d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > On Non-monogamy And Education
Prev167891023Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 19 2018 11:09am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 11:07am)
I disagree. In my experience men take marriage pretty seriously.

That's why 'no big secret', i.e 'your personal experience', doesn't mean shit in this kind of conversation. You don't speak for all men bud. You have a finite, tiny, portion to pull opinions from. Admittedly in the internet age that personal bubble is larger but as has been discussed before can also be even more homogenous creating skewed views of the opinions of the public at large.

I mean, even if it's just because of marketing women definitely want to get married more.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2018 11:15am
Quote (Thor123422 @ 19 Apr 2018 17:09)
I mean, even if it's just because of marketing women definitely want to get married more.

Possibly a certain kind of woman... But we humans are a diverse species and I'm pretty sure we're moving out of the 'women are home and baby makers' phase of social structure.
My lived experience tells me the opposite but I'm aware that personal experience doesn't necessarily represent larger demographics. So... Hard data beats what you feel is true.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2018 11:25am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 11:07am)

That's why 'no big secret', i.e 'your personal experience', doesn't mean shit in this kind of conversation. You don't speak for all men bud. You have a finite, tiny, portion to pull opinions from. Admittedly in the internet age that personal bubble is larger but as has been discussed before can also be even more homogenous creating skewed views of the opinions of the public at large.

Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 11:15am)
Possibly a certain kind of woman... But we humans are a diverse species and I'm pretty sure we're moving out of the 'women are home and baby makers' phase of social structure.
My lived experience tells me the opposite but I'm aware that personal experience doesn't necessarily represent larger demographics. So... Hard data beats what you feel is true.

"you're wrong because you don't have date, just your personal experience, which is different than my personal experience, so you're wrong."

you seem to be looking for an argument today bud. that men are less willing to be monogamous and are less into commitment/marriage is common knowledge. and is well backed by the hormonal differences between men and women. if you're looking for a good study check out the difference between men-men gay relationships and women-women relationships in terms of marriage, monogamy, and family starting. you'll find out some stuff that's really going to counter whatever tiny sample of beta men and skanks you apparently live in.
Gold: 57.00
Apr 19 2018 11:27am
Quote (Scaly @ 19 Apr 2018 13:07)

>my anecdotal evidence is better than everyone elses’ here combined cuz i joined the aristocracy
Gold: 3.33
Apr 19 2018 11:27am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 19 2018 06:25pm)
"you're wrong because you don't have date, just your personal experience, which is different than my personal experience, so you're wrong."

you seem to be looking for an argument today bud. that men are less willing to be monogamous and are less into commitment/marriage is common knowledge. and is well backed by the hormonal differences between men and women. if you're looking for a good study check out the difference between men-men gay relationships and women-women relationships in terms of marriage, monogamy, and family starting. you'll find out some stuff that's really going to counter whatever tiny sample of beta men and skanks you apparently live in.

You're referring to the population of Norwich, aka that bit of the country no one ever goes to (and for good reason)
Gold: 1,307.69
Apr 19 2018 11:28am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 01:07pm)

Of course my views are influenced by what I can observe of the world and the typical portrayal of men who ‘don’t want to grow-up’, but I went ahead and found some interesting information. The difference is not as important as what I know from my entourage, but there is a disparity for some factors. Your reasons for disagreeing are only based on your personal experience. Maybe men you know are more the marriage type.

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2013/02/13/love-and-marriage/

Men and women overall do not answer differently in rating the priority of a successful marriage to them, but there are differences among young adults, ages 18 to 34. About four-in-ten (39%) young women say that having a successful marriage is “one of the most important things” in their life, compared with about three-in-ten (29%) young men who say so.

But among never-married adults ages 30 to 50, men (27%) are more likely than women (8%) to say they do not want to marry.

Gold: 3.33
Apr 19 2018 11:28am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 19 2018 06:27pm)
>my anecdotal evidence is better than everyone elses’ here combined cuz i joined the aristocracy

lol, good post my friend!
Apr 19 2018 11:30am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 19 2018 11:27am)

hey man, don't pick on lil scales just because he went to sleep every night planning his dream wedding and becoming so infatuated with the women in his class that he filled the inside of his trapper keeper with his last name changed to theirs before ever talking to them.

for real tho, the idea that men are as or more excited to commit to long term relationships is pure poppycock and defies something so settled in culture that it's common knowledge. i'm not card sultan, i dont bother questioning things we figured out 500 years back.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 19 2018 11:31am
Gold: 0.00
Apr 19 2018 11:31am
Quote (thesnipa @ 19 Apr 2018 17:25)

Not what I fucking said. I will restate it in answer to excellence's dumbass post.

Quote (excellence @ 19 Apr 2018 17:27)

I swear to god you're literally dumber than Ghot. In the post you quote I literally stated that personal experience doesn't mean shit in these kind of conversations. My personal experience is the same as anyone else's. Confined to my own personal group of associates.
Apr 19 2018 11:35am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 11:31am)
Not what I fucking said. I will restate it in answer to excellence's dumbass post.

I swear to god you're literally dumber than Ghot. In the post you quote I literally stated that personal experience doesn't mean shit in these kind of conversations. My personal experience is the same as anyone else's. Confined to my own personal group of associates.

that's cool and all but like.....do you live under a rock over there in Norwich? it's a well established meta in music, tv, books, and movies that men are less likely to commit to relationships. so, with that in mind, putting aside whatever bizarro world you grew up in, did you not feel that this established meta was representative of the world at large?

Like if i was touched as a child, and never allowed to go outside. i'd be watching tv and asking "wait, how come the mommy and the daddy dont give their kids that special love"?

like i said, this is common sense stuff. if this is the first exposure to it you have i honestly am speechless. its an established difference between the sexes.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891023Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll