d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Official Joe Biden 2020 Thread
Prev15105115125135141010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Jun 25 2021 12:00pm
WTF? :wacko:
Joe Biden's WHISPER Heard Around The World: Can Someone Pull Up The Padded Truck?
https://www.bitchute.com/video/Xt2bk3pc8Nv2/
Gold: 12,730.67
Jun 25 2021 01:09pm
Quote (bogie160 @ Jun 25 2021 07:20am)
No, the Michigan plot was a case of staggering incompetence, one that required FBI assistance to even get off the ground.

The Capitol saga was a protest that devolved into a riot. That's why no one was armed when even the Michigan bums knew they'd need to be. It's why we have dozens of them taking selfies inside instead of doing absolutely anything else, and it's why the media had to cling to the Sicknick lie for so long. The only people who died were Trump supporters, and they needed an officer death to make the whole "insurrection" argument stick. Incidentally, Biden is still lying about that one, though perhaps in his old age he can't remember, or maybe nobody bothered to tell him.

I think there were several types of people there:
1. Trump/"Stop the Steal" supporters who protested peacefully and didn't do any harm. Some of these people even entered the Capitol but their only crime was trespassing. I'd say that at least 95% of the people there are in this class.
2. People who were originally there just to protest but ended up succumbing to mob mentality.
3. The ACTUAL insurrectionists who INTENDED to cause serious harm.

It seems to me that people of class 3 wanted to use the people of class 2 and 1 in order to execute their plan. I think every revolution (both successful and failed) intend to use agents of chaos to accomplish their goal. You don't plant bombs in DC, bring zip ties, etc. if you aren't part of class 3.

Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 25 2021 05:46am)
Now we're quibbling about the definition of the word "legitimate". Fact of the matter is that even with perfect preparation and execution, this insurrection never had a snowball's chance in hell of achieving a lasting overthrow of the American government, and in this sense, it never was a "legitimate" attempt.

The intention was there, these insurrectionists legitimately wanted to stop and overturn a democratic process (and that is bad enough, dont get me wrong), but the occasion was not.

Of course not. They could have executed Mike Pence and every member of Congress and their goal would have still failed. The reality is that Trump's term would have ENDED regardless. The only question is if Biden would have ended up President regardless of certification and I think he would from a Constitutional perspective.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 25 2021 01:11pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 25 2021 02:09pm)
I think there were several types of people there:
1. Trump/"Stop the Steal" supporters who protested peacefully and didn't do any harm. Some of these people even entered the Capitol but their only crime was trespassing. I'd say that at least 95% of the people there are in this class.
2. People who were originally there just to protest but ended up succumbing to mob mentality.
3. The ACTUAL insurrectionists who INTENDED to cause serious harm.

It seems to me that people of class 3 wanted to use the people of class 2 and 1 in order to execute their plan. I think every revolution (both successful and failed) intend to use agents of chaos to accomplish their goal. You don't plant bombs in DC, bring zip ties, etc. if you aren't part of class 3.

Of course not. They could have executed Mike Pence and every member of Congress and their goal would have still failed. The reality is that Trump's term would have ENDED regardless. The only question is if Biden would have ended up President regardless of certification and I think he would from a Constitutional perspective.

if all members of congress did die, im sure they have someone who can certify in their place. or it might go to scotus. idk honestly. interesting idea.
Jun 25 2021 01:29pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Jun 25 2021 12:11pm)
if all members of congress did die, im sure they have someone who can certify in their place. or it might go to scotus. idk honestly. interesting idea.

Apparently, no one has challenged the Constitutionality of the 1876 law in the first place. I think it's very possible for SCOTUS to say that Congress is overstepping it's bounds by certifying OR it's strictly ceremonial. I think determining WHO would be President is a bit tricky but I think we can definitely say that it wouldn't be Trump from a legal perspective. There would simply be no legal justification for it after Jan 20.
Gold: 2,489.69
Jun 25 2021 01:38pm
Quote (thundercock @ Jun 25 2021 02:29pm)
Apparently, no one has challenged the Constitutionality of the 1876 law in the first place. I think it's very possible for SCOTUS to say that Congress is overstepping it's bounds by certifying OR it's strictly ceremonial. I think determining WHO would be President is a bit tricky but I think we can definitely say that it wouldn't be Trump from a legal perspective. There would simply be no legal justification for it after Jan 20.

what a mess it would be if the scotus put it back on state election officials, who then could become faithless electors, and face the consequences of that action on a state by state level, or be bound to the election results they originally certified where state laws mandate that. ooooofffff.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 28 2021 01:29am
https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/1oyiu6tamw/econTabReport.pdf

This recent poll from The Economist/YouGov finds that 37% of Americans think the country is moving in the right direction while 49% think it's headed in the wrong direction, including 20% of Biden voters. (p. 6)
In terms of Biden's approval, he's underwater 39-56 with independents, including 41% of independents who have a 'very unfavorable' opinion of him. (p. 217)

His honeymoon period is definitely over...

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Jun 28 2021 01:30am
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Jun 28 2021 11:10am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2021 12:29am)

This recent poll from The Economist/YouGov finds that 37% of Americans think the country is moving in the right direction while 49% think it's headed in the wrong direction, including 20% of Biden voters. (p. 6)
In terms of Biden's approval, he's underwater 39-56 with independents, including 41% of independents who have a 'very unfavorable' opinion of him. (p. 217)

they purposely picked the two that were the least popular? I suppose to test how effective the TDS is? Who is they? I dunno, maybe answer this question and we all would know. bogus joe is just a tool. Its funny though? those two have locked up more black people than any other two people. everyone that didnt vote for them is the racist.

Who gave the order for vote counting to stop on Nov 3, 2020? 11.03.21
https://www.bitchute.com/video/jo70PgHrUjUY/
Jun 28 2021 02:11pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Jun 28 2021 12:29am)

I don't think the "moving in the right/wrong direction" polling is particularly valuable when looking at raw numbers. I think it's been negative for almost 2 decades now so you have to look at the changes. We had a big jump once Biden was elected (almost +20 points) and I imagine we'll settle somewhere in the 35% right direction territory.

41% of independents having a "very unfavorable" opinion of him is expected because a vast majority of independents are partisan. Basically, independents are people who want to seem "above it all" but they very much lean towards one side and they will vote for just one party.
Gold: 4,400.67
Jun 28 2021 02:20pm
Quote (thundercock @ 28 Jun 2021 22:11)
I don't think the "moving in the right/wrong direction" polling is particularly valuable when looking at raw numbers. I think it's been negative for almost 2 decades now so you have to look at the changes. We had a big jump once Biden was elected (almost +20 points) and I imagine we'll settle somewhere in the 35% right direction territory.

41% of independents having a "very unfavorable" opinion of him is expected because a vast majority of independents are partisan. Basically, independents are people who want to seem "above it all" but they very much lean towards one side and they will vote for just one party.

Well, we obviously don't know if those 20% of Biden voters who think the country is moving in the wrong direction think so because they consider the Biden admin to tack too far to the left, or because they think they're not radical enough. It's still suggesting that some of his support is soft and tenuous.

You're of course right about independents largely leaning to one party or the other. Iirc, studies show that only around 10% of the American electorate are real swing voters. Still noteworthy that the number of "very favorables" among independents is significantly lower than the very unfavorables. Essentially, the dissatisfaction with Biden among GOP-leaning independents seems stronger than the satisfaction among Dem-leaning independents.

In an environment where a national swing of 2% can make the difference between a Democratic and a Republican trifecta, these differences matter.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15105115125135141010Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll