d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > The Damage Calculator Confirms Swords B4 Axes.
Prev1567
Closed New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 43,949.87
May 19 2022 10:42am
Why do you feel that the damage calculator is to be all end all for this game?
It may be useful to get an idea of how different weapons and/or stats compare, but it doesn't provide the whole picture.
How was the information to design the calculator obtained, and what assumptions were made from this information?
Has the calculator been validated by the game designer?

This thread is pretty entertaining keep it up. :)

This post was edited by effinA on May 19 2022 10:45am
Gold: 8,888.88
May 19 2022 11:23am
Quote (effinA @ May 20 2022 04:42am)
Why do you feel that the damage calculator is to be all end all for this game?
It may be useful to get an idea of how different weapons and/or stats compare, but it doesn't provide the whole picture.
How was the information to design the calculator obtained, and what assumptions were made from this information?
Has the calculator been validated by the game designer?

This thread is pretty entertaining keep it up. :)

Great post.

No, it is not the "bee's knee's" for using the "Calculator" to 100% quantification.
However... you can see the results of the Calculator and what is shown with your Character in game and the Avg damage using that level weapon, the stats you have including either EE and/or Rank EE. So it works correctly to the game mechanics.

I pointed out a flaw... this is NOT a flaw in the Damage Calculator, it is actually a flaw in the Game mechanics and coding and the information provided in the Portals that MAY (keyword May) cause debate.

As for the game designer validating the Damage Calculator, he would also have to validate the flaw in the stat point allocation and the "RATIOS" implemented awhile ago. But hey... it is pretty accurate, you only need to test it out for yourself. :D

I like the consult of my topics being a Joke and that all can laugh at it... I laugh because my post is correct, even if they don't believe the Damage Calculator, they can just test it vs what is displayed in GAME ... and LS does NOT have a LCS (lie'ing character screen) like Diablo II (before D2R came out).

:D
Gold: 9,613.11
May 19 2022 12:25pm
You can lead a horse to water but you cant convince him how fucking wrong he is.
Gold: 3,088.56
May 19 2022 03:17pm
This was an interesting thread, so I decided to do a couple tests my self.

Using sword - weapon dmg range was 109 - 1092, average of 660.5. Actual average was 600.5, so a 11% increase over the weapon damage (would imply a 11% crit chance assuming crit is dbl dmg).

Using axe - weapon dmg range was 392 - 471, average of 431.5. Actual average was 575, so a 33% increase over the weapon damage (would imply a 33% crit chance assuming crit is dbl dmg).

My weapons were different ee, so going back to Light_prince's dmg calcs and assuming sword has a crit chance of 11%, axe 33%

555 * 1.33 = 738
664 * 1.11 = 737

So the average actual damage for axes/swords is the "same", I feel like the game was designed where it doesn't matter which weapon u use, the damage is the same when factoring in crit, so there is no weapon advantage when basing it on damage.

Now, there is an advantage as others have mentioned where swords will over hit a lot more, making their true damage less as a lot was used to overkill monsters. As you get to higher levels this is less relevant as it takes 4+ hits to kill a mob.

Obviously gear/prof/how a char is stated/skills etc will change which is better, but I would say generally the more consistent dmg is better (just like why ices are generally better than the other charms). That being said, I still use and love my swords <3
Gold: 641.71
May 19 2022 03:27pm
Quote (Pick @ May 19 2022 11:37am)
Consistent damage range is always better, its no secret that the low dmg spread items are better than the high ones. Stop making threads ^izparagonzi

Why do so many people seem to like lightning or wind then as casters? I'm sure it's different since there is no crit ratio but the overkill you're talking about would still happen there.
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev1567
Closed New Topic New Poll