d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Incredible Video About Lost Ancient Civilizations
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 5 2019 05:36pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 6 2019 01:33am)
Well imo any structure of that magnitude even the failed ones would require advanced math. Were talking thousands of rocks that need to be placed precisely.

Well if the sphinx was built at same time as the grest pyramid then the water was already there hehe. Watch the videos about the sahara being a great lake and rainforest. The water was not needed from the nile so your logic is flawed.

Could be a monkey see monkey do thing. But you would still need to be somewhat intelligent even by todays standards to accomplish such a feat with literally no technology. In the video they also talk about some roman temples that were constructed on a megolithic structure with slabs off rock that weigh 900 tons...which is puzzling to me is how civilizations all over had idea to build pyramids.sure its a great idea but its weird they all shared same imagination.

The flooding of the nile was essential. So it makes perfect sense they worshipped many gods and prayed for rain and flood season.

One lake or forest doesn't change that fact.

You want to see things that aren't there. Typical with many conspiracy theorists.

This post was edited by Lasagnacat on Sep 5 2019 05:40pm
Gold: 17,400.00
Sep 5 2019 05:43pm
Quote (Lasagnacat @ Sep 5 2019 07:36pm)
The flooding of the nile was essential. So it makes perfect sense they worshipped many gods and prayed for rain and flood season.

One lake or forest doesn't change that fact.

You want to see things that aren't there. Typical with many conspiracy theorists.

um but the sahara once being a rainforest and a great lake is true :bonk: at that time rainfall was plenty in that region so once again not a conspiracy but actual fact B)
Gold: 2,364.01
Sep 5 2019 05:51pm
ancient egyptians got struck by climate change :bouncy:
Sep 5 2019 05:53pm
Quote (Crud1ty @ Sep 5 2019 07:51pm)
ancient egyptians got struck by climate change :bouncy:

bbbbbbingo :thumbsup:
Gold: 2,364.01
Sep 5 2019 05:58pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 6 2019 02:53am)
bbbbbbingo :thumbsup:

they totally shouldve started produce green energy :(
Sep 5 2019 06:05pm
Quote (Crud1ty @ Sep 5 2019 07:58pm)
they totally shouldve started produce green energy :(

imagine what the world would be like today if the dark ages never existed and ancient knowledge was passed down instead of lost. i think we would be colonizing planets by now. i hear all these stories about egyptians having power plants and the baghdad battery. sounds cool,maybe the baghdad batter did exist. but then wouldnt we have discovered one piece of technology by now in the ruins. if that day ever comes would totally be a game changer hah :lol:
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 5 2019 09:33pm
Quote (kalelvszod @ Sep 6 2019 02:05am)
imagine what the world would be like today if the dark ages never existed and ancient knowledge was passed down instead of lost. i think we would be colonizing planets by now. i hear all these stories about egyptians having power plants and the baghdad battery. sounds cool,maybe the baghdad batter did exist. but then wouldnt we have discovered one piece of technology by now in the ruins. if that day ever comes would totally be a game changer hah :lol:

Pyramids are landing space for ancient attack helicopters
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 6 2019 08:56am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2019 12:27am)
here is a video showing how the cutting and drilling would have been done. recreated just as you say no one has recreated them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeS5lrmyD74

okay i watched the videos :blush: ! that looks...very unconvincing :unsure: !

i like how happily they exclaimed "we managed to cut 15cm in a few days :blush: !" that job was done by 2-3 people. so with practice, it would probably be possible to do 15cm in a day by 2 people, cause i mean...well those scientists dont really have the muscles of michael jordan :mellow: so thats about 1m per week for 2 people, so with like 1.5~2 mil blocks, that would be about 2 million weeks for 2 people. if you had lets say 50k workers, that would be a little less than 2 years. so that checks out easily no matter how you approximate it, so it doesnt bother me whatsoever!

what bothers me is the precision (or lack thereof). the result of their cutting was absolute trash honestly, and you cant really do it better by getting better workers :wacko: ive seen much better work, and done in basalt, which is hard af :wacko: the consistent thing were the vertical lines, i saw them everywhere and they suggest the stones were cut by a saw :wacko: but idk man, this was absolute trash quality compared to random basalt stones you can see in half the videos by brian foerster or someone who actually does that work. personally the looks of those basalt stones suggest some machine type of saw, something waaay more precise than those scientists managed to do :unsure:
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 6 2019 09:17am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 6 2019 09:56am)
okay i watched the videos :blush: ! that looks...very unconvincing :unsure: !

i like how happily they exclaimed "we managed to cut 15cm in a few days :blush: !" that job was done by 2-3 people. so with practice, it would probably be possible to do 15cm in a day by 2 people, cause i mean...well those scientists dont really have the muscles of michael jordan :mellow: so thats about 1m per week for 2 people, so with like 1.5~2 mil blocks, that would be about 2 million weeks for 2 people. if you had lets say 50k workers, that would be a little less than 2 years. so that checks out easily no matter how you approximate it, so it doesnt bother me whatsoever!

what bothers me is the precision (or lack thereof). the result of their cutting was absolute trash honestly, and you cant really do it better by getting better workers :wacko: ive seen much better work, and done in basalt, which is hard af :wacko: the consistent thing were the vertical lines, i saw them everywhere and they suggest the stones were cut by a saw :wacko: but idk man, this was absolute trash quality compared to random basalt stones you can see in half the videos by brian foerster or someone who actually does that work. personally the looks of those basalt stones suggest some machine type of saw, something waaay more precise than those scientists managed to do :unsure:

Did you watch the video about using the causeways as assembly lines to cut the blocks using floats? that's the really interesting one.

as to the precision of the blocks I agree it's not easy. it would take years of training to get the cuts and finishing straight, luckily limestone is very soft especially in water. basalt is like steel compared to wet limestone. it's been suggested they could have used some sort of copper/sand impregnated rope as a way to friction cut the stones, the same has been suggested of the Incas. this seems most likely and far more practical than the idea of a copper saw of some kind. precision with such a tool wouldn't be that hard to explain, pull straight and it cuts straight. and would eliminate the need for chisel finishing.

i've heard estimates in the past that the cutting of blocks for Giza could have started 10-20 years before construction. this has been based on findings of sites for cutting that were later covered up i believe. the video does point out tho how odd it is they made 'causeways' with 3-5 foot thick walls, that later only acted as walk ways. it seems likely they were flooded at one time. whether to act as an ornamental moat or to move blocks, or both, who knows.
Gold: 12,916.00
Warn: 30%
Sep 6 2019 09:28am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 6 2019 05:17pm)
Did you watch the video about using the causeways as assembly lines to cut the blocks using floats? that's the really interesting one.

as to the precision of the blocks I agree it's not easy. it would take years of training to get the cuts and finishing straight, luckily limestone is very soft especially in water. basalt is like steel compared to wet limestone. it's been suggested they could have used some sort of copper/sand impregnated rope as a way to friction cut the stones, the same has been suggested of the Incas. this seems most likely and far more practical than the idea of a copper saw of some kind. precision with such a tool wouldn't be that hard to explain, pull straight and it cuts straight. and would eliminate the need for chisel finishing.

i've heard estimates in the past that the cutting of blocks for Giza could have started 10-20 years before construction. this has been based on findings of sites for cutting that were later covered up i believe. the video does point out tho how odd it is they made 'causeways' with 3-5 foot thick walls, that later only acted as walk ways. it seems likely they were flooded at one time. whether to act as an ornamental moat or to move blocks, or both, who knows.

i did watch, that one is very cute :wub: ! but i had no arguments against it so i didnt mention it, i mean it is one of the better theories out there cause it also explains the causeways :blush: also i wasnt very surprised by it, here we use a similar idea to lift boats up the river if it has cascades :wacko:

still it looks weird to me...i mean lets say theres some way to cut them perfectly using ropes and such, and have the idea of the huge stone blocks with different shapes. but how in hell would egyptians do it the absolutely same way as the incas, same cutting, same structure etc...very hard to me to watch how similar they are and assume the builders did them unknowingly of each other :wacko:
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll