d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Final Presidential Debate
Prev1272829303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 22,186.49
Oct 23 2020 07:54am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 23 2020 08:31am)
Most objective people say tie. You can tell who really has the self-confirmation biases here with this debate lol.

most more reliable and focus groups say its more or less a tie, insofar as neither truly fucked up, but the takeaway was a lot of people surprised at how presidential and focused Trump was
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2020 07:57am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 23 2020 09:54am)
most more reliable and focus groups say its more or less a tie, insofar as neither truly fucked up, but the takeaway was a lot of people surprised at how presidential and focused Trump was

lmao people need to fuck off with that already
how many times have we seen "the turning point" where trump is going to start acting like an adult

Gold: 18,534.02
Oct 23 2020 08:03am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 22 2020 10:05pm)
I disagree with some of my esteemed colleagues... I don't think Trump won this debate. He performed well, but to me it seemed closer to a tie. It's hard to judge because Trump's normal state is so terrible that a somewhat competent performance is weighed heavily.

Worth mentioning that Trump failed to make a coherent argument about the recent Hunter Biden/China scandal. So right now the closing argument is one that only resonates with people who watch Fox News every night.

Trump is losing and he had to make a serious play here. He didn't do a good enough job to make a real difference in the polls.

Shocking assessment for you, lmao.

Debates don't really move the needle unless someone has a serious stumble. Trump was the winner here, but not by any wide margin. You calling it a tie supports the notion that Trump won as you are clearly biased to (D).

I'd put this election 75/25 in favor of Biden at this point. We'll find out in a few weeks. It'll come down to the handful of swing states as usual - PA, FL, MI, etc.

I wonder how Biden's Oil comments will play out. He made a vey clear and public omission he wants to disrupt that very large and powerful industry.
Oct 23 2020 08:10am
Quote (excellence @ Oct 22 2020 11:42pm)
depends who you ask. i’d say its pretty balanced, good mix of right/left/independents but lefties tend to say it’s a reich-wing forum for whatever reason.

also there are a lot of frequent non-American posters here and all but one or two are far left so it skews things a tad

Great post, friend.

The reason people keep coming back to this forum on a gaming website for a 20+ year old dead game is that the crowd is balanced and relatively well versed. This is a pretty unique forum for politics where everyone can sound off without censorship - which is rare these days. Dissenting opinions is welcome, unlike a lot of reddit forums or other arenas.

There are a few very extreme people on each side - Foreign voyeur lefties skew things, but everyone knows who they are.
Gold: 5.00
Oct 23 2020 08:18am
I'm not a fan of either but thought Trump was performing better in the debate through the first hour I watched. A couple times Biden went into a psycho-babble before correcting his train of thought to conclude some kind of point or deflection. Like watching a child who memorized answers trying to fit them in long form responses.

The American people are the real losers this election cycle.

This post was edited by RedFromWinter on Oct 23 2020 08:20am
Gold: 285.00
Oct 23 2020 08:21am
Quote (djman72 @ Oct 23 2020 10:10am)
Great post, friend.

The reason people keep coming back to this forum on a gaming website for a 20+ year old dead game is that the crowd is balanced and relatively well versed. This is a pretty unique forum for politics where everyone can sound off without censorship - which is rare these days. Dissenting opinions is welcome, unlike a lot of reddit forums or other arenas.

There are a few very extreme people on each side - Foreign voyeur lefties skew things, but everyone knows who they are.

One of the reasons I initially got caught up here was the ability to have conversations about extreme things with people who really disagreed with me. It was fascinating to talk to avowed fascists like Bogie and Caedus here originally, especially because there wasn't extremely active fascism in America at the time like now and we could talk about things like the merits of Peronism without the lens we are seeing everything through now.

If you listen you will be able to learn a lot here. But it is important to know who the players are and how to tell when they are hazing the newbros here.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 23 2020 08:22am
Oct 23 2020 08:25am
Quote (Skinned @ Oct 23 2020 09:21am)
One of the reasons I initially got caught up here was the ability to have conversations about extreme things with people who really disagreed with me. It was fascinating to talk to avowed fascists like Bogie and Caedus here originally, especially because there wasn't extremely active fascism in America at the time like now and we could talk about things like the merits of Peronism without the lens we are seeing everything through now.

If you listen you will be able to learn a lot here. But it is important to know who the players are and how to tell when they are hazing the newbros here.

Agreed. It takes some time with bold and i struggled with that a few years ago when I first started poking around PaRD.

This place is great for the most part.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 23 2020 08:32am
this website is not balanced or representative of the american public
it's very right leaning
what are you smoking
Gold: 5,016.77
Oct 23 2020 08:35am
Quote (chemoshots @ Oct 23 2020 10:32am)
this website is not balanced or representative of the american public
it's very right leaning
what are you smoking

Plus there's not many people here(outside of me and Thundercock) who like the boring moderate candidates with experience. America does though.

This post was edited by IceMage on Oct 23 2020 08:38am
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 23 2020 08:49am
Quote (IceMage @ Oct 23 2020 09:35am)
Plus there's not many people here(outside of me and Thundercock) who like the boring moderate candidates with experience. America does though.

Biden's been #3 on my list since the first DNC debate for this very reason. I was Yang-1, Tulsi-2, Biden-3 from the jump. i just dont get excited about bronze medals.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1272829303132Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll