d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Muhammad Is The 10th Most Popular Baby Name > For Cis-males In The Us 2019
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 260.11
Dec 7 2019 05:53pm
Quote (IceMage @ Dec 7 2019 05:44pm)

I'm confused. I thought people would never attack locations with guns.
Gold: 945.00
Dec 7 2019 06:18pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Dec 8 2019 12:53am)
I'm confused. I thought people would never attack locations with guns.

missed the school shootings?

It's more about mohammed attacking mohammed confusing ppl overusing current terrorism rethoric.

This post was edited by Knoppie on Dec 7 2019 06:19pm
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 7 2019 06:25pm
Quote (IceMage @ 8 Dec 2019 00:44)

how the fuck it's a related news ?
Gold: 12,730.67
Dec 7 2019 06:26pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 7 2019 04:25pm)
how the fuck it's a related news ?

The guy who did the shooting is named Muhammad.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 7 2019 06:33pm
Quote (thundercock @ 8 Dec 2019 01:26)
The guy who did the shooting is named Muhammad.

:rofl:
Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 07:26pm
Quote (Santara @ Dec 7 2019 04:55pm)
Instead of John/Juan/Johann/Evan/Hans/Sean like is the most popular Christian name base in the world?

Every apostle plus John the Baptist get a lot of babies named after them.
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 7 2019 09:27pm
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 7 2019 01:13pm)
Top 50 baby names: https://www.babycenter.com/top-baby-names

This is pretty amazing since Muhammad wasn't even in the top 50 in 2018: https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/582951/most-popular-baby-names-2018

Also, Charlie is a more popular girl name than boy name.

Another interesting thing I noticed between 2018 and 2019: Matthew went from 20 to 41 and Mateo jumped from 37 to 13!

I think this really great but I want to know what PaRD thinks.

White genocide
Gold: 88.21
Dec 7 2019 09:45pm
Quote (thundercock @ Dec 7 2019 02:06pm)
A lot of Hispanics name their kid Jesus (Hey Zeus).

That's all very outdated information. When I google it, Muhammad is number 10 always.

There's your problem. Using Google
Gold: 4,400.67
Dec 8 2019 03:50am
Quote (fender @ 7 Dec 2019 23:36)
holy shit, you really think everybody is out there to get you, huh?

https://i2.wp.com/www.politicalgarbagechute.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/RNC_KKK_TINFOIL.jpg

Are you seriously disputing that authorities in western countries are worrying about scaring their public with reports about a dwindling population share of whites, or a surging share of muslims?
Are you seriously disputing that they chose their words very carefully when communicating such developments?

Take this article from the New York Times, for instance:
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/22/us/white-americans-minority-population.html

The graphic was splashy by the Census Bureau’s standards and it showed an unmistakable moment in America’s future: the year 2044, when white Americans were projected to fall below half the population and lose their majority status.

The presentation of the data disturbed Kenneth Prewitt, a former Census Bureau director, who saw it while looking through a government report. The graphic made demographic change look like a zero-sum game that white Americans were losing, he thought, and could provoke a political backlash.

So after the report’s release three years ago, he organized a meeting with Katherine Wallman, at the time the chief statistician for the United States.

“I said ‘I’m really worried about this,’” said Dr. Prewitt, now a professor of public affairs at Columbia University. He added, “Statistics are powerful. They are a description of who we are as a country. If you say majority-minority, that becomes a huge fact in the national discourse.”

In a nation preoccupied by race, the moment when white Americans will make up less than half the country’s population has become an object of fascination.

For white nationalists, it signifies a kind of doomsday clock counting down to the end of racial and cultural dominance. For progressives who seek an end to Republican power, the year points to inevitable political triumph, when they imagine voters of color will rise up and hand victories to the Democratic Party.

Their findings, first published in 2014, showed that white Americans who were randomly assigned to read about the racial shift were more likely to report negative feelings toward racial minorities than those who were not. They were also more likely to support restrictive immigration policies and to say that whites would likely lose status and face discrimination in the future.

Mary Waters, a sociologist at Harvard University, remembered being stunned when she saw the research.

“It was like, ‘Oh wow, these nerdy projections are scaring the hell out of people,” she said.

Then, in August 2008 at the height of Barack Obama’s campaign for president, the [census] bureau projected that non-Hispanic whites would drop below half the population by 2042, far earlier than expected.[...]

“That’s what really lit the fuse,” said Dowell Myers, a demographer at the University of Southern California, referring to the 2008 projection. “People went crazy.”

It was not just white nationalists worried about losing racial dominance. Dr. Myers watched as progressives, envisioning political power, became enamored with the idea of a coming white minority. He said it was hard to interest them in his work on ways to make the change seem less threatening to fearful white Americans — for instance by emphasizing the good that could come from immigration.

“It was conquest, our day has come,” he said of their reaction. “They wanted to overpower them with numbers. It was demographic destiny.”

And this is how it ended:

The Census Bureau released new projections this year [2018] in March filled with data about the country’s future. In the coming decades, adults 65 and older will outnumber children for the first time in the country’s history. The share of mixed-race children is set to double.

But there was no mention of a year when white Americans would fall below half the population.

When asked about the change, a spokesman for the Bureau said: “It was just us getting back to sticking to data.”

So all those academics and leaders of the Census Bureau are intensely discussing the psychological and political ramifications of the date when America is projected to become majority-minority, and how they could present this development to the public without "scaring the hell out of people". The end result of those deliberations is that the Census Bureau just stopped mentioning this data/fact at all.

------

Another example is mentioned in this German article:
https://www.welt.de/vermischtes/article172792952/Beliebteste-Vornamen-Mohamed-auf-dem-Weg-in-die-Top-Ten.html
https://www.krone.at/1607187

In 2017, Austria's leading tabloid "Kronenzeitung" published a story about "Mohamed" in fact being the third-most common first name for boys in Vienna, Austria's capital and largest city (population of around ~2m in the metro, out of Austria's total population of ~8.6m), despite Vienna's statistics not showing it. They stressed that Vienna's bureau of statistics was counting all the spelling variations of the name separately, in contrast to the national census bureau's guideline of aggregating those variations. So Vienna's statistics, which were gathered in a way that went against national guidelines, were masking the true frequency of the name Mohamed among the city's newborns. Needless to say that Vienna is THE stronghold of Austria's social democrats.

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Dec 8 2019 04:04am
Gold: 285.00
Dec 8 2019 05:40am
Quote (EndlessSky @ Dec 7 2019 10:27pm)
White genocide

So if all whites named their kid jesus it would save the white race?

Is there actually a white race?

The same people who talk about white genocide are the same people who tell me that there's no such thing as a palestinian. I'm not sure how seriously I could take such schizophrenic viewpoints.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 8 2019 05:42am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll