d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Hockey > Official Vancouver Canucks Fan Thread > We're All Canucks
Prev1745746747748749870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,801.00
Jun 26 2021 10:23am
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 26 2021 08:47am)
seems like Edler will be back, Canucks called his agent yesterday. Started a template, expect the announcement to be after the seattle expansion draft.

His footspeed heavily declined this season, but he was still solid, and was relied heavily as a shutdown pair with Schmidt. Sucks the Canucks do not have anyone ready to take over his minutes.

I hope it's under 3m/yr. It would be awesome if he sign's 1yr/1mil til he finally hangs it up, but i highly doubt that lol. If he signs for like 2.5m/yr, i'll be happy. It shows how much lack of depth we got in the backend considering he is still doing the heavy lifting, when he should be mentoring and playing 3rd pairing at this stage.

I think he will take a team friendly deal.

Would not be surprised if it is for 2 million on a one year deal.

He is not going anywhere else at this stage in his career and I don't see him being the kind of guy that is going to try to squeeze the Canucks for every cent against the cap.

I agree though. A 35 year old d-man in decline being relied upon so heavily is a tell tale sign the Canucks are not looking solid on the back end.
Gold: 8,732.50
Jun 26 2021 10:55am
Quote (Killingyouall @ 26 Jun 2021 09:23)
I think he will take a team friendly deal.

Would not be surprised if it is for 2 million on a one year deal.

He is not going anywhere else at this stage in his career and I don't see him being the kind of guy that is going to try to squeeze the Canucks for every cent against the cap.

I agree though. A 35 year old d-man in decline being relied upon so heavily is a tell tale sign the Canucks are not looking solid on the back end.

I don't see him trying to squeeze the Canucks for every cent either, but i also don't see him taking a super discount, while playing tough minutes that he does.

If the team looked ready to compete like (next season) maybe he would, but idk if he would go through the grind for another year when there's like 20m of dead cap this season.

Hopefully im wrong, and he signs 2m/1yr that would be awesome.
Jun 30 2021 01:28pm
Scott wheelers latest mock draft

Yeee bring him back to Coquitlam

This post was edited by Secksii on Jun 30 2021 01:29pm
Gold: 2,647.74
Jul 1 2021 01:19pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jun 30 2021 12:28pm)
Scott wheelers latest mock draft

https://i.imgur.com/yZmzmDv.jpg

Yeee bring him back to Coquitlam

"not enough meat and potatoes to bring home. if only he was as jacked and cracked as Virtanen" -Benning, probably
Jul 2 2021 11:57am
It looks like there have been some changes within the #Canucks amateur scouting department:

-Todd Harvey officially has his title changed to Director of Amateur Scouting.

-Wyatt Smith has been promoted to head scout.

-Phil Golding has been promoted to head scout.

-Despite 2 promotions to head scouts, Ron Delorme and Thomas Gradin retain their titles as chief and associate chief amateur scouts.

-Amateur scout Jonathan Bates is no longer with the organization after being apart of it since 2008-2009.

Hmm i wonder why Bates was released? he decided to leave or fired? He's another NCAA scout.. and the Canucks had fairly good track record of finding gems there... with Brackett gone and now him, i hope it stays strong?
At least Harvey got promoted.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 2 2021 12:08pm
Jul 5 2021 03:31pm
Beagle will be back for training camp, so i guess that means Sutter won't be coming back
Gold: 12,140.00
Jul 5 2021 04:49pm
Quote (Secksii @ Jul 5 2021 02:31pm)
Beagle will be back for training camp, so i guess that means Sutter won't be coming back

Well then we might as well rebuild against because there goes our "foundation"...

:rofl:

This post was edited by LuLer on Jul 5 2021 04:50pm
Gold: 17,801.00
Jul 5 2021 06:07pm
Do you take a center because it is a more valuable position than the wings?

With Horvat and Petey locking down 1st and 2nd line center would you not want to try to go for a winger instead? If you draft a center 3rd line is the highest possible outcome for the foreseeable future.

Kind of feel that if you have a top 10 pick you should be aiming for a top 6 role. later picks or players coming up from within should be able to fill your bottom 6 with low cap hits.

I think it is going to be a stretch to expect Eklund or Mctavish to reamin on the board.

While it would be cool to have a local player on the team we have not exactly done well going that route before lol.

From what I have read and seen (not too many highlights on him) is Fabian Lysell might be the guy if Mctavish and Eklund are off the board, which they likely will be.

He is really shifty on his skates, has good balance and it seems like he knows when to attack the middle and give himself that A/B+ grade scoring opportunity.

It also looks like he has the hockey IQ to keep up with our existing top six.

This post was edited by Killingyouall on Jul 5 2021 06:08pm
Jul 5 2021 07:12pm
Quote (Killingyouall @ 5 Jul 2021 17:07)
Do you take a center because it is a more valuable position than the wings?

With Horvat and Petey locking down 1st and 2nd line center would you not want to try to go for a winger instead? If you draft a center 3rd line is the highest possible outcome for the foreseeable future.

Kind of feel that if you have a top 10 pick you should be aiming for a top 6 role. later picks or players coming up from within should be able to fill your bottom 6 with low cap hits.

I think it is going to be a stretch to expect Eklund or Mctavish to reamin on the board.

While it would be cool to have a local player on the team we have not exactly done well going that route before lol.

From what I have read and seen (not too many highlights on him) is Fabian Lysell might be the guy if Mctavish and Eklund are off the board, which they likely will be.

He is really shifty on his skates, has good balance and it seems like he knows when to attack the middle and give himself that A/B+ grade scoring opportunity.

It also looks like he has the hockey IQ to keep up with our existing top six.

i think they'll go by BPA,
1 of Eklund, Johnson and McTavish will be available at 9. If anyone else reaches in the first 8 pick, then there will be more. Sort of a blessing to have this kinda draft with our 9th OA pick because it's still a high pick cuz the draft isn't top heavy by any means.

wow just saw the latest mock draft, mctavish somehow shot up in value and made it into top 10 :rofl:
Edvinsson might even be a possibility now.

This post was edited by Secksii on Jul 5 2021 07:22pm
Gold: 12,140.00
Jul 5 2021 08:25pm
Always go BPA, there would have to be very special circumstances for you not to.

Prospects and team makeup in general is way too hard to predict 2,4,6 years down the line.

If you end up having a player you don't need, you can always trade him for something you do need.
Go Back To Hockey Topic List
Prev1745746747748749870Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll