d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Well Guys I Have Been Sick With Pancreatitis > Yeah This Is Awful
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.20
Dec 18 2018 07:23am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Dec 18 2018 01:09pm)
Man I’m really sorry to hear that, I hope they figure it out quickly so you can get back to life..

That makes two of us lol and I appreciate it buddy
Quote (Darkblue @ Dec 17 2018 03:31am)
Feel better bud, shit sucks.

Yes it does and thanks man
Gold: 220.74
Dec 18 2018 09:18am
Just going to throw two shots in the dark here... but maybe a bad stomach ulcer or a hernia that's hard to spot and pinching your stomach off at times?
Gold: 0.00
Dec 18 2018 03:31pm
Quote (bensfriend2 @ Dec 18 2018 03:18pm)
Just going to throw two shots in the dark here... but maybe a bad stomach ulcer or a hernia that's hard to spot and pinching your stomach off at times?

He has pancreatitis, I doubt he has an ileus..

Probably a gall stone blocking the common bile duct.... They'll probably end up just yanking the thing out of him.

This post was edited by ozzyarmy3 on Dec 18 2018 03:32pm
Gold: 23.20
Jan 4 2019 12:51pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Dec 18 2018 09:31pm)
He has pancreatitis, I doubt he has an ileus..

Probably a gall stone blocking the common bile duct.... They'll probably end up just yanking the thing out of him.

Well I had a dr appointment today they put me asleep and ran a light down my throat they mostly checked for stomach ulcers today which I had none. Now they are scheduling me a hida scan test to check my gallbladder and see what % of it is working.

I went to a different gastroenterologist dr and he is the one that seems to be helping me the most. He is thinking my gallbladder will probably have to come out. I described my problems to him and he definitely thinks it's my gallbladder that is causing me the problems.

I just cant wait to get it out and let my pancreas heal because I am still having quite a bit of pain from it. I went and worked out last night and I made it to the parking lot to my vehicle and started throwing up. I will feel fine one minute and working out and next minute just feel like I have to vomit.

I'll keep u all updated though. My hida scan will hopefully be in a week or so as soon as my insurance approves it. Then hopefully if my gallbladder is the problem get my surgery date and have it removed.
Gold: 6.66
Jan 14 2019 06:08am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Dec 16 2018 10:13pm)
That’s not how a gallbladder works, it’s only function is to store bile and release it into your gut. There’s no lab to test for cholecystitsother than inflammatory markers. The best indicator for inflamed gall bladder is the presents of stones. I’d trust the docs, or talk to your primary and request an ercp to check it out.

The best indicator is elevated inflammation markers and swelling of the gall bladder membrane in an ultrasound or CT. Cholecystitis can exist with or without stones. ERCP is not the primary procedure for diagnosis, ultrasound is the first choice. ERCP is done if the bile vessels/ducts are enlarged due to a likely obstruction and a treatment procedure is expected. MRCP is less invasive and as such carries less risks.

Pancreatitis doesn't need an ultrasound, occasionally it requires a CT, but it can often be diagnosed through the symptoms and lab tests (amylase).

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jan 14 2019 06:09am
Jan 14 2019 06:17am
Quote (Neptunus @ Jan 14 2019 12:08pm)
The best indicator is elevated inflammation markers and swelling of the gall bladder membrane in an ultrasound or CT. Cholecystitis can exist with or without stones. ERCP is not the primary procedure for diagnosis, ultrasound is the first choice. ERCP is done if the bile vessels/ducts are enlarged due to a likely obstruction and a treatment procedure is expected. MRCP is less invasive and as such carries less risks.

Pancreatitis doesn't need an ultrasound, occasionally it requires a CT, but it can often be diagnosed through the symptoms and lab tests (amylase).

CRP is literally never ordered as part of a primary diagnosis for anything anymore unless they have pre-existing conditions which are being monitored. And you’re right on the mrcp and ultrasound.
Gold: 6.66
Jan 14 2019 06:32am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 14 2019 02:17pm)
CRP is literally never ordered as part of a primary diagnosis for anything anymore unless they have pre-existing conditions which are being monitored. And you’re right on the mrcp and ultrasound.

What? CRP is the most basic measurement in emergencies alongside blood count, electrolytes and creatinine. There are plenty of CRP quick tests using capillary blood at gp offices. If the symptom has persisted and yet your CRP is low chances of having an inflammation is practically non-existent unless you liver is damaged.

Appendicitis can actually be diagnosed even without imaging, just by pressing the abdomen and knowing the CRP and leukocyte count. Fever helps too.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jan 14 2019 06:34am
Jan 14 2019 06:43am
Quote (Neptunus @ Jan 14 2019 12:32pm)
What? CRP is the most basic measurement in emergencies alongside blood count, electrolytes and creatinine. There are plenty of CRP quick tests using capillary blood at gp offices. If the symptom has persisted and yet your CRP is low chances of having an inflammation is practically non-existent unless you liver is damaged.

Appendicitis can actually be diagnosed even without imaging, just by pressing the abdomen and knowing the CRP and leukocyte count. Fever helps too.

CRP indicates inflammation somewhere, protocol states with rebound pain in the rlq and an elevated white count requires imaging, that’s best practice.

And I rarely see a CRP ordered anymore, but that’s based on the provider. I work emergency medicine, I see it daily.
Gold: 82.50
Jan 14 2019 07:47am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 14 2019 05:43am)
CRP indicates inflammation somewhere, protocol states with rebound pain in the rlq and an elevated white count requires imaging, that’s best practice.

And I rarely see a CRP ordered anymore, but that’s based on the provider. I work emergency medicine, I see it daily.

CRP is ordered frequently
Jan 14 2019 08:31am
Quote (dogboston @ Jan 14 2019 01:47pm)
CRP is ordered frequently

I’ll take a shot in the dark and say it’s provider to provider. None of the ED docs or mid levels I work with ever order a crp, it’s too broad of a diagnosis tool.
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll