d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Predictions > Yes, It Is Worthy Of It’s Own Thread
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.80
Apr 12 2019 01:41am
Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 11 2019 10:23am)
Being the season only 6 episodes long, I have the feeling that pretty much every episode will be like that.

I'm just hoping it's better than last season, and they avoid teleportation and absurdly convenient coincidences in order to move the plot forward in a rush. Or at least try to keep it to a minimum.

Teleportation?

You mean like in season 1 episode 1 whereby the lanisters and king robert travel from kings landing to winterfell within 10 minutes of screen time?

I dont understand this criticism. Its nothing new to the show, certainly not exclusive to last season.

Final season will be epic.
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 12 2019 02:01am
Quote (WelSh @ Apr 12 2019 03:41am)
Teleportation?

You mean like in season 1 episode 1 whereby the lanisters and king robert travel from kings landing to winterfell within 10 minutes of screen time?

Not really. The criticism last season about teleportation was that:

-The party north of the wall was in trouble, they sent Gendry running on foot for help
-His message (raven) traveled to Dany (at Dragonstone)
-Dany got the message, then traveled from Dragonstone to north of the wall
-All while the stressful situation in the north seemed to have progressed only a small amount of time

The show doesn't explicitly show how much time supposedly passed, but it definitely doesn't add up. We know much far those locations are from one another. Ravens aren't fighter jets. If the dragons flew at Mach1, Dany would fall off or die in flight.

The show expects us to believe that the crew was trapped in the middle of the frozen lake for 4-7 days (no food, no heat) which just makes zero sense. The 'suspense" of the episode was so contrived. One minute, half the main cast is stuck with no way out. The next instant, Dany and dragons teleport into to save the day. It's terrible writing.

Imagine if, in Breaking Bad, Jesse started running away from the Nazis and 2 seconds later he was in the middle of Times Square. That episode would get absolutely crucified.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Apr 12 2019 02:04am
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 12 2019 11:53am
^ That whole thing was preposterous as hell. I understand needing to have action, wanting to build suspense and the need for them to have been saved in that way, but they could and absolutely should have gone about it differently. How hard would it have been to make a scenario where they've got a few days lead on the army and they send for help, while simultaneously fleeing, the army catches up and surrounds and instead of a small group of men holding out in impossible conditions, without food, shelter and while fighting an endless army that outnumbers them 10,000 to 1, for at least three days, the last stand lasts a matter of minutes or maybe an hour tops, before help arrives.
Apr 14 2019 08:03pm
pretty pedestrian episode right up until the end. I am somewhat worried that they are going to keep dragging out this clash of armies. They keep telling us the Night King is "just around the corner!"

Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 15 2019 04:03pm)
ok here is my real prediction:

In S1, when Jon and Tyrion were traveling to The Wall, they had a conversation in which Tyrion tells Jon "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." This is an incredibly important line, but its most significant application is actually to Jaime.

Jaime's adult life has been marred by the title "Kingslayer" which was used towards him insultingly. Therefore, Jaime will be the one to kill the Night King (aka Bran) in full view of lots of people. In this way, Jaime being called Kingslayer will lose its negative connotation and forever refer to the more recent, positive act.

This is fitting because in S1E1, Jaime almost killed Bran. At the time, the audiences' feelings were negative toward Jaime and sympathetic toward Bran (poor kid being pushed out the window). By the end, Jaime will end up being the ultimate hero of the show (Azor Ahai) and Bran the ultimate villain (NK). So we will look back to the beginning and lament over the fact that the hero had every opportunity to kill the villain right off the bat.

The way this episode ended supports the Bran/NK theories. The episode ended with 3 things (in order): Addressing Jon's heritage THEN letting us know there the NK is THEN the confrontation of Jaime/Bran. Leaving it to be the last thing as the episode's cliffhanger gives the impression that it is more important than the other 2.
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 15 2019 03:08am
The show laying ground for Samwell to become Lord Paramount of the Reach ^_^
Gold: 2,118.35
Apr 23 2019 05:50pm
Quote (marioironico @ Mar 27 2019 06:33am)
i wish there was a betting site that offers GoT bets.

There is in Aus, hence this thread

e/ for what it's worth, these are my bets

The Mountain to die before The Hound @ $1.67

Cersei Killed by Jamie @ $2.88

Cersei dying in King's Landing by Needle while Arya Stark is wearing Jamie's face @ $12

Jon Snow to rule Westeros @ $3.2
Any child of Jon Snow to rule @ $4.5

Here's hoping the "bitter sweet ending" is Dany sacrificing herself while defeating the Night King. This seems like a sufficiently "bitter sweet" slap in the face of fans as we've spent 7 seasons propping Dany up to be the rightful ruler, only to have Jon revealed (albeit the theory was already well established) to be the rightful heir. Obviously we can't have both, and the show writers probably wont spend too much time defending their Targaeryan-incest relationship. I feel like it just makes sense.

Either that or Zarkadon is right, both die and Tyrion is Regent. imo

This post was edited by Lil_Gueto on Apr 23 2019 06:04pm
Apr 23 2019 10:21pm
Quote (Lil_Gueto @ Apr 23 2019 07:50pm)
There is in Aus, hence this thread

e/ for what it's worth, these are my bets

The Mountain to die before The Hound @ $1.67

Cersei Killed by Jamie @ $2.88

Cersei dying in King's Landing by Needle while Arya Stark is wearing Jamie's face @ $12

Jon Snow to rule Westeros @ $3.2
Any child of Jon Snow to rule @ $4.5

Here's hoping the "bitter sweet ending" is Dany sacrificing herself while defeating the Night King. This seems like a sufficiently "bitter sweet" slap in the face of fans as we've spent 7 seasons propping Dany up to be the rightful ruler, only to have Jon revealed (albeit the theory was already well established) to be the rightful heir. Obviously we can't have both, and the show writers probably wont spend too much time defending their Targaeryan-incest relationship. I feel like it just makes sense.

Either that or Zarkadon is right, both die and Tyrion is Regent. imo

what stops an HBO employee from going there and cleaning house?

what stops the house from hiring an HBO employee to set up a series of carefully worded bets to make sure the house wins?
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 23 2019 10:50pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 23 2019 09:21pm)
what stops an HBO employee from going there and cleaning house?

what stops the house from hiring an HBO employee to set up a series of carefully worded bets to make sure the house wins?

I guess the thing that stops #1 is the absurd amount of money that the people who know all the answers are already making. Not to mention it would completely ruin their entire career if it ever got out.

The thing that stops #2 is legal things like NDAs and also career ruination. And the pride most people have for their work.
Gold: 25.20
Apr 24 2019 01:42am
Quote (Blah58 @ Apr 23 2019 10:50pm)
I guess the thing that stops #1 is the absurd amount of money that the people who know all the answers are already making. Not to mention it would completely ruin their entire career if it ever got out.

The thing that stops #2 is legal things like NDAs and also career ruination. And the pride most people have for their work.

I doubt one of the lesser people on the set (like the person that baked the bread for episode 2) are making the absurd amount of money that the actors are.

But overall you're right ;)

This post was edited by FroggyG on Apr 24 2019 01:43am
Gold: 10,025.00
Apr 24 2019 02:56am
Quote (FroggyG @ Apr 24 2019 12:42am)
I doubt one of the lesser people on the set (like the person that baked the bread for episode 2) are making the absurd amount of money that the actors are.

But overall you're right ;)

I bet that person doesn't know the secrets either so... Either way it's silly to put your career at risk for a few dollars.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev178910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll