d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Basketball > The Official Philadelphia 76ers Discussion Thread > The Future 2019-20 Nba Champions
Prev12930313233136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2020 10:02am
Quote (UnEvilManiac @ Jan 14 2020 01:43am)
Ben Simmons is one of those players who is just happy he made it to the NBA and therefore is famous.
Shaq and Charles said all that needs to be said about Embiid.

Both these 'superstars' are who Philly tanked for in order to get out of the NBA's 'treadmill status'.
Except they're right back where they were before they started tanking.
Bottom 4 playoff seed & bad contracts.
Philly will be this way for another 2-3 years before those pieces become movable and they have a chance to put different pieces around Embiid and Simmons.
Harris & Horford were mistakes. Okafor and Fultz were mistakes. Saric was a mistake.
You can't hit on every move. But at the end of the day Philly is just as treadmill as when they had Jrue starting.

76ers record against the top 4 seeded teams in the East this season:

vs Milwaukee: 1-0
vs Boston: 3-0
vs Miami: 1-2
vs Toronto: 1-1

Even with the shit show and inconsistencies of playing down to their opponents level, it's still very obvious that on talent alone the Sixers are able to match up with any team in the league. They also tend to get up for the biggest games, as well as not show up for "less important" games.

Obviously there is an issue, and it's not talent. They should be a top 2 seed in the East on paper, easily. The issue at this point has to be coaching, and the way this roster is constructed doesn't help. It's obvious there will be a deadline move for a shooter or two, but when push comes to shove come playoff time this team would be an absolute nightmare for any of these top seeded teams to get matched up with in the first round if the Sixers truly did fail to lock in home court advantage.

With that said, Sixers will still secure home court advantage no worries (currently only 1 game back). The season isn't going the way we wanted, and a 25-16 record exactly 50% of the way through the season is certainly underachieving, but there's still a whole second half of the season to be played.

Keep in mind even with all of this, only 3.5 games separate the #2 seed Celtics and the #6 seed Sixers at the moment. With 41 games left to play.

This post was edited by Sixers on Jan 14 2020 10:04am
Gold: 1,400.40
Warn: 20%
Jan 14 2020 10:41am
Celtics might not be able to beat the Sixers this season... but they might not have to. Sixers doing a good job of running themselves out of the playoffs before theyve even begun LOL

This post was edited by CFL on Jan 14 2020 10:42am
Jan 14 2020 11:17am
Quote (CFL @ Jan 14 2020 11:41am)
Celtics might not be able to beat the Sixers this season... but they might not have to. Sixers doing a good job of running themselves out of the playoffs before theyve even begun LOL

Eat shit, but you're right.

Still half a season to go though, a lot of games left to be played. Tides will change soon enough, the Sixers have been so up and down this season it's ridiculous.
Gold: 1,239.13
Jan 14 2020 11:28am
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 14 2020 11:02am)
76ers record against the top 4 seeded teams in the East this season:

vs Milwaukee: 1-0
vs Boston: 3-0
vs Miami: 1-2
vs Toronto: 1-1

Even with the shit show and inconsistencies of playing down to their opponents level, it's still very obvious that on talent alone the Sixers are able to match up with any team in the league. They also tend to get up for the biggest games, as well as not show up for "less important" games.

Obviously there is an issue, and it's not talent. They should be a top 2 seed in the East on paper, easily. The issue at this point has to be coaching, and the way this roster is constructed doesn't help. It's obvious there will be a deadline move for a shooter or two, but when push comes to shove come playoff time this team would be an absolute nightmare for any of these top seeded teams to get matched up with in the first round if the Sixers truly did fail to lock in home court advantage.

With that said, Sixers will still secure home court advantage no worries (currently only 1 game back). The season isn't going the way we wanted, and a 25-16 record exactly 50% of the way through the season is certainly underachieving, but there's still a whole second half of the season to be played.

Keep in mind even with all of this, only 3.5 games separate the #2 seed Celtics and the #6 seed Sixers at the moment. With 41 games left to play.

But you spent hours upon hours in the off-season gloating about how good of a job Elton Brand has done.. how the main weakness was at back up C, because you had nobody who could give Embiid a quick breather without losing productivity. I could literally go on and on, regurgitating all the bullshit you spewed, but I’m sure you get the point.

Just another classic DM “backpedal” 🤣
Jan 14 2020 11:29am
Quote (Winlaw @ Jan 14 2020 12:28pm)
But you spent hours upon hours in the off-season gloating about how good of a job Elton Brand has done.. how the main weakness was at back up C, because you had nobody who could give Embiid a quick breather without losing productivity. I could literally go on and on, regurgitating all the bullshit you spewed, but I’m sure you get the point.

Rip
Jan 14 2020 11:40am
Quote (Winlaw @ Jan 14 2020 12:28pm)

So first, let me point out that you have no idea how to use the term "backpedal" because you just butchered it. Let it be known i'm in no way backpedaling, as I'm not going back on what I said....i've been fairly critical of BB for a while, but I like the guy and I want to see him win a championship after going through "the process" years of tanking. It looks now like he may not be the answer to that, because he's not utilizing guys the way they need to be utilized.

Second, I don't mind the job Brand has done in general as much as I do the coaching job that BB has done. I don't mind the signing of Horford, because it made absolute sense and only come playoff time when the rotations shrink and size, physicality and defense become huge factors will we truly see the benefits. With that said, Horford has been underwhelming in many cases this season, and when given an opportunity to start at Center with Embiid out Horford has not consistently been that big impact player. He shows up big in certain games, and then others he looks like a 52 year old jacking wild 3's in the YMCA. Come playoff time though it should be nice having someone that can actually hold their own, just hopefully we get the big game Al and not the version we have seen at times this season.
Gold: 200.00
Jan 14 2020 11:45am
The dude only shows up to play against Boston and once every other 6 games
Gold: 200.00
Jan 14 2020 11:53am
Oh and data came out for yesterday's game.

Ben Simmons had a potential 16 assists yesterday, ended up with 3.

His average on the season is 16 potential assists for 8.5 actual.

The team shot 1/16 on wide open 3's yesterday. Usually I like to shit on Brett Brown, but it doesn't seem like his scheme sucks dick, it's just the players going full retard and Brand brought some of the shittiest 3pt shooters to play with one of the best passers in the NBA.

The last play call to Tobias to shoot a 3 with 27 sec on the shot clock down 2 was quite retarded, but I'm not sure if that's on BB or Tobias Harris. Either way they both can suck a dick.

I mean it's clear who the future of the 76ers is and Elton Brand decided to build around them the most retarded way possible.

This post was edited by Embiid on Jan 14 2020 11:56am
Jan 14 2020 12:17pm
Quote (Embiid @ Jan 14 2020 12:53pm)
Oh and data came out for yesterday's game.

Ben Simmons had a potential 16 assists yesterday, ended up with 3.

His average on the season is 16 potential assists for 8.5 actual.

The team shot 1/16 on wide open 3's yesterday. Usually I like to shit on Brett Brown, but it doesn't seem like his scheme sucks dick, it's just the players going full retard and Brand brought some of the shittiest 3pt shooters to play with one of the best passers in the NBA.

The last play call to Tobias to shoot a 3 with 27 sec on the shot clock down 2 was quite retarded, but I'm not sure if that's on BB or Tobias Harris. Either way they both can suck a dick.

I mean it's clear who the future of the 76ers is and Elton Brand decided to build around them the most retarded way possible.

Also worth noting, Ben Simmons leads the NBA with 73.3 passes per game.

#2 is Jokic
#3 is Lowry
#4 is LeBron

This post was edited by Sixers on Jan 14 2020 12:19pm
Gold: 1,239.13
Jan 14 2020 12:27pm
Quote (Sixers @ Jan 14 2020 12:40pm)
So first, let me point out that you have no idea how to use the term "backpedal" because you just butchered it. Let it be known i'm in no way backpedaling, as I'm not going back on what I said....i've been fairly critical of BB for a while, but I like the guy and I want to see him win a championship after going through "the process" years of tanking. It looks now like he may not be the answer to that, because he's not utilizing guys the way they need to be utilized.

Second, I don't mind the job Brand has done in general as much as I do the coaching job that BB has done. I don't mind the signing of Horford, because it made absolute sense and only come playoff time when the rotations shrink and size, physicality and defense become huge factors will we truly see the benefits. With that said, Horford has been underwhelming in many cases this season, and when given an opportunity to start at Center with Embiid out Horford has not consistently been that big impact player. He shows up big in certain games, and then others he looks like a 52 year old jacking wild 3's in the YMCA. Come playoff time though it should be nice having someone that can actually hold their own, just hopefully we get the big game Al and not the version we have seen at times this season.

Come on my guy, I was obviously kidding about the backpedal comment lmao. I do agree 100% that the Sixers are built for post season success, but if Embiid were to go down in the playoffs (injury bug always gonna linger w/ him) .. y'all would be toast first round likely. This roster is in dire need of shooters, a guy like JJ Reddit would probably work wonders spacing the floor for this team, don't yah think?

People here, myself included, love to give you shit because you ALWAYS jump the gun on your players, teams etc.. and sometimes that shit comes back to make you look silly. Case in point right now. I commend you for always having the utmost faith in your team, even tho you come across as blind at times

Al Horford - hasn't been remotely close earning the big $$

Tobiass Harass - ^ same

Josh "best player on the Heat last season" Richardson - underwhelming so far, I'm sure you would agree here? promising young player, just doesn't look like he meshes with the team. but than again, none of them seem to really mesh well lmao

Matisse "diamond in the rough 2.0" Thybull - haven't heard you make a peep about the rook since the beginning of the season. looks to be a great defender, but that's it. jump shot on par w/ your Fresh Prince aka..

Ben "maybe this offseason 3pter" Simmons - game hasn't grown at all. an absolute unit in transition but a liability in half court sets. it remains to be seen if he and Embiid will ever mesh if Simmons cannot shoot the damn ball
Go Back To Basketball Topic List
Prev12930313233136Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll