d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > The Damage Calculator Confirms Swords B4 Axes.
Prev134567Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1,575.68
Trader: Trusted
May 19 2022 08:07am
Here a very very Quick sample only wisstle (so no EPS etc) using this gear:

Everything was done on just base statts + the first 10 Statts points into strengh (like i did in the damage calculator aswell) and without abilitys

I did only Wistle (so no - Powershot from EPs what i stated earlier) but i did not wanna do 100 Runs to get an equal amount for some comparision,

According to the Damage calculator the axe will deal 24.50 avg.

Images show: 27.69 | 27.99 | 28.23 avg damage --> 27.97 avg ( 3.47 > Damage calculator)

According to the Damage calculator the Sword will deal 27.50 avg.

Images show: 27.89 | 31.85 | 30.11 avg damage --> 29.95 avg ( 2.45 > Damage calculator)

So what did we learn about that 10 min efford:

Yes on Paper/in Theorie Swords will deal more damage than Axe

But what else comes with this:

1. Axes do way more damage in reality than in the damage calculator
Reason: they crit way more, even on a very low access to statts
Conclution: the more statts you add, the better axes get - this does not count for swords

2. Swords do way less "True" damage to Monsters (just check the EXP Bars -> less Monsters killed)
Reason: Due to the wide Range swords gonna overkill
Conclution: Even thougth the avg / total Damage from axes is lower they monsters Lost "more life" while using axes

3. Axes got even more value than swords on exploring
Reason: EPs gonna let you hit on the Low end
Conclution: low end from axe >>> Swords

So even thought you are right with the "theoretical damage" you are completly wrong when it comes to game knowledge and how stuff end up working....

You better of to stop drinking and listen to people like when it comes to LS knowledge, he does know better than you

E/like I mentioned before you should clearly work on your wording. Your behavior is even further of than your theories

This post was edited by 4ndr3as on May 19 2022 08:13am
Gold: 8,724.93
May 19 2022 08:50am
Quote (Juston @ May 20 2022 01:45am)
My swords are much better than my axes until lvl 40. And yet the speed in which I solo drops drastically. That alone tells me swords are trash in comparison. No other tests needed.

Thank you Rex for uniting the community 2 days in a row, even if it’s against you. :love:

You are welcome, hey, I am only basing this thread based on the "Damage Calculator" Avg / DPs, and I understand the low end damage... but I can also say i use my level 35 Longsword, in conjunction with my level 25 chain mail (+40 Str) without Enhanced Effect to level 55+ (class dependent before switching to level 45 Plate with 16 vitality and 38+ intelligence) or my level 40 Long-sword or lvl 45 / 55 Polearm that relies on Dex) at like level 65+.

Again... character / stat placement using X tier items would be considered.

Quote (n1ghtm4r3 @ May 20 2022 02:05am)
What brand of scotch whiskey are you drinking?

E: I've always been a fan of my swords since I never get to HH anyway and can use em on most classes :D but I like daggers/axes from 0-27 for better dmg/consistent dmg

At the moment... Ballantines "Irish Scotch Whisky" that is 40% proof (1 Litre/Liter) ... oh... I finished it already... :P

May 19 2022 08:57am
Quote (4ndr3as @ May 20 2022 02:07am)
Here a very very Quick sample only wisstle (so no EPS etc) using this gear:

https://i.imgur.com/LaVKhhU.png

Everything was done on just base statts + the first 10 Statts points into strengh (like i did in the damage calculator aswell) and without abilitys

I did only Wistle (so no - Powershot from EPs what i stated earlier) but i did not wanna do 100 Runs to get an equal amount for some comparision,

According to the Damage calculator the axe will deal 24.50 avg.

Images show: 27.69 | 27.99 | 28.23 avg damage --> 27.97 avg ( 3.47 > Damage calculator)

https://i.imgur.com/7WTlOVr.png

According to the Damage calculator the Sword will deal 27.50 avg.

Images show: 27.89 | 31.85 | 30.11 avg damage --> 29.95 avg ( 2.45 > Damage calculator)

https://i.imgur.com/6PLZKIu.png

So what did we learn about that 10 min efford:

Yes on Paper/in Theorie Swords will deal more damage than Axe

But what else comes with this:

1. Axes do way more damage in reality than in the damage calculator
Reason: they crit way more, even on a very low access to statts
Conclution: the more statts you add, the better axes get - this does not count for swords

2. Swords do way less "True" damage to Monsters (just check the EXP Bars -> less Monsters killed)
Reason: Due to the wide Range swords gonna overkill
Conclution: Even thougth the avg / total Damage from axes is lower they monsters Lost "more life" while using axes

3. Axes got even more value than swords on exploring
Reason: EPs gonna let you hit on the Low end
Conclution: low end from axe >>> Swords

So even thought you are right with the "theoretical damage" you are completly wrong when it comes to game knowledge and how stuff end up working....

You better of to stop drinking and listen to people like ^ahs_darkhunter when it comes to LS knowledge, he does know better than you

E/like I mentioned before you should clearly work on your wording. Your behavior is even further of than your theories

Right... you see I made my post based on Tier X items (level 35 etc) instead of the fucking pathetic Level 1 to 34 monsters that are WAY TOO EASY that you can use 0 EE / 0 Stat and kill them off using WHITE items within their Level.

But hey... you keep thinking that way... that is your prerogative, maybe you should read what I posted in the "Damage Calculator" thread, and realize my post(s) were referring to level 35+ instead of your post relevance of level 1... DOH... Homer Simpson has a relative.

EDIt: btfw... Tier III white items will 1 hit monsters from level 1 to 3... what the fuck are you talking about in the relevance of Sword average damage / DPS that is higher than a fucking Axe of the same tier level????

Not a fucking thing aye bud? Yup... not a damn thing.

This post was edited by izParagonzi on May 19 2022 09:03am
Gold: 1,575.68
Trader: Trusted
May 19 2022 09:31am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 19 May 2022 16:57)
Right... you see I made my post based on Tier X items (level 35 etc) instead of the fucking pathetic Level 1 to 34 monsters that are WAY TOO EASY that you can use 0 EE / 0 Stat and kill them off using WHITE items within their Level.

But hey... you keep thinking that way... that is your prerogative, maybe you should read what I posted in the "Damage Calculator" thread, and realize my post(s) were referring to level 35+ instead of your post relevance of level 1... DOH... Homer Simpson has a relative.

EDIt: btfw... Tier III white items will 1 hit monsters from level 1 to 3... what the fuck are you talking about in the relevance of Sword average damage / DPS that is higher than a fucking Axe of the same tier level????

Not a fucking thing aye bud? Yup... not a damn thing.

Ty for refuting your own point.

The gap between Axes > swords does increase with level/statt points

This post was edited by 4ndr3as on May 19 2022 09:31am
Gold: 56,030.98
May 19 2022 09:34am
Simple way to test this:

I have a 4 corner monster in my game now.
Come hit it 20-30 times with your 100 ee sword then hit it 20-30 times with a 100 ee axe and see which hits harder
May 19 2022 09:35am
Quote (4ndr3as @ May 20 2022 03:31am)
Ty for refuting your own point.

The gap between Axes > swords does increase with level/statt points

Stop coming into the the topic with BS statements, I can not excuse the way paul has made the game mechanics for level 1 characters using Tier III items vs Level 1 monsters killing them in 1 hit with base stat characters... that is a FLAW in the game... not the Damage Calculator.

Fuck... isn't it OBVIOUS CAPTAIN OBVIOUS????
Gold: 7,305.79
May 19 2022 09:37am
Consistent damage range is always better, its no secret that the low dmg spread items are better than the high ones. Stop making threads
May 19 2022 09:38am
Quote (CARTRACK @ May 20 2022 03:34am)
Simple way to test this:

I have a 4 corner monster in my game now.
Come hit it 20-30 times with your 100 ee sword then hit it 20-30 times with a 100 ee axe and see which hits harder

Oh for fuck sake... simple is simple as Simon says. The Monster shit defense hasn't any fucking say in the matter when you calculate the damage output and DPS of the item a character is using with their stats... what are you trying to say... that 4 corner monsters reduce your character stats to make you deal less damage??? FFS... it isn't brain surgery or rocket science.
Gold: 7,305.79
May 19 2022 09:39am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 19 2022 11:38am)
Oh for fuck sake... simple is simple as Simon says. The Monster shit defense hasn't any fucking say in the matter when you calculate the damage output and DPS of the item a character is using with their stats... what are you trying to say... that 4 corner monsters reduce your character stats to make you deal less damage??? FFS... it isn't brain surgery or rocket science.

Damage calculator doesn't take into account crit factors, hitting a monster for 10 damage with your sword, or hitting for 1000 when the monster has 50 hp left.

Another dumb thread, gz
Gold: 56,030.98
May 19 2022 09:42am
Quote (izParagonzi @ May 19 2022 08:38am)

No dumbass….4 corner monster is strong enough to take 20-30 hits with a 100 ee sword then using the same equipment against the same monster you do 20-30 hits with a 100 ee axe and see which one hits harder. If you do this against a regular monster you will most likely kill it within 5-10 hits or less and get a different monster with different stats resistances etc which could alter the results.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev134567Next
Closed New Topic New Poll