d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Official Game Of Thrones Discussion > Season 8
Prev1100101102103104109Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.80
May 21 2019 12:11pm
Quote (djman72 @ May 21 2019 02:05pm)
Never looked up spoilers, friend. Seen plenty of posts of people regurgitating the leaks. Hundreds and thousands of leaks/theory/spoilers.

looks like the dick sucking brigade is out in full force. We're on a Diablo 2 forum website.

lmao.

You watched the last episode and couldnt wait to come here to say "I told you so hahahaha"

You read leaks. However which way you try and justify reading them. He discussed and theorized.

Move along

Grow up :zzz:
Gold: 23.00
May 21 2019 12:49pm
Quote (Blah58 @ May 20 2019 11:24pm)
So is anyone else confused as to why Sansa said the North will never bend the knee again when the king of the realms would be a fucking Stark, and when they were pretty freaking ready to bend the knee to Jon?

That entire scene was so poorly written.

What?

How do you know Sansa wouldn't have done the same if Jon was crowned instead of Bran?

She was about the North being separate since S6 no matter who was the King.
Gold: 2,570.91
May 21 2019 02:16pm
Quote (ampoo @ 21 May 2019 19:13)
it was surely not intended, but i liked the ending since it kinda left us where the whole thing started

the council scene in the ice and fire world would immediately be the spark for the next conflict

i hated how the north became independent in 5 seconds and the others were just "kkthxbye"
especially dorne and the ironmen should go apeshit immediately

This is what pissed me off the most in the last episode. I totally agree.
Gold: 2,405.00
May 21 2019 02:41pm
Quote (Blah58 @ 21 May 2019 12:37)
I don't care how it ended, I care how it got there. Pretty big difference bud.

Bran King, Jon in the North, Arya peaced, Dany dead. That's "the ending" and it's fine.

However it was a very stupid/nonsensical path to the end.

Edit: for example

I couldn't agree more with you
Gold: 3,911.00
May 21 2019 11:36pm

btw the last episode is 4.4 now :lol:

This post was edited by Fej on May 21 2019 11:37pm
Gold: 3,911.00
May 22 2019 06:45am
A part from the nytimes interview with sophie turner, she said if you think season 8 was garbarage then you’re disrespectful :thumbsup:

The fan reaction this season has been much more negative than in previous seasons. Were you surprised by some of the vitriol?

Honestly, I’m not surprised. People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn’t go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

The thing about “Game of Thrones” that’s always been amazing is the fact that there’s always been crazy twists and turns, right from Season 1 with Ned’s beheading. So Daenerys becoming something of the Mad Queen — it shouldn’t be such a negative thing for fans. It’s a shock for sure, but I think it’s just because it hasn’t gone their way.

All of these petitions and things like that — I think it’s disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season. Like 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it’s not what they want to see is just disrespectful.
Gold: 0.20
May 22 2019 10:13am
Quote (Fej @ May 22 2019 12:45pm)
A part from the nytimes interview with sophie turner, she said if you think season 8 was garbarage then you’re disrespectful :thumbsup:

The fan reaction this season has been much more negative than in previous seasons. Were you surprised by some of the vitriol?

Honestly, I’m not surprised. People always have an idea in their heads of how they want a show to finish, and so when it doesn’t go to their liking, they start to speak up about it and rebel.

The thing about “Game of Thrones” that’s always been amazing is the fact that there’s always been crazy twists and turns, right from Season 1 with Ned’s beheading. So Daenerys becoming something of the Mad Queen — it shouldn’t be such a negative thing for fans. It’s a shock for sure, but I think it’s just because it hasn’t gone their way.

All of these petitions and things like that — I think it’s disrespectful to the crew, and the writers, and the filmmakers who have worked tirelessly over 10 years, and for 11 months shooting the last season. Like 50-something night shoots. So many people worked so, so hard on it, and for people to just rubbish it because it’s not what they want to see is just disrespectful.

what a retarded take lol, fuck her if she actually said this

first of all, people who pay for a product have every right to voice their dissatisfaction for it, no one, not the writers, nor the cast and crew, are doing it out of the goodness of their heart, they're doing it for money from the people who watch it, sophie fucking turner has certainly received more from the show than we did, not that people are even really criticising the cast and crew anyway? the solipsistic idiot lol, the blame is pretty much solely being placed on the writers who absolutely deserve it

second, people liked the plot earlier on because it was well done and believable, even the "crazy twists and turns" made plenty of sense in retrospect

a main character didn't have insane plot armour and is executed? holy fuck wasn't expecting that, i guess that's the kind of show this is
main characters assassinated to end a war by some people they'd just recently spurned? holy fuck wasn't expecting that, but makes sense
an arrogant man, drunk on vengeance and distracted, throws a fight he thinks hes already won? holy fuck wasn't expecting that, but once again, makes sense
main characters survive for like 15 minutes in an insane scenario, surrounded by thousands of zombies that just tore through a whole army, with no explanation? yeah fuck off, we already established that isn't the sort of show this is supposed to be
unsullied and dothraki back in full force after being nearly annihilated, with no explanation? yeah fuck off
dany chimping out on women and children without sufficient build up showing how unstable she is? yeah fuck off
drogon, who's been portrayed as essentially a dull, domesticated beast for the entire show suddenly understands the metaphorical significance of the iron throne? yeah fuck off
bran, barely even human, "I can't be lord of anything" stark elected as king without hesitation? yeah fuck off

it went from fleshed out, and refreshingly realistic and internally consistent to an incredibly rushed and illogical flaming hot pile of garbage with dialogue to match

I can't understand why anyone isn't pissed off at the show

This post was edited by Dominate2 on May 22 2019 10:29am
Gold: 4,600.00
May 22 2019 10:30am
Quote (Fej @ May 21 2019 11:36pm)

And House of Cards has two good excuses, 1) Spacey turned out to be a child predator, and 2) the real life story of clown Trump becoming president was way crazier than their fiction.
Gold: 10,025.00
May 22 2019 01:23pm
Quote (Fej @ May 21 2019 10:36pm)

The dbz finale was great.

Himym finale wasn't any worse than the rest of the series.

The GoT finale should be lower.

House of cards doesn't really matter cuz they replaced their main character and had to completely change the story they had in mind.
Gold: 144.33
May 22 2019 08:52pm
Quote (fuzzy159 @ May 21 2019 07:49pm)
What?

How do you know Sansa wouldn't have done the same if Jon was crowned instead of Bran?

She was about the North being separate since S6 no matter who was the King.

As Lord Varys said in episode 4, "A Targaryen father and a Stark mother, Jon's the one man alive that might be able to keep the North in the Seven Kingdoms."

It would have been the only thing that gave it a chance, but yes they have always seen themselves as separate. They have the richest history and people in the South tend to see the North as exile, whereas the Northern folk don't tend to want to travel South or anywhere else.

I'm surprised Dorne didn't remain independent though, with their history of resisting unification.

This post was edited by piatek on May 22 2019 08:59pm
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1100101102103104109Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll