d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line >
Poll > Body Counts And Relationships
Prev1101112131420Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 6,723.69
May 6 2023 12:46pm
Quote (Loipisdead @ Apr 28 2023 03:06pm)
I would argue that the woman who's been with men and knows exactly what she wants is less likely to cheat over the virgin who's been with a couple people or none and then goes for the next best thing that comes alone. Religious people are less likely to cheat because of the social lack of tolerance in that community to go on and about. There are plenty of people (on both sides) that stick with their first or near-first partner. You do not need to have experienced different men between the sheets as a woman to be able to determine what you want. There are plenty of guidelines on normal emotional, relational and sexual development as one grows into adulthood. If you want to learn more about this, just visit your GP and ask about some well-respected sources on the subject. I only know it for my own country.
Thats been the case From my experience at least. the most honest, loving, faithful, good hearted person Ive ever met has the same body count as I do. Confirmation bias. Theoretically it is possible that out of 1000 women with the same body count 999 would be cheaters and you got lucky number 1000. This is just theory, but I'm giving you an extreme to understand what confirmation bias is. The general message (that a lot of people have already stated tbh) is that there's an increased odds of Y if history is X. An increased odds does not mean "certainty". There are different factors playing a role and it would be unfair to judge anyone by just their body count to draw hard conclusions. That does not mean that one cannot have personal preferences.
It definitely made me realize a lot, I use to have the same mindset a lot of you have here
Someones morals and character aren't defined by what's been in-between their legs Nope, but "butterflies" do tend to have specific personality types that are not for everyone. On one end, you've got the "long live the fun and exploration", and on the other, you've got borderliners or near-borderliners who are unable to deal with themselves without the reassurance of someone else. The latter tends to be your typical 16 year old girl with mediocre self-esteem and usually a coldhearted or absent dad. You'll find more information on the subject in the DSM classification for personality disorders. Borderline is cluster B.
My girl has been with the same number as me ( just about ) and I know for a fact she would NEVER be able to cheat on me This is what /every/ guy says to themselves until they're proven wrong. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying that your belief that someone will not cheat will not influence the risk of them cheating or not. The fact that your partner has had a specific range of number of partners and did not cheat only confirms the simple fact that behaviour in general is multifactorial and not just dependent on body count.
The same way Id never be able to cheat on her. Hat tip. Keep up the good work.

It all boils down to morals and what type of person that person is.
The way we were both raised, the way we treat each other and our basic values like family, it just isn't in us to cheat. Its not a part of who we are

A lot of the men who think that way, the "for the streets" way, never practice what they preach Assumption and, tbh, probably projection
They will sleep with everyone and anyone and think nothing of it, but the second a woman does it it becomes a morals issue An issue that is not necessarily moral
If you practice what you preach thats fine, if you ALSO won't have sex with people just to have sex because you view yourself the same way you do woman who do it, but thats hardly ever the case People are quite free to have a preference for virgins or low body count spouses while being whores themselves. It's difficult to appreciate such hypocricy, but it's their business, not yours or mine. I would ask of them, at the very least, to own who and what they are and to be open about it with their next bed partner(s) so that they can make an informed decision.

I also never started thinking this way until I started getting with guys also and realized its the exact same thing as being with woman
A lot of men don't have both perspectives, so they just look down on woman who enjoy sex Are you saying that one needs to have experienced every facet of sex before being allowed to speak on the subject? That's rich, mate. People can have whatever opinion on whatever subject. They just have to suck up the social consequences if their opinion is absolute bogus. Every social action comes with a social response, plain and simple.
A woman can enjoy sex and still be "wife material" A woman can enjoy sex with a total number of 1-3 partners instead of 10 to 300, also. Nobody here will argue against the virtue of having wives who enjoy sex (what the fuck are you even doing with the woman if she doesn't lol?)
"wife material" to me is someone who has values and morals. It just isn't in my significant others morals to ever cheat, she doesn't have it in her
took me a very long time to realize that, and I only started realizing it once I had perspective from both sides. That doesn't mean that everyone has to have had your same experiences before being able to speak on the subject. And you'll also have to face the fact that other people will have other views on what "wife material" is. I don't mind it if my spouse still has a lot of soul searching left to do. This is the case for my partner. I have a choice to support her in her journey and I'll also have a choice to see if her growth happens to be in a direction that suits what I'd like to see. At the same time, she's absolutely free to grow in whichever direction she wants, as I very often tell her, and it's perfectly OK if we split up because of having moral conflicts with one another. In fact, we have one, and we've been working on it for years (and counting).

I've never had to hit on a woman, they have always came to me and I've been able to pick and chose, so I never understood the argument that woman have it easier
I know a lot of woman who have trouble getting laid, if you're an attractive man you bring a lot of woman in, if you're ugly its hard, same goes for woman
An ugly woman also has a harder time getting laid than an attractive one This entire paragraph makes it seem like getting laid is your number one priority when you're not with someone. I personally value people a great deal if they've had a sabbatical. It makes them less dependent of the sexual factor to find a new partner, which ironically in my experience tends to lead to /much/ better intimacy with your next spouses. Anywho, if you define getting laid easily as a success factor, you'll have to consider that "success" may be defined differently by other people and so your view of someone's success may be very different than that other person. For instance, someone may have had 50 partners and 2 relationships and consider themselves a failure because they did not have a lot of relationships in comparison to someone they know who's had 3 partners and 3 long-term relationships. In contrast, the 3-partners-3-relationships person may feel like (s)he is missing out on something having had less sexual partners and is left wondering if there's something to discover that the partners could not provide up until that moment. But the grass is always greener on the other side, I suppose. It helps to just accept being happy with what you've got, I find.

My truth isn't the same as everyone elses though because we have all walked separate paths
But from where im standing, caring about what's been in-between someones legs rather than what's in their heart always leads to problems One may be informative of the other. Doesn't hurt to use all pieces of information you've got before going balls-deep into a relationship, right?
A lot of guys don't ever put blame on the other men and always just view the woman as the problem, sometimes they are, sometimes they aren't Assumption. I venture a lot of these men have small weewee's.
They could have attracted nothing but abusive, controlling assholes, left them and moved on to the next abusive controlling asshole until they found the right one, leaving "body counts" behind them Should try one of those 95% of the men that are not with the 3% abusive fucks and not with the 2% niceguy syndrome types

I stay away from the types of woman who get their nails done, wear fake eyelashes, post race pics for affirmation on the internet
From my experience those are the types of woman who just enjoy sex and don't care about hurting you or not I'm sure there's an association between certain looks on one end and the way one values their sexual experience on the other, but again: assumption. There will be nail-doing, fake eyelash-wearing, pics-for-affirmation posting women out there who are very much emotionally invested in their next relationship, in fact, they may not even be the whore who just enjoy sex you assume them to be. For all you know, their body count is still 0.
The types of girls who dress themselves up like they are going to the clubs every night , or actually do go to the clubs every weekend

tldr: if your significant other has values and morals, it doesn't matter what's been in-between her legs, only thing that matters is what's in her heart

That was fun. I await your rant.
Gold: 1.69
May 8 2023 07:52am
Quote (Leeevee @ May 6 2023 02:46pm)
That was fun. I await your rant.

im not reading anything you type, so you're just wasting your breath/time

/edit ( always that damn afterthought )
You lost the right to have conversations with me when your condescending narcissism started to show and you couldn't speak to me without
throwing in insults every other sentence. I'm completely good on having any sort of conversation with you
We can agree to disagree and leave it be at that.

Don't think your pride will allow you to agree to disagree and just move on, but we will see.
You can chalk it up to me being too dumb to read or comprehend or understand or blah blah blah, but in all seriousness I'm just legitimately uninterested in having any conversations with you
because you can't do it with being condescending
Hows that for a "rant"?
Have a good one man, I'm glad you had fun :hug:

This post was edited by Loipisdead on May 8 2023 08:18am
May 10 2023 02:10am
Quote (Loipisdead @ May 8 2023 03:52pm)
im not reading anything you type, so you're just wasting your breath/time

/edit ( always that damn afterthought )
You lost the right to have conversations with me when your condescending narcissism started to show and you couldn't speak to me without
throwing in insults every other sentence. I'm completely good on having any sort of conversation with you
We can agree to disagree and leave it be at that.

Don't think your pride will allow you to agree to disagree and just move on, but we will see.
You can chalk it up to me being too dumb to read or comprehend or understand or blah blah blah, but in all seriousness I'm just legitimately uninterested in having any conversations with you
because you can't do it with being condescending
Hows that for a "rant"?
Have a good one man, I'm glad you had fun :hug:

Easy enough to remain ignorant if the answers that oppose your own belief are discarded as an ad hominem.
But I'll give you this, you correctly interpreted me thinking of you as incompetent to talk about the subject.

How you concluded me to be a narcissist is beyond me. I think you don't know what narcissism is lol. This topic feels more and more like some sort of desperate attempt for justification of self-attitude. I love it
May 12 2023 01:47pm
Incidentally some of the things I bolded out I stumbled upon today in the chapter of mental health during adolescence, Pediatrics by Carroll & Lissauer, 6th ed.
I faintly recall you being into books, although I'm not sure if textbooks from med school is your cup of tea lol. It's a very readible book though.
May 24 2023 07:48am
up
Gold: 0.00
Jul 23 2023 09:01pm
Don't mind a woman with a high body count for sex only. Won't marry someone who has double digits though. But to each their own!
Gold: 4,535.00
Jul 24 2023 06:42am
Quote (Loipisdead @ Jul 17 2022 09:02pm)
Recently I saw video of a couple who were just married. the interviewer asked what their body counts were
the woman replied 9, the man she was with looked like his soul left his body
I do not understand how 9 is considered a high body count, I don't understand how body count even matters if you are both in a loving relationship. The past should be completely irrelevant.
My body count is in the high 60s-70s. If I actually sat down and tried to think of every single one I wouldn't be able to, Ive tried
My gfs body count is in the high 30s. Woman enjoy sex just as much as men do, men think they can sleep with whoever and however many people but shame a woman for doing the same
I understand both sides completely, being bi sexual and being with a handful of men made me realize its literally the same as being with a woman. its just sex. and it doesn't matter.

So , jsp, would you shame a woman for having a high body count? and if so, why?
Her past should be completely irrelevant to you as long as shes faithful to YOU while shes with you.
A woman sleeping with 30,40,50+ men has zero impact on me, it kinda blew my mind that the "men" in these videos got so butthurt over the SMALLLLLEST number

To me it shows how insecure men are, men can sleep with whoever many people they want but when a woman does it shes considered trashy
It makes absolutely no sense
Sex is just sex, its something humans do for fun, to feel good, and many other reasons.
Shaming a woman for enjoying sex just shows how insecure of a "man" you are in my opinion

I tried to post this in a way it would be an appropriate topic for the love line forum, if Ive overstepped any boundaries or rules please just close the thread and let me know. Im not here to get in trouble or offend. Im legit just curious why men get so upset about something so trivial

To assume something based on one's own thoughts and to presume that it is the same for other people as well is not correct.

This post was edited by behindme on Jul 24 2023 06:42am
Jul 29 2023 10:51am
Quote (behindme @ Jul 24 2023 08:42am)
To assume something based on one's own thoughts and to presume that it is the same for other people as well is not correct.

It's a fact thought. We are one out of every single species that have sex for pleasure as well as procreation. Dolphins, lions, gorillas, chimpanzees, and mannnnmnny more have sex for pleasure. The only difference is human beings have stigmatized it to the point you're supposed to feel "shameful" or bad about yourself for enjoying sex for pleasure and enjoying multiple different human beings and options. Sex IS natural, it IS fun, it IS for pleasure ( for the most part ). Humans have just become to prude and judgmental about it we have stigmatized it to make people believe having sex is bad. Having sex with multiple partners is bad, having sex makes you a "MorAlLy TeRrIbLe" person. We are like every other species. Sex is sex, we literally ALL do it, humans, birds, insects. It is an important part of life. People just have such a negative view about it because it's been embedded in people's heads that if you have sex or have sex with lots of people you're a bad person, and that just couldn't be any further than the truth. A person's morals and heart have absolutely nothing to do with what's been in-between their legs.

I only know I AM correct in this matter is because we as well as so many different species have sex for pleasure. The proof is literally right there. Only difference is humans are too judgmental and don't want to look at what's in someone's heart they would rather look at who's been in-between their legs. And mostly ALL the people that think that have never once stopped and looked what how many people they have been with themselves because they are a man and "iTs DifFeReNt". It's not, sex is sex. And it's completely ok as long as you're having fun and not hurting anyone.

There are so many different kinds of sex. Sex with someone you love, sex with someone you don't know for fun. Of course you feel the difference. And people have preferences. That's completely ok. What's not on is judging someone for something you've never once judged yourself over

This post was edited by Loipisdead on Jul 29 2023 10:54am
Gold: 4,535.00
Jul 31 2023 01:41am
To compare this is somewhat ambitious, as you already hinted, there some are differences between humans and other species, specifically, many many more emotions. For some people, sex is an act of bonding and trust.In case someone cheats - Harming these connections (as seen as betray) is always painful. Perhaps you were raised differently and you sure have a different sexual opinion than most, and think about it differently; however, betrayal would probably be just as painful for you.
And don't get me wrong, this is certainly not meant to be malicious. But precisely because of that, there are also different types of relationships (Open, Poly, etc.).

But not to miss the point, in the past, the most valuable thing for a woman, especially if she was of high birth, was her virginity.
That was the only way to prove that this woman had not given birth to a child before and that her firstborn would belong to the man.
I believe it stems from that era when such women were considered pure only if they have a "low body count". But Also you could enjoy sex every day and don't need to have 50 different partners for that.

In my opinion, the emotional bond one forms with a person operates on a different level than the sexual one, even though they are closely intertwined. Therefore, I also believe that some people fear they might not be able to fulfill this connection if their partners have already had 'too much experience' in this area.
So why should they engage in a relationship with someone, forming a 'emotional bond' with them, if they always have the ulterior motive of their partner's sexual experience in mind?
Also, some people are simply jealous and would feel disadvantaged if they knew they had sex with 5 people while their partner had 50.

In fact, I believe that everyone should live their life as they see it. If a person is deterred from entering a relationship with someone because of that, then maybe they weren't the right person for them anyway.

And what if someone simply has a low sex drive and is looking for a partner who is the same?

Overall, I would say that this topic is becoming more and more open through the years. Just look around in history. You might just be some years ahead with your perspective.
Gold: 1,453.85
Aug 2 2023 10:19am
I agreed with the person above me, sex should be about bonding with someone you love. For this reason, I would look suspiciously at not just women but men too, who have a high body count. It tells me that he is someone who has sex casually. Not the type of guy I would want to open my heart to.
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
Prev1101112131420Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll