d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > Zombie Dogs Spammer!
Prev15678913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 900.00
Aug 24 2012 08:44pm
Quote (Tommyvv @ Aug 24 2012 11:11pm)

blizzard is failling again!
if i type 11k health globes in the AH
they list all lower health globe
same like the old life per spirit spent AH fail!
who needs 6 item stats surch, if they fail 1 item stats surch!

Yeah that was the one stat I was anticipating their 5-digit filters for. And now that is bugged lol.
I usually sort it after defense and look at the pictures because only ilvl63 items can have those crazy 10k+ stats.
Gold: 0.00
Aug 25 2012 01:38am
Is there a reason that you're not using pride? Because then spawning dogs / sacrificing them is net positive for more than 800 mana... which is enough for spamming huge stuff with no cooldown, like bears, spirit barrage, bats or acid cloud. If you have 0s cooldown then you can just recharge mana at ~800 mana /second whenever you want. That seems pretty ridiculous.
Aug 25 2012 02:12am
imo the next of kin is not worth it with no cooldown or very short cooldown, because it is not worth to blow up 1-2 dogs, better recast and detonate whole 4

I got 1.75s timer now, and with not much ias gear, and 1.2 speed spear, i can spam it, before my cast animations are done, i can recast new dogs. So if i get the cooldown even lower, I wold need to work on ias.

Quote (SebsHere @ Aug 25 2012 07:38am)
Is there a reason that you're not using pride? Because then spawning dogs / sacrificing them is net positive for more than 800 mana... which is enough for spamming huge stuff with no cooldown, like bears, spirit barrage, bats or acid cloud. If you have 0s cooldown then you can just recharge mana at ~800 mana /second whenever you want. That seems pretty ridiculous.

there is a readon, bears are much weaker, than 1100% damage dogs cast at your cast speed limit pretty much
much more damage

i think in solo game, you can one shot most elitepacks and two shot all if you hit around 100k dps

This post was edited by ae1337 on Aug 25 2012 02:17am
Gold: 1,586.70
Aug 25 2012 04:05am
Quote (Tommyvv @ 25 Aug 2012 00:06)
thouse purple dogs looks even more evil!
just tested it, and yes, the globes are even picked up when not moving
another witch doctor pick-up-radius bonus
you can stack this to 120k life gained per globe!/56pickup gards

this bild is getting a nice endgoal!

we are talking 100k life heal per sec!
its getting better every minute of teoriecraft/reading/testing!

ah drat, this looks more epic then my Rain of Toad + Gidbinn + Fetish Sycophants build
Gold: 58.65
Aug 25 2012 05:42am
Quote (xis10ce @ Aug 23 2012 04:40pm)
It'll cost you a fortune but there are 5 Legendaries (as far as I can tell with a quick bit of research) that reduce the summon timer of Zombie Dogs

Homunculus: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/homunculus 10-20 seconds
SoJ: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/stone-of-jordan 1-8 seconds
Skull Grasp: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/skull-grasp 1-7 seconds
Mara's: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/maras-kaleidoscope 1-8 seconds
Visage of Giyua: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/visage-of-giyua 1-9 seconds

Any better alternatives than the ones above?

Gold: 212.00
Aug 25 2012 05:53am
Quote (ButtPirate7 @ Aug 24 2012 10:22pm)
you should get rid of your D2 curse skill avatar then.  Diablo is about OP builds.  You sound like a WoW nerd faggot LOL

Said by a man named *ButtPirate* who likes to troll gamer forums, none the less

But yeah Tommy, bomber builds are extremely powerful right now
I made a Witch Doctor and walked right through Inferno no problem at all
Fast Bomber spam = Tank & Damage

Bet you it gets nerfed in a hurry though
Aug 25 2012 06:39am
Im getting more upgrades, 70k dps now, char becomes better. 65k hp, 600 all res, 7k armor with horrify. It can tank most elites in melee in a3 inferno.

Tested "for the master" vs :provoke the pack".
6k life for dog is very nice indeed, in addition to globes they drop, but at some point it is just not needed. Also it requires from you very high resist, and rather lower health pool, to utilize +x flat healing. Health globes in the other hand don't care, and you can aim for 100k health np, instead of massive resists. So, it is viable, but not needed.

Also at the point where gear is good, you don't really need grasp of the dead.
Bears cost way too much mana (unless you use sacrifice with mana per dog), but it is overall not good synergy on a build with slow attack and as powerful base hit for sacrifice as possible. I'm thinking some skill that damage over time, so no need to spam it.
First rune of acid cloud is amazing vs trash, 24y huge aoe, one shots everything, not spammed mana is not problem.
This build needs some skill to burn mana, cause if you run with just dogs, mana is wasted. Some aoe vs trash would be ideal to fill the missing part, cause as I said earlier, dogs are not that great vs very large spread out packs, and need many detonations to clear easy rooms, due to limited range.

This post was edited by ae1337 on Aug 25 2012 06:40am
Gold: 212.00
Aug 25 2012 07:00am
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 08:39am)
Im getting more upgrades, 70k dps now, char becomes better. 65k hp, 600 all res, 7k armor with horrify. It can tank most elites in melee in a3 inferno.

6k life for dog is very nice indeed, in addition to globes they drop, but at some point it is just not needed. Also it requires from you very high resist, and rather lower health pool, to utilize +x flat healing. Health globes in the other hand don't care, and you can aim for 100k health np, instead of massive resists. So, it is viable, but not needed.

Bears cost way too much mana (unless you use sacrifice with mana per dog), but it is overall not good synergy on a build with slow attack and as powerful base hit for sacrifice as possible. I'm thinking some skill that damage over time, so no need to spam it.
First rune of acid cloud is amazing vs trash, 24y huge aoe, one shots everything, not spammed mana is not problem.
This build needs some skill to burn mana, cause if you run with just dogs, mana is wasted. Some aoe vs trash would be ideal to fill the missing part, cause as I said earlier, dogs are not that great vs very large spread out packs, and need many detonations to clear easy rooms, due to limited range.

Poison Cloud + First Rune is for spamming Bad Medicine
Basically it's a monster de-buff + decent AoE damage
The only time I don't have this on my skill bar is vs bosses

This post was edited by Habakkuk22 on Aug 25 2012 07:02am
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Aug 25 2012 07:16am
Quote (ae1337 @ Aug 25 2012 12:39pm)

for the dot, try the minitour, it get a huge damage buff since 1.04, however i not realy think you need more dps skills then secrafice and gargantuan
i like for the master, couse it instant heals, and the globes will heal like 1sec after secrafice, so you get heals between the health globe heals, for a more steady heal income
sometimes you simply loose 100k life in 1 sec, and the 24k heal between the health globe heals helps verry nice then
but ofc, i not yet have 70k dps, so i gess you get alot more heal globes from the kills you make between the dog-health-globe drops

i use the 10% chance to create health globe/dogs rune on grasp
i am not realy a dps lover, i prefere to face-tank all in multiplayer games!
i am testing/using this skill setup atm! but considering a alternative passive for circle of heal
posible i even consider a more tanky skill then grasp, survival whitout kills!
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZUVYdT!Zdh!bcYZYZ

my cossin is make a simular wd, and we soon spam heath globes all over the place !
Aug 25 2012 07:30am
Manitou is single target so not really that good.
My point is, skill that wipes whole screen of really easy monsters fast, because dogs need multiple detonations since they have "only" 12y aoe.
I'm not using bad medicine, not dr passive.
With this build are are forced to use 2: one that gives 1 more dog, and one that reduces cd by 25% (unless you have 2 perf unique rings with cd reduction and amulet, than maybe could skip this, but probably not worth to sacrifice so many items slots, as unique rings are usually crap).
So you are left with 1 passive, usually it is either pierce the veil, constant 20% damage bonus, or gruesome feast.
Damage is important, especially if you go co-op games. Not as fun to recast dogs 50x to kill superunique. Imo good goal is to hit 100k dps with this spec, that should blow up elites in single player game in 1-2 sacrifices, and do really well in co op, taking them in 3-4 hits.
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Prev15678913Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll