d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Zombie Dogs Spammer!
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 212.00
Aug 25 2012 07:42am
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 09:30am)
Manitou is single target so not really that good.
My point is, skill that wipes whole screen of really easy monsters fast, because dogs need multiple detonations since they have "only" 12y aoe.
I'm not using bad medicine, not dr passive.
With this build are are forced to use 2: one that gives 1 more dog, and one that reduces cd by 25% (unless you have 2 perf unique rings with cd reduction and amulet, than maybe could skip this, but probably not worth to sacrifice so many items slots, as unique rings are usually crap).
So you are left with 1 passive, usually it is either pierce the veil, constant 20% damage bonus, or gruesome feast.
Damage is important, especially if you go co-op games. Not as fun to recast dogs 50x to kill superunique. Imo good goal is to hit 100k dps with this spec, that should blow up elites in single player game in 1-2 sacrifices, and do really well in co op, taking them in 3-4 hits.

Not fun to recast dogs 50x to kill superuniques?
Nothing in the game deals as much damage as fast spamming bomb dogs
Regardless of your build

and Bad Medicine is just as good as your character gaining another miscellaneous 20% damage reduction (which stacks with the passive version mind you)
These two skills together allow a cheap ass WD build to waltz through inferno, np

Higher end WDs don't neccesarily need these at all however and there are better damage output options

Gold: 0.00
Aug 25 2012 07:48am
For cheap setup sure, but my goal is not really build a cheap char to beat inferno, I want build that can dominate 4 player game. Even dogs, if you go with 30-40k dps are not that impressive, you are taking 1/10 of elite hp per detonation, just takes long to kill. Skill that deals most dps in the game becomes even better if you focus on getting more dps.
And I'm not talking about glass cannon setup, survival of course comes first.
Aug 25 2012 11:09am
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 08:30am)
Manitou is single target so not really that good.
My point is, skill that wipes whole screen of really easy monsters fast, because dogs need multiple detonations since they have "only" 12y aoe.
I'm not using bad medicine, not dr passive.
With this build are are forced to use 2: one that gives 1 more dog, and one that reduces cd by 25% (unless you have 2 perf unique rings with cd reduction and amulet, than maybe could skip this, but probably not worth to sacrifice so many items slots, as unique rings are usually crap).
So you are left with 1 passive, usually it is either pierce the veil, constant 20% damage bonus, or gruesome feast.
Damage is important, especially if you go co-op games. Not as fun to recast dogs 50x to kill superunique. Imo good goal is to hit 100k dps with this spec, that should blow up elites in single player game in 1-2 sacrifices, and do really well in co op, taking them in 3-4 hits.

Sounds like you're honing in on a working version of this that's fairly optimized, so I of course defer to you. But look at it this way: the whole reason this build looks promising is that you can reduce the cooldown ~0 seconds, which makes it spammable. If you just 1-shot everything, what's the point of even reducing the cooldown in the first place?

Seems to me like there's lots of stuff that synergizes with the ability to rapidly cast dogs as fast as possible. I think a build that has very high Aps would scale better than very high Dps, because there's some static benefit (either life, mana, health globes, w/e) to each sacrifice.

Aug 25 2012 01:11pm
Spamming this skill in melee indeed is the ultimate goal, works pretty much like medium range 1100% damage nova around character. I tried spec with grave injustice, and just run around with spirit walk, inside big crowd packs, explode dogs instantly, reset cooldown on spirit walk and continue. Madness. Of course that stops if elites need multiple hits to kill.
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Aug 25 2012 01:37pm
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 07:11pm)
Spamming this skill in melee indeed is the ultimate goal, works pretty much like medium range 1100% damage nova around character. I tried spec with grave injustice, and just run around with spirit walk, inside big crowd packs, explode dogs instantly, reset cooldown on spirit walk and continue. Madness. Of course that stops if elites need multiple hits to kill.

you also heal party, like madniss
party love this wd

it not realy stops when elite comes, since cooldown 1.75sec allow dogs to be spammed insane!
i am at cooldown 1.75sec also now!

if 1-shot everything, you not realy need dog-health globes!

best aps for 1.75sec cooldown = 0.875 per attck animation = 1.14aps (like a 1hand-spear!)
but ofc, endgoal = fastests dagger+alot of ias gear + 0-0.75sec sec cooldown
i am not stacking dps alot, only vita+health globe bonus!
sadly they fixxed the old bug! the life on kill bug, that was used on hydra-recast/mistic ally recast, would be even sicker, if that still worked!
its becoming a little OP atm, not hope they nerv it soon!

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 25 2012 01:50pm
Aug 25 2012 02:42pm
there is mara at eu rmah with 5s cooldown reduced, but stats are crap so meh

As for if it is op.. well. If you compare it to let's say tornado barb with decent gear.. you could have invicible wd, that deals billion damage, and it still would suck compared to barb, because you can't travel that fast across the map.

This post was edited by ae1337 on Aug 25 2012 02:46pm
Aug 25 2012 03:04pm
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 08:42pm)
there is mara at eu rmah with 5s cooldown reduced, but stats are crap so meh

As for if it is op.. well. If you compare it to let's say tornado barb with decent gear.. you could have invicible wd, that deals billion damage, and it still would suck compared to barb, because you can't travel that fast across the map.

i seen it!
i almost buy it
but when i was resurching pay methodes, i realised my 13year old coussin was getting into huge trobles couse the rmah!
he was telling to me he gets all nice gifts from frends, but he took his mam's creditcard and shopped for 200 euro of gear last month! he was getting edicted to it!
a big reason for me to not use the rmah! and also, patiance and low budget, is more my stile!
yesterday someone shopped the 3 sec skull grasp ring on rmah, i almost tink it was you!?

about travelspeed, ofc spirit walks adds tiny, but alot of 1.04legendarys have travelspeed atm!
what is tris crazy 25%travel speed gear cap i hear about? is blizzard so crazy to put a cap on it, but also make alot frw legendarys?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/7029347/Patch_104_Now_Live-8_21_2012
monk
•Fleet Footed•Movement speed bonus no longer counts toward the 25% movement speed increase cap

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 25 2012 03:08pm
Aug 25 2012 03:05pm
yeah now you need like 12 movement boots + one unique with 12 and you are set

Btw im trying to play with gargantuan now, that legendary offhand also reduces its cooldown by near 20s (after passive it is 25s minimum).
I was wondering about two runes, the one with enrage (restless giant) and the one with 15s duration (wrathful protector). It seems that if the enraged one enrages, and then you recast it, it can enrage again at next elitepack, no need to wait 120s. With this mechanics, who will ever use the 15s duration version? Not only it seems worse than enrage guy (deals less damage), but you can just recast other one. You still have normal gargantuan between enrages, with with wrathful protector you have nothing. Or there is some other advantage of that 3rd rune that I'm missing?
Quite fun to see when gargantuan kills goblin solo btw.

This post was edited by ae1337 on Aug 25 2012 03:11pm
Aug 25 2012 03:23pm
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 09:05pm)
yeah now you need like 12 movement boots + one unique with 12 and you are set

Btw im trying to play with gargantuan now, that legendary offhand also reduces its cooldown by near 20s (after passive it is 25s minimum).
I was wondering about two runes, the one with enrage (restless giant) and the one with 15s duration (wrathful protector). It seems that if the enraged one enrages, and then you recast it, it can enrage again at next elitepack, no need to wait 120s. With this mechanics, who will ever use the 15s duration version? Not only it seems worse than enrage guy (deals less damage), but you can just recast other one. You still have normal gargantuan between enrages, with with wrathful protector you have nothing. Or there is some other advantage of that 3rd rune that I'm missing?
Quite fun to see when gargantuan kills goblin solo btw.

i use the restless gargantuan myself!
not realy need monsters to be knockbacked, and i like a gargantuan up at all times, since he is kinda the tank!
and yes, ''enraged'' is dam nice, at this point his monster-agro get huge! and vs elites, you respam him, just after the enrage ends, allow a 30sec enrage
yes, sometimes, it takes me more then 15sec to kill some, but i mostly do multiplayer/prefere tank above dps, on low budget, like mentioned before
in my eyes, the only other option rune is the last rune, the stun rune (bruiser)
since i nn big stinker LoH proccing, this is not a LoH bild!
big stinker is nice for when go sleep, and put on goldskin+take away all damage, and pick up gold when awake, (not tested it myself yet, but i hear about 30k gold in 20 min, when afk!)

Quote (napsterz0r @ Aug 25 2012 09:27pm)
theres no reason why should this be nerfed , we are the lower class at the moment anyway

then your doing someting wrong m8!
1force armor-zombie dog can tank act4 molten plague elite packs for 24/7, if use fierce loyalty+repl gear, even whitout this secrafice bild itself! i consider that already to OP
but yes, again it would be stupit if they nerv it, since they just buffed it!

This post was edited by Tommyvv on Aug 25 2012 03:33pm
Aug 25 2012 03:27pm
theres no reason why should this be nerfed , we are the lower class at the moment anyway
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev167891013Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll