d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1261526162617261826192971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Apr 12 2021 08:42pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Apr 12 2021 07:39pm)
We can thank Stephen Harper for the vaccine rollout. We’d have a vaccine manufacturer if he didn’t gut research funding

100% part of the problem.

Just shows the hypocrisy of the political system.

Conservatives always preach self sufficiency then make these kind of the decisions anyways.

Just wish we had someone decent for a change.

Begging other countries for vaccines and taking 3rd rate scraps is not a good look.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 12 2021 08:46pm
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 12 2021 08:56pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ Apr 12 2021 07:32pm)
I don't think there is enough manpower to enforce a full fledged lockdown in all honesty. That is why I don't think it will happen.

I have been limiting my interactions primarily out of respect and concern for the vulnerable cohorts of the population.

Now that an ever growing group of vulnerable is getting vaccinations I can see support for a full blown lockout waning.

Everyone is sick of going to work to keep the economy going while being expected to further restrict our social interactions.

I think allowing group of up to ten to gather with social distancing in mind outside was a calculated compromise. At least I can go camping and enjoy the outdoors with friends/family.

The majority will comply if outside social distancing is an option. A full force lockdown is going to be met with much more resistance and may end up having a more detrimental effect.

Instead of meeting outside with social distancing measures in place you will just have people meeting inside, in secret instead.

Overall I think the population is becoming increasingly infuriated with a pathetic vaccine rollout, contradictory lockdown rules and a lack of clarity throughout this ordeal.

There is very little room for government to ask citizens for more because the general public feels they have been less than acceptable handling this pandemic.

Other than the first two months of the pandemic I haven’t really followed anything because they’re senseless.

I’ve been seeing my same 4-5 good friends almost every weekend since May and at this point they’re not going to stop me.

They’ve lost their chance to do a legitimate lockdown, the only people who will follow that are the people who have been following it to a t.

Like I went to the mall the other day to get something for the first time in the last year.... it was busier than it was pre pandemic but they’re telling me I can go to my friends house or my families?

Yeah they can fuck off

This post was edited by dirTyMan on Apr 12 2021 08:57pm
Gold: 8,732.50
Apr 12 2021 09:36pm
My friends bro's coworker suspected he may have got covid cuz he was close contact. So he isolated and tested negative. However he got sick over the weekend and tested positive.
My friend and his bro asked how long they should isolate to the health official nurse, she said they don't have to.
My friend goes to work, near end of the day, he gets a call from the health official saying that he needs to isolate, and that they have no idea what the other nurse was talking about when they were told they didn't have to.

This is why bc is a joke. That nurse should be fired, at least gtfo of the health official department.

My buddy is feeling fine so far, but his bro has some symptoms. He gonna be pissed if he spread it to his workplace too
Thx nurse

This post was edited by Secksii on Apr 12 2021 09:38pm
Gold: 1,130.00
Apr 13 2021 12:46pm
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 12 2021 11:36pm)
My friends bro's coworker suspected he may have got covid cuz he was close contact. So he isolated and tested negative. However he got sick over the weekend and tested positive.
My friend and his bro asked how long they should isolate to the health official nurse, she said they don't have to.
My friend goes to work, near end of the day, he gets a call from the health official saying that he needs to isolate, and that they have no idea what the other nurse was talking about when they were told they didn't have to.

This is why bc is a joke. That nurse should be fired, at least gtfo of the health official department.

My buddy is feeling fine so far, but his bro has some symptoms. He gonna be pissed if he spread it to his workplace too
Thx nurse

At my work. You can come to work with symptons. But only work. Go straight home. How does that work ?
Communism
Apr 13 2021 01:06pm
Quote (JamFtw @ Apr 13 2021 11:46am)
At my work. You can come to work with symptons. But only work. Go straight home. How does that work ?
Communism

Pretty sure you should report this workers comp
Gold: 17,801.00
Apr 13 2021 08:58pm
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 12 2021 08:36pm)

Thx nurse

That is just brutal......

We had a moron show up to work despite someone living in the same household testing positive....

They went home later that same day with a headache and runny nose. Thankfully it was a negative test. This was someone in a management position too.

Absolutely no sense at all to put everyone at risk like that. We only found out about it after the fact too. There was an attempt to keep us in the dark.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 13 2021 08:59pm
Gold: 1,013.00
Apr 13 2021 09:22pm
My wife's a nurse in a hospital. Last surge of patients in hospitals she was on covid ward.

Am I not allowed to work?
Apr 13 2021 09:35pm
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ Apr 13 2021 08:22pm)
My wife's a nurse in a hospital. Last surge of patients in hospitals she was on covid ward.

Am I not allowed to work?

Technically no you shouldn’t.

And your wife should only go to work and stay at home.
Gold: 2,000.00
Apr 13 2021 10:53pm
the whole government response federally and provincially is a joke

the middle of the road approach doesn't work, either you say fuck it, isolate all the high risk group (seniors, people with heart problems) and let everyone develop herd immunity (with the masses willing to accept the consequences of roughly 2-3% deaths)

or you actually lock down

people bitch about lock downs, but if they had actually shut everything down, shut all of the border down (no banning china and then letting all the sick people from europe and us in), actually test people coming back on flights internationally right from the get go, then we wouldn't be in the mess

even now in bc, i see tons of people walking around with no masks on, or talking on their phone with the mask pulled down so their mouths are exposed

most minorities and younger folks are complying so they mainly all wear masks, but i see a lot of older white people not giving a fuck and just going about not wearing a mask or socially distancing, then complain about all the inconvenience with regards to restaurant restrictions etc

yeah, if we'd just suck it up and did an actual legit 2 or even 3 week lockdown, things would be great, but i recognize that we aren't a totalitarian government and police really won't enforce this, nor is the government willing to plan for it

The cerb rollout was a joke, my brother was like what if people on ei apply for cerb and double dip? I was like that's such an easy fix, just put a filter on to see if person x is already on ei, if yes then reject cerb application. what the did the government do? literally just let everyone who apply get the money then say "hey sorry, if you weren't supposed to get it, can we have it back?" ya good luck with that. There was a CBC article where these retired folks with 3 stay at home bum kids all applied for CERB and was getting 10k a month because of it, the unnamed CRA person said they called to see if they qualify and when they were told no, they asked, "well is there anything that will stop us from getting the money?", no, just ur moral conscience which a a big enough group of people i guess don't have. Good luck getting that money back because it's all gone now, probably another writeoff for the books and taxpayers pay for it

just look at the return to canada hotel rule, its a 15+ hours phone booking wait time, the hotels are garbage and overpriced, and a considerable amount of people just say fuck it and pay the fine because it's cheaper to do so, and right now the positve rates of those people coming back internationally is around 1%

/endrant
Gold: 8,732.50
Apr 13 2021 11:56pm
Quote (badasses @ 13 Apr 2021 21:53)
the whole government response federally and provincially is a joke

the middle of the road approach doesn't work, either you say fuck it, isolate all the high risk group (seniors, people with heart problems) and let everyone develop herd immunity (with the masses willing to accept the consequences of roughly 2-3% deaths)

or you actually lock down

people bitch about lock downs, but if they had actually shut everything down, shut all of the border down (no banning china and then letting all the sick people from europe and us in), actually test people coming back on flights internationally right from the get go, then we wouldn't be in the mess

even now in bc, i see tons of people walking around with no masks on, or talking on their phone with the mask pulled down so their mouths are exposed

most minorities and younger folks are complying so they mainly all wear masks, but i see a lot of older white people not giving a fuck and just going about not wearing a mask or socially distancing, then complain about all the inconvenience with regards to restaurant restrictions etc

yeah, if we'd just suck it up and did an actual legit 2 or even 3 week lockdown, things would be great, but i recognize that we aren't a totalitarian government and police really won't enforce this, nor is the government willing to plan for it

The cerb rollout was a joke, my brother was like what if people on ei apply for cerb and double dip? I was like that's such an easy fix, just put a filter on to see if person x is already on ei, if yes then reject cerb application. what the did the government do? literally just let everyone who apply get the money then say "hey sorry, if you weren't supposed to get it, can we have it back?" ya good luck with that. There was a CBC article where these retired folks with 3 stay at home bum kids all applied for CERB and was getting 10k a month because of it, the unnamed CRA person said they called to see if they qualify and when they were told no, they asked, "well is there anything that will stop us from getting the money?", no, just ur moral conscience which a a big enough group of people i guess don't have. Good luck getting that money back because it's all gone now, probably another writeoff for the books and taxpayers pay for it

just look at the return to canada hotel rule, its a 15+ hours phone booking wait time, the hotels are garbage and overpriced, and a considerable amount of people just say fuck it and pay the fine because it's cheaper to do so, and right now the positve rates of those people coming back internationally is around 1%

/endrant

Yep been saying it for years, we always half ass things. Like there's no actual plan. No balls, to pick a decision and stick with it.
Half ass decisions on road work, half ass decisions on city shit, basically wasting a lot of our tax budget on useless things.

The Canada 3 day quarantine in hotel is a joke too, like wtf does 3 days do exactly? All other countries do 14 days. If you don't like it, don't travel? If you can't afford it, don't travel. If there was a full lock down, you will just accept that and not travel. But since it's half assed, you cry.

Also someone spent 1.5k in Toronto hotel following the half ass gov rules, he ended up positive anyway and infected his entire family.
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/man-who-spent-1-500-to-stay-at-toronto-quarantine-hotel-got-covid-19-anyway-infected-whole-family-1.5383988

Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1261526162617261826192971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll