d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cops Unload On Ups Driver Who Was Taken Hostage
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 09:32am
Quote (Surfpunk @ Dec 7 2019 10:25am)
I find UPS's public response to be a bit strange, given the circumstances (emphasis mine):

https://www.facebook.com/ups/photos/a.217043341643310/3056494374364845/?type=3&theater

Seems rather odd to me to "appreciate" the "service" which was the cause of the driver's demise.

They are being mindful and non-accusatory imo. I'm sure whomever killed the UPS driver and several others feel like shit about all this. Unless it was a USPS plant.

UPS doesn't wanna pick a fight with the cops either. Hopefully they compensate the worker's family, grief is enough without the onset of poverty.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 7 2019 09:34am
Gold: 0.00
Dec 7 2019 09:36am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 09:18am)
I think they should be better compensated and since they use their bodies for violent work on behalf of us al I feel like they should have more accessible healthcare than normal. I feel the same for trash collectors and the physical abuse they put themselves though on our behalf. Both are taking out the trash and are worse for the wear from doing it.

They do need better compensation. A lot of them develop PTSD, and the suicide rates for officers is high. I mean, you think about it, every suicide, a cop will be there to investigate, a vehicular incident with death involved, both incidents that can involve children, and can be extremely graphic. Along the massive amount of other messed up stuff they witness and experience. Getting shot at being one of them. The public abuse in some cases, worse family life/higher divorce rates, individuals lying to you on a consistent basis etc. All of it has an effect.

I believe more officers die by suicide per year than from doing the actual job. An issue is, a lot of officers are aware that if they report cases of depression/PTSD that they will also be let go from their position. Which, some officers don't want. Plus, you have to serve for so long for pension benefits, which the reality is, we all do need money to survive. The problem is, it probably is the right course of action for them to report it and step away from the job in many instances.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Dec 7 2019 09:55am
Dec 7 2019 09:45am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 09:32am)
They are being mindful and non-accusatory imo. I'm sure whomever killed the UPS driver and several others feel like shit about all this. Unless it was a USPS plant.

UPS doesn't wanna pick a fight with the cops either. Hopefully they compensate the worker's family, grief is enough without the onset of poverty.

I get that, but the rest of their statement could have stood on its own without the part that I bolded.
Gold: 285.00
Dec 7 2019 09:46am
Quote (GLYC123 @ Dec 7 2019 10:36am)
They do need better compensation. A lot of them develop PTSD, and the suicide rates for officers is high. I mean, you think about it, every suicide, a cop will be there to investigate, a vehicular incident with death involved, both incidents that can involve children, and can be extremely graphic. Along the massive amount of other messed up stuff they witness and experience. Getting shot at being one of them. The public abuse in some cases, etc.

I believe more officers die by suicide per year than from doing the actual job. An issue is, a lot of officers are aware that if they report cases of depression/PTSD that they will also be let go from their position. Which, some officers don't want. Plus, you have to serve for so long for pension benefits, which the reality is, we all do need money to survive. The problem is, it probably is the right course of action for them to report it and step away from the job in many instances.

I've worked with over 3500 individuals over the past three years about the vast majority of them were on a 72 hour hold. I've worked with individuals in very deplorable situations and I can usually help quite a bit. Often they come to me after a first responder cuts them down, narcans them, stops the bleeding, gets them out of the dark holes they are in. I don't envy their jobs. I'm always startled when I find out how little they make. My friend was a trustee for a couple terms in a rural county until about a year ago and had to sign the firefighter paychecks....like $13-15/ hour. That's barely a living wage at all.

/e she was a trustee not a commissioner. She has mules too lol. Mules are killing machines apparently. Donkeys, whatever they are.

This post was edited by Skinned on Dec 7 2019 09:48am
Warn: 20%
Dec 7 2019 09:54am
Dec 7 2019 10:01am
Quote (Skinned @ Dec 7 2019 09:46am)
I've worked with over 3500 individuals over the past three years about the vast majority of them were on a 72 hour hold. I've worked with individuals in very deplorable situations and I can usually help quite a bit. Often they come to me after a first responder cuts them down, narcans them, stops the bleeding, gets them out of the dark holes they are in. I don't envy their jobs. I'm always startled when I find out how little they make. My friend was a trustee for a couple terms in a rural county until about a year ago and had to sign the firefighter paychecks....like $13-15/ hour. That's barely a living wage at all.

/e she was a trustee not a commissioner. She has mules too lol. Mules are killing machines apparently. Donkeys, whatever they are.

Yeah, im assuming you work in some mental health related field? Thank you for that if so, its a much needed profession.

Generally it seems if you're working in a public service position (EMT, Police, Firefighter) you are not coming out well monetary wise. Some of the major cities pay well, but that's about it.

Also speaking of firefighters and narcan, this video, tragic.

This post was edited by GLYC123 on Dec 7 2019 10:04am
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 7 2019 10:33am
Quote (GLYC123 @ 7 Dec 2019 17:01)
Yeah, im assuming you work in some mental health related field? Thank you for that if so, its a much needed profession.

Generally it seems if you're working in a public service position (EMT, Police, Firefighter) you are not coming out well monetary wise. Some of the major cities pay well, but that's about it.

Also speaking of firefighters and narcan, this video, tragic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8k4L97igDjY

More likely you are linking us stuff from fucked murdoch conservative populist shit.

The only truth is that not your cops individually (even if they are really trained like turds and it's not their fault) but your whole police structure messed up in not letting real professional handling and MANAGING this.
Gold: 2,617.52
Dec 7 2019 10:55am
Quote (Saucisson6000 @ Dec 7 2019 11:33am)
More likely you are linking us stuff from fucked murdoch conservative populist shit.

The only truth is that not your cops individually (even if they are really trained like turds and it's not their fault) but your whole police structure messed up in not letting real professional handling and MANAGING this.

Just like the police in Paris. How many casualties? 130?
Gold: 17,384.69
Dec 7 2019 11:50am
Quote (EndlessSky @ 7 Dec 2019 17:55)
Just like the police in Paris. How many casualties? 130?

Nah, you're just saying shit because you feel ashamed of your own cops.
Don't be, it's your freedom and your choice, and when i see your remark i think you perfectly deserve it.

Let's come back in mature discussion:

R.A.I.D
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAID_(French_police_unit)

B.R.I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Research_and_Intervention_Brigade

G.I.G.N
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GIGN

Regarding what happened in Florida the group involved here would have been G.I.G.N*

like S.W.A.T

Thanks

This post was edited by Saucisson6000 on Dec 7 2019 12:15pm
Gold: 356.93
Dec 7 2019 07:28pm
If a cop hides behind my car in a shoot out I'm putting it in reverse.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll