d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Official Philadelphia 76ers Discussion Thread > The Future 2019-20 Nba Champions
Prev13132333435136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 73.65
Jan 14 2020 04:45pm
76ers go as far as Simmons/Embiid takes them. It doesn't matter who your supporting cast is, obviously role players + 3&D wings would be the perfect set up to compliment them. BUT....

Ultimately, the problem with Simmons is there's no clear cut 1A/1B guy. It's no question Embiid is more talented as a scorer + defender, but Simmons is no slouch offensively/defensively, it's just the problem with fit.

As we all know, Simmons cannot shoot. But the problem therein lies, this guy literally is scared to fucking shoot... I have no idea why.
Gold: 1,400.40
Warn: 20%
Jan 14 2020 04:55pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 15 2020 07:13am)
I read your garbage every fucking day and do you ever hear me complain?

All the time
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2020 05:30pm
Quote (ShampooMonK @ Jan 14 2020 05:45pm)
76ers go as far as Simmons/Embiid takes them. It doesn't matter who your supporting cast is, obviously role players + 3&D wings would be the perfect set up to compliment them. BUT....

Ultimately, the problem with Simmons is there's no clear cut 1A/1B guy. It's no question Embiid is more talented as a scorer + defender, but Simmons is no slouch offensively/defensively, it's just the problem with fit.

As we all know, Simmons cannot shoot. But the problem therein lies, this guy literally is scared to fucking shoot... I have no idea why.

Embiid is a more important piece to the team defensively, because he's a big man and protects the rim and paint very well. I wouldn't say he's a more talented defender though, Simmons is pretty freaking insane defensively (and can defend all 5 positions) and is actually more versatile because he's 6'10'' but has foot speed and lateral quickness of like a 6'2'' guard. I don't know how many guys have the lateral speed of Simmons, this mother fucker has clamps badge on HOF rofl. They complement each other well on defense, that's for sure.

But yes, they're not the ideal fit offensively because obviously they both like to utilize the paint to score. No secret there, hence why Embiid tries to incorporate so many god damn threes.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jan 14 2020 05:32pm
Gold: 1,400.40
Warn: 20%
Jan 14 2020 05:39pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 15 2020 10:30am)
Embiid is a more important piece to the team defensively, because he's a big man and protects the rim and paint very well. I wouldn't say he's a more talented defender though, Simmons is pretty freaking insane defensively (and can defend all 5 positions) and is actually more versatile because he's 6'10'' but has foot speed and lateral quickness of like a 6'2'' guard. I don't know how many guys have the lateral speed of Simmons, this mother fucker has clamps badge on HOF rofl. They complement each other well on defense, that's for sure.

But yes, they're not the ideal fit offensively because obviously they both like to utilize the paint to score. No secret there, hence why Embiid tries to incorporate so many god damn threes.

Omegacringe
Gold: 3,100.00
Jan 14 2020 07:56pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 14 2020 03:30pm)

I think that's part of it, but it's also been shown that Embiid's conditioning is questionable at best.
Until Embiid fixes that part of his game. He's closer to dwight howard, than Shaq.

But as I said before. This deep into his career, even after his own acknowledgement of his weaknesses. It's still a major hole in his game.
When HoFers are calling you out on it. Take notice.
Or you can be like Boogie. Who before he got traded he was going to take the life changing supermax contract from the Kings. That was most important to him.
Looks like Embiid is just happy to be famous.
You can shed tears after losing all you want. But conditioning is something you can control.

Embiid is still prolly the most talented legit 7 footer in the game. But he could be so much better if he took care of the things he can control.

Edit - because I know you'll bring it up...
Yes I'm aware he plays 31mpg this season. But how many of those minutes is he loafing? If I watch a Philly game at least 3 minutes every game before he comes out he's loafing.
He doesn't have to sprint every play. But he has to know he is the most impactful player for Philly on both ends. He needs to take ownership and put himself in position to make the play.

This post was edited by UnEvilManiac on Jan 14 2020 08:00pm
Gold: 200.00
Jan 14 2020 10:28pm
Quote (Winlaw @ Jan 14 2020 01:27pm)
Come on my guy, I was obviously kidding about the backpedal comment lmao. I do agree 100% that the Sixers are built for post season success, but if Embiid were to go down in the playoffs (injury bug always gonna linger w/ him) .. y'all would be toast first round likely. This roster is in dire need of shooters, a guy like JJ Reddit would probably work wonders spacing the floor for this team, don't yah think?

People here, myself included, love to give you shit because you ALWAYS jump the gun on your players, teams etc.. and sometimes that shit comes back to make you look silly. Case in point right now. I commend you for always having the utmost faith in your team, even tho you come across as blind at times

Al Horford - hasn't been remotely close earning the big $$

Tobiass Harass - ^ same

Josh "best player on the Heat last season" Richardson - underwhelming so far, I'm sure you would agree here? promising young player, just doesn't look like he meshes with the team. but than again, none of them seem to really mesh well lmao

Matisse "diamond in the rough 2.0" Thybull - haven't heard you make a peep about the rook since the beginning of the season. looks to be a great defender, but that's it. jump shot on par w/ your Fresh Prince aka..

Ben "maybe this offseason 3pter" Simmons - game hasn't grown at all. an absolute unit in transition but a liability in half court sets. it remains to be seen if he and Embiid will ever mesh if Simmons cannot shoot the damn ball

Josh Richardson was looking good before he got a leg injury and has been playing great.

Tobias and Al Horford has been straight ass. Tobi puts up pts but continues to brick shots in big moments and doesn't carry the team enough to warrant paying him 35mil.

Mattise Thybulle was injured and out for like 3 weeks. Just came back recently. He's limited offensively but he's shooting 42.1% from 3pt range. He cannot create for himself but his jumpshot is fine.

Ben Simmons went from ROY to all-star now an all-star and a lock for an all-nba defensive team. To say his game hasn't grown is stupid.

Embiid + Simmons - Al Horford lineups have an offensive rating above milwaukee and dallas' this season.

So damn sick of this narrative that they can't coexist. The problem is playing Al Horford with them both and Elton Brand is a goddamn moron.

This post was edited by Embiid on Jan 14 2020 10:29pm
Jan 15 2020 08:48am
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Jan 14 2020 08:56pm)
I think that's part of it, but it's also been shown that Embiid's conditioning is questionable at best.
Until Embiid fixes that part of his game. He's closer to dwight howard, than Shaq.

But as I said before. This deep into his career, even after his own acknowledgement of his weaknesses. It's still a major hole in his game.
When HoFers are calling you out on it. Take notice.
Or you can be like Boogie. Who before he got traded he was going to take the life changing supermax contract from the Kings. That was most important to him.
Looks like Embiid is just happy to be famous.
You can shed tears after losing all you want. But conditioning is something you can control.

Embiid is still prolly the most talented legit 7 footer in the game. But he could be so much better if he took care of the things he can control.

Edit - because I know you'll bring it up...
Yes I'm aware he plays 31mpg this season. But how many of those minutes is he loafing? If I watch a Philly game at least 3 minutes every game before he comes out he's loafing.
He doesn't have to sprint every play. But he has to know he is the most impactful player for Philly on both ends. He needs to take ownership and put himself in position to make the play.

I don't disagree about Embiid's conditioning, while I think it's improved over the last 1-2 years to now it's obvious he still has work to do. He doesn't get as tired or look as drained as he used to, but he still has moments where you can see that he's exhausted.

To be fair, he also puts it all on the court. The guy plays incredibly hard on both ends of the floor, and as a big man he runs paint to paint which is even more exhausting. That's why we see him pull up from 3 as the trailer in many cases, because A.) He can hit those and B.) it shortens the distance he has to run. As long as he doesn't get carried away with the 3's and settle for them instead of looking to attack first then i'm fine with it.
Jan 15 2020 08:55am
Quote (Embiid @ Jan 14 2020 11:28pm)
Josh Richardson was looking good before he got a leg injury and has been playing great.

Tobias and Al Horford has been straight ass. Tobi puts up pts but continues to brick shots in big moments and doesn't carry the team enough to warrant paying him 35mil.

Mattise Thybulle was injured and out for like 3 weeks. Just came back recently. He's limited offensively but he's shooting 42.1% from 3pt range. He cannot create for himself but his jumpshot is fine.

Ben Simmons went from ROY to all-star now an all-star and a lock for an all-nba defensive team. To say his game hasn't grown is stupid.

Embiid + Simmons - Al Horford lineups have an offensive rating above milwaukee and dallas' this season.

So damn sick of this narrative that they can't coexist. The problem is playing Al Horford with them both and Elton Brand is a goddamn moron.

I was listening to 97.5 the other day and they were talking about the idea of moving Richardson in a trade if the Sixers look to get someone at the deadline, and they agreed with it acting like he was no big deal.

Like WUT....the man is locked up through next season at just $10M per year and he has been playing pretty damn good averaging 24/4/3 on 49% FG over his last 4 games (hence the Eastern Conference player of the week award).

Even on the season as a whole (16/3/3) he's legit, and when you factor in what he's being paid it's highway robbery and easily one of the best team friendly contracts in the league. The definition of a bargain, he's going to see a MASSIVE pay increase when he gets paid in free agency before the 2021-2022 season.
Jan 15 2020 09:18am
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 15 2020 09:55am)
I was listening to 97.5 the other day and they were talking about the idea of moving Richardson in a trade if the Sixers look to get someone at the deadline, and they agreed with it acting like he was no big deal.

Like WUT....the man is locked up through next season at just $10M per year and he has been playing pretty damn good averaging 24/4/3 on 49% FG over his last 4 games (hence the Eastern Conference player of the week award).

Even on the season as a whole (16/3/3) he's legit, and when you factor in what he's being paid it's highway robbery and easily one of the best team friendly contracts in the league. The definition of a bargain, he's going to see a MASSIVE pay increase when he gets paid in free agency before the 2021-2022 season.

First problem is listening to radio shows and people who call in, they are the most obnoxious lol.

Our team lacks a good ball handler and the first thing they want to do is trade him, granted he's probably our only worthwhile asset left but still. People are dumb.
Jan 15 2020 06:55pm
1/7 from 3pt range

good start

these fucking bums

Mattisse shitting on these scrubs tho
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev13132333435136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll