d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Game Of Thrones Predictions > Yes, It Is Worthy Of It’s Own Thread
Prev12345610Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.05
Warn: 70%
Mar 17 2019 05:44pm
I would like to see some more rape

would all so like the red headed women return. I forget her name she was the hot wildling with jon
Gold: 7,271.48
Mar 18 2019 11:09pm
Quote (aaron9999 @ Mar 17 2019 05:44pm)
I would like to see some more rape

would all so like the red headed women return. I forget her name she was the hot wildling with jon

She’s dead.
Gold: 2,118.35
Mar 19 2019 09:29pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 16 2019 06:03am)
ok here is my real prediction:

In S1, when Jon and Tyrion were traveling to The Wall, they had a conversation in which Tyrion tells Jon "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." This is an incredibly important line, but its most significant application is actually to Jaime.

Jaime's adult life has been marred by the title "Kingslayer" which was used towards him insultingly. Therefore, Jaime will be the one to kill the Night King (aka Bran) in full view of lots of people. In this way, Jaime being called Kingslayer will lose its negative connotation and forever refer to the more recent, positive act.

This is fitting because in S1E1, Jaime almost killed Bran. At the time, the audiences' feelings were negative toward Jaime and sympathetic toward Bran (poor kid being pushed out the window). By the end, Jaime will end up being the ultimate hero of the show (Azor Ahai) and Bran the ultimate villain (NK). So we will look back to the beginning and lament over the fact that the hero had every opportunity to kill the villain right off the bat.

We saw the night king when he was still human and it wasn’t bran

This post was edited by Lil_Gueto on Mar 19 2019 09:30pm
Gold: 63,142.89
Mar 19 2019 09:31pm
Quote (Lil_Gueto @ Mar 19 2019 11:29pm)
We saw the night king when he was still human and it wasn’t bran

Do you know how any of this works
Gold: 2,118.35
Mar 19 2019 09:33pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 20 2019 01:31pm)
Do you know how any of this works

Irony
Mar 19 2019 09:45pm
Quote (Lil_Gueto @ Mar 19 2019 11:33pm)
Irony

Bran is able to enter other people's consciousnesses. During the Hodor episode, the 3ER told Bran that if he was inside someone else's mind while his own physical body was killed, then he would risk being permanently trapped in the other mind. We also saw in that episode how Bran was able to travel back in time and take over the consciousness of young Hodor.

The Bran/Nk theory is built around the idea that Bran will travel back in time to the scene you are referring to (when the CotF created NK) in an attempt to prevent the WWs from ever being created. But something will interrupt his plan and he will end up inside that person's mind. This means he would live through thousands of years of Westeros history all knowing pretty much what happens in the world, allowing him to make big plans.

This theory has been discussed a lot online. It remains a minority viewpoint, and you are free to disbelieve it yourself of course.
Gold: 1,131.00
Warn: 30%
Mar 20 2019 01:17pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 15 2019 03:03pm)

In S1, when Jon and Tyrion were traveling to The Wall, they had a conversation in which Tyrion tells Jon "Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." This is an incredibly important line, but its most significant application is actually to Jaime.

Jaime's adult life has been marred by the title "Kingslayer" which was used towards him insultingly. Therefore, Jaime will be the one to kill the Night King (aka Bran) in full view of lots of people. In this way, Jaime being called Kingslayer will lose its negative connotation and forever refer to the more recent, positive act.

This is fitting because in S1E1, Jaime almost killed Bran. At the time, the audiences' feelings were negative toward Jaime and sympathetic toward Bran (poor kid being pushed out the window). By the end, Jaime will end up being the ultimate hero of the show (Azor Ahai) and Bran the ultimate villain (NK). So we will look back to the beginning and lament over the fact that the hero had every opportunity to kill the villain right off the bat.

Actually a good prediction for once
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 20 2019 03:01pm
Quote (Kayeto @ Mar 15 2019 01:03pm)

I like it. It's well thought out and plausible, but I perosnallyl loathe the idea of Bran being NK and I can't fathom Jamie getting a happy ending. Everything has revolved around Jon and it'd be a slap in the face for that to culminate with, "Na, fuck that guy, the real hero is the sister-fucking, child-murdering, pampered man-child with an inferiority complex since losing his hand." I just don't see it. Jamie hasn't quite redeemed himself, but that moment will come when he kills Cersei. He'll either sacrifice himself in the process to murder her, or he'll die immediately after by someone (maybe the mountain?) or by his own hand.

A lot of people don't want it to be, but I think the final season is going to be fairly predictable. We've had twists and turns for 7 glorious seasons and it's time for all those subtle hints and clues from the book/show to play out the way we know they will. I could be wrong, but I'm not expecting any major twists. Bran=NK, Jamie=Azor Ahai, or Baelish= Alive and pulling strings.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Mar 20 2019 03:02pm
Mar 20 2019 03:34pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 20 2019 05:01pm)
I like it. It's well thought out and plausible, but I perosnallyl loathe the idea of Bran being NK and I can't fathom Jamie getting a happy ending. Everything has revolved around Jon and it'd be a slap in the face for that to culminate with, "Na, fuck that guy, the real hero is the sister-fucking, child-murdering, pampered man-child with an inferiority complex since losing his hand." I just don't see it. Jamie hasn't quite redeemed himself

Look at how Jaime's character has developed throughout the seasons.

We start off hating him. Then he gets captured, loses his hand, the audience hears the true story behind his kingslaying, he rescues Brienne from the bear, rescues Tyrion from execution, tries training his offhand combat with Bronn, sees most of his family killed, refuses Cersei's order and takes the army North. He was a pampered-man child for most of his life. He isn't one now. I disagree with your assessment that he has had inferiority complex since losing his hand. If anything, losing his hand has done nothing but mature and humble him. As you mentioned, the next major step in his redemption is killing Cersei.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 20 2019 05:01pm)
A lot of people don't want it to be, but I think the final season is going to be fairly predictable. We've had twists and turns for 7 glorious seasons and it's time for all those subtle hints and clues from the book/show to play out the way we know they will. I could be wrong, but I'm not expecting any major twists. Bran=NK, Jamie=Azor Ahai, or Baelish= Alive and pulling strings.

The 7 seasons of clues all point to Jaime's arc being one of upward momentum. I wouldn't consider it a 'twist' for him to kill NK. Remember the Hodor episode when Bran was inside a vision and the NK reached out the touched Bran? That was the pivotal moment when the group was no longer safe in the CotF's cave because NK was able to track Bran now. I can see a battle in which NK attempts to touch Jaime in the same way, only to be surprised to find that his hand was false and the touch had no effect.

This post was edited by Kayeto on Mar 20 2019 03:34pm
Gold: 7,271.48
Mar 20 2019 06:14pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 20 2019 03:01pm)
I like it. It's well thought out and plausible, but I perosnallyl loathe the idea of Bran being NK and I can't fathom Jamie getting a happy ending. Everything has revolved around Jon and it'd be a slap in the face for that to culminate with, "Na, fuck that guy, the real hero is the sister-fucking, child-murdering, pampered man-child with an inferiority complex since losing his hand." I just don't see it. Jamie hasn't quite redeemed himself, but that moment will come when he kills Cersei. He'll either sacrifice himself in the process to murder her, or he'll die immediately after by someone (maybe the mountain?) or by his own hand.

The tv show does a much worse job of redeeming Jamie then the books.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev12345610Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll