ft Worth Police Dept as it seems there was no attempt to announce police presence or identification as a law enforcement officer. What I'm really curious about, and I'm sure it will come out, is was there attempts to make contact with the residence before officers arrived or right after they arrived and found the doors open.

What sucks as well is both sides of the spectrum will use this event for political points rather than conduct a fair investigation and review of what happened or to make meaningful changes in policy and or training.
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 15 2019 02:32pm
Quote (tman65ky @ Oct 15 2019 03:27pm)
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2019/10/15/atatiana-jefferson-pointed-gun-out-window-before-fort-worth-officer-killed-her-nephew-told-authorities/

What sucks is it sounds like both of the people involved where pretty decent human beings that got caught up in an extremely shitty situation.

Jefferson had a normal human reaction of arming themselves when a threat is perceived and investigating that threat, Dean reacted to a threat the way he was trained. I don' believe Dean should be charged with murder, there wasn't intent to do harm and he has a very valid claim in that he saw a weapon and reacted the way he was trained. I do think Jefferson's family has a valid claim against Dean and the Ft Worth Police Dept as it seems there was no attempt to announce police presence or identification as a law enforcement officer. What I'm really curious about, and I'm sure it will come out, is was there attempts to make contact with the residence before officers arrived or right after they arrived and found the doors open.

What sucks as well is both sides of the spectrum will use this event for political points rather than conduct a fair investigation and review of what happened or to make meaningful changes in policy and or training.

plenty of murder level charges that don't require intent to kill someone. mainly ones wrapped up with negligence.

i'd agree that 15-20 years under a manslaughter charge might fit the crime better. manslaughter to fit the crime, 15-20 to fit the outcome. the idea that you get shot in your own home defending your own home is absurd, by police no less.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Oct 15 2019 04:05pm

Quote (tman65ky @ 15 Oct 2019 22:27)

2nd degree murder.
also, i doubt that he was trained to sneak around on private property with his gun drawn after getting a concerned neighbour call - he's not rambo trying to infiltrate a prisoner camp, or someone trying to bust a drug lab, he's there because their light was on unusually late.
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 15 2019 08:52pm
The residence was shit-stain level dirty. It looked like a break-in when the cop looked in the window.

This post was edited by EndlessSky on Oct 15 2019 08:52pm
Gold: 10.77
Oct 15 2019 09:05pm
Cops should be eligible for an immediate death penalty for violating any law of the United States or any action which results in the direct harm of a citizen. No due process. Instant. Send them to an incinerator the next day.
Gold: 107.77
Oct 19 2019 08:27pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll