d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Predictions > Yes, It Is Worthy Of It’s Own Thread
Prev1678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 10 2019 11:48am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2019 01:42pm)
I've only used HBO Go, but a quick Google search determined it offers the exact same content as HBO now.

It's legit and you won't have any complaints using it. Usually the second the episode starts on TV, the episode becomes simultaneously available on HBO Now. There's like a 5 minute margin of error, I've seen episodes become available before they've started on TV by like 5 minutes and vice versa by like 5 minutes. You won't be disappointed with it.

I've used HBO GO a lot as well, but apparently it's like tied to the subscription or whatever. So since I can't get HBO from Dish anymore, that means I can't get HBO GO. Or maybe I misunderstood it.

Either way, the method I'm looking at now is to get HBO Now through Amazon Prime. I'm just worried that when the time comes, something isn't going to work and I'll just end up being jerked around again.

Does anyone know of an equally good method I should also be considering?
Gold: 1,107.43
Apr 10 2019 12:04pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 10 2019 12:48pm)
I've used HBO GO a lot as well, but apparently it's like tied to the subscription or whatever. So since I can't get HBO from Dish anymore, that means I can't get HBO GO. Or maybe I misunderstood it.

Either way, the method I'm looking at now is to get HBO Now through Amazon Prime. I'm just worried that when the time comes, something isn't going to work and I'll just end up being jerked around again.

Yes. Just torrent it 30min after the episode ends.

E: if you’re looking to watch in real time then idk

This post was edited by The_Outsider on Apr 10 2019 12:05pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Apr 10 2019 02:18pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 10 2019 10:48am)

That's what I'm telling you though, HBO Go and HBO Now are supposedly the exact same thing. My mom/dad use Now through Amazon and they've never had any problems. It will work the exact same way Go did.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Apr 10 2019 04:55pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 10 2019 01:18pm)
Ok, so I went to re-add HBO to my satellite today only to discover that there is a contract dispute right now and Dish Network doesn't offer HBO anymore.

Is there anyone here who has been using HBO NOW to watch GoT episodes in real time as they air who can confirm that this is a good option?

Does anyone know of another type of service I should look into that will also allow me to watch new episodes in real time? Talking about real, legit paid methods that I know for 100% will work so there are no worries.

HBO NOW owner here, well worth it. The only "live viewing" i do on it is Vice NEWS, don't think they offer any other live programming but i could be wrong. Not sure what time GoT airs regularly but on the east coast i think they usually have the ep8sodes available to view by like 10pm eastern.
Apr 10 2019 04:57pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Apr 10 2019 01:42pm)
I've only used HBO Go, but a quick Google search determined it offers the exact same content as HBO now.

It's legit and you won't have any complaints using it. Usually the second the episode starts on TV, the episode becomes simultaneously available on HBO Now. There's like a 5 minute margin of error, I've seen episodes become available before they've started on TV by like 5 minutes and vice versa by like 5 minutes.You won't be disappointed with it.

If this is true (i've never noticed/paid attention to it) it's definitely not true for Real Time with Bill Maher. Which is understandable because Real Time is a live show. Other than that you're probably right (i dont pay attention to what time HBO airs their pr9gramming typically).
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2019 01:56am
I am going to try my best not to watch 1st ep, as its always going to be one of those EP's where too much shit happens at once and you just want more

If i can hold i will wait for 2nd ep to come out and watch them both at once
Gold: 2,570.91
Apr 11 2019 04:23am
Quote (-=vasya=- @ 11 Apr 2019 08:56)
I am going to try my best not to watch 1st ep, as its always going to be one of those EP's where too much shit happens at once and you just want more

If i can hold i will wait for 2nd ep to come out and watch them both at once

Being the season only 6 episodes long, I have the feeling that pretty much every episode will be like that.

I'm just hoping it's better than last season, and they avoid teleportation and absurdly convenient coincidences in order to move the plot forward in a rush. Or at least try to keep it to a minimum.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2019 04:26am
Quote (zarkadon @ Apr 11 2019 10:23am)
Being the season only 6 episodes long, I have the feeling that pretty much every episode will be like that.

I'm just hoping it's better than last season, and they avoid teleportation and absurdly convenient coincidences in order to move the plot forward in a rush. Or at least try to keep it to a minimum.

some eps are 80 min long

and last season was great, final will be epic

Gold: 63,142.89
Apr 11 2019 10:16pm
Quote (AmineA @ Apr 10 2019 06:55pm)
HBO NOW owner here, well worth it. The only "live viewing" i do on it is Vice NEWS, don't think they offer any other live programming but i could be wrong. Not sure what time GoT airs regularly but on the east coast i think they usually have the ep8sodes available to view by like 10pm eastern.

ok, I got HBO Now up and running tonight

So I notice when I scroll down the rows of content (movies, shows, kids, etc) the very bottom one refers to watching live content

is that the section I should look for GoT in when it's airing? Or is it in the section labeled GoT?
Apr 11 2019 11:15pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Apr 12 2019 12:16am)
ok, I got HBO Now up and running tonight

So I notice when I scroll down the rows of content (movies, shows, kids, etc) the very bottom one refers to watching live content

is that the section I should look for GoT in when it's airing? Or is it in the section labeled GoT?

wierd, i have nothing that says that on my HBO NOW...

the list for me goes (in order): Home, series, movies, kids, comedy, sports, documentaries, collections.

nothing about live content

and on second thought not sure you can view it live, i think they immediately put it up after it's finished. Like - I'm not sure what time Last Week Tonight would air on HBO via a cable provider, but on HBO NOW you can first view it at 12:00am, if that makes sense.

For me, the only thing i've ever live-viewed is Vice News on HBO NOW.

I primarily use HBO NOW on my smart TV but i also use it on Roku as well, it's super fast on Roku (like instantaneous load times) compared to my Smart TV (takes 5 to 10 seconds to load/iniitally buffer or skip) for some reason even though my Smart TV is closer to my router than my Roku is go figure 🤣
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1678910Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll