d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Democrat Division Megathread
Prev19192939495205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,400.67
Nov 2 2019 06:58pm
Quote (fender @ 3 Nov 2019 01:27)
and what are people who 'act in racist fashion' multiple times called?
holy shit, you just can't say it, right? it's impossible for you to outright call him a racist, because that would make you someone who supports and defends a racist on a regular basis.

Come on lol, he has been a public figure and lightning rod for literally decades, building a business empire in one of the most inherently shady fields of the whole economy (real estate), living a life as a playboy and TV host, all while being subject to very high scrutiny (when compared with Joe the Plumber) - of course someone like him will have done and said loads bad things, sexist things, racist things, criminal things.

The question is not if he has acted in racist fashion on a few occasions throughout his long and highly scrutinized life, the question is if he has acted racist systematically and with enough frequency to deserve being labeled a "racist". And when it comes to that, we clearly disagree: I think he hasnt, you think he has.

Let's be realistic: if we examined the lives of ordinary people, we'd find a handful of instances of racist behavior in almost all of them. If "I found 3 'gotchas' in your decades of life, therefore, you are a racist" was the standard, then 65++ percent of the whole world would be racists.
Trump surely has shown more racialized bevhavior than the population average, but imho he still falls short of acting or thinking systematically racist, therefore I dont consider him a racist.

Gold: 57.00
Nov 2 2019 07:05pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 2 Nov 2019 20:58)
Come on lol, he has been a public figure and lightning rod for literally decades, building a business empire in one of the most inherently shady fields of the whole economy (real estate), living a life as a playboy and TV host, all while being subject to very high scrutiny (when compared with Joe the Plumber) - of course someone like him will have done and said loads bad things, sexist things, racist things, criminal things.

The question is not if he has acted in racist fashion on a few occasions throughout his long and highly scrutinized life, the question is if he has acted racist systematically and with enough frequency to deserve being labeled a "racist". And when it comes to that, we clearly disagree: I think he hasnt, you think he has.

Let's be realistic: if we examined the lives of ordinary people, we'd find a handful of instances of racist behavior in almost all of them. If "I found 3 'gotchas' in your decades of life, therefore, you are a racist" was the standard, then 65++ percent of the whole world would be racists.
Trump surely has shown more racialized bevhavior than the population average, but imho he still falls short of acting or thinking systematically racist, therefore I dont consider him a racist.

i gotchu bro:

Quote (fender @ 23 Nov 2016 16:55)
otamendi... looks like de bruyne's pathetic card waving in the 1st half payed off already... what a bunch of faggots...

Quote (fender @ 23 Nov 2016 18:36)
if you're talking to me, i used the term "faggot" to refer to players who put on a show for the ref

Quote (fender @ 4 Feb 2017 16:15)
call me heinrich, nazi, bigot, homophobe, anti-turk

Quote (fender @ 18 Feb 2018 10:59)
as a matter of fact, these days WE are being invaded by polaks searching for mostly unskilled manual labour here.

Quote (fender @ 25 Oct 2017 11:21)
"edgy" white trash teenager

Quote (fender @ 27 Oct 2019 13:39)
you have been raped for wearing that skirt, because you didn't take self-defense classes, and because you belong to a gender that enables others to physically overpower you.
Fender's opinions of minorities on d2jsp
Quote (fender @ 25 May 2017 19:26)
brainwashed monkeys, haha...

Quote (fender @ 4 Oct 2017 19:10)
brown ppl are just lazy and want everything done for them

This post was edited by excellence on Nov 2 2019 07:06pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 30%
Nov 2 2019 07:13pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 3 Nov 2019 01:58)

speak for yourself - i completely reject the notion that we would find things as severe as systematic racial discrimination (discriminating against black renters is exactly that) and genuinely held racist beliefs (trump made those statements about that judge in 2018 - that wasn't some offhanded remark he made in private while trying to appeal to 'shady' characters - or whatever ridiculous scenario you want to construct in order to excuse his racism) if we just looked closely enough.
maybe that's applies to people YOU support, but that does not make it universally true - or somehow justifiable for that matter.

so yes, i DO think that people who act and think that way deserve to be labeled racists, and i guarantee you that you and the whole cult would wholeheartedly agree if we learned similar things about obama's past for example.

it's ridiculous and frankly disgusting how you're trying to downplay his racism, and it really only allows for one conclusion...

This post was edited by fender on Nov 2 2019 07:17pm
Nov 2 2019 07:32pm
Quote (fender @ 3 Nov 2019 02:13)
speak for yourself - i completely reject the notion that we would find things as severe as systematic racial discrimination (discriminating against black renters is exactly that) and genuinely held racist beliefs (trump made those statements about that judge in 2018 - that wasn't some offhanded remark he made in private while trying to appeal to 'shady' characters - or whatever ridiculous scenario you want to construct in order to excuse his racism) if we just looked closely enough.
maybe that's applies to people YOU support, but that does not make it universally true - or somehow justifiable for that matter.

so yes, i DO think that people who act and think that way deserve to be labeled racists, and i guarantee you that you and the whole cult would wholeheartedly agree if we learned similar things about obama's past for example.

it's ridiculous and frankly disgusting how you're trying to downplay his racism, and it really only allows for one conclusion...

... you think that I'm a racist? Oh noes, the SHOCK, the HORROR!!! How will I ever be able to look in the mirror again?

This post was edited by Black XistenZ on Nov 2 2019 07:33pm
Nov 2 2019 07:41pm
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 3 Nov 2019 02:32)
... you think that I'm a racist? Oh noes, the SHOCK, the HORROR!!! How will I ever be able to look in the mirror again?

the humanity! what a truly far-fetched and unfair assumption. how could anyone even think such a thing? inconceivable.

the term 'racism' truly lost its meaning when people, who engage in olympic level mental gymnastics in order to downplay and justify systematic racist discrimination and genuinely held racist beliefs, are suspected of sharing those...

you can't even call someone who repeatedly 'acts in racist fashion' a racist, so obviously you don't care what i think about you. at this point you're just obviously trying to dodge the arguments i made, rejecting your revealing assumption that everyone is secretly racist to a certain degree...

This post was edited by fender on Nov 2 2019 07:46pm
Gold: 57.00
Nov 2 2019 07:43pm
Quote (fender @ 2 Nov 2019 21:41)
the humanity! what a truly far-fetched and unfair assumption. how could anyone even think such a thing? inconceivable.

the term 'racism' truly lost its meaning when people, who engage in olympic level mental gymnastics in order to downplay and justify systematic racist discrimination and genuinely held racist beliefs, are suspected of sharing those...

no. it lost meaning when an adolf-loving descendant of pure scum like you called anyone else racist
Nov 3 2019 03:02am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 3 Nov 2019 01:58)

ivanka tried a similar defence:

Nov 3 2019 10:11am
Quote (fender @ 3 Nov 2019 10:02)
ivanka tried a similar defence:

https://i.imgur.com/Uw4Ch4p.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Hemings

Basically, the widowed Jefferson had a long-term relationship with this slave, took care well of her and their children, he did keep his promise to free the children once they came of age, and the girl voluntarily decided to accompany Jefferson back to Virginia, into slavehood, even though she could have stayed as a free woman in France.

It also seems as if there is little evidence to suggest he raped her (in the sense of forced intercourse as opposed to statutory rape - sleeping with 14-16 year old girls was relatively normal and socially accepted back then).

Jefferson's slavery surely is a taint on his legacy, but pretending he was some Simon Legree type figure (the brutal slaveowner from the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin) like this tweet seems blown way out of proportion. Oh, and needless to say that this tweet is a pure ad hominem attack and doesnt disprove Jefferson's description of the snakepit Washington DC at all.
Nov 3 2019 11:49am
Quote (Black XistenZ @ 3 Nov 2019 17:11)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Hemings

Basically, the widowed Jefferson had a long-term relationship with this slave, took care well of her and their children, he did keep his promise to free the children once they came of age, and the girl voluntarily decided to accompany Jefferson back to Virginia, into slavehood, even though she could have stayed as a free woman in France.

It also seems as if there is little evidence to suggest he raped her (in the sense of forced intercourse as opposed to statutory rape - sleeping with 14-16 year old girls was relatively normal and socially accepted back then).

Jefferson's slavery surely is a taint on his legacy, but pretending he was some Simon Legree type figure (the brutal slaveowner from the novel Uncle Tom's Cabin) like this tweet seems blown way out of proportion. Oh, and needless to say that this tweet is a pure ad hominem attack and doesnt disprove Jefferson's description of the snakepit Washington DC at all.

because your slave girl surely had the chance to say no - so how could we possibly call it 'rape'? you people will literally make excuses for everything...

anyway, just found it interesting that when confronted with inconvenient truths, both you and ivanka resorted to the 'well, the real fault is with people who look too closely' style defences, in order to rationalise indefensible behaviour.
Nov 3 2019 12:51pm
Quote (fender @ 3 Nov 2019 18:49)
because your slave girl surely had the chance to say no - so how could we possibly call it 'rape'? you people will literally make excuses for everything...

anyway, just found it interesting that when confronted with inconvenient truths, both you and ivanka resorted to the 'well, the real fault is with people who look too closely' style defences, in order to rationalise indefensible behaviour.

their intimate relationship or ""relationship"" started while they were in France, where slavery was already abolished. she did have the option to stay in france as a free woman, but voluntarily decided to accompany Jefferson back to Virginia where she would continue to be a slave.

and once again, this whole jefferson-slavegirl thing is an ad hominem anyway.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev19192939495205Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll