d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Welp, Captain Marvel Thoughts?
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,376.70
Mar 6 2019 05:21pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Mar 5 2019 10:38pm)
on top of being lifeless on screen, the sexist & racially prejudiced lead role opened her mouth and quickly alienated a big chunk of people - me included

not a chance ill support that financially

An actress is an actress, and not representative of the show. I'm actually heartened by the fact that the reviews indicate that the "feminist, racial agenda" indicated by the actress is not an actual factor of the show.

That being said, personally, I do not believe I will see it in theater, or likely purchase it on 4k bluray. I'll probably wait for the HBO showing. Not because of any agenda or SJW issue, just because it sounds boring.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 6 2019 12:40am)
More Marvel trash, I'll probably watch it eventually, but it'll be as bland and boring as the rest of them.

Watching everyone lose their shit over a nothing comment is hilarious though.

Are you saying you don't like any marvel movie? Like, you didn't enjoy Ironman (the first one) or the first Avengers movie? If so, why did you enter the topic?

And to the both of you, this is a topic about a specific movie. If you wish to discuss Trump, please remove your discussion to PaRD. I'm honestly interested in what people think about this specific movie, because when it comes out, I'm sure there will be people who see it, and I want them to confirm or refute the idea that it's not worth seeing. Thank you.
Gold: 0.00
Mar 6 2019 05:26pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Mar 7 2019 01:21am)
I'm honestly interested in what people think about this specific movie, because when it comes out, I'm sure there will be people who see it, and I want them to confirm or refute the idea that it's not worth seeing. Thank you.

maybe this will be useful, video is based on several new articles about the movie

Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Mar 6 2019 05:47pm
Quote (InsaneBobb @ Mar 6 2019 04:21pm)

Are you saying you don't like any marvel movie? Like, you didn't enjoy Ironman (the first one) or the first Avengers movie? If so, why did you enter the topic?

And to the both of you, this is a topic about a specific movie. If you wish to discuss Trump, please remove your discussion to PaRD. I'm honestly interested in what people think about this specific movie, because when it comes out, I'm sure there will be people who see it, and I want them to confirm or refute the idea that it's not worth seeing. Thank you.

I've thought a handful of them were pretty good, which I've stated multiple times in this forum, but after seeing the same movie 50 times in a row, it gets old. Captain Marvel will be the same, just because there's a bunch of crying right-wing nutjobs, that doesn't mean it's going to be any better or worse than every other Marvel movie in the past 8 years. If you've liked what Marvel has done in recent years, see the movie, you'll enjoy it. Not sure how or why anyone is dumb enough to let politics interfere with how they feel about a fucking superhero movie.

The critic scores are what I expected, 8x on RT and 6x on IMDB, which is pretty standard for a Marvel movie. User ratings are a lot lower, but that's people like Helical here shit-reviewing something they haven't even seen.
Banned
Gold: 0.74
Mar 6 2019 06:08pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 6 2019 06:47pm)
I've thought a handful of them were pretty good, which I've stated multiple times in this forum, but after seeing the same movie 50 times in a row, it gets old. Captain Marvel will be the same, just because there's a bunch of crying right-wing nutjobs, that doesn't mean it's going to be any better or worse than every other Marvel movie in the past 8 years. If you've liked what Marvel has done in recent years, see the movie, you'll enjoy it. Not sure how or why anyone is dumb enough to let politics interfere with how they feel about a fucking superhero movie.

The critic scores are what I expected, 8x on RT and 6x on IMDB, which is pretty standard for a Marvel movie. User ratings are a lot lower, but that's people like Helical here shit-reviewing something they haven't even seen.

Honestly all I see is someone upset at Trump everyday of their lives. I truly hope he gets elected for a second term. B)
Mar 6 2019 06:34pm
Quote (LebronActivated @ Mar 6 2019 05:08pm)
Honestly all I see is someone upset at Trump everyday of their lives. I truly hope he gets elected for a second term. B)

Quality post, from a quality user.
Banned
Mar 6 2019 07:56pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 6 2019 07:34pm)
Quality post, from a quality user.

If you ever watched The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes from Disney XD, you already know the full story and what they're planning to release like over a year ago. This cartoon series is spot on what they're planning on doing in the theaters. But you're just here to cry about Trump.
Mar 6 2019 08:12pm
Quote (LebronActivated @ Mar 6 2019 06:56pm)
If you ever watched The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes from Disney XD, you already know the full story and what they're planning to release like over a year ago. This cartoon series is spot on what they're planning on doing in the theaters. But you're just here to cry about Trump.

Did you miss that this was a thread for Captain Marvel's origin story, the fuck does that have to do with how predictable Avengers is? Stick to scamming people and making multis.
Banned
Mar 6 2019 08:14pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Mar 6 2019 09:12pm)
Did you miss that this was a thread for Captain Marvel's origin story, the fuck does that have to do with how predictable Avengers is? Stick to scamming people and making multis.

All I read was you crying about Trump?
Gold: 107.77
Mar 6 2019 08:54pm
Gold: 2,094.99
Mar 8 2019 09:50am
So I saw this last night & it was incredibly bland, it felt flat, boring.
5/10
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev1234567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll