d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Another Innocent Citizen Killed By Police > Shot In Her Own Home
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 19 2019 09:30pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2019 11:25pm)
"A dark house with an open door". If you find that threatening youre too much of a pussy to be a cop anyway.

You have terrible judgement, thank god youve never been in a position of responsibility.

Oh but I have. And one of these days you might also have been in a position of responsibility, and just might decide that your life is more important to you than to run around taking stupid risks.

The callers said... the doors are open, but the owners NEVER leave the doors open. This happened in TX where just about everyone has a gun, and it's 2:30 in the morning, in the dark.

Might be you need to walk a mile in a man's shoes before YOU judge him...eh? ^^

Gold: 260.11
Oct 19 2019 09:34pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 19 2019 10:30pm)
Oh but I have. And one of these days you might also have been in a position of responsibility, and just might decide that your life is more important to you than to run around taking stupid risks.

The callers said... the doors are open, but the owners NEVER leave the doors open. This happened in TX where just about everyone has a gun, and it's 2:30 in the morning, in the dark.

Might be you need to walk a mile in a man's shoes before YOU judge him...eh? ^^

The fact that it's 2:30 a.m. in the dark is the exact reason why he should have announced himself. It avoids people, ya know, accidentally shooting at the officer and the officer accidentally shooting at somebody who isn't a target.

Most burglaries are not thought out crimes with intent to commit assault and violence on top. They're crimes of opportunity with specific intention to avoid conflict or being identified. Not sure if you know this, but most burglars aren't going to open fire on a police officer and make the situation worse, the first thing is going to be escape not murder.

but then again I'm talking to the guy who said a nurse handled a situation too perfectly, and would have made it better by lying to a police officer.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 19 2019 09:34pm
Oct 19 2019 09:38pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2019 11:34pm)
The fact that it's 2:30 a.m. in the dark is the exact reason why he should have announced himself. It avoids people, ya know, accidentally shooting at the officer and the officer accidentally shooting at somebody who isn't a target.

Most burglaries are not thought out crimes with intent to commit assault and violence on top. They're crimes of opportunity with specific intention to avoid conflict or being identified. Not sure if you know this, but most burglars aren't going to open fire on a police officer and make the situation worse, the first thing is going to be escape not murder.

WE DON"T KNOW WHAT KIND OF NEIGHBORHOOD IT WAS. It could have been a neighborhood rife with drug traffic, or robberies, or something...we just don't know.
Yeah here you are judging a man in a situation we know about 20% of the facts relating to what happened.

Maybe you'll feel the same way when you're up to your earlobes in your first mal practice suit. Maybe you'll want to be judged with out ALL the facts being known.

This post was edited by Ghot on Oct 19 2019 09:39pm
Oct 19 2019 09:46pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 19 2019 10:38pm)
WE DON"T KNOW WHAT KIND OF NEIGHBORHOOD IT WAS. It could have been a neighborhood rife with drug traffic, or robberies, or something...we just don't know.
Yeah here you are judging a man in a situation we know about 20% of the facts relating to what happened.

Maybe you'll feel the same way when you're up to your earlobes in your first mal practice suit. Maybe you'll want to be judged with out ALL the facts being known.

The type of neighborhood is irrelevant. Cops don't get to execute homeowners for living in a bad neighborhood. You're trying to inject extraneous shit because you know there's no justification for the way this officer acted.
Oct 19 2019 09:54pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2019 11:46pm)
The type of neighborhood is irrelevant. Cops don't get to execute homeowners for living in a bad neighborhood. You're trying to inject extraneous shit because you know there's no justification for the way this officer acted.

I seriously hope you were out drinking tonight, as that would explain things. You should hear yourself right now.

All we have is one POS video and some text telling us what the caller said. Here's a scenario for you... Maybe the neighbor has been hitting on the neighboor lady for a while and she has been shutting him down in a nasty way. Maybe the neighbor also hates cops.

He sits in his house and stews on this for a while and then decides to place that call. He thinks to himself it's a win-win situation... either the bitch gets shot or the cop does.
I've been in 49 of the 50 states, and 7 foreign countries, and met tens of thousands more people than you have. Here's a tip for you... most people are pretty messed up. Sure there are nice people too, but they are severely out numbered by the assholes.

Point is... don't be so quick to judge when you don't have ALL the facts. Ooh... deja vu. :/
Oct 19 2019 10:18pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 19 2019 10:54pm)
I seriously hope you were out drinking tonight, as that would explain things. You should hear yourself right now.

All we have is one POS video and some text telling us what the caller said. Here's a scenario for you... Maybe the neighbor has been hitting on the neighboor lady for a while and she has been shutting him down in a nasty way. Maybe the neighbor also hates cops.

He sits in his house and stews on this for a while and then decides to place that call. He thinks to himself it's a win-win situation... either the bitch gets shot or the cop does.
I've been in 49 of the 50 states, and 7 foreign countries, and met tens of thousands more people than you have. Here's a tip for you... most people are pretty messed up. Sure there are nice people too, but they are severely out numbered by the assholes.

Point is... don't be so quick to judge when you don't have ALL the facts. Ooh... deja vu. :/

In your scenario the cop announcing themselves would have immediately diffused the situation and resulted in zero casualties. If you are going to propose ridiculous what-ifs at least make sure they're ones that aren't solved by the cop doing exactly what I suggested.

Then again, if you actually had anything of substance to offer you wouldn't have to start speculating about what-ifs. You would just give the substance.
Oct 19 2019 10:27pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 20 2019 12:18am)
In your scenario the cop announcing themselves would have immediately diffused the situation and resulted in zero casualties. If you are going to propose ridiculous what-ifs at least make sure they're ones that aren't solved by the cop doing exactly what I suggested.

Then again, if you actually had anything of substance to offer you wouldn't have to start speculating about what-ifs. You would just give the substance.

Ok fine, you don't want to be serious, then I don't want to discuss this issue.
Gold: 356.93
Oct 19 2019 10:35pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2019 03:27pm)

What are you talking about?
Oct 19 2019 10:41pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 19 2019 11:27pm)

You have so little to bring to the table that you just gave a "what if" scenario that would have been solved by my suggestion of what the cop should have done.

If you come up with anything of consequence post it, but for now you're relegated to "but what if the house was full of gang-bangers!"
Gold: 6.66
Oct 20 2019 02:06am
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 20 2019 07:27am)

Lmao this post sounds like the crazy side of a relationship when put in context. I understand if Thor was just flaming or responding with mantras or memes, but i don't see that

This post was edited by Neptunus on Oct 20 2019 02:08am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1891011Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll