d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Final Presidential Debate
Prev1252627282932Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Oct 23 2020 12:31am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 23 Oct 2020 02:16)
Democrat Kendra Horn, who won a seat in Oklahoma City in a stunning upset in 2018 and now faces a tough reelection race, really didnt miss any time distancing herself from Biden's statements on the fossil industry:
https://mobile.twitter.com/HornForCongress/status/1319474800901951493

The groans from Texas and Pennsylvania Democrats must really have been heard up to the ISS when he made that comment. :D

I had a feeling this format would benefit President Trump. take away the gun and he doesn’t shoot himself in the foot, shocker

The first debate couldn’t have gone better for Biden. Biden rambles when he gets going, and Trump let him off the hook over and over again. And Trump really turned some people off with his constant interruptions. Yea yeah Wallace was slanted so he had to interrupt well, Trump knew that already. His own fault

That said it was much better this debate. The working with the opposing party line for criminal justice reform really helped President Trump imo. Especially because Biden wrote the ridiculous crime bill (he bragged about it) and then during the debate he blamed “republicans” for him and Obama not passing criminal justice reform. This when they used their mandate (filibuster-proof congress) to give us free universal affordable healthcare that gets more expensive every year lmao

This post was edited by excellence on Oct 23 2020 12:35am
Gold: 25.00
Oct 23 2020 12:42am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 23 2020 02:31am)
I had a feeling this format would benefit President Trump. take away the gun and he doesn’t shoot himself in the foot, shocker

The first debate couldn’t have gone better for Biden. Biden rambles when he gets going, and Trump let him off the hook over and over again. And Trump really turned some people off with his constant interruptions. Yea yeah Wallace was slanted so he had to interrupt well, Trump knew that already. His own fault

That said it was much better this debate. The working with the opposing party line for criminal justice reform really helped President Trump imo. Especially because Biden wrote the ridiculous crime bill (he bragged about it) and then during the debate he blamed “republicans” for him and Obama not passing criminal justice reform. This when they used their mandate (filibuster-proof congress) to give us free universal affordable healthcare that gets more expensive every year lmao

Gold: 57.00
Oct 23 2020 12:48am
Quote (Mangix @ 23 Oct 2020 02:42)

nothing was factually wrong in that post, sorry that upsets you

Biden did blame “republicans” during the debate for not passing criminal justice reform when him and Obama had a basically free legislative ride for two years. And what did they do with it? they gave us free universal affordable healthcare which gets more expensive every year

Biden did write the crime bill (hes on video bragging about it) which permanently separated thousands of minority families each year so it’s no wonder he didnt want to undo the damage it caused
Gold: 38,198.00
Oct 23 2020 01:04am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 23 2020 02:48am)
nothing was factually wrong in that post, sorry that upsets you

Biden did blame “republicans” during the debate for not passing criminal justice reform when him and Obama had a basically free legislative ride for two years. And what did they do with it? they gave us free universal affordable healthcare which gets more expensive every year

Biden did write the crime bill (hes on video bragging about it) which permanently separated thousands of minority families each year so it’s no wonder he didnt want to undo the damage it caused

How much more expensive is it getting each year? Is it very noticeable?
Gold: 63,142.89
Oct 23 2020 01:43am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Oct 23 2020 02:02am)
In any case, I would say that the partisan lean of PaRD is 40/60 liberal/conservative AT MOST, which is actually quite the healthy mix. There are probably few non-political forums with a more balanced partisan breakdown than that.

agreed and that's why I bother to check in here when an interesting story crops up. The lack of a vote system prevents the echo chamber effect.
Gold: 10.77
Oct 23 2020 03:16am
Biden’s only shining moments were about representing all Americans instead of just red states or blue states. Trump won this one though.
Gold: 8,933.00
Oct 23 2020 04:37am
Chopped liver, checking in. How was the shitshow?
Gold: 4,400.67
Oct 23 2020 05:20am
Quote (Santara @ 23 Oct 2020 12:37)
Chopped liver, checking in. How was the shitshow?

It wasnt much of a shitshow. The tone of the debate was far more civil, the amount of talking over each other was minor. Having to shut up for 2 minutes during Biden's initial statement on each issue has really helped Trump come across as more sane and, dare I say it, presidential.

On the substance, both had the upper hand on the expected issues and got some zingers in. Trump in typical fashion bloviated his way out of issues on which he had no good substantive answer, Biden was his usual, slick and evasive self. Both the selection and framing of the issues was very slanted in Biden's favor. The moderator was about as slightly-but-not-overwhelmingly biased in favor of Biden as I expected, she often times cut Trump off or switched topics when Trump had the upper hand.

Biden slipped up a bit in that he strayed far from his equivocating talking points on policy. In particular, he openly said that he wants to get rid of the oil industry and fracking, and that he intends to grant full-scale amnest to all illegal immigrants. The fracking comment in particular is already being seized upon by the Trump campaign and Republicans from states like Texas and Oklahoma.

Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 23 2020 05:54am
The centergang would like to officially offer a trade to the left for Bazi, we dont have any bodies but can offer cash.
Gold: 285.00
Oct 23 2020 05:58am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 22 2020 11:05pm)
I disagree with some of my esteemed colleagues... I don't think Trump won this debate. He performed well, but to me it seemed closer to a tie. It's hard to judge because Trump's normal state is so terrible that a somewhat competent performance is weighed heavily.

Worth mentioning that Trump failed to make a coherent argument about the recent Hunter Biden/China scandal. So right now the closing argument is one that only resonates with people who watch Fox News every night.

Trump is losing and he had to make a serious play here. He didn't do a good enough job to make a real difference in the polls.

He totally failed, condemned nepotism loudly while having his kids on the white house selling access to him, fell flat.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1252627282932Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll