d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > Non Christian Opinions On Jesus
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 260.11
Feb 14 2019 01:10pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 14 2019 12:36pm)
I think you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian.

That seems silly. Before the trinity there were all kinds of Christian sects thinking different contradictory things on that subject. Isn't belief in the sacrifice the only important part?
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 14 2019 01:22pm
Quote (Testiclese @ Feb 14 2019 02:08pm)
Do the Witnesses not? I can't say I'm intimately familiar with their beliefs

Correct.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 14 2019 02:10pm)
That seems silly. Before the trinity there were all kinds of Christian sects thinking different contradictory things on that subject. Isn't belief in the sacrifice the only important part?

If you fundamentally misunderstand who God is and who Jesus is, I don't think you can call yourself a Christian.
Gold: 5,821.68
Feb 14 2019 01:24pm
I can push "son of God because it was not " The only Son of God..As a God would have more then 1 I would think ..As God is internal . How would anyone suggest they would know? It is a miracle !! lol Person of wisdom and science.. At least some medical instructions on drowned victims .. It was a miracle! lol Who knows maybe just stories ...That many love to believe..IF wrong our brains are being controlled ? To believe so strongly ?
Feb 14 2019 01:45pm
Quote (IceMage @ Feb 14 2019 01:22pm)
Correct.

If you fundamentally misunderstand who God is and who Jesus is, I don't think you can call yourself a Christian.

I mean, by that logic people who lived much closer to Christs ressurection and likely carried on traditions much closer to the original intent as compared with today arent real Christians. This was a major point of Nicaea so thats a significant portion of early Christians who "werent real christians".
Gold: 5,016.77
Feb 14 2019 01:59pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 14 2019 02:45pm)
I mean, by that logic people who lived much closer to Christs ressurection and likely carried on traditions much closer to the original intent as compared with today arent real Christians. This was a major point of Nicaea so thats a significant portion of early Christians who "werent real christians".

I think of the early church differently... the theology had to develop over time. So it doesn't make sense to apply the same standard to people in the early church.
Gold: Locked
Feb 14 2019 02:05pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Feb 14 2019 12:45pm)

Only true if you take a purely historical perspective on the accuracy of Christianity, as opposed to a faith perspective of the accuracy on Christianity. From a faith perspective, the longer since God revealed himself to humanity (again, in his newest form, God 2.0: Christdemption), the more time humanity has had to develop a relationship with Him and more fully understand Him.
Gold: 4.77
Feb 14 2019 03:36pm
Quote (Testiclese @ 14 Feb 2019 13:02)
I would say that I don't believe any non-Christians believe Jesus was the son of God, but I really don't know how honest-to-goodness Satanists feel on the subject. Do they count as Christians, but like...just a really bizarre sect? I mean, they're in the same mythos...people who worshiped Hel were still of the Nordic pantheon; are Satanists Christians because they believe in the Christian "patheon"? Christian extended cinematic universe?

I have a friend who runs like...a Wicca group or something that has a Satanist. Maybe I'll ask her?

It's not a bizarre sect of Christianity and there are non-believers of Jesus among mainstream Christians. The most widely known non-believer Christians are the Quakers, who was enemy #1 of the neoplatonic churchs of Harvard and the other pre-American New World protestants. Quakers essentially believe that anyone can become Jesus Christ by acting out their "inner light" with an infallible "enthusiasm."
Modern accusations against freemasonry are identical to those made by puritans against the Quakers. Those accusations are similar of those made by irenaeus against the gnostics of early Palestinian Christianity.
The trinity conception has won out in the narrative of history, but it's less biblical than the modern west's conception of Lucifer.

Quote (IceMage @ 14 Feb 2019 13:36)
I think you have to believe in the Trinity to be a Christian.

Arian and National Socinianist denominations dont use triad cosmogony and believe Jesus to be the son of God.
The trinity was hypothesized by (supposedly) pythagoras, and a true logos that approaches the christos mythos was devolved by Plato, who used a concept of pyth's theorem to arrive at a trinitarian esoteric. This is why Voltaire said Plato deserved to be canonized in Christianity.
Gold: 3.33
Feb 14 2019 07:33pm
Quote (MaliceMizer @ Feb 14 2019 03:36pm)
It's not a bizarre sect of Christianity and there are non-believers of Jesus among mainstream Christians. The most widely known non-believer Christians are the Quakers, who was enemy #1 of the neoplatonic churchs of Harvard and the other pre-American New World protestants. Quakers essentially believe that anyone can become Jesus Christ by acting out their "inner light" with an infallible "enthusiasm."
Modern accusations against freemasonry are identical to those made by puritans against the Quakers. Those accusations are similar of those made by irenaeus against the gnostics of early Palestinian Christianity.
The trinity conception has won out in the narrative of history, but it's less biblical than the modern west's conception of Lucifer.

http://i.imgur.com/KGwUR4V.jpg

Arian and National Socinianist denominations dont use triad cosmogony and believe Jesus to be the son of God.
The trinity was hypothesized by (supposedly) pythagoras, and a true logos that approaches the christos mythos was devolved by Plato, who used a concept of pyth's theorem to arrive at a trinitarian esoteric. This is why Voltaire said Plato deserved to be canonized in Christianity.

Being Christ biblically referred to himself in a manner which denoted a unique set of qualities, and furthermore a divinity, as the sole mediator between "the Father" (God) and mankind (no one comes to the father except through me), how then could a Quaker claim that Christ-hood was not unique to Christ? If no one comes to the father except through him, then certainly there can only be one with that capacity.

He states quite clearly that "I bear witness of myself," and he also states "Before Abraham was, I am" which denotes an eternality to his existence predating the creation of man, and furthermore, is a reference to the name of God "I am" given to Moses at the burning bush. This is why the Pharisees declared Christ blasphemous because he indeed gave for himself one of the names of God.

Thus, Quakerism, as defined, is hardly Christianity, in that it rejects the bible, which is the principal source of Christian theology, and therefore, does not serve as a refutation against the idea that Christians can be disbelievers in the divinity of Christ.

Complimentary verses:
John 1:4 "In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind." (ESV)
John 8:12 “'I am the light of the world.'" - Christ (ESV)
Jon 8:14 "I bear witness of myself"
John 8:56-58 "Before Abraham was, I am"
John 14:16 "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" (NIV)

This post was edited by FGdumpster on Feb 14 2019 07:43pm
Gold: 285.00
Feb 14 2019 08:04pm
Not a Christian he don't exist.

Christianity was a magic mushroom cult which is why they talk about the spontaneous generation of virgin birth and every old piece of artwork depicts them in mushroom hats. Wtf were halos? They are mushroom hats. In the Vatican they even dress like giant psychadelic mushrooms.

Google Jesus is a mushroom and see what happens. All the old frescos are insane lol.

The narrative of the passion is all creative writing and the bible was made through a political process that was a very violent conflict between the followers of the various sects for what is considered orthodoxy. There are many books not in the bible that are deemed thought crime and heretic for many dumb reasons mostly involving the nature of the trinity.

Opiate of the masses? Not at first lawl.

This post was edited by Skinned on Feb 14 2019 08:10pm
Feb 14 2019 11:14pm
Quote (Skinned @ Feb 14 2019 08:04pm)
Not a Christian he don't exist.

Christianity was a magic mushroom cult which is why they talk about the spontaneous generation of virgin birth and every old piece of artwork depicts them in mushroom hats. Wtf were halos? They are mushroom hats. In the Vatican they even dress like giant psychadelic mushrooms.

Google Jesus is a mushroom and see what happens. All the old frescos are insane lol.

The narrative of the passion is all creative writing and the bible was made through a political process that was a very violent conflict between the followers of the various sects for what is considered orthodoxy. There are many books not in the bible that are deemed thought crime and heretic for many dumb reasons mostly involving the nature of the trinity.

Opiate of the masses? Not at first lawl.

The apocalypse of peter

Acknowledged as divinely inspired but too grizzly for canonization

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Feb 14 2019 11:14pm
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1234512Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll