d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Non Christian Opinions On Jesus
Prev12345612Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 200.83
Feb 15 2019 01:01am
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 14 2019 12:59pm)
I think of the early church differently... the theology had to develop over time. So it doesn't make sense to apply the same standard to people in the early church.

serious question who is the most powerful between the father, son, spirit
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Feb 15 2019 01:54am
Quote (majorblood @ 15 Feb 2019 08:01)

who is the most powerful between batman, robin, and alfred?
Gold: 2,420.00
Feb 15 2019 02:21am
Quote (dro94 @ Feb 14 2019 01:52pm)
> Believing in god in 2019

Based and tipped
Feb 15 2019 02:49am
Quote (fender @ Feb 15 2019 12:54am)
who is the most powerful between batman, robin, and alfred?

Post-Flashpoint batman scales to planetary level and alfred and robin don't have any equally impressive scaling feats so batman stomps
Gold: 285.00
Feb 15 2019 06:48am
Quote (majorblood @ Feb 15 2019 03:49am)
Post-Flashpoint batman scales to planetary level and alfred and robin don't have any equally impressive scaling feats so batman stomps

Trinity solved.
Gold: 578.20
Feb 15 2019 09:14am
C. S Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien both considered Christianity to be The True Myth. Both professors and experts in myths and folklore. Lewis who was an atheist to begin with had "go where the evidence leads" as his compass in life in his quest for truth and meaning.
Do you guys consider yourself to be on the same path? It's funny how easily you dismiss Christianity to be in the same category as Robin Hood. That seem very dishonest of you.

The earliest new testament writings are being traced back only a couple years after the death of Jesus. Luke who was a doctor did a great job as an academic of his time to recollect and make sure his sources was right. People who are experts has noted that the writings lack the mythological language other stories have, but instead has a straight forward description as we would expect from a eye witness testimony. You also have to deal with Paul who was pursuing Christians, a Pharisee of his time living by a strict form of Judaism. What made him convert and become one of the most influential Christian writers? What made thousands of people hold on to their faith even when it meant execution in the Roman Amphitheaters. Especially the first disciples. They clearly thought Jesus was resurrected and was willing to die for it. People have tried to explain it away with mass hallucinations or that Jesus had a twin brother nobody knew about - but you see, the actual testimony is the best explanation we have to this most important event, which means you can have fellowship with the Son of God, Jesus Christ our Lord and savior.

Here's a fun little reconstructed conversation between the two, that helped Lewis to see the Light. Together with literature such as G. K. Chesterton, that nurtured his imagination to see beyond the boundaries of materialism.
Imagination, a precious thing that will fall into the pits of darkness if you so allow it. Take care in what you let in.

Gold: 22,202.22
Feb 15 2019 03:08pm
Quote (fender @ Feb 13 2019 09:36pm)
i think it's safe to assume he really existed. as far as i understand the documentary i saw about him, he was a terrorist freedom fighter resisting the roman occupation of judea. he was mistaken for a prophet, but really only ever wanted to be left alone. he accidentally performed the miracle of the juniper bush in the desert and gained a huge following, but his teachings of individualism personal responsibility were widely misunderstood. so as far as prophets go he probably was objectively a "bad" one. so that's my vote...

and his real name was brian
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 16 2019 08:30am
Quote (majorblood @ Feb 15 2019 02:01am)

I believe the teaching is that they are equally powerful, although they have different roles.
Feb 16 2019 11:50am
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 16 2019 07:30am)
I believe the teaching is that they are equally powerful, although they have different roles.

are they combined to be omnipotent or none of them are omnipotent? Maybe they are all able to do the same roles but just don't (still omnipotent, but 3 separate omnipotent beings is often seen as a contradiction)

Rev 19:6 calls the Lord omnipotent (i'm really not sure who is being refereed to when someone says the Lord)

This post was edited by majorblood on Feb 16 2019 11:53am
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Feb 16 2019 03:19pm
i'm not understanding the point of this thread.
you are asking "non-christians" if jesus was a good prophet?

your responses are within a limited scope of views as well. i literally can't pick an answer you have given.

outside of the bible, i have little to no factual information of jesus specifically. you are still pretty much asking us if we believe the bible or not, while adding odd options.
"Son of God" any "non-christian" to believe jesus is the son of god would be a satanist. (are you satanist)
"Bad Prophet" any "non-christian" to believe jesus was a prophet, but a bad one... would also probably be a satanist. (are you satanist?)
"Good Prophet" any "non-christian" to believe jesus was a good prophet, would be stating... he's circumstantially good. as in good for the time, or good for the story. but obviously not good enough to follow.
"Doesn't Exist" to your credit, this is the only option that is even viable for many "non-christians". (are you atheist?)

so was jesus a good prophet? by the definition of the word prophet, the "bible" shows us example of him dedicating his life as a "proclaimer of the will of God." (which is also himself)
proph·et
Dictionary result for prophet
/ˈpräfət/
noun
noun: prophet; plural noun: prophets; plural noun: Prophets; plural noun: the Prophets

a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.
"the Old Testament prophet, Jeremiah"
synonyms: seer, soothsayer, forecaster of the future, fortune teller, clairvoyant, prognosticator, prophesier, diviner; More
prophetess, oracle, augur, sibyl;
spaewife, spaeman;
rareharuspex, vaticinator, oracler
(among Muslims) Muhammad.
singular proper noun: Prophet; noun: the Prophet
(among Mormons) Joseph Smith or one of his successors.
a person who advocates or speaks in a visionary way about a new belief, cause, or theory.
"a prophet of radical individualism"
a person who makes or claims to be able to make predictions.
"the anti-technology prophets of doom"
(in Christian use) the books of Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, and the twelve minor prophets.

to follow up on the options you have left us with...
no, i do not follow satanism.
no, i am not an atheist.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev12345612Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll