d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1261626172618261926202971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 255.11
Apr 14 2021 04:40am
give it to everyone, purge the weakling

Success
Gold: 10,995.01
Apr 14 2021 05:02am
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 14 2021 01:56am)
Yep been saying it for years, we always half ass things. Like there's no actual plan. No balls, to pick a decision and stick with it.
Half ass decisions on road work, half ass decisions on city shit, basically wasting a lot of our tax budget on useless things.

The Canada 3 day quarantine in hotel is a joke too, like wtf does 3 days do exactly? All other countries do 14 days. If you don't like it, don't travel? If you can't afford it, don't travel. If there was a full lock down, you will just accept that and not travel. But since it's half assed, you cry.

Also someone spent 1.5k in Toronto hotel following the half ass gov rules, he ended up positive anyway and infected his entire family.
https://www.cp24.com/mobile/news/man-who-spent-1-500-to-stay-at-toronto-quarantine-hotel-got-covid-19-anyway-infected-whole-family-1.5383988

could have been a false negative
and doest it take a week or two to get symptoms?his family was in full blown covid 5 days later?im wondering if he family was already infected the timeline seems kinda borderline for him getting it at the hotel
they also mention that he has a bad immune system so if his family had it for like a week leading up to him coming back and then going home he would likely get symptoms quicker then the rest if he did get it from them

i thought it was supposed to be a 1 week hotel quarantine did they recently change it? i feel like 1 week in the hotel coulda prevented this unless another family member of his is the one that infected everybody
but this is why there should be no travel if he doesnt travel this isnt an issue problem solved

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 14 2021 05:21am
Gold: 8,732.50
Apr 14 2021 06:43am
Quote (dragoneth @ 14 Apr 2021 04:02)
could have been a false negative
and doest it take a week or two to get symptoms?his family was in full blown covid 5 days later?im wondering if he family was already infected the timeline seems kinda borderline for him getting it at the hotel
they also mention that he has a bad immune system so if his family had it for like a week leading up to him coming back and then going home he would likely get symptoms quicker then the rest if he did get it from them

i thought it was supposed to be a 1 week hotel quarantine did they recently change it? i feel like 1 week in the hotel coulda prevented this unless another family member of his is the one that infected everybody
but this is why there should be no travel if he doesnt travel this isnt an issue problem solved

If it was 14 days, he would've tested positive eventually and he wouldnt have fucked his entire family but yeah get rekt for 3 day bs and still do nothing but spread to his fam
Gold: 10,995.01
Apr 14 2021 06:54am
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 14 2021 08:43am)
If it was 14 days, he would've tested positive eventually and he wouldnt have fucked his entire family but yeah get rekt for 3 day bs and still do nothing but spread to his fam

i think by the wording it might be a longer stay based on the results but he got his test back negative and then was "cleared to go home" and self quarantine by the sounds of it
was the test wrong or did he really get it from the hotel is the question i guess but it says the hotel is refusing to answer any questions so maybe there was a lot of cases from there lol
if the test can be wrong they should have to have multiple negative tests just to be sure before being cleared and if he testes negative why is he self quarantining at home and sent a test to do on day 10?

so much that doesnt make sense i guess it really is a broken system lol
pretty sure the nhl has the multiple negative tests rule before returning to play why the fuck are we not doing it for returning travelers

This post was edited by dragoneth on Apr 14 2021 06:55am
Gold: 17,801.00
Apr 14 2021 08:03am
Quote (badasses @ Apr 13 2021 09:53pm)
the whole government response federally and provincially is a joke

the middle of the road approach doesn't work, either you say fuck it, isolate all the high risk group (seniors, people with heart problems) and let everyone develop herd immunity (with the masses willing to accept the consequences of roughly 2-3% deaths)

or you actually lock down

people bitch about lock downs, but if they had actually shut everything down, shut all of the border down (no banning china and then letting all the sick people from europe and us in), actually test people coming back on flights internationally right from the get go, then we wouldn't be in the mess

even now in bc, i see tons of people walking around with no masks on, or talking on their phone with the mask pulled down so their mouths are exposed

most minorities and younger folks are complying so they mainly all wear masks, but i see a lot of older white people not giving a fuck and just going about not wearing a mask or socially distancing, then complain about all the inconvenience with regards to restaurant restrictions etc

yeah, if we'd just suck it up and did an actual legit 2 or even 3 week lockdown, things would be great, but i recognize that we aren't a totalitarian government and police really won't enforce this, nor is the government willing to plan for it

The cerb rollout was a joke, my brother was like what if people on ei apply for cerb and double dip? I was like that's such an easy fix, just put a filter on to see if person x is already on ei, if yes then reject cerb application. what the did the government do? literally just let everyone who apply get the money then say "hey sorry, if you weren't supposed to get it, can we have it back?" ya good luck with that. There was a CBC article where these retired folks with 3 stay at home bum kids all applied for CERB and was getting 10k a month because of it, the unnamed CRA person said they called to see if they qualify and when they were told no, they asked, "well is there anything that will stop us from getting the money?", no, just ur moral conscience which a a big enough group of people i guess don't have. Good luck getting that money back because it's all gone now, probably another writeoff for the books and taxpayers pay for it

just look at the return to canada hotel rule, its a 15+ hours phone booking wait time, the hotels are garbage and overpriced, and a considerable amount of people just say fuck it and pay the fine because it's cheaper to do so, and right now the positve rates of those people coming back internationally is around 1%

/endrant

Furthermore you were allowed to have supplemented earnings up to $1000 a month while on Cerb. So you had people quit there full time jobs and get part time jobs. If you were a lower wage earner you got more money with CERB + part time work then you did with a full time job.

It is not something you were supposed to do, but like you said they just let everyone apply without questioning anything so that is what happened in a lot of cases too. Down the road a lot of the abusers will be caught. The thing is a lot of them are lazy deadbeats. They won't have the teams to pay the money back anyways.

The people who have their shit together will have to pay for the cheating deadbeats in the end due to government incompetence. Such a joke.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 14 2021 08:06am
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 14 2021 08:11am
Quote (Killingyouall @ Apr 14 2021 07:03am)
Furthermore you were allowed to have supplemented earnings up to $1000 a month while on Cerb. So you had people quit there full time jobs and get part time jobs. If you were a lower wage earner you got more money with CERB + part time work then you did with a full time job.

It is not something you were supposed to do, but like you said they just let everyone apply without questioning anything so that is what happened in a lot of cases too. Down the road a lot of the abusers will be caught. The thing is a lot of them are lazy deadbeats. They won't have the teams to pay the money back anyways.

The people who have their shit together will have to pay for the cheating deadbeats in the end due to government incompetence. Such a joke.

They could easily recoup their losses but saying they owe it at tax time, or just take it off their monthly welfare checks
Gold: 1,013.00
Apr 14 2021 08:12am
Quote (dirTyMan @ Apr 13 2021 09:35pm)
Technically no you shouldn’t.

And your wife should only go to work and stay at home.

But I'm essential too!
And making Hella money with new job now.
Gold: 27,914.53
Apr 14 2021 08:56am
I probably cashed 500-750k worth of cerb chqs for street people that never had a job prior to covid in the first 3-4months of rollout. Just saying.

Can’t even imagine victoria or vancouver lol

This post was edited by Darksern on Apr 14 2021 08:56am
Gold: 1,013.00
Apr 14 2021 08:58am
Rip. And we'll all be paying it back over our lifetimes
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 14 2021 09:51am
Quote (Subzer0isGG @ Apr 14 2021 07:12am)
But I'm essential too!
And making Hella money with new job now.

Doesn’t matter. You could be bringing Covid to work everyday since you’re in contact with someone who is in contact with covid.

Do better.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1261626172618261926202971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll