d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Muhammad Is The 10th Most Popular Baby Name > For Cis-males In The Us 2019
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Dec 8 2019 12:17pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ Dec 8 2019 01:11pm)
I’m surprised that Jesus isn’t a popular name in America. They worship the guy but won’t name their kid after him. However, hispanics name their kids Jesus all the time.

Maybe that is the difference because mohammed is not worshipped in their religion per se.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 8 2019 03:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 8 Dec 2019 16:04)
you're shifting goalposts. my original claim was that authorities are scared of the political implications of publishing statistics about the decline of the white population share and/or the increase of the muslim population share, and that they're extra careful when communicating such figures to the public. or even sometimes using tricks to obfuscate such developments in official statistics. the stuff you quoted is me providing examples/proof for this claim. nowhere in all of this did I or the sources I quoted say that I or anyone else is "scared of brown people" or "thinking that muslims are out to get you".

a big chunk of a child's socialization takes places inside the core family. those mohameds you're talking about, the ones growing up in french or swedish or german or dutch cities, are neither of european descent nor are all of them raised and socialized in an envrionment dominated by European culture and norms.

The current European culture is shaped by the values of enlightenment and secularization. Its values form the bedrock of liberal democracies and the constitutions of all Western countries. Migration which took place before the age of enlightment is irrelevant for today's discussions.

The United States came to be thanks to mass migration, yes. But it was mass migration of Europeans. In the grand scheme of things, the cultural differences between English and Irish and German and Italian Americans were never that huge, it was always likely that these groups would merge into one shared culture and identity in the end. Whether Latinos will ultimately integrate into the American 'melting pot' as well remains to be seen. I'm carefully optimistic, but only if there is a "breather period" with lower levels of immigration.

When it comes to the Russians and Turks in Germany: those Russians are largely the descendants of Germans who were expelled from their homeland and driven to Asia, or captured by the Soviets, in the aftermath of WW2. Most of them have identified with the German state and consider themselves to Germans first and foremost.

The Turks are a very mixed story. Many of them integrated well, found decent jobs, married, follow the law, pay their taxes, speak fluent German etc. On the flip side, a large chunk of them is unemployed, struggles to speak German, still identifies predominantly as Turkish, considers Erdogan to be their president and so on. Turks are vastly overrepresented among high school dropouts, welfare recipients and when it comes to violent crime, and that's almost exclusively due to this second group. The split between the successful and the unintegrated Turks is roooughly 50:50. Unfortunately, the gap is not closing either, there are tons of third- or even fourth-generation Turks who still make no progress towards integrating (culturally or economically) into our society.

Iranians in Germany are largely successful and well-integrated, but that's because Iranian expats are largely the families of intellectuals (writers, scientists, journalists) who came here fleeing the oppression of Iran's theocratic regime.
For all other muslim countries of origin, the split between the successful migrants and the troublemakers who are a drag on our society is very unfavorable, about 20:80 or so.

your claim was that german authorities are trying to "TRICK" people in order to "MASK" how many mohameds there really are.

also, i would really like to know your source for the part i highlighted, and a definition of "european values and norms".
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 8 2019 03:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 8 Dec 2019 19:03)
Is integration in France that much better? Remember the huge riots in 2005? The economic marginalization of people from migrant-heavy banlieus?

If there is a role-model for successful integration, it's got to be Canada, which is strongly influenced by Anglo-saxon culture.

I definitely agree it's not a good result for anyone (the rate of mixed marriage & those quitting religion at each new generation is still decent tho)
I'm pointing out that when communities are isolated, without even a social security structure, things are just worse in the long run.

It's not the same migrants who are able to move to Canada and you know it; i'm disagree.
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 8 2019 04:18pm
Quote (fender @ 8 Dec 2019 22:38)
also, i would really like to know your source for the part i highlighted, and a definition of "european values and norms".

they obviously are not of european descent.

that... not all but many kids who are being raised by muslim parents, and often times in a city district and schools with 50+% foreigner share, are not being socialized in an enrivonment dominated by european culture and norms should also be self-evident.

Quote (Saucisson6000 @ 8 Dec 2019 22:38)
It's not the same migrants who are able to move to Canada and you know it

See, and that's exactly the point, isnt it?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 8 2019 04:19pm
Dec 8 2019 05:38pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 8 Dec 2019 23:18)
See, and that's exactly the point, isnt it?

Nope, i just posted the point in post above; countries where migrants are regrouping at extreme rates, where it's possible to work without ID, where there's a lack of social monitoring.
I don't think Canada goes easy in this category. On the other hand i should avoid to use "anglo-saxon" in the future and simply stick on "UK+US" block.
Gold: 633.87
Dec 8 2019 05:41pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 8 2019 06:38pm)
Nope, i just posted the point in post above; countries where migrants are regrouping at extreme rates, where it's possible to work without ID, where there's a lack of social monitoring.
I don't think Canada goes easy in this category. On the other hand i should avoid to use "anglo-saxon" in the future and simply stick on "UK+US" block.

Are Mexicans rioting in the United States? Muslims in Britain?

Focus on France, friend.
Dec 8 2019 05:45pm
Quote (bogie160 @ 9 Dec 2019 00:41)
Are Mexicans rioting in the United States? Muslims in Britain?

Focus on France, friend.

Focus on your senseless posting, "friend" ...
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 9 2019 10:26am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 8 Dec 2019 23:18)
they obviously are not of european descent.

that... not all but many kids who are being raised by muslim parents, and often times in a city district and schools with 50+% foreigner share, are not being socialized in an enrivonment dominated by european culture and norms should also be self-evident.

so, no source and no definition? as expected...

Gold: 2,489.69
Dec 9 2019 10:36am
these types of articles are more than a bit misleading.

white people are 70% of the population, and they name their babies like 100 different names. muslims are much smaller but all name their kid the same name.

so if you have 1000 people naming babies, 700 of them name their kids at the rate of 100 names = 7 different names total. let's say there's only 5 muslims, and 3 of them name their kid Muhammad.

so in a grouping of 1000 people u get 7 Andrews, 7 Michaels, 7 Jameses, and 3 Muhhamads.

it's easy to see how they can make the name list, even with a tiny minority.
Gold: 18,534.02
Dec 9 2019 10:36am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ Dec 7 2019 01:52pm)
That's a straight lie. From your own source:

Mohamed: 2460 boys ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/mohamed/prenom-4851 )
Mouhamed: 142 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/mouhamed/prenom-555 )
Mouhammed: 15 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/mouhammed/prenom-67217 )
Muhamed: 22 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/muhamed/prenom-79329 )
Mouhamad: 27 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/mouhamad/prenom-3941 )
Muhammed: 135 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/muhammed/prenom-8358 )
Mohammed: 427 ( https://www.journaldesfemmes.fr/prenoms/mohammed/prenom-1256 )

If we sum those spelling variations up, we have 3228 newborn boys named by a version of Mohamed. According to your own list, 3228 would rank 11th among top names, not 31st.
Thanks for proving my point.

Great post!
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll