d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Incredible Video About Lost Ancient Civilizations
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 5 2019 10:18am
i'll still watch it but when it starts "even in 2019 we can't explain how the pyramids were built"..... :rolleyes: . in reality there's like a few "problematic" stones per pyramid. for about 999,999 out of 1,000,000 blocks in the pyramids we can explain how they were built. the astonishing thing is the scale and distance stones traveled. we know teams of 30-40 men with nothing but logs and ropes could move the construction blocks. we know skilled masons could cut and shape the stones even with only copper tools. and we know boats could transport the blocks across the Nile.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 5 2019 10:19am
Gold: 12,797.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 5 2019 10:29am
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 06:18pm)
i'll still watch it but when it starts "even in 2019 we can't explain how the pyramids were built"..... :rolleyes: . in reality there's like a few "problematic" stones per pyramid. for about 999,999 out of 1,000,000 blocks in the pyramids we can explain how they were built. the astonishing thing is the scale and distance stones traveled. we know teams of 30-40 men with nothing but logs and ropes could move the construction blocks. we know skilled masons could cut and shape the stones even with only copper tools. and we know boats could transport the blocks across the Nile.

personally i think all that stuff is way too weird. egyptians couldnt travel overseas, yet you can find the same megalithic type of building across the globe, and those things are made to last :wacko: the objects are almost immune even to earthquakes, and the precision is absolutely insane even by todays standards :wacko: also the newer pyramids seem way shittier than the old ones, tbh theres a whole lot of evidence about someone else building the damn things. egyptians were kinda retarded, they couldnt build shit. if i had to bet, i would probably guess that humans existed before egypt, and that pyramids were build by us, and then something just wiped us out almost completely :wacko:

still i just cant trust that guy! he seems like the guy who went to school with you and you havent heard from him ever since, and 20 years later and he calls you with "hey man, you wont BELIEVE what deal i got for you", and then he tries to sell you a pyramid scheme <_<
Sep 5 2019 10:34am
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 11:29am)
personally i think all that stuff is way too weird. egyptians couldnt travel overseas, yet you can find the same megalithic type of building across the globe, and those things are made to last :wacko: the objects are almost immune even to earthquakes, and the precision is absolutely insane even by todays standards :wacko: also the newer pyramids seem way shittier than the old ones, tbh theres a whole lot of evidence about someone else building the damn things. egyptians were kinda retarded, they couldnt build shit. if i had to bet, i would probably guess that humans existed before egypt, and that pyramids were build by us, and then something just wiped us out almost completely :wacko:

still i just cant trust that guy! he seems like the guy who went to school with you and you havent heard from him ever since, and 20 years later and he calls you with "hey man, you wont BELIEVE what deal i got for you", and then he tries to sell you a pyramid scheme <_<

egyptians couldn't build shit? ummmmm they built the pyramids.

it makes sense that different cultures would all build pyramids. watch a child play with blocks for an hour and even they'll figure out we can get the highest structure by making a wide base and tapering to a peak. the triangle is architecturally the strongest shape.

it also makes sense that people in a position of power would want to watch over their tribes of people. put the two concepts together and you have pyramids.

the precision generally of the structures is worse than modern building.

people need ot dispel of the b.s. in these conversations. NO, Egyptian buildings aren't a mystery in how they were built. NO, they aren't to a precision that we can't match today. etc. they are a wonder because of how good they were for their age, not how good they are in modern perspective.
Sep 5 2019 01:32pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 06:34pm)
egyptians couldn't build shit? ummmmm they built the pyramids.

it makes sense that different cultures would all build pyramids. watch a child play with blocks for an hour and even they'll figure out we can get the highest structure by making a wide base and tapering to a peak. the triangle is architecturally the strongest shape.

it also makes sense that people in a position of power would want to watch over their tribes of people. put the two concepts together and you have pyramids.

the precision generally of the structures is worse than modern building.

people need ot dispel of the b.s. in these conversations. NO, Egyptian buildings aren't a mystery in how they were built. NO, they aren't to a precision that we can't match today. etc. they are a wonder because of how good they were for their age, not how good they are in modern perspective.

1st is circular definition, that doesnt really work man :P "how did they build the pyramids? well because they obviously built them". no. SOMEONE obviously built them. we have zero proof egyptians did it, especially because they were bad at math, and bad at math = you cant build anything that can last :P

2nd, is your house a pyramid? no? well mine neither! you dont build a pyramid unless stability is your primary concern, and back when people were trying to survive, stability wasnt even one of the top 10. also i wasnt talking about pyramid shape, thats not what gives these objects stability, at least not the #1 reason :wacko: they are build with blocks that dont have same size, shape, sometimes even material, yet when combined they give near perfect resistance to seismic movement, which is how they survived for so long :wacko: thats NOT an intuitive way to build anything and you cant really compare that to a child building from blocks, where there is only a few intuitive ways to do it. this isnt intuitive in the slightest, but is more efficient than anything we have now, which is weird and at least worth a second thought, rather than dismissing everything as "egyptians did it". and the weird thing is that you can find those same pyramids, made of same things, on all the continents

3nd, precision is absolutely better than what we have today. i guess we could build it more precise using lasers and shit, but with bronze tools and whatever you mentioned...yeah feel free to try it :P THAT level of precision using the tools egyptians had is next to impossible, blocks are all different and you need a lot of precise equipment to do it. today i wouldnt be surprised if something like this could be made, but 4k+ years ago it is extremely suspicious :angry: !

have you even seen how they look? you cant fit a hair between those things! also some of them are way older than the pyramids, gobekli tepe for example is dated to be like 12~14k years old. also in many areas, like for example in south america, you can see how the newer civilizations tried to build over the megalithic ones, but had no idea how to do it so they just randomly stacked stones :blush: then the spanish came and they stacked on top of those, using stones/bricks/cement etc :wacko:

theres a lot of stuff here that we dont know. and the idiots who are yelling aliens are no better than the idiots who are yelling egyptians imo. i mean i dont have to be correct, im not a scientist. but what annoys me is why everyone just dismisses the possibility that it was simply humans that built those objects, and without any reasonable proof :unsure: ?

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Sep 5 2019 01:33pm
Sep 5 2019 01:45pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 02:32pm)
1st is circular definition, that doesnt really work man :P "how did they build the pyramids? well because they obviously built them". no. SOMEONE obviously built them. we have zero proof egyptians did it, especially because they were bad at math, and bad at math = you cant build anything that can last :P

2nd, is your house a pyramid? no? well mine neither! you dont build a pyramid unless stability is your primary concern, and back when people were trying to survive, stability wasnt even one of the top 10. also i wasnt talking about pyramid shape, thats not what gives these objects stability, at least not the #1 reason :wacko: they are build with blocks that dont have same size, shape, sometimes even material, yet when combined they give near perfect resistance to seismic movement, which is how they survived for so long :wacko: thats NOT an intuitive way to build anything and you cant really compare that to a child building from blocks, where there is only a few intuitive ways to do it. this isnt intuitive in the slightest, but is more efficient than anything we have now, which is weird and at least worth a second thought, rather than dismissing everything as "egyptians did it". and the weird thing is that you can find those same pyramids, made of same things, on all the continents

3nd, precision is absolutely better than what we have today. i guess we could build it more precise using lasers and shit, but with bronze tools and whatever you mentioned...yeah feel free to try it :P THAT level of precision using the tools egyptians had is next to impossible, blocks are all different and you need a lot of precise equipment to do it. today i wouldnt be surprised if something like this could be made, but 4k+ years ago it is extremely suspicious :angry: !

have you even seen how they look? you cant fit a hair between those things! also some of them are way older than the pyramids, gobekli tepe for example is dated to be like 12~14k years old. also in many areas, like for example in south america, you can see how the newer civilizations tried to build over the megalithic ones, but had no idea how to do it so they just randomly stacked stones :blush: then the spanish came and they stacked on top of those, using stones/bricks/cement etc :wacko:

theres a lot of stuff here that we dont know. and the idiots who are yelling aliens are no better than the idiots who are yelling egyptians imo. i mean i dont have to be correct, im not a scientist. but what annoys me is why everyone just dismisses the possibility that it was simply humans that built those objects, and without any reasonable proof :unsure: ?

ahh i c now. you seem like you're not going to listen to reason.

how they built it has been reproduced dozens of times. archaeologists do these projects a lot. get 30-40 dudes together. give them nothing but logs, levers, and ropes, and they can move blocks that weigh tons. with only a bit of instruction and no experience. the "we dont know how the pyramids were built" narrative is a myth. there are only a few stones in hte entire pyramid of giza that are even questionable as to how you'd do it. for 99.999% of the stones we can reproduce them.

"without math you can't build anything that will last"..... because you say so?

the problem with conspiracy theorists such as yourself is you start from "they couldnt have built them. they had help.", then work backwards. "they didnt have complex algebra or geometry, so that proves they didn't do it".

as to you questioning the triangle, you just look silly. the use of triangles in ancient architecture to bolster strength is well known. today we have steel, and many light weight materials. they didn't. so they had to use triangles where we dont.

also, for the record, i'm not saying "the egyptians did it, so shut up", i'm just saying don't imply it was impossible for the egyptians to have made it. that's a false assumption too many people start from. they absolutely had the technological ability to make it. that doesnt mean it was easy, it wasn't.

when it comes to monoliths gobekli tepe is a true mystery. how a hunter gatherer culture could do that, and why they would do that, is a real head scratcher. no one can even come close to answering it. but egyptians weren't hunter gatherers, and during flood season the farmer had zero jobs so they had available labor. they had the stone masons, they had the stone, etc. Giza and Gobekli simply dont belong in the same conversation, it's comparing the worlds most powerful bronze age population to a previously unknown stone age culture.

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 5 2019 01:48pm
Sep 5 2019 02:22pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 09:45pm)
ahh i c now. you seem like you're not going to listen to reason.

how they built it has been reproduced dozens of times. archaeologists do these projects a lot. get 30-40 dudes together. give them nothing but logs, levers, and ropes, and they can move blocks that weigh tons. with only a bit of instruction and no experience. the "we dont know how the pyramids were built" narrative is a myth. there are only a few stones in hte entire pyramid of giza that are even questionable as to how you'd do it. for 99.999% of the stones we can reproduce them.

"without math you can't build anything that will last"..... because you say so?

the problem with conspiracy theorists such as yourself is you start from "they couldnt have built them. they had help.", then work backwards. "they didnt have complex algebra or geometry, so that proves they didn't do it".

as to you questioning the triangle, you just look silly. the use of triangles in ancient architecture to bolster strength is well known. today we have steel, and many light weight materials. they didn't. so they had to use triangles where we dont.

when it comes to monoliths gobekli tepe is a true mystery. how a hunter gatherer culture could do that, and why they would do that, is a real head scratcher. no one can even come close to answering it. but egyptians weren't hunter gatherers, and during flood season the farmer had zero jobs so they had available labor. they had the stone masons, they had the stone, etc. Giza and Gobekli simply dont belong in the same conversation, it's comparing the worlds most powerful bronze age population to a previously unknown stone age culture.

im good at listening to sense, but you make any <_< i mean if you give me any video with scientists managing to do it with those tools, i will take that as a solid proof ofc :blush: ! and im not really interested in moving the stones, but in cutting them. i want a video that shows how they did all the precision cutting with the tools they had. and since i live in eastern europe, i have and can use those same tools, and will be able to check myself!

about the math thing, i thought it was obvious :unsure: i mean even you yourself mentioned how "triangle is the most stable", and you need math to know even that, and they even knew the exact proportions (check the similarity with the louvre pyramid, their creator literally said that he used those proportions not because he wanted to copy, but because those proportions were perfect). anyways, if you want something to survive an earthquake, flood, wind, and all kinds of natural phenomena, you need something thats stable. so you cant use mortar because that wont last for shit, and you need to connect the pieces to perfection, and make the said pyramid from those. so yeah, you need math, and you need a lot of it :wacko: not only for the pyramid itself, but above everything, the pieces

also, calling someone a conspiracy theorist just because he has a different opinion is very impolite, not to mention wrong :wacko: i just like to have an open mind :blush: also i have no idea how you got the impression that i "questioned the triangles stability", nor where you got the idea that they had to use triangles, because their houses werent triangle shaped either. also if we had the task to build something that would last as long as possible, we would use a triangle as well <_<

anyways! unlike you, i dont wanna argue but i do wanna learn :blush: ! so if you have some video of some scientists that do all the cutting stuff with the ancient tools, i would appreciate links to those :blush: ! you in particular arent really worth my time, so since you want to convey a point, could you do it without actually talking yourself :blush: ? much thanks!1
Sep 5 2019 02:29pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 03:22pm)
im good at listening to sense, but you make any <_< i mean if you give me any video with scientists managing to do it with those tools, i will take that as a solid proof ofc :blush: ! and im not really interested in moving the stones, but in cutting them. i want a video that shows how they did all the precision cutting with the tools they had. and since i live in eastern europe, i have and can use those same tools, and will be able to check myself!

1. i will find you some videos.

2. no you can't check yourself, just like you can't do your own plumbing. stone masonry take years and years to master, whether its 2019 AD or 2000 BC.

about the math thing, i thought it was obvious :unsure: i mean even you yourself mentioned how "triangle is the most stable", and you need math to know even that, and they even knew the exact proportions (check the similarity with the louvre pyramid, their creator literally said that he used those proportions not because he wanted to copy, but because those proportions were perfect).

no you don't. ever heard the term "trial and error". because the egyptians had pyramids that failed for a long time before they mastered it. they tried, they erred, they improved, they mastered.

as to the rest about triangles it's either language barrier or you're simply too ignorant about geometry and architecture to understand what i'm saying.

here's one on copper tools to start your education.
Sep 5 2019 02:48pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 10:29pm)
1. i will find you some videos.

2. no you can't check yourself, just like you can't do your own plumbing. stone masonry take years and years to master, whether its 2019 AD or 2000 BC.

no you don't. ever heard the term "trial and error". because the egyptians had pyramids that failed for a long time before they mastered it. they tried, they erred, they improved, they mastered.

as to the rest about triangles it's either language barrier or you're simply too ignorant about geometry and architecture to understand what i'm saying.

here's one on copper tools to start your education.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaoO43UU_SI

um yeah yeah whatever :wacko:

anyways, about the video! you see, we have two conflicting theories and there is a very easy way to check whos right actually :wacko: if the ancient egyptians managed to cut the things as precisely as they did, scientists today should have no problem doing the same. if they manage, you are correct and im not. if they cant manage, you can still be correct but its more likely that i am :unsure: so thats kinda the video i need :cry: this one just proves that someone used copper for something, and as you probably know, there are a lot of crap pyramids (which are actually the newer ones), and they could have used copper tools for those, as they are shit quality which is consistent with cutting them with copper tools :mellow: is there a video of someone making the cuts with the basic tools :unsure: ? thats kinda the only thing that conclusively proves which idea is correct :wacko: !

edit: to me it looks like egyptian pharaohs just saw the pyramids standing there and were like "yo get me some copper tools, i want one just like this :drool: !"

This post was edited by Snyft2 on Sep 5 2019 02:49pm
Sep 5 2019 03:22pm
Quote (Snyft2 @ Sep 5 2019 03:48pm)
um yeah yeah whatever :wacko:

anyways, about the video! you see, we have two conflicting theories and there is a very easy way to check whos right actually :wacko: if the ancient egyptians managed to cut the things as precisely as they did, scientists today should have no problem doing the same. if they manage, you are correct and im not. if they cant manage, you can still be correct but its more likely that i am :unsure: so thats kinda the video i need :cry: this one just proves that someone used copper for something, and as you probably know, there are a lot of crap pyramids (which are actually the newer ones), and they could have used copper tools for those, as they are shit quality which is consistent with cutting them with copper tools :mellow: is there a video of someone making the cuts with the basic tools :unsure: ? thats kinda the only thing that conclusively proves which idea is correct :wacko: !

edit: to me it looks like egyptian pharaohs just saw the pyramids standing there and were like "yo get me some copper tools, i want one just like this :drool: !"

How do u know copper makes poor quality stones? That's just another false assumption by you. You have no proof of that.

They also used wire saws

This post was edited by thesnipa on Sep 5 2019 03:24pm
Sep 5 2019 03:39pm
Quote (thesnipa @ Sep 5 2019 11:22pm)
How do u know copper makes poor quality stones? That's just another false assumption by you. You have no proof of that.

They also used wire saws

my logic was flawless ^_^ ! i was thinking "shit quality is consistent with cutting them any tools they had", copper tools are just a subtype of that, so shit quality is consistent with cutting them with copper tools as well :P

anyways, have you played the incredible machine? its a little old, but still a lovely game :wub: ! the later levels are really fucked up, you are supposed to build something and they give you like 50 random parts, some of which arent even used :wacko: the early levels were really easy though :wub: ! you get 2-3 parts, and it is really obvious how to combine them!

so think about this as an incredible machine level :blush: ! scientists know the tools the ancient egyptians had, and there werent many of them. there was no special way to use them that we dont know of, i mean a saw is a saw, you cut stuff with it and thats it. that is why it should be extremely simple for a couple of scientists to reconstruct the process of cutting a stone for the pyramid, right :unsure: ? so get a team of scientists, reconstruct the process, get a couple of hard pipe hitting niggas that can get the physical job done as fast as possible, and record a video of it :mellow: ! that would be actual proof that egyptians could do it! thats what bugs me, this is so easy to prove, yet no one did it :unsure: or they did and i cant find a video of it for whatever reason :wacko: !
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll