d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cops Unload On Ups Driver Who Was Taken Hostage
Prev15678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.77
Dec 6 2019 06:25pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ Dec 6 2019 04:12pm)
the trucks do have gps.

the drivers were not driving according to traffic law to flee the scene.
they were dangerous even if they didn't have a gun at this point in time.

who fired first? suspect or police?

The mere presence of a pig is violence.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 6 2019 06:29pm
Former Department of Housing and Urban Development official Brandon Friedman described the shootout as "appalling." He said the department should be held accountable for "choosing to assault the vehicle in the middle of stopped rush hour traffic" and using occupied vehicles as "human shields."

-> It's simple, bantant, and stupid. The whole police management fucked up.
The ridiculously large amount of officers where chasing the truck since a while, they were too close and shots started. By a way or another they messed up.

Why trying to defend them, IMO even individually it's possible they were seeking for some kind of promotion, Failures 😂😂😂
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 6 2019 06:39pm
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 6 2019 07:29pm)
Former Department of Housing and Urban Development official Brandon Friedman described the shootout as "appalling." He said the department should be held accountable for "choosing to assault the vehicle in the middle of stopped rush hour traffic" and using occupied vehicles as "human shields."

-> It's simple, bantant, and stupid. The whole police management fucked up.
The ridiculously large amount of officers where chasing the truck since a while, they were too close and shots started. By a way or another they messed up.

Why trying to defend them, IMO even individually it's possible they were seeking for some kind of promotion, Failures 😂😂😂

it's not a black and white scenario. it may not have been handled well, honestly idk how i would handle the operation if i was leading it.

before shouting cops are killing innocent civilians, it would be best to wait for some more information to be released.
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 6 2019 06:44pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 7 Dec 2019 01:39)
it's not a black and white scenario. it may not have been handled well, honestly idk how i would handle the operation if i was leading it.

before shouting cops are killing innocent civilians, it would be best to wait for some more information to be released.

After dozens of miles so much cars (19 officers fired) and so close... In a middle of rush hour traffic...

It's just banana republic police level, completely disorganized. Regression.
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Dec 6 2019 09:11pm
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 7 Dec 2019 01:05)
"if" it was just a robbery without any injured at the store (someone was). it would have ended with 0 violence.

instead it was a 30 minute chase. stolen vehicle, dangerous driving including blowing red-lights at intersections and jumping curbs to get around traffic.
the only reason the suspects stopped was because they got blocked into traffic at an intersection. they would have continued a dangerous chase that could have ended in numerous more deaths.

and for the question i am a bit curious and waiting for info on.
did anyone even know a hostage was in the truck? my outlook will weigh heavily on this answer.

i thought it was obvious to ask standard questions before letting the news make your decision.
guess i was wrong

Quote (tagged4nothing @ 7 Dec 2019 01:39)

there is plenty of information out there to determine that it was handled incredibly badly. in that regard it's pretty much irrelevant if the cops KNEW there was a hostage in the vehicle or not, the mere possibility of it makes the shootout a terrible idea - not to mention all the innocent bystanders in the other vehicles, some of which those incompetent idiots used as human shields...

but hey, we don't know the exact number of red lights the robbers ran during the chase - so how can we possibly have an opinion, right? always amazes me how severely police apologists are willing to insult their own intelligence in order to make their ridiculous excuses...
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Dec 6 2019 09:25pm
Quote (fender @ Dec 6 2019 10:11pm)
there is plenty of information out there to determine that it was handled incredibly badly. in that regard it's pretty much irrelevant if the cops KNEW there was a hostage in the vehicle or not, the mere possibility of it makes the shootout a terrible idea - not to mention all the innocent bystanders in the other vehicles, some of which those incompetent idiots used as human shields...

but hey, we don't know the exact number of red lights the robbers ran during the chase - so how can we possibly have an opinion, right? always amazes me how severely police apologists are willing to insult their own intelligence in order to make their ridiculous excuses...

saying it was handled incredibly badly i don't have issues with. i'm still waiting for some info to judge, but that's me.

the topic title, is still a very long stretch.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 7 2019 03:30am
Quote (tagged4nothing @ 7 Dec 2019 03:25)
saying it was handled incredibly badly i don't have issues with. i'm still waiting for some info to judge, but that's me.

the topic title, is still a very long stretch.

A stretch hmm...?

Ok let's take it word by word -

Cops - Police, paramilitary, the guys on the scene.
Unload - In this context referring to them firing their guns over 200 times. That's a lot of shots. The standard sidearm for a police officer in the USA is the Glock 17 which has a 17 round capacity. From the video available it's awkward to see but there don't seem to be more than 10 officers firing meaning that at least some reloaded and fired again. I think 'Unload' is not reasonably described as hyperbolic given this context.
On - Meaning that the word preceeding is affected by the word succeeding.
UPS Driver - A person who works for UPS, in this case the person who was in the vehicle that was shot by the police officers.
who - Suggesting that the succeeding words will refer to the former subject and that the subject is a person.
was - past tense
taken - acquired, obtained etc. In this case forcefully so.
hostage - A thing or person taken by another with the intent of use as leverage or as protection against harm.

Doesn't seem like a stretch to me buddy. The cops unloaded on a UPS driver who was taken hostage.

This post was edited by MxVivianWulf on Dec 7 2019 03:30am
Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 07:39am
Just kill em all and let God sort em out -- the cops
Gold: 107.77
Dec 7 2019 08:10am
Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 08:12am
Quote (MSX98 @ Dec 7 2019 09:10am)

The hero we need :lol:
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev15678910Next