d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Incredible Video About Lost Ancient Civilizations
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 5 2019 04:24pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 04:39pm)
my logic was flawless ^_^ ! i was thinking "shit quality is consistent with cutting them any tools they had", copper tools are just a subtype of that, so shit quality is consistent with cutting them with copper tools as well :P

anyways, have you played the incredible machine? its a little old, but still a lovely game :wub: ! the later levels are really fucked up, you are supposed to build something and they give you like 50 random parts, some of which arent even used :wacko: the early levels were really easy though :wub: ! you get 2-3 parts, and it is really obvious how to combine them!

so think about this as an incredible machine level :blush: ! scientists know the tools the ancient egyptians had, and there werent many of them. there was no special way to use them that we dont know of, i mean a saw is a saw, you cut stuff with it and thats it. that is why it should be extremely simple for a couple of scientists to reconstruct the process of cutting a stone for the pyramid, right :unsure: ? so get a team of scientists, reconstruct the process, get a couple of hard pipe hitting niggas that can get the physical job done as fast as possible, and record a video of it :mellow: ! that would be actual proof that egyptians could do it! thats what bugs me, this is so easy to prove, yet no one did it :unsure: or they did and i cant find a video of it for whatever reason :wacko: !

so you assume anything they cut would be shit quality, but have no proof copper tools produce shit quality cuts? copper is harder than limestone, you can cut anything with something harder than it. the only difference between steel tools and copper tools is the time it takes for them to cut and the wear on the tools themselves.

really tho you're basing your assumption on a negative, not a positive. you dont have a video that proves copper tools make poor cuts, you only have a lack of videos you've seen on copper tools making quality cuts. this isn't flawless logic, it's bias confirmation.

here's a video about the theory of shaft raising blocks into place, using not only technology egyptians had but also using the causeways present at all pyramid sites as evidence.

Sep 5 2019 04:27pm
here is a video showing how the cutting and drilling would have been done. recreated just as you say no one has recreated them.

Gold: 17,400.00
Sep 5 2019 04:32pm
I want to add that recently they discovered alot of ruins under the sahara desert. The sahara apparently used to be a lake aswell. Now that being said they think it was heavily populated and was used as a trading route thousands of years ago. The egyptians that migrated to egypt/discovered documented them mostly being buried under sand. So it is a possibilty that the egyptian culture is double the age we think. They could of migrated away after the lake dried up and became the sahara. Then their descendants or a spinoff of the original evolution later on discovered the already built pyramids. That being said the egyptian culture we know of today had nothing to do with the construction of the originals. Which would explain why the hundreds built after are so mathmatically poor and constructed like crap. Some great cataclysm had to of occured and wiped out a civilization which would explain the loss of knowledge.

This post was edited by kalelvszod on Sep 5 2019 04:33pm
Sep 5 2019 04:37pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 5 2019 05:32pm)
I want to add that recently they discovered alot of ruins under the sahara desert. The sahara apparently used to be a lake aswell. Now that being said they think it was heavily populated and was used as a trading route thousands of years ago. The egyptians that migrated to egypt/discovered documented them mostly being buried under sand. So it is a possibilty that the egyptian culture is double the age we think. They could of migrated away after the lake dried up and became the sahara. Then their descendants or a spinoff of the original evolution later on discovered the already built pyramids. That being said the egyptian culture we know of today had nothing to do with the construction of the originals. Which would explain why the hundreds built after are so mathmatically poor and constructed like crap. Some great cataclysm had to of occured and wiped out a civilization which would explain the loss of knowledge.

the more central question is do you need a deep understand of math to build the pyramids. and if so, why? we know there are "failed pyramids", so is simple trial and error all you need to achieve greatness? they had levels afterall, water is a level.
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 5 2019 04:42pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2019 12:24am)
so you assume anything they cut would be shit quality, but have no proof copper tools produce shit quality cuts? copper is harder than limestone, you can cut anything with something harder than it. the only difference between steel tools and copper tools is the time it takes for them to cut and the wear on the tools themselves.

really tho you're basing your assumption on a negative, not a positive. you dont have a video that proves copper tools make poor cuts, you only have a lack of videos you've seen on copper tools making quality cuts. this isn't flawless logic, it's bias confirmation.

here's a video about the theory of shaft raising blocks into place, using not only technology egyptians had but also using the causeways present at all pyramid sites as evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1y8N0ePuF8

i honestly cant see why you are attacking me :unsure: if we had a misunderstanding, you could just ask and i can clarify what i meant :blush: ! basically i didnt even mean anything about the hardness of the tool, i was thinking about the precision :wacko: i dont think its possible to make the cuts as perfect as what the pyramids have, without using machines and some heavy industrial tools :unsure:

also whats that crap about confirmation bias, man just show me a video of someone making a good cut with a metal tool/saw/sandpaper/whatever else they had, and i will be the first to say that its possible :unsure: i remember there was an experiment called nova...something :unsure: they tried to do what im suggesting here and failed miserably with the precision, but they were like "yeah bro its totally possible, we just need more practice :mellow: ". so how about, make another nova experiment, but this time do your practice and end the debate once and for all :unsure: ? until then, while i cant dismiss your theory, you cant dismiss mine either. i see no reason for hostilities :mellow:
Sep 5 2019 04:47pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 6 2019 12:32am)

exactly what i was saying, its perfectly possible that the failed pyramids were made AFTER the good ones, and that whoever made the original ones didnt have anything to do with the egyptians :wacko: like when i was a kid and wanted to make a technodrome after i saw it in the ninja turtles, because i wanted a fucking technodrome ^_^
Sep 5 2019 04:49pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 05:42pm)
i honestly cant see why you are attacking me :unsure: if we had a misunderstanding, you could just ask and i can clarify what i meant :blush: ! basically i didnt even mean anything about the hardness of the tool, i was thinking about the precision :wacko: i dont think its possible to make the cuts as perfect as what the pyramids have, without using machines and some heavy industrial tools :unsure:

also whats that crap about confirmation bias, man just show me a video of someone making a good cut with a metal tool/saw/sandpaper/whatever else they had, and i will be the first to say that its possible :unsure: i remember there was an experiment called nova...something :unsure: they tried to do what im suggesting here and failed miserably with the precision, but they were like "yeah bro its totally possible, we just need more practice :mellow: ". so how about, make another nova experiment, but this time do your practice and end the debate once and for all :unsure: ? until then, while i cant dismiss your theory, you cant dismiss mine either. i see no reason for hostilities :mellow:

Did u watch the videos?
Sep 5 2019 04:49pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2019 12:49am)
Did u watch the videos?

no :( will do now :blush: !
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Sep 5 2019 04:54pm
Pyramids were build by old egyptians to honor the gods.

Why? Well because water was scarce in ancient equipt so all they did was pray to the gods for rain.

When you use your brain and realize how essential water is it makes perfect sense thousands of people build the pyramids or maybe even more.

The nile river was the core of ancient egypt.

They wanted the nile river to flood. The egyptians called this season Akhet. It was essential for the land. The flood brought rich black soil wich made it possible for farmers to grow crops.

There is no conspiracy theory. Just simply use your brain.
Gold: 17,400.00
Sep 5 2019 05:33pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 06:37pm)
the more central question is do you need a deep understand of math to build the pyramids. and if so, why? we know there are "failed pyramids", so is simple trial and error all you need to achieve greatness? they had levels afterall, water is a level.

Well imo any structure of that magnitude even the failed ones would require advanced math. Were talking thousands of rocks that need to be placed precisely.
Quote (Lasagnacat @ Sep 5 2019 06:54pm)
Pyramids were build by old egyptians to honor the gods.

Why? Well because water was scarce in ancient equipt so all they did was pray to the gods for rain.

When you use your brain and realize how essential water is it makes perfect sense thousands of people build the pyramids or maybe even more.

The nile river was the core of ancient egypt.

They wanted the nile river to flood. The egyptians called this season Akhet. It was essential for the land. The flood brought rich black soil wich made it possible for farmers to grow crops.

There is no conspiracy theory. Just simply use your brain.

Well if the sphinx was built at same time as the grest pyramid then the water was already there hehe. Watch the videos about the sahara being a great lake and rainforest. The water was not needed from the nile so your logic is flawed.

Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 06:47pm)
exactly what i was saying, its perfectly possible that the failed pyramids were made AFTER the good ones, and that whoever made the original ones didnt have anything to do with the egyptians :wacko: like when i was a kid and wanted to make a technodrome after i saw it in the ninja turtles, because i wanted a fucking technodrome ^_^

Could be a monkey see monkey do thing. But you would still need to be somewhat intelligent even by todays standards to accomplish such a feat with literally no technology. In the video they also talk about some roman temples that were constructed on a megolithic structure with slabs off rock that weigh 900 tons which predate romans...which is puzzling to me is how civilizations all over had idea to build pyramids.sure its a great idea but its weird they all shared same imagination.

This post was edited by kalelvszod on Sep 5 2019 05:34pm
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll