d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > On Non-monogamy And Education
Prev14567823Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 19 2018 09:00am
Quote (dro94 @ 19 Apr 2018 15:07)
Hope her taste for black dick is under control now!

:lol:
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Apr 19 2018 09:01am
Ol toners had his heart broken
Gold: 6.66
Apr 19 2018 09:02am
Quote (Mastersam93 @ Apr 19 2018 05:17am)
Personally, I think schools should try to teach students how to identify and manage emotions in general. Part of that would include relationships.

So yes, I think they should, but as a part of a comprehensive mental/emotional health program.

I agree, friend! Foundational sex education should begin as early as kindergarden, where kids learn about consent as a general concept, and then goes more in depth and becomes sex-specific later in the K - 12 system.
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 19 2018 09:03am
Quote (inkanddagger @ Apr 18 2018 10:28pm)
Not believing in it has zero effect on other people getting laid.

I agree like I said, it's unsustainable for individuals, but as a group it can be successful i suppose. By that same logic me not believing in Russian roulette has no effect on people dying, either. It's true, but i meant i don't believe in it as a personal philosophy where the goal is lifetime involvement. I wouldn't have to say that if it wasn't such a common sentiment for 25-30 year old single men. "I see what my friends have to deal with and I'm never getting trapped," said half in jest half in hope. Why is that a problem? Good question. It's an issue because people all too often end up getting "surprised by love", tinder hookups, work associates, etc. I think this sets up a poor prospect for relationships in which people get into them without the prerequisite desire to find a mate. If both are like this that's fine, but more often than not it leads to a "Oh he was afraid of commitment" breakup at the 1-2 year mark. That's a best case, the worse case is the 50% divorce rate, often after children, which could be somewhat preventable if people were more honest about hopping on the monogamy train.
Apr 19 2018 09:09am
Quote (thesnipa @ Apr 19 2018 07:03am)
I agree like I said, it's unsustainable for individuals, but as a group it can be successful i suppose. By that same logic me not believing in Russian roulette has no effect on people dying, either. It's true, but i meant i don't believe in it as a personal philosophy where the goal is lifetime involvement. I wouldn't have to say that if it wasn't such a common sentiment for 25-30 year old single men. "I see what my friends have to deal with and I'm never getting trapped," said half in jest half in hope. Why is that a problem? Good question. It's an issue because people all too often end up getting "surprised by love", tinder hookups, work associates, etc. I think this sets up a poor prospect for relationships in which people get into them without the prerequisite desire to find a mate. If both are like this that's fine, but more often than not it leads to a "Oh he was afraid of commitment" breakup at the 1-2 year mark. That's a best case, the worse case is the 50% divorce rate, often after children, which could be somewhat preventable if people were more honest about hopping on the monogamy train.

The 50% divorce is even worse since it includes folks that have multiple divorces and those that have no intention of being married, its also heavily skewed towards successful boomer marriages

Its realistically 70%+

/e also fun fact, post internet era divorces are initiated overwhelmingly by female

This post was edited by tonerbond on Apr 19 2018 09:11am
Gold: 119,903.34
Apr 19 2018 09:15am
Schools don't teach morality. If a kid has questions about it , then sure you tell them common sense about how if you universally respect consent/emotions/trust then monogamy or polygamous doesn't matter.

But the priority should just be about teaching safe habits and the education to have access to information about risks and consequences to prevent undesirable outcomes.
Apr 19 2018 09:31am
Quote (tonerbond @ 19 Apr 2018 15:09)
The 50% divorce is even worse since it includes folks that have multiple divorces and those that have no intention of being married, its also heavily skewed towards successful boomer marriages

Its realistically 70%+

/e also fun fact, post internet era divorces are initiated overwhelmingly by female

How would people who have no intention of getting married get divorced? And wouldn't the divorce rate including those who have multiple divorces actually decrease the number of people that get divorced?
Gold: 1,307.69
Apr 19 2018 09:44am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 11:31am)
How would people who have no intention of getting married get divorced? And wouldn't the divorce rate including those who have multiple divorces actually decrease the number of people that get divorced?

A bunch of men end up getting married ‘just cause’. People divorcing twice aren’t counted twice in the stats if it’s based on people who have been divorced/people who have been married instead of number of divorces/number of marriages.
Apr 19 2018 09:49am
Quote (Chainsaw47 @ 19 Apr 2018 15:44)
A bunch of men end up getting married ‘just cause’. People divorcing twice aren’t counted twice in the stats if it’s based on people who have been divorced/people who have been married instead of number of divorces/number of marriages.

'A bunch of men'? Your source for this vague aassertion?
Apr 19 2018 09:51am
Quote (Scaly @ Apr 19 2018 07:31am)

Statistic articles about marriage usually spin multiple divorces as 1 point, while also leaving unmarried folks even though they aren’t even in the market (similar to unemployment stats, if you stop looking for work you’re not unemployed on paper)

Basically picture 100 androgynous people.
25 never want to marry
25 have successful marriages
25 have been divorced once
25 have been in multiple divorces

Articles would report this figure as 50% divorce rate

This post was edited by tonerbond on Apr 19 2018 10:00am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev14567823Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll