d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Well Guys I Have Been Sick With Pancreatitis > Yeah This Is Awful
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 23.20
Jan 18 2019 10:11am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 16 2019 02:26am)
h-pylori is a pain in the ass man.. Glad to hear that they narrowed it down though.

yeah me to buddy now i just hope to get better and my pancreas heal also

must of been the h-pylori that triggered my pancreas all of the bacteria-infection i assume
Gold: 6.66
Jan 20 2019 11:49am
Quote (Marinda @ Jan 18 2019 06:11pm)
yeah me to buddy now i just hope to get better and my pancreas heal also

must of been the h-pylori that triggered my pancreas all of the bacteria-infection i assume

Could be, but likely didn't though. Not a known risk factor. I would advise not to think too much about it. The body is too complicated to be able to make assumptions about causalities unless they are properly investigated. You might think that A causes B, but there's a lot of other factors that can cause B simultaneously. It's good your H. pylori is under treatment and yojr pancreas is getting better.

This post was edited by Neptunus on Jan 20 2019 11:53am
Feb 5 2019 10:21am
Well guys here is another update.

I came back to emergency room Sunday. They scanned me and guess what still have pancreatitis.

They have admitted me in the hospital this time I've stayed 2 nights so far still in here now

My pancreas levels are coming back normal but my pancreas is inflamed stays inflamed so they dont really know what's causing it

One second they mention taking my gallbladder out then the next second they act like I dont need it out.

They are giving me fluids in a iv and keeping me on a strict liquid diet. I've all have ate so far is small cup of jello small cup of broth and drank some apple juice.

I'm starved to death they said my pancreas needs to rest and heal.

So that's all I know for now guys

I got to talk to a surgeon a little later today so I might know something more then

This post was edited by Marinda on Feb 5 2019 10:25am
Gold: 39.00
Feb 5 2019 11:17am
RIP GAINS

Feb 5 2019 12:27pm
Quote (Agent007 @ Feb 5 2019 05:17pm)
RIP GAINS

Yeah for sure

It's kinda heartbreaking for me honestly. Worked so damn hard and just losing it all this fast.

I might quit the gym because I am to sick to even be lifting. I have been trying to lift but it's not doing much good as I dont have my strength.

I went to the gym Saturday last day i lifted was throwing up in a garbage can before the end of my workout. So I just went ahead and left. Like I said it really disappoints me but I think I am just going to have to accept it and move on
Feb 6 2019 06:36am
Well this makes my 4th day today in the hospital

They still letting me rest the pancreas and still on strict liquid diet

My gallbladder is working 61% they want it to get to 40% to take it out since It ain't showing no gallstones

I think if they take it out it would help alot but said insurance wont pay until 40% or lower

They started me on pancreas meds also called creon I think these meds are more for chronic pancreatis so maybe they will help me

They also giving me morphine for pain. This stuff is very painful and just dont seem to go away

This post was edited by Marinda on Feb 6 2019 06:37am
Gold: 371.00
Feb 7 2019 12:09am
Quote (Marinda @ Feb 6 2019 04:36am)
Well this makes my 4th day today in the hospital

They still letting me rest the pancreas and still on strict liquid diet

My gallbladder is working 61% they want it to get to 40% to take it out since It ain't showing no gallstones

I think if they take it out it would help alot but said insurance wont pay until 40% or lower

They started me on pancreas meds also called creon I think these meds are more for chronic pancreatis so maybe they will help me

They also giving me morphine for pain. This stuff is very painful and just dont seem to go away

Bet you regret taking creatine now?
Feb 8 2019 06:27am
Well here is another update I got to come home after 5 days in the hospital.

My gastroenterologist kept telling me it was my gallbladder and referred me to a surgeon. The surgeon looks at my medical charts and told me it wasnt gallbladder that he wasnt gonna do surgery.

So then gastroenterologist came back and talked to me and was telling me yeah it was my gallbladder said that he believed I had small micro sized gallstones that wasnt showing up in my scans that I needed to talk to another surgeon and get a second opinion.

So the second surgeon comes in and said it is not my gallbladder once again said he dont think I have the micro sized gallstones like the gi dr though. He told me that it was the tail of my pancreas inflamed and If they did gallbladder surgery on me that it had a really good chance of killing me with my pancreas the way it is.

He said do not let no one cut on me for gallbladder surgery. He said if it was my gallbladder it would be the head of my pancreas and not the tail inflamed.

He told me that the hospital did not have no surgeon that could help me said no surgeons operated on the pancreas there. He referred me to uk hospital in Lexington kentucky. Said I need to see a transplant surgeon and that they might be able to go in and cut the tail of my pancreas off. Said it's a dangerous procedure.

Also mentioned chronic pancreatis where I have had this so whole long and it doesn't heal.

So my appointment ain't until March told me if symotoms get worse go through the emergency room at uk. Or go back to where I was and they could ship me down there.

So that's where I am right now went to hospital In pain over my pancreas and left the hospital in pain with my pancreas. I have s appointment with my family dr this morning going to hopefully get pain medicine to help me out until my appointment. But I honestly dont think I'll make it to March 26th.
Gold: 6.66
Feb 8 2019 11:21am
Damn, that sounds rough. Can't even imagine how difficult your condition is to deal with, with all the intermittent pain.
Feb 10 2019 12:35pm
Quote (Neptunus @ Feb 8 2019 05:21pm)
Damn, that sounds rough. Can't even imagine how difficult your condition is to deal with, with all the intermittent pain.

Yeah buddy it is rough. I've lost a total of about 30-31 lbs now.

I was weighing 205-208 benching 315lbs

Now I weigh 177 lbs and no idea what max bench is dont even want to know at this point.

I am just now trying to adapt to this life and taking it all in and realizing I cant do half of the stuff that I use to.

Hopefully the other dr down in Lexington can help me or maybe let me know some more about it which I know quite a bit now. Alot more than I knew before I went back to hospital this last time. U stay in the hospital for 5 days and u learn alot about your sickness

I'm thinking about possibly going to gym and doing some light dumbell and cable exercises. I just miss it and honestly miss all my gym buddy's would like to go up there and say hi
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll