d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev14374384394404411010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 15 2021 06:15am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2021 09:43pm)
Furthermore, there was an investment in basically having things be ready way ahead of when the vaccine would be rolling out. Corning, for example, is a company I'm very familiar with as I've interviewed with and have done research on their business units. Millions of glass vials were being prepared as early as June, and this is just one specific example of many other peripheral things that would make vaccine rollout faster and smoother that was part of warp speed.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/11/operation-warp-speed-ramps-up-us-based-manufacturing-capacity-for-vials-for-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments.html

by far the best evidence for credit to Trump thusfar. being unfamiliar with vial manufacturing im only left curious what gap there would be bereft of Op Warp Speed. Glass is one of the few raw materials that isnt in short supply during covid when compared to lumber, steel, etc. But im sure plant shutdowns still caused a lag there that OWS may have helped close.
Gold: 11,571.00
Apr 15 2021 10:29am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 15 2021 08:15am)
by far the best evidence for credit to Trump thusfar. being unfamiliar with vial manufacturing im only left curious what gap there would be bereft of Op Warp Speed. Glass is one of the few raw materials that isnt in short supply during covid when compared to lumber, steel, etc. But im sure plant shutdowns still caused a lag there that OWS may have helped close.

Not in short supply but it still takes time to pump out 900 million glass vials to package vaccines. Not all glass is created equal either. I guess Corning has made some nice advancements in their Valor glass making it more durable as well as basically altering the chemistry of the glass to make whatever its holding last longer.

But like I said this is one example of many. I just knew it since I’ve been doing a lot of research on the company recently. A lot of these costs pretty much get folded under the umbrella of drug manufacturing when it comes to articles written because it’s incredibly hard to find accurate broken down accounting of how 12b was actually distributed to the granularity some people expect.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 15 2021 10:38am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 15 2021 11:29am)
Not in short supply but it still takes time to pump out 900 million glass vials to package vaccines. Not all glass is created equal either. I guess Corning has made some nice advancements in their Valor glass making it more durable as well as basically altering the chemistry of the glass to make whatever its holding last longer.

But like I said this is one example of many. I just knew it since I’ve been doing a lot of research on the company recently. A lot of these costs pretty much get folded under the umbrella of drug manufacturing when it comes to articles written because it’s incredibly hard to find accurate broken down accounting of how 12b was actually distributed to the granularity some people expect.

from my limited exposure in glass manufacturing, ive only done a few systems, the run rate on both low quality and high quality glass is essentially the same. however certain blends can be more expensive even if the bottles/day rate is similar. and im sure some of the materials needed for special glass were affected by COVID. just as a guess i'd be fairly shocked if they ran less than 200 bottles/minute, through molding, filling, and sealing. it's the final quality control step thats a bottle neck due to the need for individual inspection of the seal and bottle as well as things like label placement. i did a system for Astrazeneca that was an accumulating system to hold about 5,000 bottles, which takes a team of 4 workers half an hour or so to clear. about 1.5 secs / bottle to inspect and pass on. they had 10 of these systems, with the rest of production almost entirely automated, and could therefore clear 1500 or so bottles per minute on to packaging. running multiple lines they were churning out 500k doses or so per day at peak.

at the end of the day it was smart for Trump to focus on production, PR to focus on buying doses we'd have gotten anyways, and terrible messaging not telling people early and often to get it. i'd still give him a C- for his handling overall, and as Biden has messaged better but not done anything on production of his own he'd get about that as well.
Gold: 14.88
Apr 15 2021 03:26pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 15 2021 09:38am)
from my limited exposure in glass manufacturing, ive only done a few systems, the run rate on both low quality and high quality glass is essentially the same. however certain blends can be more expensive even if the bottles/day rate is similar. and im sure some of the materials needed for special glass were affected by COVID. just as a guess i'd be fairly shocked if they ran less than 200 bottles/minute, through molding, filling, and sealing. it's the final quality control step thats a bottle neck due to the need for individual inspection of the seal and bottle as well as things like label placement. i did a system for Astrazeneca that was an accumulating system to hold about 5,000 bottles, which takes a team of 4 workers half an hour or so to clear. about 1.5 secs / bottle to inspect and pass on. they had 10 of these systems, with the rest of production almost entirely automated, and could therefore clear 1500 or so bottles per minute on to packaging. running multiple lines they were churning out 500k doses or so per day at peak.

at the end of the day it was smart for Trump to focus on production, PR to focus on buying doses we'd have gotten anyways, and terrible messaging not telling people early and often to get it. i'd still give him a C- for his handling overall, and as Biden has messaged better but not done anything on production of his own he'd get about that as well.

Well, people who actually think Biden belongs in office should be hanged for treason, so there's that.
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 16 2021 11:16am
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/16/us/biden-refugees-cap.html

The Biden administration will keep the target of refugee admissions for this year at the historically low level set by the Trump administration, walking back an earlier pledge to welcome more than 60,000 refugees into the United States.

President Biden in February committed to welcoming those fleeing persecution around the world, and to raising the cap of 15,000 refugees set by the prior administration. Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken notified Congress on Feb. 12 that the administration planned to allow up to 62,500 refugees to enter the country in the fiscal year ending Sept. 30.

The reversal on Mr. Biden’s promise to welcome in thousands of families fleeing war and religious persecution signals the president’s hesitant approach to rebuilding an immigration system gutted by his successor. But the delay in officially designating the refugee admissions has already left hundreds of refugees cleared to travel to the United State stranded in camps around the world and infuriated resettlement agencies that accused Mr. Biden of breaking an earlier promise to restore the American reputation as a sanctuary for the oppressed.

A senior administration official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss the decision-making, said the administration grew concerned that the surge of border crossings by unaccompanied minors was too much and had already overwhelmed the refugee branch of the Department of Health and Human Services. But migrants at the border seeking asylum are processed in an entirely separate system than refugees fleeing persecution overseas.

Biden Populist

If he continues on this track Trump supporters are going to be saying "well sure he's good on policy but what about his boring Twitter account".

This post was edited by IceMage on Apr 16 2021 11:17am
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Apr 16 2021 11:25am
i think its an experiment showing just what suckers lefties are

Reminder: Joe Biden is a total fraud.
https://www.bitchute.com/video/My0E3ipCvrcQ/
Gold: 11,571.00
Apr 16 2021 11:26am
Quote (IceMage @ Apr 16 2021 01:16pm)
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/16/us/biden-refugees-cap.html

Biden Populist

If he continues on this track Trump supporters are going to be saying "well sure he's good on policy but what about his boring Twitter account".

Taking in refugees is small potatoes compared to what's happening on the southern border.

Biden's admin so far is actually doing a lot worse than Trump ever did.
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Apr 16 2021 11:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ Mar 3 2020 08:28pm)
Obviously we'll need a place to post news on all things Biden. he seems to basically have Bernie's first round antics handled and is on his way to the nomination and the Obama nod.

Nice win in Vermont Bernie! way to take the big ones. Congrats to Bloomberg on American Samoa as well, way to get on the board buddy.

If only Mayo Pete had dropped out at a proper time Biden might have Iowa in his pocket too.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/03/politics/super-tuesday-democratic-primary-2020/index.html

https://media.giphy.com/media/Kwi0Iu9MxxOgg/giphy.gif

that vid lol hes bizarre looking
Gold: 285.00
Apr 16 2021 11:39am
Quote (PlasmaSnake101 @ Apr 15 2021 05:26pm)
Well, people who actually think Biden belongs in office should be hanged for treason, so there's that.

There are people who voted for Donald Trump for president, bro. He's a complete stooge.

This post was edited by Skinned on Apr 16 2021 11:39am
Gold: 260.11
Apr 16 2021 11:53am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 16 2021 12:26pm)
Taking in refugees is small potatoes compared to what's happening on the southern border.

Biden's admin so far is actually doing a lot worse than Trump ever did.

The number of migrants is worse than Trump ever had. So that's not surprising. Usually there's a lul over the winter, but that just didn't happen this year, and the growth for summer continued from that.

This is what Biden's dealing with. Massive spike in 2019 under Trump, decline, then sharp spike for the entire rest of 2020 to current.

The border is an absolute mess right now, and I don't think any administration would be handling this cleanly.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 16 2021 11:54am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14374384394404411010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll