d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Russia / Ukraine
Prev1416441654166416741684294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 98,921.50
Mar 28 2024 03:48pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 28 2024 09:50pm)
Oh I understand perfectly well.

You are claiming the 2022 invasion was in part about Sevastopol naval base, and NATO expansion threatening Russian control of the base.
Russia already controlled Crimea and Sevastopol from 2014.

Do you see how that is dumb?

Furthermore Ukraine was no closer to joining NATO in 2022 than it was at any time. Look how long it took Sweden to get after applying. 2 years.
And Sweden has zero ongoing conflicts. After Merkel blocked in 2008, Ukraine was never getting into NATO.

Now there is every chance they will.

After the invasion Ukraine made it clear that it wants to join NATO (fast-track) as soon as possible meaning that for Russia the threat has only increased, control of Crimea is not relevant at all, Ukraine's desire to join NATO is what counts and has only increased.

You even acknowledge this (bolded)

I'll leave it to you to explain why control of Crimea somehow changed the threat of Ukraine joining NATO :rolleyes:

Gold: 45,000.19
Warn: 10%
Mar 28 2024 03:49pm
some one that does not post in this topic complimented me for posting these facts so I thought i would repost them, for prosperity.

you are ignoring facts.

1. it is a fact that the US is the only country in the world that dropped Nuclear Bombs on another country.
2. it is a fact that the US enforces the monroe doctrine.
3. it is a fact that the US threatened to invade the Solomon islands because they were considering a partnership with China.
4. it is a fact that the US supported the coup in 2014 in Ukraine and installed their people into the Ukrainian government
5. it is a fact that the US "aid" to Ukraine is "loans" that Ukraine is going to spend A LONG TIME repaying.
6. it is a fact that the US took steps to facilitate Ukraine in Nato, even when they knew this was a Russian red line, and armed Ukraine for this war which was clearly going to happen.
7. it is a fact that the US vetoed any investigation into the NS explosions
8. it is a fact that the US is not talking to Russia relating to the war and refuses all negotiation, and further that the US and its allies, England, scuppered the peace deal of 2023
9. it is a fact that the US installed nuclear missiles in turkey, and cried foul when Russia did the same in Cuba, and as part of the Cuban missile crisis the US agreed to withdraw its nuclear missiles in Turkey.
10. it is a fact that the actions against Imran Khan in Pakistan were done at the behest of the US government.
11. it is a fact that US foreign policy is to destabilize the world elsewhere under the notion that this prevents attacks on US soil and keeps its peers in check.
12. it is a fact that ISIS-K is affiliated with the US.
13. it is a fact that the US is the ONLY country in the world that continues to support Israel's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank.
14. it is a fact that the US has repeatedly undermined the democratic process in multiple countries around the world, for decades.

this list can go on all day long.

The US is a great country but its foreign policy is just messed up.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 28 2024 03:49pm
Mar 28 2024 03:51pm
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 28 2024 10:49pm)
some one complimented me for posting these facts so I thought i would repost them, for prosperity.

you are ignoring facts.

1. it is a fact that the US is the only country in the world that dropped Nuclear Bombs on another country.
3. it is a fact that the US threatened to invade the Solomon islands because they were considering a partnership with China.
4. it is a fact that the US supported the coup in 2014 in Ukraine and installed their people into the Ukrainian government
5. it is a fact that the US "aid" to Ukraine is "loans" that Ukraine is going to spend A LONG TIME repaying.
6. it is a fact that the US took steps to facilitate Ukraine in Nato, even when they knew this was a Russian red line, and armed Ukraine for this war which was clearly going to happen.
8. it is a fact that the US is not talking to Russia relating to the war and refuses all negotiation, and further that the US and its allies, England, scuppered the peace deal of 2023
9. it is a fact that the US installed nuclear missiles in turkey, and cried foul when Russia did the same in Cuba, and as part of the Cuban missile crisis the US agreed to withdraw its nuclear missiles in Turkey.
10. it is a fact that the actions against Imran Khan in Pakistan were done at the behest of the US government.
11. it is a fact that US foreign policy is to destabilize the world elsewhere under the notion that this prevents attacks on US soil and keeps its peers in check.
13. it is a fact that the US is the ONLY country in the world that continues to support Israel's ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank.
14. it is a fact that the US has repeatedly undermined the democratic process in multiple countries around the world, for decades.

Too many whataboutisms I'm afraid

Heads will explode
Gold: 127,293.50
Mar 28 2024 03:52pm
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 28 2024 09:48pm)
After the invasion Ukraine made it clear that it wants to join NATO (fast-track) as soon as possible meaning that for Russia the threat has only increased, control of Crimea is not relevant at all, Ukraine's desire to join NATO is what counts and has only increased.

You even acknowledge this (bolded)

I'll leave it to you to explain why control of Crimea somehow changed the threat of Ukraine joining NATO :rolleyes:

NATO can't/ won't accept countries with ongoing conflicts.

You know that.

It's no coincidence that Russia has instigated frozen conflicts in several areas. Particularly Georgia and Ukraine.

This post was edited by Prox1m1ty on Mar 28 2024 03:53pm
Mar 28 2024 03:55pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 28 2024 10:52pm)
NATO can't accept countries with ongoing conflicts.

You know that.

Hey I just posted the facts --> Ukraine now seeks fast-track NATO membership

Please answer the question --> how does control of Crimea change anything like you claimed in several consecutive posts above

Don't be shy now
Gold: 127,293.50
Mar 28 2024 04:08pm
Quote (Djunior @ Mar 28 2024 09:55pm)
Hey I just posted the facts --> Ukraine now seeks fast-track NATO membership

Please answer the question --> how does control of Crimea change anything like you claimed in several consecutive posts above

Don't be shy now

Your not good at actual debate are you? ;)

You are claiming the 2022 invasion was in part about Sevastopol naval base, and NATO expansion threatening Russian control of the base.

Mar 28 2024 04:18pm
Quote (Prox1m1ty @ Mar 28 2024 11:08pm)
Your not good at actual debate are you? ;)

No

You try to twist my words and I don't let you

I mentioned reasons why Ukraine's NATO membership is unacceptable for Russia. Crimea / Sevastopol is one reason.

Having control of Crimea changes nothing (you claim it does) and I exposed your mental gymnastics in my posts above, lol

YOU aren't good at debate because I pick you apart every single time ;)

Gold: 175,891.69
Mar 28 2024 04:27pm
Quote (ferdia @ Mar 28 2024 10:49pm)
some one that does not post in this topic complimented me for posting these facts so I thought i would repost them, for prosperity.

you are ignoring facts.

I would point out that point 12 isn't definite, but speculation. US has confirmed ties to AQ/Al-nusra (hillary leaked mails), but i don´t remember seeing concrete proof of isis-k

Also i don´t agree with 13, i think many countries/head of states support the isreali war effort including several arab countries

This post was edited by ownyaah on Mar 28 2024 04:31pm
Gold: 175,891.69
Mar 28 2024 04:40pm
Words going around about kamianske power plant and krvoy rog power plant possibly being hit (still speculation)

Strange why they didn´t do this in the winter instead

This post was edited by ownyaah on Mar 28 2024 04:44pm
Gold: 45,000.19
Mar 28 2024 05:04pm
Quote (ownyaah @ Mar 28 2024 10:27pm)
I would point out that point 12 isn't definite, but speculation. US has confirmed ties to AQ/Al-nusra (hillary leaked mails), but i don´t remember seeing concrete proof of isis-k

Also i don´t agree with 13, i think many countries/head of states support the isreali war effort including several arab countries

re: statement 12, if you scroll back 2-6 pages i have some info there. are you disputing that info ?
also i would use the UN votes to support my statement 13.

regardless I am happy to agree to disagree.

watch from 10:00 to 11:30.

https://twitter.com/sethharpesq/status/1771944673063374979

im sure with a bit of looking you will find yourself some more information on the matter.

This post was edited by ferdia on Mar 28 2024 05:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1416441654166416741684294Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll