d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > New! Official Off-topic Off-hockey Thread
Prev1261426152616261726182971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,130.00
Apr 12 2021 04:22pm
Quote (Meatstick @ Apr 12 2021 12:47pm)
Well yeah obviously that would be best, but unfortunately half the population would cry about their "liberties" and not comply

I'm not going to deny that the government has been wishy washy with their restrictions and it could have been handled better, but it's more on the Provincial Gov's and less on Federal. At this point we just need to hold out until our population is vaccinated

Just chiming in.
Lockdowns are a joke. Every factory is exempt from the restrictions. Why lock down other people that contribute to covid less ?
Stop destroying peoples lives further
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 12 2021 04:31pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Apr 12 2021 02:26pm)
how do you guys feel about the sports postponing games every time a black person gets shot by a cop?

i personally feel like they shouldnt get involved tsn literally just interviewed a guy who was like " another black man died to police brutality i havnt seen the video or anything "
dude hasnt even seen the video and hes 100% sure it was police brutality just cause the guys black and hes putting that shit on live tv so hes probably somebody with some influence or place of power

and why is it only every time they get shot by a cop? and not when its black on black crime or just some random dude shot by anybody not a cop? they dont postpone games when a black person gets shot and dies in the army
why only black people? not whites japanese italians mexicans ect ect they say were all racist yet they literally go out of their way to put black people over everybody else in the name of racism but that itself is kinda racist cause non racist people consider everybody equal

I don’t watch sports other than golf anymore.

The absurd virtue signaling hasn’t helped bring me back.

I want my entertainment apolitical.

I tried to watching coming 2 America and had to turn it off within ten minutes as it was non stop virtue signalling.

Incredible cast but yet terrible moving due to annoying divisive talking points
Gold: 4,000.00
Apr 12 2021 04:39pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Apr 12 2021 04:31pm)

I tried to watching coming 2 America and had to turn it off within ten minutes as it was non stop virtue signalling.

So what you’re trying to say is you were triggered
Gold: 3,375.01
Apr 12 2021 04:50pm
Quote (StayPositive @ Apr 12 2021 03:39pm)
So what you’re trying to say is you were triggered

100%

Gold: 3,503.06
Apr 12 2021 06:11pm
Quote (dragoneth @ Apr 12 2021 02:26pm)
how do you guys feel about the sports postponing games every time a black person gets shot by a cop?

i personally feel like they shouldnt get involved tsn literally just interviewed a guy who was like " another black man died to police brutality i havnt seen the video or anything "
dude hasnt even seen the video and hes 100% sure it was police brutality just cause the guys black and hes putting that shit on live tv so hes probably somebody with some influence or place of power

and why is it only every time they get shot by a cop? and not when its black on black crime or just some random dude shot by anybody not a cop? they dont postpone games when a black person gets shot and dies in the army
why only black people? not whites japanese italians mexicans ect ect they say were all racist yet they literally go out of their way to put black people over everybody else in the name of racism but that itself is kinda racist cause non racist people consider everybody equal

Fuckin Oof. :blink:
Gold: 0.90
Apr 12 2021 07:31pm
Quote (JamFtw @ 12 Apr 2021 18:22)
Just chiming in.
Lockdowns are a joke. Every factory is exempt from the restrictions. Why lock down other people that contribute to covid less ?
Stop destroying peoples lives further

You’re not wrong. There definitely needs to be financial support for frontline workers, factory workers, etc.

Paid sick leave would go a long way so people can actually stay home when they’re sick. A lot of finger pointing goes to parties and younger people for spreading, when the majority of people who are getting hit are those who can’t afford to miss work. The lockdown can be perceived as a joke because it’s not being treated consistently across the board

This post was edited by Meatstick on Apr 12 2021 07:33pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Apr 12 2021 07:51pm
Quote (dirTyMan @ Apr 12 2021 03:31pm)

Those days are gone sadly. It really pisses me off..... Cant watch anything without being bombarded.

The hypocrisy is what bothers me the most. Preach inclusiveness, tolerance and respect for all if you follow the narrative. Disagree in the slightest and get shit on.

It is their way or no way.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 12 2021 07:52pm
Apr 12 2021 08:32pm
Quote (Toshster @ Apr 12 2021 06:44am)
BC dudes.
Buddy of mine knows someone who works for the provincial gov't in Victoria, says there's a lot of "full Ontario style lock down" talk around.

Nos obviously nothing has been said to the public and it's definitely just the rumour mill, but any of y'all think it's gonna happen?

I don't think there is enough manpower to enforce a full fledged lockdown in all honesty. That is why I don't think it will happen.

I have been limiting my interactions primarily out of respect and concern for the vulnerable cohorts of the population.

Now that an ever growing group of vulnerable is getting vaccinations I can see support for a full blown lockout waning.

Everyone is sick of going to work to keep the economy going while being expected to further restrict our social interactions.

I think allowing group of up to ten to gather with social distancing in mind outside was a calculated compromise. At least I can go camping and enjoy the outdoors with friends/family.

The majority will comply if outside social distancing is an option. A full force lockdown is going to be met with much more resistance and may end up having a more detrimental effect.

Instead of meeting outside with social distancing measures in place you will just have people meeting inside, in secret instead.

Overall I think the population is becoming increasingly infuriated with a pathetic vaccine rollout, contradictory lockdown rules and a lack of clarity throughout this ordeal.

There is very little room for government to ask citizens for more because the general public feels they have been less than acceptable handling this pandemic.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Apr 12 2021 08:33pm
Gold: 0.90
Apr 12 2021 08:39pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 12 Apr 2021 22:32)
I don't think there is enough manpower to enforce a full fledged lockdown in all honesty. That is why I don't think it will happen.

I have been limiting my interactions primarily out of respect and concern for the vulnerable cohorts of the population.

Now that an ever growing group of vulnerable is getting vaccinations I can see support for a full blown lockout waning.

Everyone is sick of going to work to keep the economy going while being expected to further restrict our social interactions.

I think allowing group of up to ten to gather with social distancing in mind outside was a calculated compromise. At least I can go camping and enjoy the outdoors with friends/family.

The majority will comply if outside social distancing is an option. A full force lockdown is going to be met with much more resistance and may end up having a more detrimental effect.

Instead of meeting outside with social distancing measures in place you will just have people meeting inside, in secret instead.

Overall I think the population is becoming increasingly infuriated with a pathetic vaccine rollout, contradictory lockdown rules and a lack of clarity throughout this ordeal.

There is very little room for government to ask citizens for more because the general public feels they have been less than acceptable handling this pandemic.

We can thank Stephen Harper for the vaccine rollout. We’d have a vaccine manufacturer if he didn’t gut research funding
Apr 12 2021 08:40pm
Quote (Secksii @ Apr 12 2021 09:49am)
It should. The half assed rules to half assed ppl in bc isn't working, a full lockdown is the only answer. They can cry cuz they're the cause of it. My sis in law is a nurse, and the Icu's are full, they're using other rooms to accommodate patients now and she says it's similar to the first wave last time before a lockdown.

It really infuriates me. At one point cases were ~ 20-30 a day. We almost had it beat then let of the gas. Rules got relaxed. People stopped caring. Travel started opening up again etc.....

We were in position to deal with this early on but let it slip away. Now we are paying the price.

A full fledged lockdown at the start was the answer.

Many will be too impatient to sacrifice another summer so I don't think increased restrictions will even work at this point.

There was too many botches. From selfish people to incompetent decision making from those in power and a failed vaccine rollout.

Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1261426152616261726182971Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll