d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev14364374384394401008Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Apr 14 2021 08:21pm
Quote (Landmine @ Apr 14 2021 09:19pm)
You do the same and do away with the whataboutism.

You're the one making a specific claim about their motivations.
Gold: 12.06
Apr 14 2021 08:27pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2021 08:21pm)
You're the one making a specific claim about their motivations.

You’re the one denying them claims without using basis for your denial.

This post was edited by Landmine on Apr 14 2021 08:29pm
Gold: 6,351.00
Apr 14 2021 08:31pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2021 09:58pm)
Read through the articles. They don't do much to help your case. Additionally, it seems like a lot of money was diverted from the CDC and states who actually coordinated vaccine roll-out, which goes against your "infrastructure and logistics" argument. Do we know when or how much was provided to the CDC and states for roll-out? Wasn't it done through the stimulus bills?

The full context for the quote you pulled is the following

and since Pfizer was the first done without any public funds, it really cuts into the argument that the vaccine was developed faster as a result. I disagree with their characterization, but I'm also speaking after the vaccines have been created and distributed. They didn't know that writing in September 2020.

You're being completely dishonest. It very clearly shows billions going into vaccine development and manufacture. Manufacture includes things like logistics, manufacturing systems like ERP systems that help with logistics, and so on. You won't see itemized things with line items such as this is how much of this money went to logistics or how much money went into trucks, fuel, storage, etc.

So what if Pfizer's intellectual property was done without public funds? Public funds went into manufacturing it.
Apr 14 2021 08:34pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2021 09:31pm)
You're being completely dishonest. It very clearly shows billions going into vaccine development and manufacture. Manufacture includes things like logistics, manufacturing systems like ERP systems that help with logistics, and so on. You won't see itemized things with line items such as this is how much of this money went to logistics or how much money went into trucks, fuel, storage, etc.

So what if Pfizer's intellectual property was done without public funds? Public funds went into manufacturing it.

Once again, you're projecting lol. You're being dishonest, I'm not. I'm trying to have a conversation and you're being defensive because for some reason you feel its your obligation to defend Trump.

Public funds always go into manufacturing something when you buy it. Isn't it normal for big orders are paid before before they're ever produced, especially when it's a new product? Doesn't seem like something that would go beyond what is normally entailed in buying a large order of something.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 14 2021 08:35pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 14 2021 08:38pm
Quote (Santara @ 14 Apr 2021 21:17)

shocker

Quote (thundercock @ 14 Apr 2021 21:23)
Ed Markey is a fucking loon. I think he is the cosponsor of the original Green New Deal.

We SHOULD have 13 justices though (one for each circuit). Hopefully, the next Republican will do it.

oh its okay you got that one wrong regarding it having a zero chance of gaining steam. i didnt expect them to be so brazen so quickly. the (D)s are insatiable with their power grabs. President Trump ruined their plans the last 4 years with the Obama/Hillary 16+ years of expanding executive branch/(D) party overreach so theyre making up for lost time

This post was edited by excellence on Apr 14 2021 08:38pm
Gold: 6,351.00
Apr 14 2021 08:43pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 14 2021 10:34pm)
Public funds always go into manufacturing something when you buy it. Isn't it normal for big orders are paid before before they're ever produced, especially when it's a new product? Doesn't seem like something that would go beyond what is normally entailed in buying a large order of something.

Furthermore, there was an investment in basically having things be ready way ahead of when the vaccine would be rolling out. Corning, for example, is a company I'm very familiar with as I've interviewed with and have done research on their business units. Millions of glass vials were being prepared as early as June, and this is just one specific example of many other peripheral things that would make vaccine rollout faster and smoother that was part of warp speed.

Operation Warp Speed ramps up U.S.-based manufacturing capacity for vials for COVID-19 vaccines and treatments

To expand domestic manufacturing capacity for vials, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), part of the HHS Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response, collaborated with the DOD Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense and Army Contracting Command, to provide funding to two U.S. companies: Corning Incorporated, headquartered in Corning, New York, and SiO2 Materials Science located in Auburn, Alabama.

BARDA is partnering with and providing $204 million to Corning to expand the domestic manufacturing capacity to produce an additional 164 million Valor Glass vials each year if needed. Corning will accelerate the scale up of Valor Glass tubing and vial manufacturing at the company’s facilities in Durham, North Carolina; Big Flats, New York; and Vineland, New Jersey.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/11/operation-warp-speed-ramps-up-us-based-manufacturing-capacity-for-vials-for-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments.html
Apr 14 2021 08:46pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2021 09:43pm)
Furthermore, there was an investment in basically having things be ready way ahead of when the vaccine would be rolling out. Corning, for example, is a company I'm very familiar with as I've interviewed with and have done research on their business units. Millions of glass vials were being prepared as early as June, and this is just one specific example of many other peripheral things that would make vaccine rollout faster and smoother that was part of warp speed.

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/06/11/operation-warp-speed-ramps-up-us-based-manufacturing-capacity-for-vials-for-covid-19-vaccines-and-treatments.html

There we go. That's definitely a good example.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Apr 14 2021 08:46pm
Gold: 4,400.67
Apr 14 2021 09:38pm
Quote (Santara @ 15 Apr 2021 03:17)

To be fair, a group of very left-leaning figures in Congress supporting this bill does not necessarily mean that it will get steam with the wider Dem caucus, let alone with the crucial senators like Manchin, Sinema and Tester.

Quote (thundercock @ 15 Apr 2021 03:23)
Ed Markey is a fucking loon. I think he is the cosponsor of the original Green New Deal.

He is. On the actual issues, Ed Markey is to the left of AOC iirc. It's just that people are inclined to perceive old white dudes as more moderate than feisty millennial latinas, even when they are, in fact, even more radical.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Apr 14 2021 09:39pm
Gold: 57.00
Apr 14 2021 10:04pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 14 Apr 2021 23:38)
To be fair, a group of very left-leaning figures in Congress supporting this bill does not necessarily mean that it will get steam with the wider Dem caucus, let alone with the crucial senators like Manchin, Sinema and Tester.

He is. On the actual issues, Ed Markey is to the left of AOC iirc. It's just that people are inclined to perceive old white dudes as more moderate than feisty millennial latinas, even when they are, in fact, even more radical.

of course they are. no matter what they win so might as well fuck it up for everyone else. fucking ted kennedy 2.0 just not a swimmer like that fat scumbag loser of the family

Markey is a true swamp demon. 46 years in Congress. go away already ffs
Gold: 5,016.77
Apr 15 2021 05:48am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Apr 14 2021 08:58pm)
I've been pretty obviously pointing out like others have where he failed and where he found some success. You suffering from TDS can't accept the notion that Trump can be ascribed success so you just minimize it with 'well any president could have done the same thing' and then we look at other places and we see that's not actually true. His response was appropriate with op. warp speed as we got to know the virus better, nor did he have control over Cuomo putting sick people in nursing homes resulting in NY/Jersey cases & deaths exploding higher.

It must be exhausting living in a world where your opinions are basically binary black and white and you have to force facts into these bins. He did shitty early on, he did well later. Why does it bother you so much that he did better later on that you're trying so hard to minimize it?

That's not true.

Trump gets credit for Operation Warp Speed... but throughout COVID, he did an absolutely horrible job at messaging and taking reasonable precautions. This included ridiculous press conferences spouting misinformation, questioning efficacy of masks, holding campaign rallies not requiring masks, holding White House events not requiring masks(have we forgotten the ACB superspreader event?), getting the vaccine and not telling anybody or promoting it, etc etc. I couldn't have imagined he would fail so spectacularly.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14364374384394401008Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll