d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1354355356357358487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 5 2023 08:45pm
rude

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Feb 5 2023 08:45pm
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 5 2023 11:52pm
Quote (CPK001 @ Feb 5 2023 10:09pm)
Ahh, I already touched on this subject way back in March of 2013. If I post the link then you will not read it so I will just post the whole thing here:

Good day to you ladies and gentlemen. Tonight is the fifth of the ten questions that we are studying at Church. I have been taking notes and I am going to try and portray what I heard at Church onto here. The fifth question of the ten questions is this: Can there really just be one true religion? This is a very relevant question when starting out. You hear about many religions and you don't know which one to believe. We have all gone through this stage in life. This very topic gets debated on the forums very fiercely.

The birth of religion

The first thing I'll do is post a small story from the Bible.

John 14:1-6 NIV

Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.

Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now with that topic of discussion question what might be going on behind the question is this, aren't all religions basically the same? This is looking at the question behind the question. Now the reason why that might be the case is all religions are looking at the same thing from a different angle. However, reach religion has only a part of the full picture. Consider the following example:

Here we have 6 blind people touching an elephant. Now each of these people are touching a different part of the elephant, they are limited to that one small spectrum. If they combine their minds and make it out to be one whole being they could perhaps put the puzzle piece together or most likely not. The point is they have one small piece of the bigger picture and they have come up with their own conclusions. Now consider each of these people are different religions and they are looking at the big picture from a different angle each. Now consider each religion are all saying that they are right and you must be wrong. What they are saying is "My way is the only way." Now society today tries to get everyone to get along. You might have a friend who is a Muslim or a neighbour who is a Buddhist. Now society says: "Can't we all just get along?" Show tolerance towards others. We all know that doesn't happen. There have been countless terrorist attacks on the world over the years.

Now Jesus had a very different view to religion to societies view. Jesus viewed religion as the problem instead of the solution.

Back to the Bible passage. John 14:6 NIV: "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Now that is a very bold claim by Jesus. I must ask you if you think that claim is arrogant? Jesus is claiming that there is only one way to the Father and that is through him. There is NO OTHER WAY!
However, we do have a piece of this big picture don't we? So we should kind of know the way right? Wrong. We are all in the same boat as what Thomas said a verse earlier.

John 14:5 NIV “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

Does Thomas say that he knows a bit? Does he say he knows at all? No he doesn't, Thomas plainly and clearly says he doesn't know the way. That is the situation each and every one of us are in. Jesus had to show Thomas the way.

With the elephant once again, with that picture posted we do see the whole picture. We do see the elephant. We are the blind people. Now if we are the blind people who is the one who sees the whole picture? God Almighty. Then what are we all touching? If you can make the transition from that photo the elephant is in fact Jesus. Now in order for the blind people to know that what they are touching is an elephant what they need is for the elephant to speak up right? If the elephant makes a noise they'll all know it is an elephant. Same idea with us, we needed Jesus to speak up and show us the full picture and show us the way to the Father.

Now there have been many religions that have been formed over the centuries. Jesus did not come to bring birth to another religion. Religion is not like a huge pile and you got to choose which one suits you then along comes Jesus and tosses another religion into the pile. No, Jesus came to bring DEATH to religion. You should let that statement sink in. Now religion can easily be viewed as a bargaining chip, if you do this and this then God will do this for you. Religion is basically works based. Jesus put that all to death on the cross. Back to John 14:6 where Jesus claims he is the way and the truth and the life. Is that still a very arrogant claim? If you still do then you should take it up with Jesus himself. The truth is that statement is a very humble claim. Jesus never said that arrogantly, he invites everybody to come and meet the Father through him.

There are 3 big religions that date back to Abraham. 'Christianity, Judaism, and Islam are all Abrahamic religions. Abraham dates back to 1800 BC.' Abraham is a historic figure in the Old Testament. However Christianity can be dated back before that.

John 8:58 NIV “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

Did you see that? Jesus claimed that he was there before the historic figure known as Abraham! Now is that another arrogant claim by Jesus? By no means, that is another very humble claim. Jesus takes us back to the beginning of creation. In the beginning there was only one religion. Adam and Eve back in the Garden. They walked and talked with God himself.

I said before that Jesus came to bring death to religion. On to the next point.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The death of religion

On our own do we have a part of the picture? No we don't, we have no picture at all of what the way would be. When Jesus killed all the religions it is like all the blind people seeing the whole picture that it was an elephant the whole time because the elephant spoke up! All previous ideas became null and void.

Now is there another way? Of course not, Jesus himself said these words: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." Luke 22:42 NIV What Jesus is saying there is if there is any other way then take the cup of dying on the cross away from me, yet not by his own will but by the Father's will.
If there was another way then why did Jesus go through all that mockery and physical pain and death? The arrogant claim by people is saying that there is another way and that Jesus died for nothing. Religion is a game of do, do, do. Jesus said "It if finished" on the cross. It did not end there because Jesus rose again!

John 11:25 NIV

Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”

Death has conquered all in the past. Death conquered Muhammed, Allah, all previous Popes and all other prophets and religious figures. Death conquered Jesus---oh wait, the tomb is empty. No, Jesus conquered death by death. All religious teachers will eventually die - except Jesus who is alive!

So all religion is dead except for one - Jesus. Jesus said that he is the way and the truth and the life. Nobody comes to the Father except through him. There is NO other way.
It is not about do, do, do like religion wants us to believe in works based. Is is about God doing it all for us and Jesus saying "It is done." It is finished. All we need to do is believe. Will you give your life over to Jesus today? I pray that you do!

Go to page 342. TiStuff had already answered you.

Tsk, tsk, you just can't break out of the cycle can you? You post small snippets of Scripture out of context without reading the whole passage. A simple Google Search always either had the full passage in context or the explanation of the passage was given. The go to site for me is: gotquestions.org.

Isaiah 6:9-10

He said, “Go and tell this people:

“‘Be ever hearing, but never understanding;
be ever seeing, but never perceiving.’
Make the heart of this people calloused;
make their ears dull
and close their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts,
and turn and be healed.”

Riveting. One question how does this in any way explain that Christianity is one true religion when others claiming they are true? You spent typing a wall of text saying because the copy of this book from 2000 years ago told me. Incidentally jesus also claiming that if you believe in him you will live forever. Oops I guess jesus went too far there on his sales presentation. Turning water into wine was a nice magic trick, walking on water and reviving people from the dead was not enough he had to promise immortality. Must of been a tough crowd.

Wouldn't it be a bummer when your prophet promises you all these cool things and you give so much money to the church but none of them are true? Yeah that would suck real bad.
Gold: 69.69
Warn: 30%
Feb 6 2023 12:01am
Imagine Hannibal Lector shows up at your door. "Excuse me good sir have you heard of our lord and saviour? When you join today we will teach you how our God instructs people to eat their children would you like a brochure?

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

Feb 6 2023 12:42am
So actually i want an explanation about the genocide done by god (rain, noah arch).

This post was edited by Meanwhile on Feb 6 2023 12:43am
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Feb 6 2023 02:22am
Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 5 2023 10:22am)
That didn’t answer anything, just more bs which is why I didn’t even bother responding to him.

rather convenient. must be nice to be so fantactico, crosspawz the fantastico, you dont have to offer explanations. you just declare it and its so, hEY?! its like your god woo hoo ..........you must be atheist/antitheist??? they always have god complexes,............its amusing, the people that "dont believe in God" think they are god
Feb 6 2023 02:41am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 5 2023 06:45pm)

only proves hes a liar.

Quote (addone @ Feb 5 2023 09:52pm)
Riveting. One question how does this in any way explain that Christianity is one true religion when others claiming they are true? You spent typing a wall of text saying because the copy of this book from 2000 years ago told me. Incidentally jesus also claiming that if you believe in him you will live forever. Oops I guess jesus went too far there on his sales presentation. Turning water into wine was a nice magic trick, walking on water and reviving people from the dead was not enough he had to promise immortality. Must of been a tough crowd.
Wouldn't it be a bummer when your prophet promises you all these cool things and you give so much money to the church but none of them are true? Yeah that would suck real bad.

why would it "suck"?

Quote (addone @ Feb 5 2023 10:01pm)
Imagine Hannibal Lector shows up at your door. "Excuse me good sir have you heard of our lord and saviour? When you join today we will teach you how our God instructs people to eat their children would you like a brochure?

https://i.ibb.co/QDJ7XD4/images-13.jpg

If in spite of this you still do not listen to me but continue to be hostile toward me, 28 then in my anger I will be hostile toward you, and I myself will punish you for your sins seven times over. 29 You will eat the flesh of your sons and the flesh of your daughters."(Leviticus 26:27-30)

its pretty weak dude when you insist that that scripture be kept out of context.

Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 5 2023 10:42pm)
So actually i want an explanation about the genocide done by god (rain, noah arch).

your explanation is in scripture.
Genesis 6:12
“And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.”
genesis 6:13
Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.”
King James Version (KJV)

mankind on the path of destruction same as he is now. God did not destroy man kind he saved mankind.
man left to his own devices will eventually destroy himself. we can see that now more than ever. can you imagine so many unquestioning trusting a person like bill gates and rolling up their sleeve?

This post was edited by TiStuff on Feb 6 2023 02:54am
Gold: 30,000.00
Feb 6 2023 07:27am
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 6 2023 02:22am)
rather convenient. must be nice to be so fantactico, crosspawz the fantastico, you dont have to offer explanations. you just declare it and its so, hEY?! its like your god woo hoo ..........you must be atheist/antitheist??? they always have god complexes,............its amusing, the people that "dont believe in God" think they are god

Mate you didn’t even explain anything you just said “it could be this” or “might be a metaphor” “could merely be” lol
Let me know when you give me an actual detailed response to my concerns, thanks
Speculation and “could be” isn’t fact

I am well aware that I am nothing in this life, no god complex here. You couldn’t be more wrong, but I don’t expect much from you, just look at all your ridiculous threads in here. You definitely are lacking love and education in your life.

This post was edited by crosspawz on Feb 6 2023 07:32am
Feb 6 2023 07:40am
Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 6 2023 05:27am)
Mate you didn’t even explain anything you just said “it could be this” or “might be a metaphor” “could merely be” lol
Let me know when you give me an actual detailed response to my concerns, thanks
Speculation and “could be” isn’t fact

I am well aware that I am nothing in this life, no god complex here. You couldn’t be more wrong, but I don’t expect much from you, just look at all your ridiculous threads in here. You definitely are lacking love and education in your life.

i do notice that you spent enough time away before you didnt answer what I offered. now I am supposed to go back and dig it out.

your acting plenty high and mighty enough

BTW your last part is mere adhom and doesnt address anything. Adhom is the refuge of the looser
Feb 6 2023 03:20pm
Quote (TiStuff @ 6 Feb 2023 09:41)

your explanation is in scripture.
Genesis 6:12
“And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.”
genesis 6:13
Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.”
King James Version (KJV)

mankind on the path of destruction same as he is now. God did not destroy man kind he saved mankind.
man left to his own devices will eventually destroy himself. we can see that now more than ever. can you imagine so many unquestioning trusting a person like bill gates and rolling up their sleeve?

Reee scrupture noah genocide buttt butt corruption !

Gold: 0.00
Feb 6 2023 09:58pm
Quote (crosspawz @ Feb 6 2023 04:22am)
That didn’t answer anything, just more bs which is why I didn’t even bother responding to him.

You read all that? There's a lot more where that came from.

Quote (addone @ Feb 6 2023 03:52pm)

Here is where I post references that look at this from a different angle and yet come to the same conclusion.

https://www.gotquestions.org/correct-religion.html

Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 6 2023 04:42pm)

Let's look at Scripture to answer this. Early on we had the Fall in Genesis 3. God said to the serpent in verse 15:

"And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”

Already God has promised that there will be a saviour who will fix the problem of sin. The Demons had heard this and believed and went to work.

Genesis 6:1-8

When human beings began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose. Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.”

The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

The Lord saw how great the wickedness of the human race had become on the earth, and that every inclination of the thoughts of the human heart was only evil all the time. The Lord regretted that he had made human beings on the earth, and his heart was deeply troubled. So the Lord said, “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.” But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.

The Nephilim saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful and went to populate the human race by them. The intention of this was to poison the human bloodline so that there could be no saviour as God had promised.

All we know about the Nephilim is that they are giants (Numbers 13:33). Their intentions were clear, poison the bloodline of humanity so there can be no saviour. As a result God had to rid the evil so the saviour could defeat the power of sin.

Here is a snippet from my reference.

"Assuming the Nephilim were the spawn of demons, why would demons want to cohabit with human women and produce offspring? One speculation is that the demons were attempting to pollute the human bloodline in order to prevent the coming of the Messiah. God had promised that the Messiah would one day crush the head of the serpent, Satan (Genesis 3:15). The demons in Genesis 6 were possibly attempting to prevent the crushing of the serpent and make it impossible for a sinless “seed of the woman” to be born."

https://www.gotquestions.org/Nephilim.html
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1354355356357358487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll