d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate >
Poll > How To Get To Heaven When You Die
Prev1356357358359360487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 8 2023 02:56am
Quote (addone @ Feb 7 2023 05:50pm)
1. Logical consistency - bible fails in just about every major way to keep consistency (free will but if you don't love him puts you in a pit of fire, loves you unconditionally unless you are disformed, etc etc

2. Empirical adequacy - promises everlasting life everyone dies, says the world is around 6000 years old but no scientist other than the bible "scientist" believe that and to this day haven't provided undeniable proof. Talks about dragons and talking snakes and other bizzare stories with no basis in reality

3. Existential relevancy - doesn't really answer big questions in life other then he made everything to worship him and everything will be bueno. A few interesting stories/parables that you would find in just about religious book or spoken by every guru and prophet that ever existed.

So it fails on all accounts to make itself the "one" religion. It's literally a mash of a handful of other religions with some unknown and unverified authors. The only thing that made it dominant is because it's one of the most violent and oppressive religion that exists second being Islam. However Islam is picking up pace in the violence department and is trending to overtake Christianity in numbers by 2050. Https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/

Genesis 3:1-5

Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?

The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’”

You will not certainly die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.

The devil's tactic to draw people away from God is to twist His words. It's a tactic that dates back all the way to The Fall. What you post in your parenthesis makes it abundantly clear that you believe the words of the serpent over God. The word has been twisted in your mind and the results, just like The Fall, will be disastrous.

Here is what I think about free will.

"God created things which had free will. That means creatures which can go either wrong or right. Some people think they can imagine a creature which was free but had no possibility of going wrong; I cannot. If a thing is free to be good it is also free to be bad. And free will is what has made evil possible. Why, then, did God give them free will? Because free will though it makes evil possible, is also the only thing that makes possible any love or goodness or joy worth having. A world of automata-of creatures that worked like machines-would hardly be worth creating. The happiness which God designs for His higher creatures is the happiness of being freely, voluntarily united to Him and to each other in an ecstasy of love and delight compared with which the most rapturous love between a man and a woman on this earth is mere milk and water. And for that they must be free.

Of course God knew what would happen if they used their freedom the wrong way: apparently He thought it worth the risk. Perhaps we feel inclined to disagree with Him. But there is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and He wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on. If God thinks this state of war in the universe a price worth paying for free will-that is, for making a live world in which creatures can do real good or harm and something of real importance can happen, instead of a toy world which only moves when He pulls the strings-then we may take it it is worth paying."

Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 8 2023 05:53am)

So tell me, why would do you ask for clarification if you were never going to reply to the answer given to you? Why would you instead post an out of context Bible Verse?
Gold: 17,384.69
Feb 8 2023 07:17am
Quote (CPK001 @ 8 Feb 2023 09:56)
So tell me, why would do you ask for clarification if you were never going to reply to the answer given to you? Why would you instead post an out of context Bible Verse?

Oh my bad: Seems God answered violence by violence. I means even Apophis, Seth, or Satan didn't manage to make such level of destruction.
Thanks for answer.
Feb 8 2023 07:25am
Quote (TiStuff @ 8 Feb 2023 04:20)
thanks chump, that matches prophecy

2 Thessalonians 2:1-3
King James Version

2 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Match with whatever object you want but do not include me in your trumpet traitor heretic readings.
Gold: 2,955.95
Warn: 10%
Feb 8 2023 10:46am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 8 2023 05:25am)
Match with whatever object you want but do not include me in your trumpet traitor heretic readings.

atheists/antitheists/unbelievers played no small part in my conversion to christianity ty
Feb 8 2023 10:48am
Quote (TiStuff @ 8 Feb 2023 17:46)
atheists/antitheists/unbelievers played no small part in my conversion to christianity ty

I'm very probably much more Christian than you.
Feb 8 2023 10:51am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 8 2023 08:48am)
I'm very probably much more Christian than you.

antitheists typically have high opinions of themselves.
Feb 8 2023 11:13am
Quote (TiStuff @ 8 Feb 2023 17:51)
antitheists typically have high opinions of themselves.

I'm very probably much more christian than you and this is why i'm worried by false christians / trumpets / evangelists fanatics etc
Feb 8 2023 11:43am
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 8 2023 09:13am)
I'm very probably much more christian than you and this is why i'm worried by false christians / trumpets / evangelists fanatics etc

way to lay down the judgment. antitheists play god alot
Gold: 80,239.69
Feb 8 2023 12:15pm
Quote (TiStuff @ Feb 8 2023 08:46am)

caught in god's throne:

“Caught up” means “raptured” (Greek HARPazo).
7 kings, 7 hills, 7 spirits, 7 signs, 7 heavens.

rev en' ge📱 is all very personal 2 me:

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Revelation-12-5/

Revelation 17:10
“And there are seven kings: five are fallen, and one is, and the other is not yet come; and when he cometh, he must continue a short space.”This calls for a mind with wisdom: the seven heads are seven mountains on which the woman is seated.
https://publicdelivery.org/shiva-statue-cern/
"staff" of kings = leaven infection = diverse water(heaven)= mark of byeast = #of its name(c19).

This post was edited by lodd222 on Feb 8 2023 12:37pm
Gold: 0.00
Feb 8 2023 09:51pm
Quote (Meanwhile @ Feb 8 2023 11:17pm)
Oh my bad: Seems God answered violence by violence. I means even Apophis, Seth, or Satan didn't manage to make such level of destruction.
Thanks for answer.

Creating God in your own image? A very dangerous path to tread.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1356357358359360487Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll